Not enough Maps   82 members have voted

1. 1. Need more then 3 maps

• yes
    • no

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

177 posts in this topic

I feel this is going to be the biggest down fall to the game other then missing the gore and bones. But i think a game released with only 3-4 maps is asking to fail. Unless i knew their was going to be at least 6-7 maps at the end its hard to convince friends and family to buy it. they all say with only 3 maps it is going to get old fast. if they could at least let us know if their going to be releasing a 4 map pack or somthing like that it would make it a higher selling game.  kinda how every game now offers a season pass and we know about what we are getting in the end.

To be fair, we dont know if more gore will be added to the final game yet. I agree as it is in the beta, its weak. But the devs have stated they plan to support the game AFTER release. Another factor is money/budget to develop these maps. Being fans of the series, they know quite a few maps that COULD be included. But time and money is always an issue. Im sure down the line they plan to stick as many things into the game as possible. But at launch, they have many things to iron out to hit their target release date using limited funds. Just be glad you didnt get 1 half ass map to play on. Lol. Now what a mod come in here and regurgitate everything i just said in a more "professional" way lol.

Darrin Howard likes this

3 or 4 maps is OK to start. At the end of it all maps will be free (I don't see how a map would be DLC, considering that all players in a match will have to buy the dlc? The maps will arrive and will be for all. So it is easy to add as dlc, but the maps is not something that is attributed to a player, but to all. So with the maps people should have no problems.There are 10 advisors and 6 jasons, 3 maps (which randomize The position of the items, the spawns, even the windows of the cabins and the "house" of Jason)
I understand your concern, especially considering that the 3 maps have a similar context (camps, forest, lake) but I trust that they will have different iconic locations, a different distribution of the environment (if I am wrong, crystal lake will be as shown in The first videos, looks very different) and Packanack will surely have many more slopes and unevenness, considering how enormously long the staircase where Mark fell in part 2. Maybe if they add a map that is not so Similar to the others would suffice, as Pinehurst Youth Development Center, from part 5. :)

Sorry my english 

I would like more maps down the road but I want to say if we only get three maps- the ones from 1, 2 and 3, I will still be incredibly happy. Never thought I'd see the day when I could stalk Higgins Haven. Whenever I play a Star Wars game, I never get tired of Hoth. I could live there.

Sometimes, when you feel like the game doesn't have enough of this or that- sit down and play some NES Friday the 13th. ;) I'm not saying anyone's ungrateful- I'm just saying I'm stoked to go to Camp Crystal Lake finally. :)

I'm not worried about it. I had plenty of fun in the beta with just one map. Adding two more will be huge. Would I like to see more down the road? Absolutely. But I'm not bent out of shape about it. What they have already is so much fun it takes a lot for it to get repetitive. Plus, everything is randomized. Presumably moreso in the other 2 maps.

I think we're worrying for nothing. OP, did you play the beta?

yes i did but after 9 hours it felt like the same thing over and over. We are going to have 8 jasons and need more then just 3 maps. they have almost $1,000,000 extra since they announced single player add on. we are going to have to wait until spring or summer just to play the game. I know they said early 2017. in the first game play video around dec 17-19 dont remember exact date of the video. but one of the devs did say it would be released in a couple of months towards the end of the video. That means 2 months from dec17-19 but i bet that we dont get it by then.  but since we have to wait and they got the money they might as well give us 3 or 4 more maps.

With the amount of randomization that the other 2 maps are supposed to have I really don't see 3 maps as an issue. I'm pretty sure I read a comment from the devs that said Higgins Haven has the least amount of randomization, so again 3 maps isn't an issue. But as others have said they do plan to release more down the line based on the success of the game.

Austin.JM and Hal Bailman like this

I am happy if they just add the camp sites from 1,2, and 4 movies. 3 is done but I'm sure they refine it and will add more things to the maps over time like row boats.

We will maybe get a mini map (quicker death match) of The Lazarus and also one of Manhattan. Maybe Jason X ship as well - depends on how well the game does.

Maybe they should randomize the positions of the whole cabins, if it's not like that already. I think the cabins stay where they are, if I recall correctly. If that is so then making the cabins spawn closer or further away in their "areas" or swap them around each other would help in addition with the randomized interiors to make each match feel fresh.

Maybe they should randomize the positions of the whole cabins, if it's not like that already. I think the cabins stay where they are, if I recall correctly. If that is so then making the cabins spawn closer or further away in their "areas" or swap them around each other would help in addition with the randomized interiors to make each match feel fresh.

They have said that cabins will not always be in the same place, have the same layout, spawn the same number or even be there at all.

They have said that cabins will not always be in the same place, have the same layout, spawn the same number or even be there at all.

In the Beta it seemed to me that there were always the same number of cabins but their interiors were different. Maybe I'm remembering wrong.

I agree completely. I'm hoping that someday they're able to include every map from every film (they have the rights to) as well as every Jason from every film (they have the rights to). 

Three maps will get old fast. Just look at CoD. They usually have like 11 maps and after a while it gets boring even with 11. So 3 is going to get boring insanely quick.

In the Beta it seemed to me that there were always the same number of cabins but their interiors were different. Maybe I'm remembering wrong.

There usually was, but they said Higgins Haven uses less procedural generation than the other maps will.

Some maps that will probably be released post launch are likely.

*Sheperd's Home(Part 7/The New Blood DLC)

*The Yacht(Part 8/Jason Takes Manhattan DLC)

Making an entire map take place on the boat would be freaking AWESOME! That would be a definite DLC buy from me. Absolutely 100%. Depending on how they lit it and how claustrophobic it was, it'd be by far the creepiest map of the whole game. 

Nope, maps must not be dlc. Maps for everyone.

Santi_Lee likes this

what about having different counselor skins with the new locations. Like say if there is a map of the Shepards area the skins and names would change from counselors to party goers. I know this would take a lot of time and money to probably do, but I think it would be a neat idea down the road. If I remember correctly it was after part 2 that they had a mashup of counselors and regular people that Jason stalked. Then 4,7&8 didn't have counselors. Just a thought.

what about having different counselor skins with the new locations. Like say if there is a map of the Shepards area the skins and names would change from counselors to party goers. I know this would take a lot of time and money to probably do, but I think it would be a neat idea down the road. If I remember correctly it was after part 2 that they had a mashup of counselors and regular people that Jason stalked. Then 4,7&8 didn't have counselors. Just a thought.

I think with the custom clothing it wouldn't make much of a difference because all players would have customized their counselor. I like the idea though of clothing items related to the new map becoming options or something like that.

Gdain likes this

It does need more than 3 maps, but I think that will come with DLC. Unless they change their minds and launch with more maps.

Those overview maps they used in those old videos looked like potentially Crystal Lake from the original film. Lots of woods, cabins spread way out, etc. The RNG cabins and pathways and whatnot will help replay value immensely.

I also think on top of being able to get on the second floor of the barn, it might make sense to be able to access the basement of Higgins Haven. Not a necessity, but an option.

It does need more than 3 maps, but I think that will come with DLC. Unless they change their minds and launch with more maps.

Those overview maps they used in those old videos looked like potentially Crystal Lake from the original film. Lots of woods, cabins spread way out, etc. The RNG cabins and pathways and whatnot will help replay value immensely.

I also think on top of being able to get on the second floor of the barn, it might make sense to be able to access the basement of Higgins Haven. Not a necessity, but an option.

I do not understand why you say maps for dlc. How would that work? If I buy the map, but my friends can not play with me in a private match? Or only those who buy the map? And in a quick match?

Maps should be free (although cast along with some dlc like clothing, a new Jason / assassin, new advisers or things like that)