Not enough Maps   82 members have voted

1. 1. Need more then 3 maps

• yes
    • no

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

177 posts in this topic

To echo what some people have said, I really don't mind paying for DLC - as you know you'll be playing with people who take the game and series seriously.  I imagine they could do a season pass with a big license like this - and they're often affordable for people who want all the content. I'm currently a mature student so I'm certainly not flushed with cash, but I'll certainly budget for something like this. The game is already fairly priced. Considering you can spend over 100 on a game and DLC these days...I take that into account too. I'm getting value for money. 

dmack621 likes this

Best way to do that ... monthly subscriptions.

Everyone gets maps, game makes a profit, game continues.

No profit = no more game.

No one in their right mind would go into the red to maintain a game not making any money.

Everyone gets maps, game makes a profit, game continues.

No profit = no more game.

No one in their right mind would go into the red to maintain a game not making any money.

I don't think an indie game will make people pay a monthly sub to play

i don't think monthly subscriptions is the way to go 

plus won't they get some revenue from consoles ps+ and xbox live subscriptions or something?

i don't think monthly subscriptions is the way to go

plus won't they get some revenue from consoles ps+ and xbox live subscriptions or something?

Not sure how that works but there's still the sales from people that wait for a game to launch before buying

Best way if you want scare possible new players. People will select Dead By Daylight (free maps and no-monthly subscription) before Friday The 13th if they make this. REMEMBER! This game have competition.

Best way if you want scare possible new players. People will select Dead By Daylight (free maps and no-monthly subscription) before Friday The 13th if they make this. REMEMBER! This game have competition.

thank you for reminding me about this that is another thing we have to account for the devs have to do stuff in a way similar or better to dbd or it could die even faster to dbd they have to do stuff similar or cheaper or easier etc than dbd

so no subscriptions or dlc maps

I think the best bet on getting added maps later at no charge is going to be via monthly subscriptions for online play.

This way everyone would have the maps, and the revenue to keep the game active and growing will be there.

I don't mind paying monthly subscription. People do it for WoW, Final Fantasy, D.C. Online etc. In fact monthly subscriptions are probably the best way to go.

Emm Dc universe online is a terrible example. They have to be Free to Play because this business model fails. And this game is not WoW or Final Fantasy, sorry, but Friday The 13th is a little small and indie game. The content doesnt justify a monthly

Friday the 13 is comparatively so much better than dbd not only can you do a whole range of things not even an option I'm dbd but it's better graphics, better gameplay and has a huge following due to being a franchise that's wildly popular as well as Jason being a social icon and Friday the 13 will be on consoles where as dbd is pc only so pretty much the only people who would choose dbd over this game are pc players who hate quality games

Friday the 13 is comparatively so much better than dbd not only can you do a whole range of things not even an option I'm dbd but it's better graphics, better gameplay and has a huge following due to being a franchise that's wildly popular as well as Jason being a social icon and Friday the 13 will be on consoles where as dbd is pc only so pretty much the only people who would choose dbd over this game are pc players who hate quality games

that doesnt mean that the game wouldnt do better than f13 sales wise if it was subscription based i know i couldnt pay for it every month im only 17 with no job so i know i sure as hell couldnt pay for it EVERY month which i might not do every month i can due to me only being able to game on weekends and of course not everyone likes or pays for subscriptions so i don't think the game would last as long if it went subscription compared to dead by daylight which is technically almost a year old already so it technically is already succesfull meaning if this game was subscription based it probably would do worse and might lose out to dbd

that doesnt mean that the game wouldnt do better than f13 sales wise if it was subscription based i know i couldnt pay for it every month im only 17 with no job so i know i sure as hell couldnt pay for it EVERY month which i might not do every month i can due to me only being able to game on weekends and of course not everyone likes or pays for subscriptions so i don't think the game would last as long if it went subscription compared to dead by daylight which is technically almost a year old already so it technically is already succesfull meaning if this game was subscription based it probably would do worse and might lose out to dbd

You're expecting everyone to take your assumptions seriously when your assumptions are derived from an ulterior motive.

