Photo

Maps

• Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

Poll: Not enough Maps (78 member(s) have cast votes)

Need more then 3 maps

1. yes (62 votes [79.49%])

Percentage of vote: 79.49%

2. no (16 votes [20.51%])

Percentage of vote: 20.51%

Vote Guests cannot vote

SexDrugs&Tea

SexDrugs&Tea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Who in their right mind would vote "No" on this?

Oh I vote no because I think there are enough maps. Honestly even one map would have been cool by me with the amount of detail that went into, I just couldn<t see myself get tired of Higgins.

That doesn<t mean I<m against more maps though, the more the better, I was just saying that more maps wasn<t a necessity

Davidt

Davidt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,750 posts

Oh I vote no because I think there are enough maps. Honestly even one map would have been cool by me with the amount of detail that went into, I just couldn<t see myself get tired of Higgins.

That doesn<t mean I<m against more maps though, the more the better, I was just saying that more maps wasn<t a necessity

Really? I was getting pretty bored of the one map during beta

PSN - david_tortorici
Steam - charlesleeray2
Posted Image

CrazyRalph

CrazyRalph

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts
I aint gonna lie I got slick bored of it too.

ResolutionBlaze

ResolutionBlaze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Really? I was getting pretty bored of the one map during beta

DbD did fine with three maps at launch (technically tilesets but I count them as maps they're tiny).
  • Davidt likes this

I swear I'm not half as angry as I seem to be.

Please give me one star to help cure the new form of cancer called ResolutionBlaze

Check out Unlucky 7, rebooted after three long years of silence!  http://store.steampo...com/app/579120/

Gdain

Gdain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts
I didn't get bored with the map at all. It wasn't until the end that I even started to get an idea of how it was laid out. Most of my time was spent in a panic lol. I think the size of the map was perfect as well. No matter where I went I never felt safe.

bewareofbears

bewareofbears

;)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 637 posts
There will be more than three maps as it goes but three is fine to start. I think when the game is finlly released it's going to be a much different game than what was seen in beta- customization, more characters, alternate escapes, etc. So with that, and two more maps than the beta, it should be fairly varied and hopefully by the time you're sick of the three maps another one is released.
f13sig_BEWARE.png

Love

Love

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

You should've made a poll asking whether or not you're being ungrateful. Maybe that's why the majority of votes are yes.

Nothingface

Nothingface

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

I voted no because I think 3 will be fine for launch.

More maps will be nice but are unnecessary for launch.. especially with how they said Crystal lake was an even more MASSIVE map.

I believe they said it was something like..

Packanack Lodge = Slightly smaller than Higgins.

Higgins Haven = Medium Sized Map

Camp Crystal Lake = FUCKING HUGE.. Like a battlefield conquest large map, so about 25-30% bigger than Higgins.

over all I wouldn't be opposed to more maps. But I don't feel they need them at launch.

But I DO feel that they will need a content update with a new map sometime soonish after.

However they are also working on single player so im not sure how that will play out...

If I where them tho I would have some folks dedicated to Multiplayer content working around the clock. The Multiplayer is what this game will live and die by.

"He is Jason, the man who came back from hell with the strength of 1,000 retards." - Random Redditor

JasonVoorhees13

JasonVoorhees13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Locationpanama city beach, florida

im fine with starting with only 3 maps. they said they will add more at a later date im fine with that. i wish their was more to start with but will be fine knowing their is more on its way.

Signature too large, please check rules for correct sizing. 

-management. 

GinnyvsJason

GinnyvsJason

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Certainly the Jarvis house location, and a Manhattan themed map would be cool!

Like mentioned previously, it would be great if the map you chose to play had added ways to dispatch counsellors and Jason.

In a Final Chapter/Jarvis House Map: Jason could utilize more of the throwing players through windows (or have a further range to do it) like he did with Tina & Rob, or have the ability to nail a dead counsellor to an exit door. For the counsellor, I'd like to see the player be able to grab a computer monitor and smash it over Jason's head much like Trish did.

In a Part VIII map: A Jason kill could be using those alleyway sludge barrels to drown a counsellor. For the counsellor, they could perform a task that allows the toxic waste to flow from the sewers and either kill or affect Jason badly, like when he begins stumbling around after that little bit splashed in his face by Rennie. 

tumblr_n74pbwzzb11rwy386o1_500.gif

dandop1984

dandop1984

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

I'm also fine with 3 maps at the start.

I played the beta for days, and never got bored of higgins haven.

I would love to see a map from part 4 " the Jarvis family home" make it in some dlc.

I do hope the other maps Crytal lake, and pakanack lodge have other objectives. Like a boat escape, or only 1 car get away, just to give a bit more variety.

SomebodyFancy

SomebodyFancy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
Of course we'd love more maps! The ship could be cool for a bit more variety. I'll be happy with whatever they do though. 3 is great to start.

Davidt

Davidt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,750 posts

I'm also fine with 3 maps at the start.

I played the beta for days, and never got bored of higgins haven.

I would love to see a map from part 4 " the Jarvis family home" make it in some dlc.

I do hope the other maps Crytal lake, and pakanack lodge have other objectives. Like a boat escape, or only 1 car get away, just to give a bit more variety.

There will be a boat escape im not sure which map but it was confirmed, just wasnt in the beta.

PSN - david_tortorici
Steam - charlesleeray2
Posted Image

Camp Counselor Will

Camp Counselor Will

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

There will be a boat escape im not sure which map but it was confirmed, just wasnt in the beta.

Remember them saying about the boat escape very early on, looking forward to seeing it and seeing how it works.

hUZ3iqw.jpg

DamonD7

DamonD7

Some kind of goober

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts
  • LocationTavistock, Devon, UK

I remember the X-III kill compilation video has the first kill being the Bookish Girl in a boat. That suggest to me the kind of thing, like rowing away on a little two-man canoe.

I mean, I didn't expect the boat to be the SS Lazarus or anything but, y'know, that's my expectation here.

Would also be an area where J7 could be very dangerous, with his superior swimming speed.

Juez

Juez

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationSpain

Yes. The maps is the life for a multplayer games.

• JasonVoorhees13 likes this

I so sorry for my English !

IkJcsRh.gif

Alexel

Alexel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
If gameplay and game mechanics works fine, i don't care if there's 3 or 2 maps.

l3q2vCa7u0C6Dmn8Q.gif

We don't have to talk, we don't have to dance, we don't have to smile, we dont have to make friends.

Camp Counselor Will

Camp Counselor Will

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

If gameplay and game mechanics works fine, i don't care if there's 3 or 2 maps.

Me neither, and there will most definitely be more added in later. Going by how the funding is going, its only a few hundred thousand away from the 'Abandoned Camp' map, considering they added in the single player/offline mode before they reached that goal, hopefully this one will get done too, but most probably until a few months after the game is out.

hUZ3iqw.jpg

Pop

Pop

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Quality over quantity to me.

From what I've seen, the map in the beta is so realistic and has the spot on F13 mood. I would rather have 3 original, carefully created maps over 6 bland ones.

That said, I hope they add more maps in the future. 

IronKnight55

IronKnight55

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
  • LocationScotland

Quality over quantity to me.

From what I've seen, the map in the beta is so realistic and has the spot on F13 mood. I would rather have 3 original, carefully created maps over 6 bland ones.

That said, I hope they add more maps in the future. 

These are exactly my thoughts as well.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users