Photo

Maps

• Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

Poll: Not enough Maps (78 member(s) have cast votes)

Need more then 3 maps

1. yes (62 votes [79.49%])

Percentage of vote: 79.49%

2. no (16 votes [20.51%])

Percentage of vote: 20.51%

Vote Guests cannot vote

JasonVoorhees13

JasonVoorhees13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Locationpanama city beach, florida

I think all the movies deserve a map and will be different enough.  There doing a great job on getting everything used as killing grounds for the maps they have/going to have.  all of the movies took place around the lake but had very different building and other things. like tree styles  in part 6 was planted pines and part 7 was the swamp.

another cool idea i like for a part 8 map would be ny map with under ground sewer passages. but i also like the idea of just adding the beginning  scene as a map. part 4, 5, 6 all have great mapping styles. being a hardcore f13 fan i really want a map from each movie. 

Signature too large, please check rules for correct sizing. 

-management. 

TMSStoneaxe

TMSStoneaxe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Tbh i don't mind low map ammount the maps aren't the appeal or even that big of a thing for the game to me aslong as everything is randomized in different spots (cars items and phones) 

but one rule they must follow is the no dlc maps that kills a games playerbase division of a games players kills the game unless they're big enough like a cod level of popularity and un killableness let alone a tiny indie game like this 

tumblr_oj0jj7ttFT1rp0vkjo1_500.gif 

I'm about as stupid as most people online but not as stupid as this gif 

Kalopsia

Kalopsia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

This is one of the big problems with the F13 license or setting a game in a single horror license in general. There just really aren't that many iconic areas, or ways to mix up the environments. That being said, the current maps are big and randomly generate the cabins so it's not that big of an issue. It would be great to have more maps, but it would also mean the methods of escape would have to be different. Like the boat from part 8 for example. 

TMSStoneaxe

TMSStoneaxe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

This is one of the big problems with the F13 license or setting a game in a single horror license in general. There just really aren't that many iconic areas, or ways to mix up the environments. That being said, the current maps are big and randomly generate the cabins so it's not that big of an issue. It would be great to have more maps, but it would also mean the methods of escape would have to be different. Like the boat from part 8 for example. 

well the maps are generally iconic but each one doesn't really differ much from eachother although i gotta say the game made the higgins haven house and barn for me iconic and memorable idk wut it was but by the time i finished watching people play the beta i loved those buildings and could spot them instantly idk why though

dmack621

dmack621

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationNJ

3 maps are fine to release ... and again, those who want the game YESTERDAY want more and more added before release and yet don't wanna wait, that's ridiculous. DLC later can bring more maps, but if you entitled fools expect them free then idk what to tell ya. 

NO company ever is going to take a loss because some whiny kids on the internet bitched and moaned that they want free stuff.

More maps cost more money. If you want them so badly, pay for them as DLC. Or pay monthly subscription for online play and then maybe the DLC will just be added when it's worth doing.

Triple A games ... people buy DLC or not, people pay subscriptions or not. Everyone knows these companies are not going to change their model because you bitch, or because you're cheap and don't wanna pay for extra content.

Gun Media's mistake was being so transparent and accommodating because it has attracted the leeches who show full disrespect to such a willing-to-work-with-us company by expecting things to be handed.

If Triple A companies need to charge for DLC why the HELL would you think an indie game can just keep producing for you with no cost to you at all? People trying to take advantage of kindness as weakness. Gun has been AMAZING with implementing feedback from beta, taking polls on added Jason skins and the whole nine ... and yet there is still this segment of people who wanna walk over them.

It's disgusting. 

They are making a game for the fans which is absolutely amazing and rather than be a part of growth of the game, this element of people want growth with no contribution.

NEWSFLASH: If you backed kickstarter or backerkit, you backed what we are GETTING AT RELEASE.

If you want more, and you want the game to last ... then contribute to that.

I keep seeing "oh well DLC and making people pay for more stuff will make the game flop." NO, what will make the game flop is these leeches who want,want,want but don't wanna put up to keep it running. You want more content, maintained servers and an online game which isn't shut down in 6 months, you PAY to keep it going. If you aren't interested in it enough to contribute to lasting gameplay and experienced, or new content ... then you really have no place to speak.

The devs owe us NOTHING beyond launch and yet they WANT to add more and grow it. But you want it all for free.

LOL! Go back to Call of Duty or Final Fantasy ... oh WAIT! You have to PAY for those add ons or monthly online play. *GASP*

But yeah ... the indie game can just give to you for free what triple A games change for LOL ... wow the ignorance.