You admit it in that post. 17 with no job so you're saying "the game will fail if we have to pay for it!" with the hope in mind that somehow this nonsense will fool/scare the devs into giving you everything for free.

It's not gonna work. You have to PAY for products and services. 

The only reason you claim the game won't do well if you have to pay for a subscription is because of your own financial situation. There is no evidence to support your claims and again, they are being made of selfish nature.

You're 17 ... you can get a PT job. I've been working since I was 15 ... if you want something badly enough, you work for it, you don't expect a handout.

You're expecting everyone to take your assumptions seriously when your assumptions are derived from an ulterior motive.

You admit it in that post. 17 with no job so you're saying "the game will fail if we have to pay for it!" with the hope in mind that somehow this nonsense will fool/scare the devs into giving you everything for free.

It's not gonna work. You have to PAY for products and services. 

The only reason you claim the game won't do well if you have to pay for a subscription is because of your own financial situation. There is no evidence to support your claims and again, they are being made of selfish nature.

You're 17 ... you can get a PT job. I've been working since I was 15 ... if you want something badly enough, you work for it, you don't expect a handout.

not only did i say i would pay for all the dlc trumping your arguement im only saying this to get free stuff but i can also trump it by telling you about the fact that i have a rich family member who buys me everything how do you think ive afforded 60+ steam games overwatch and $200 worth of tf2 items without any way to buy shit

my arguement is based off of past games showing undeniably evidence that has even been mentioned by game journalists like jim sterling before that maps divide communities and cause a drop in playerbase in which this is an indie game with a already decently small playerbase

IMA SAY THIS TO YOU SPECIFICALLY ONE LAST TIME DIVISION OF PLAYERBASE THROUGH DLC MAPS WILL KILL THE GAME

and people (newbies who havent heard of or played the game) will not get it over dead by daylight if one is pay monthly and the other is $15 for a game where you can get almost everything for free through additions and such that one is an obvious fact it's like comparing renting a movie over purchasing it subscription gaming isn't a very good model for business anymore and a lot of gamers don't do it as shown from the fact that world of warcraft subscriptions have been slowly but surely on the decline since release reaching all time lows recently

I am saying they cannot do this shit for the sake of the game not for my own selfish cheap attitudes if i was cheap i wouldnt own a $250 tf2 hat that does nothing other than making me look good stroking my ego on servers full of newbs even if i coudlnt pay for this i want it to succeed because it has my favorite horror brand on it (also i already preordered the tom savini skin the game and counselor clothing pack and THEN donated 10 bucks so there is no reason to be saying it's because i'm cheap and selfish considering there are probably fans who have put LESS money into it than me only buying the game or the game and jason skin) i would support this game till it dies and the reason i say you cant do these things is because it would hurt the game in a major way and i dont want it to die 

So... If i support The game buying it, buying The skin, The strel case, The clothes dlc and The art book, I also must pay a monthly subscription to play it? Are you talking serious? They made The game with our money, its suppossed to be a complete game. Not a "pay for play every month" because its not. And not, this business model is abusive

So... If i support The game buying it, buying The skin, The strel case, The clothes dlc and The art book, I also must pay a monthly subscription to play it? Are you talking serious? They made The game with our money, its suppossed to be a complete game. Not a "pay for play every month" because its not. And not, this business model is abusive

Cool, go buy world of warcraft and see how far you get without paying to play. That's a complete game, still gotta pay to keep the servers running.

Go buy Final Fantasy Online, pop it in and see what happens. That's a complete game too, but damn those servers gotta get funded somehow.

Oh wait ... I keep forgetting certain people here think magic is gonna keep em' running. lol

Cool, go buy world of warcraft and see how far you get without paying to play. That's a complete game, still gotta pay to keep the servers running.

Go buy Final Fantasy Online, pop it in and see what happens. That's a complete game too, but damn those servers gotta get funded somehow.

