Photo

Maps

• Please log in to reply
157 replies to this topic

Poll: Not enough Maps (73 member(s) have cast votes)

Need more then 3 maps

1. yes (58 votes [79.45%])

Percentage of vote: 79.45%

2. no (15 votes [20.55%])

Percentage of vote: 20.55%

Vote Guests cannot vote

JasonVoorhees13

JasonVoorhees13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Locationpanama city beach, florida

I feel this is going to be the biggest down fall to the game other then missing the gore and bones. But i think a game released with only 3-4 maps is asking to fail. Unless i knew their was going to be at least 6-7 maps at the end its hard to convince friends and family to buy it. they all say with only 3 maps it is going to get old fast. if they could at least let us know if their going to be releasing a 4 map pack or somthing like that it would make it a higher selling game.  kinda how every game now offers a season pass and we know about what we are getting in the end.

Signature too large, please check rules for correct sizing. 

-management. 

FreakyFrank1

FreakyFrank1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • LocationCanada,Quebec

I would be fine with 3-4 maps at release,the devs will eventually release more maps eventually if the game as enough success,so i'll be patient.

• Brando, SHODANFreeman, DamonD7 and 3 others like this

'Good,Bad,im the guy with the gun'.

CrazyRalph

CrazyRalph

Doomsayer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,890 posts
  • LocationUmm...dead since part 2?
To be fair, we dont know if more gore will be added to the final game yet. I agree as it is in the beta, its weak. But the devs have stated they plan to support the game AFTER release. Another factor is money/budget to develop these maps. Being fans of the series, they know quite a few maps that COULD be included. But time and money is always an issue. Im sure down the line they plan to stick as many things into the game as possible. But at launch, they have many things to iron out to hit their target release date using limited funds. Just be glad you didnt get 1 half ass map to play on. Lol. Now what a mod come in here and regurgitate everything i just said in a more "professional" way lol.
  • Darrin Howard likes this

f13sig_MC.png

The Phanthom Nico

The Phanthom Nico

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • LocationChile

3 or 4 maps is OK to start. At the end of it all maps will be free (I don't see how a map would be DLC, considering that all players in a match will have to buy the dlc? The maps will arrive and will be for all. So it is easy to add as dlc, but the maps is not something that is attributed to a player, but to all. So with the maps people should have no problems.There are 10 advisors and 6 jasons, 3 maps (which randomize The position of the items, the spawns, even the windows of the cabins and the "house" of Jason)
I understand your concern, especially considering that the 3 maps have a similar context (camps, forest, lake) but I trust that they will have different iconic locations, a different distribution of the environment (if I am wrong, crystal lake will be as shown in The first videos, looks very different) and Packanack will surely have many more slopes and unevenness, considering how enormously long the staircase where Mark fell in part 2. Maybe if they add a map that is not so Similar to the others would suffice, as Pinehurst Youth Development Center, from part 5. :)

Sorry my english 

bewareofbears

bewareofbears

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
I would like more maps down the road but I want to say if we only get three maps- the ones from 1, 2 and 3, I will still be incredibly happy. Never thought I'd see the day when I could stalk Higgins Haven. Whenever I play a Star Wars game, I never get tired of Hoth. I could live there.

Sometimes, when you feel like the game doesn't have enough of this or that- sit down and play some NES Friday the 13th. ;) I'm not saying anyone's ungrateful- I'm just saying I'm stoked to go to Camp Crystal Lake finally. :)
  • Honkytonkgamer, Darrin Howard, ItzToxiedaToxicAvenger and 4 others like this
f13sig_BEWARE.png

IronKnight55

IronKnight55

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • LocationScotland

I'm fine with only 3 maps at launch. I can't wait to see the Packanack Lodge map (Part 2 was my favorite F13 movie)! 

BloodOnTheRocks

BloodOnTheRocks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

I'm not worried about it. I had plenty of fun in the beta with just one map. Adding two more will be huge. Would I like to see more down the road? Absolutely. But I'm not bent out of shape about it. What they have already is so much fun it takes a lot for it to get repetitive. Plus, everything is randomized. Presumably moreso in the other 2 maps.

I think we're worrying for nothing. OP, did you play the beta?