EDIT: I think/hope it should be clear to which section of people this post is meant for. Obviously not for everyone in this thread.

Posted Image

TMSStoneaxe

TMSStoneaxe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

3 maps are fine to release ... and again, those who want the game YESTERDAY want more and more added before release and yet don't wanna wait, that's ridiculous. DLC later can bring more maps, but if you entitled fools expect them free then idk what to tell ya. 

NO company ever is going to take a loss because some whiny kids on the internet bitched and moaned that they want free stuff.

More maps cost more money. If you want them so badly, pay for them as DLC. Or pay monthly subscription for online play and then maybe the DLC will just be added when it's worth doing.

Triple A games ... people buy DLC or not, people pay subscriptions or not. Everyone knows these companies are not going to change their model because you bitch, or because you're cheap and don't wanna pay for extra content.

Gun Media's mistake was being so transparent and accommodating because it has attracted the leeches who show full disrespect to such a willing-to-work-with-us company by expecting things to be handed.

If Triple A companies need to charge for DLC why the HELL would you think an indie game can just keep producing for you with no cost to you at all? People trying to take advantage of kindness as weakness. Gun has been AMAZING with implementing feedback from beta, taking polls on added Jason skins and the whole nine ... and yet there is still this segment of people who wanna walk over them.

It's disgusting. 

They are making a game for the fans which is absolutely amazing and rather than be a part of growth of the game, this element of people want growth with no contribution.

NEWSFLASH: If you backed kickstarter or backerkit, you backed what we are GETTING AT RELEASE.

I keep seeing "oh well DLC and making people pay for more stuff will make the game flop." NO, what will make the game flop is these leeches who want,want,want but don't wanna put up to keep it running. You want more content, maintained servers and an online game which isn't shut down in 6 months, you PAY to keep it going. If you aren't interested in it enough to contribute to lasting gameplay and experienced, or new content ... then you really have no place to speak.

The devs owe us NOTHING beyond launch and yet they WANT to add more and grow it. But you want it all for free.

LOL! Go back to Call of Duty or Final Fantasy ... oh WAIT! You have to PAY for those add ons or monthly online play. *GASP*

But yeah ... the indie game can just give to you for free what triple A games change for LOL ... wow the ignorance.

EDIT: I think/hope it should be clear to which section of people this post is meant for. Obviously not for everyone in this thread.

you still can't make maps dlc but i'm fine with paying for anything else hell i'm fine with paying an extra 10 bucks on something that would have usually cost 5 so maps can get funded without having to make us directly pay for them as long the community doesn't get split up by dlc maps

Gdain

Gdain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts
I see what you are saying with being divided. Not sure how the rounds will be set up but after a round ends and the map changes and not everyone has the new map, I can see where this might cause issues. But in the long run, do you really want to play with those people that don't have the maps? Lol. I would find it odd that a fan wouldn't grab every thing they release.
  • Splatterhouse and JasonVoorhees13 like this

DamonD7

DamonD7

Some kind of goober

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts
  • LocationTavistock, Devon, UK

Some people just can't afford to keep up with the latest things. Real life and real bills get in the way, sometimes, regardless of how much of a fan the player may be.

It's tough because maps are one of the, if not arguably the most expensive extra content for them to do. And yet, there always is that unavoidable issue that it absolutely will split the player base to some degree.

• DialM likes this

Juez

Juez

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationSpain

It's disgusting. 

Dude...the map in any online game must be free. U need most experience like a player i think. A game  witha  broken comunity is a dead game. 

The characters must be a price but not the maps.  3 are not so much but is ok for any time.

I so sorry for my English !

IkJcsRh.gif

Austin.JM

Austin.JM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
People who are saying three maps isn't enough at first just must have a short attention span or are just extremely impatient. People keep trying to compare to like call of duty but the maps aren't supposed to renew themselves, Item locations, phone location, car location, certain cabin locations are different every single time you play a match KEEPING it fresh because you have to search for it every time so there's no issue of a map being stale and three different maps which all have changing things every round is more than enough for release and I agree hopefully they will add more maps in the future when they have the money and resources but saying it's "not enough" for the release is kind of ridiculous.

Splatterhouse

Splatterhouse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

People who are saying three maps isn't enough at first just must have a short attention span or are just extremely impatient. People keep trying to compare to like call of duty but the maps aren't supposed to renew themselves, Item locations, phone location, car location, certain cabin locations are different every single time you play a match KEEPING it fresh because you have to search for it every time so there's no issue of a map being stale and three different maps which all have changing things every round is more than enough for release and I agree hopefully they will add more maps in the future when they have the money and resources but saying it's "not enough" for the release is kind of ridiculous.