Oh wait ... I keep forgetting certain people here think magic is gonna keep em' running. lol

it's not magic they could keep the backerkit up and fund maps/severs through backerkit and other dlc like jasons survivor clothes and maybe new kill packs i don't see why they couldn't fund maps every 4-6 months not including new sales

I've only skimmed this debate but I agree- no monthly subscription. That's a bizarre suggestion.

Maps being paid will split the player base. That's a given. They'll have to gauge after release.

finally someone who has actually heard of these issues and knows about them some people here think there arent any other alternatives to these 2

it's not magic they could keep the backerkit up and fund maps/severs through backerkit and other dlc like jasons survivor clothes and maybe new kill packs i don't see why they couldn't fund maps every 4-6 months not including new sales

I understand you're only 17 ... so let's explain how math works. Making new Jason's ... what maybe 4-5 more? That's not funding making THOSE Jason's, plus maps PLUS keeping the servers up. 

Backerkit is pointless after release and pretty much whoever was going to fund it, already has. 

If and when you ever run a business, perhaps you'll understand how it works. If every business gave away everything for free because people didn't want to pay for it, it wouldn't be called business, it'd be called charity.

I don't want to pay my mortgage every month, I don't want to pay a cable bill for a shit ton of channels I never watch just to get the few that I do watch. But that's life, you want a service or a product ... you pay for it.

Your model is convenient for you, but unrealistic in practice.

I understand you're only 17 ... so let's explain how math works. Making new Jason's ... what maybe 4-5 more? That's not funding making THOSE Jason's, plus maps PLUS keeping the servers up. 

Backerkit is pointless after release and pretty much whoever was going to fund it, already has. 

If and when you ever run a business, perhaps you'll understand how it works. If every business gave away everything for free because people didn't want to pay for it, it wouldn't be called business, it'd be called charity.

I don't want to pay my mortgage every month, I don't want to pay a cable bill for a shit ton of channels I never watch just to get the few that I do watch. But that's life, you want a service or a product ... you pay for it.

Congrats on being condescending and adding nothing of value to the debate. ;)

I've only skimmed this debate but I agree- no monthly subscription. That's a bizarre suggestion.

Maps being paid will split the player base. That's a given. They'll have to gauge after release.

Cool, we'll all just get free DLC for the 6 months the game stays live without any money to keep it going and then you can forget about splitting a playerbase because the only way you'll be playing is on single player. Great idea.  :rolleyes:

Congrats on being condescending and adding nothing of value to the debate. ;)

Congratulations on being ignorant and self entitled. Just because you don't like what I have said doesn't make it invaluable. 

I'm sorry that unlike you, I don't expect handouts.

But hey, post your winky faces ... that adds so much to the conversation.

Maps should be released alongside new DLC, like if they release Jason X, include a map for him that's free to all players, but you have to pay to play as Jason X.  If they release part 4 Jason, they can put out a part 4 map for free.

The Phanthom Nico likes this

let me counter your points suvivor clothing packs excist and they might add kill packs an item that unlike jasons can be added infinitley as tom savini created countless pages of kill animation ideas already and of course these being let's say $8 each i dont see why they cant afford maps considering MOST fans of the game so far like me are willing to throw money at the screen for any in game dlc and the fact that they probably still have $500,000 at LEAST of budget left considering they gained that much through backerkit since they first said they only need console cert meaning they probably aren't spending as much of that budget anymore as they aren't actually MAKING the game anymore ,meaning they not only still have a decent ammount of budget left for making map dlc but add on the upcoming backerkit money from REALLY hardcore dedicated fans who will donate till the end of the games life and then the money from dlcs

so i say this game can sustain itself pretty well i dont remember if i mentioned new people buying the game in there but if not that should ALSO help

I would also like to point out you're the only one here insulting others and acting childish by doing that so if you don't calm down i shall report you to jpops or ben or someone and get you banned do you think a dev team as nice as them will allow your behavior