• DynamicBass, The Phanthom Nico and Austin.JM like this

JasonVoorhees13

JasonVoorhees13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Locationpanama city beach, florida

yes i did but after 9 hours it felt like the same thing over and over. We are going to have 8 jasons and need more then just 3 maps. they have almost $1,000,000 extra since they announced single player add on. we are going to have to wait until spring or summer just to play the game. I know they said early 2017. in the first game play video around dec 17-19 dont remember exact date of the video. but one of the devs did say it would be released in a couple of months towards the end of the video. That means 2 months from dec17-19 but i bet that we dont get it by then.  but since we have to wait and they got the money they might as well give us 3 or 4 more maps.

Signature too large, please check rules for correct sizing. 

-management. 

Davidt

Davidt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Totally agree 3 maps is a little small. With beta each session i played didnt take me long to get bored as we were stuck playing the same map over and over.

• JasonVoorhees13 likes this
PSN - david_tortorici
Steam - charlesleeray2
Posted Image

DEATH

DEATH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • LocationEverywhere.
With the amount of randomization that the other 2 maps are supposed to have I really don't see 3 maps as an issue. I'm pretty sure I read a comment from the devs that said Higgins Haven has the least amount of randomization, so again 3 maps isn't an issue. But as others have said they do plan to release more down the line based on the success of the game.
  • Austin.JM and Hal Bailman like this

Jimmy

Jimmy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

I am happy if they just add the camp sites from 1,2, and 4 movies. 3 is done but I'm sure they refine it and will add more things to the maps over time like row boats.

Culp

Culp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
We will maybe get a mini map (quicker death match) of The Lazarus and also one of Manhattan. Maybe Jason X ship as well - depends on how well the game does.

VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow

VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Maybe they should randomize the positions of the whole cabins, if it's not like that already. I think the cabins stay where they are, if I recall correctly. If that is so then making the cabins spawn closer or further away in their "areas" or swap them around each other would help in addition with the randomized interiors to make each match feel fresh.

Steam User Name: Kakushi Senshi

giphy.gif

DEATH

DEATH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • LocationEverywhere.

Maybe they should randomize the positions of the whole cabins, if it's not like that already. I think the cabins stay where they are, if I recall correctly. If that is so then making the cabins spawn closer or further away in their "areas" or swap them around each other would help in addition with the randomized interiors to make each match feel fresh.

They have said that cabins will not always be in the same place, have the same layout, spawn the same number or even be there at all.

VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow

VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts

They have said that cabins will not always be in the same place, have the same layout, spawn the same number or even be there at all.

In the Beta it seemed to me that there were always the same number of cabins but their interiors were different. Maybe I'm remembering wrong.

Steam User Name: Kakushi Senshi

giphy.gif

The80s

The80s

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

I agree completely. I'm hoping that someday they're able to include every map from every film (they have the rights to) as well as every Jason from every film (they have the rights to). 

Three maps will get old fast. Just look at CoD. They usually have like 11 maps and after a while it gets boring even with 11. So 3 is going to get boring insanely quick.

Forum Signature violation

DEATH

DEATH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • LocationEverywhere.

In the Beta it seemed to me that there were always the same number of cabins but their interiors were different. Maybe I'm remembering wrong.

There usually was, but they said Higgins Haven uses less procedural generation than the other maps will.

The80s

The80s

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

I want a Part V map the most. I feel it would be the most unique because it looked like it was filmed primarily in an orange grove, with some forest as well. I want all that as a map.

Friday+the+13th+5-6.JPG

Screenshot%2B%2528124%2529.png

Screenshot%2B%2528123%2529.png

Friday+13th+5+Aerial+2.JPG

• Body Boy, ItzToxiedaToxicAvenger and Poetic_Injustice like this

Clueless

Clueless

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
Some maps that will probably be released post launch are likely.

*Sheperd's Home(Part 7/The New Blood DLC)
*The Yacht(Part 8/Jason Takes Manhattan DLC)

The80s

The80s

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Some maps that will probably be released post launch are likely.

*Sheperd's Home(Part 7/The New Blood DLC)
*The Yacht(Part 8/Jason Takes Manhattan DLC)

Making an entire map take place on the boat would be freaking AWESOME! That would be a definite DLC buy from me. Absolutely 100%. Depending on how they lit it and how claustrophobic it was, it'd be by far the creepiest map of the whole game. 

• ItzToxiedaToxicAvenger and SamJarris like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users