Photo

Maps

• Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

Poll: Not enough Maps (78 member(s) have cast votes)

Need more then 3 maps

1. yes (62 votes [79.49%])

Percentage of vote: 79.49%

2. no (16 votes [20.51%])

Percentage of vote: 20.51%

Vote Guests cannot vote

The Phanthom Nico

The Phanthom Nico

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationChile

Some maps that will probably be released post launch are likely.

*Sheperd's Home(Part 7/The New Blood DLC)
*The Yacht(Part 8/Jason Takes Manhattan DLC)

Nope, maps must not be dlc. Maps for everyone.
  • Santi_Lee likes this

Gdain

Gdain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts
what about having different counselor skins with the new locations. Like say if there is a map of the Shepards area the skins and names would change from counselors to party goers. I know this would take a lot of time and money to probably do, but I think it would be a neat idea down the road. If I remember correctly it was after part 2 that they had a mashup of counselors and regular people that Jason stalked. Then 4,7&8 didn't have counselors. Just a thought.

bewareofbears

bewareofbears

;)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 637 posts

what about having different counselor skins with the new locations. Like say if there is a map of the Shepards area the skins and names would change from counselors to party goers. I know this would take a lot of time and money to probably do, but I think it would be a neat idea down the road. If I remember correctly it was after part 2 that they had a mashup of counselors and regular people that Jason stalked. Then 4,7&8 didn't have counselors. Just a thought.

I think with the custom clothing it wouldn't make much of a difference because all players would have customized their counselor. I like the idea though of clothing items related to the new map becoming options or something like that.
  • Gdain likes this
f13sig_BEWARE.png

tyrant666

tyrant666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

It does need more than 3 maps, but I think that will come with DLC. Unless they change their minds and launch with more maps.

Those overview maps they used in those old videos looked like potentially Crystal Lake from the original film. Lots of woods, cabins spread way out, etc. The RNG cabins and pathways and whatnot will help replay value immensely.

I also think on top of being able to get on the second floor of the barn, it might make sense to be able to access the basement of Higgins Haven. Not a necessity, but an option.

tumblr_o7jeo42lTc1u1zib8o1_400.gif

The Phanthom Nico

The Phanthom Nico

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationChile

It does need more than 3 maps, but I think that will come with DLC. Unless they change their minds and launch with more maps.

Those overview maps they used in those old videos looked like potentially Crystal Lake from the original film. Lots of woods, cabins spread way out, etc. The RNG cabins and pathways and whatnot will help replay value immensely.

I also think on top of being able to get on the second floor of the barn, it might make sense to be able to access the basement of Higgins Haven. Not a necessity, but an option.

I do not understand why you say maps for dlc. How would that work? If I buy the map, but my friends can not play with me in a private match? Or only those who buy the map? And in a quick match?

Maps should be free (although cast along with some dlc like clothing, a new Jason / assassin, new advisers or things like that)

tyrant666

tyrant666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

I'm going under the assumption that this game will have free DLC, not paid DLC.

I mean...one way or another. All the maps from every film aren't going to be there on launch. I'd settle for free DLC.

• The Phanthom Nico likes this

tumblr_o7jeo42lTc1u1zib8o1_400.gif

The Phanthom Nico

The Phanthom Nico

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationChile

I'm going under the assumption that this game will have free DLC, not paid DLC.

I mean...one way or another. All the maps from every film aren't going to be there on launch. I'd settle for free DLC.

Haha I assumed you were referring to paid dlcs :( I'm not against paid dlc, but in the case of maps, if you have to pay for them, it will bring a lot of problems / division in the community. Also, I understand that at the launch there will not be many and that over time we will have more, but I wanted to emphasize paying for maps, which is what I thought they were referring to. Misunderstanding of mine, I usually associate DLC with paying for extra content.

The80s

The80s

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Who in their right mind would vote "No" on this?

• JasonVoorhees13 and Santi_Lee like this

Forum Signature violation

Camp Counselor Will

Camp Counselor Will

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

Only 3 maps is not that much, but I dare say there will be DLC with more maps and other extras.

hUZ3iqw.jpg

Davidt

Davidt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,750 posts

The spaceship from jason x was a map on the stretch goals i really hope they can get enough money to make that happen when they do plan to add some DLC

PSN - david_tortorici
Steam - charlesleeray2
Posted Image

JasonVoorhees13

JasonVoorhees13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Locationpanama city beach, florida

i would like to see for total amount of maps  part 2, part 3, part 4, part 6, part 7, I would also like to see something offered for part 8 and 9 since their in the game. trying to figure out how to make a map for 9 would be hard since it was all over the place maybe add the voorhees house close to the lake with begging cabin and a few other things. Like someone said before cruse ship would be cool for part 8 since 80% of the movie took place on it then again the begging scene was cool and easy to build. they might be able to use the begging scene camp and on the other side of the map ad the voorhees house and the begging scene of part 9 all on one map. but since they have a new jason kinda make a new map with their own camp/style of what toms jason would have hunted. but hell if they could make another 3 or 4 maps i would be happy just as long as it will be f13 related.