I don't think people are complaining about having only three maps as such. They're mostly indicating that they would love to see more maps in the future. Manhattan and Lazarus maps are a given for keeping the game fresh. Would just offer a completely different setting to play in, whilst remaining faithful to the lore. They could also really knock the ball out of the park whilst contributing to the lore itself, with a Part IV hospital map. We all know Jason would've killed others during his escape from the Morgue, and a quiet isolated hospital at night would make for a great setting. :)  

• CrazyRalph and JasonVsWindows like this

f13sig_SPLATTER.png

CrazyRalph

CrazyRalph

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts
Dont forget Pinehurst Map for the Roy skin!
  • JasonVsWindows likes this

Kalopsia

Kalopsia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

well the maps are generally iconic but each one doesn't really differ much from eachother although i gotta say the game made the higgins haven house and barn for me iconic and memorable idk wut it was but by the time i finished watching people play the beta i loved those buildings and could spot them instantly idk why though

They are all located in the same place, around Crystal Lake. So of course they aren't that different. 

Gdain

Gdain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Some people just can't afford to keep up with the latest things. Real life and real bills get in the way, sometimes, regardless of how much of a fan the player may be.

It's tough because maps are one of the, if not arguably the most expensive extra content for them to do. And yet, there always is that unavoidable issue that it absolutely will split the player base to some degree.

If it's that big of an issue, budget. These maps or map packs I'm sure could not be that expensive. I could go on about this but it just feels odd discussing why people wouldn't buy the maps.
  • JasonVoorhees13 likes this

Poetic_Injustice

Poetic_Injustice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationCanada, EH?

i really don't mind paying for dlc because it shows who the real fans are and who support the game, i'll pay 10-15 bucks if it gives us the yacht map from JTM

• DEATH, Austin.JM and Gdain like this

Austin.JM

Austin.JM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

i really don't mind paying for dlc because it shows who the real fans are and who support the game, i'll pay 10-15 bucks if it gives us the yacht map from JTM

The yacht would be a cool map it'd probably have lots of small spaces and long hallways but it'd still be awesome and I agree with both sides if the argument I wouldn't mind paying for dlc like counselors and maps but I also agree that when a lot of people don't buy those maps then there's less people to play them and it would prevent certain people from staying together in a game because they wouldn't have all the same options for maps so it would make sense to make the maps free but we have to remember they are a small team and if that means the only way that they can fund new maps is buy making them a purchase then so be it

Krystal

Krystal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

3 open world maps is already great.  it's a lot more than sports games have in playing field variety.

if they add more post launch that is a plus, I like the forest with cabin and deep darkness setting, yeah this already has that, though it really has more hiding places and the envionment feels larger and more open than urban or water maps.

Splatterhouse

Splatterhouse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

3 open world maps is already great.  it's a lot more than sports games have in playing field variety.

if they add more post launch that is a plus, I like the forest with cabin and deep darkness setting, yeah this already has that, though it really has more hiding places and the envionment feels larger and more open than urban or water maps.

I think this is why Manhattan and Lazarus maps would work. In the case of the Lazarus....corridors, cabin floor, dance hall, engine room and top deck would make for a different type of more confined, scarily claustrophobic gameplay. Jason's sense could be nerfed slightly as he isn't "home" at Crystal Lake which will mean he's going to have to check more hiding spots, and will have to roam the ship and and it's floors to find you. As a "counselor" ("survivor"?) I think it would be pretty intense rounding a corner when the Jason player is already coming your way, spots you...then the chase is on - but you don't have miles of camp ground to evade him. I think the claustrophobia of it would be unnervingly brilliant. With his senses becoming stronger with every kill. Same goes with Manhattan with it's dimly lit backstreets, stairwells, rooftops, sewers and banged up old dwellings.

These guys have done nothing short of excellent with what they have so far. Would love to see them spark their creativity on this. Have full faith they could deliver. :)     

f13sig_SPLATTER.png

dmack621

dmack621

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationNJ

I think the best bet on getting added maps later at no charge is going to be via monthly subscriptions for online play.

This way everyone would have the maps, and the revenue to keep the game active and growing will be there.

I don't mind paying monthly subscription. People do it for WoW, Final Fantasy, D.C. Online etc. In fact monthly subscriptions are probably the best way to go.

Posted Image

Gdain

Gdain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts
Having a Lazarus and NY map would be nice. I still love it when you're in the woods though. Hoping for a Shepards/Jarvis map.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users