• Darrin Howard likes this

Signature too large, please check rules for correct sizing. 

-management. 

CrazyRalph

CrazyRalph

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts
I think this Pinehurst map from part 5 would be a nice change and addition to play, even if the film lacked a true jason..

http://forum.f13game...s/?fromsearch=1

Clueless

Clueless

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
I imagine the game will do what DbD does.
*Maps are added to the game for free alongside their respective DLCs.

I.E. A Part 7/8 DLCs will release Sheperd's Home/The Yacht so everyone can play on it but we will have to buy the DLC Bundle to obtain the new Jasons/Heroes/Counselors/Clothing/Perks/Etc that comes with the DLC.
  • JasonVoorhees13 likes this

GunMedia_Ben

GunMedia_Ben

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 746 posts
  • LocationLexington, KY

We definitely plan to support the game with more content, maps included. We have a lot on our minds on what we want to get done. 

• BlackWidowofLaPorte, Davidt, TWarner and 5 others like this

Gun Media Junior Producer and Community Manager

r80PnFy.gif

My Personal Instagram

BloodOnTheRocks

BloodOnTheRocks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

We definitely plan to support the game with more content, maps included. We have a lot on our minds on what we want to get done. 

Ben, I hope you guys dont take all the clamor to be negative.

We're all just excited about our new toy and want to have fun with it.

ResolutionBlaze

ResolutionBlaze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts
  • LocationMinnesota
I disagree.

It won't be the biggest fall. The maps are big enough that it takes a few weeks to explore it all and a couple months to get sick of just one map.

I swear I'm not half as angry as I seem to be.

Please give me one star to help cure the new form of cancer called ResolutionBlaze

Check out Unlucky 7, rebooted after three long years of silence!  http://store.steampo...com/app/579120/

IronKnight55

IronKnight55

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
  • LocationScotland

I disagree.

It won't be the biggest fall. The maps are big enough that it takes a few weeks to explore it all and a couple months to get sick of just one map.

Agreed! Three Maps are good enough for now.

caleb davis

caleb davis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Making an entire map take place on the boat would be freaking AWESOME! That would be a definite DLC buy from me. Absolutely 100%. Depending on how they lit it and how claustrophobic it was, it'd be by far the creepiest map of the whole game. 

i could see one of the kills being Jason throwing you overboard

The Preppy Guy

The Preppy Guy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • LocationOregon

2 Words; Randomly Generated. At the start of every match the game will randomly generate stuff like: How many cabins are in one area, how many doors and windows those cabins have, where the cars are, where the boat is, where the phone and CB radio are. Since this is the case i'm perfectly fine with 3 maps, however more would be NICE i do not NEED them in order to keep intrest, as long as some point they add a 4th map i'm fine, 3 maps is fine.

PSN: RedPanda2202
Email: RedPanda2202@gmail.com

Splatterhouse

Splatterhouse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Who in their right mind would vote "No" on this?

Tired, overworked and emotional games designers who need a long overdue break! haha j/k

In regards to a Lazarus boat map - I wholeheartedly agree. It would be awesome. Wes seemed to infer on Twitter that although they would love to do this, it would be difficult due to the vastly different environment of the ship in contrast to the Camp setting. A lot will depend on how well the game does.

I imagine a Manhattan level would be a lot easier to implement. A series of alleyways, a dock, and some buildings. The environmental kills could be lifted from the existing game... i.e. the mechanics of counselors bolting doors and exiting windows can be transferred from a cabin to an abandoned NY dwelling. Counselors can find pick ups in stores that have been closed for the night. The lake swimming mechanics can be transferred into an area of the Atlantic ocean/Hudson River on the map instead of Lake Crystal. The gun mechanics are already in...it's NYC in the 80's - a gun could be lying around anywhere. :) Then as far as kills go - Jason can put someone's head into a street bonfire instead of a fireplace etc etc. The survivors could repair a Police car and escape in that, instead of a car at camp (maybe Jason kills a police officer who arrives on scene to help the counselors/"survivors" in the beginning cut scene). It's the same game, the same mechanics - you're just in a Manhattan map instead of camp.

Obviously new things could be added, tweaked, changed etc etc - but you know what I mean? Just brainstorming! :)

Not to say I wouldn't want to see a Lazarus boat map, it truly would be awesome. But the more I've thought about it - I totally get why Wes say it would be difficult. It took the characters in Part VIII long enough (more than 18 mins) to get into Time Square, meeting only one Police Officer and two street punks in that time, there was nobody else around - so I'm not at all worried about the "Manhattan" map not having any NPCs etc.

• JasonVoorhees13 and The Phanthom Nico like this

f13sig_SPLATTER.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users