Not enough Maps   82 members have voted

1. 1. Need more then 3 maps

• yes
    • no

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

176 posts in this topic

I'm also fine with 3 maps at the start.

I played the beta for days, and never got bored of higgins haven.

I would love to see a map from part 4 " the Jarvis family home" make it in some dlc.

I do hope the other maps Crytal lake, and pakanack lodge have other objectives. Like a boat escape, or only 1 car get away, just to give a bit more variety.

I'm also fine with 3 maps at the start.

I played the beta for days, and never got bored of higgins haven.

I would love to see a map from part 4 " the Jarvis family home" make it in some dlc.

I do hope the other maps Crytal lake, and pakanack lodge have other objectives. Like a boat escape, or only 1 car get away, just to give a bit more variety.

There will be a boat escape im not sure which map but it was confirmed, just wasnt in the beta.

There will be a boat escape im not sure which map but it was confirmed, just wasnt in the beta.

Remember them saying about the boat escape very early on, looking forward to seeing it and seeing how it works.

I remember the X-III kill compilation video has the first kill being the Bookish Girl in a boat. That suggest to me the kind of thing, like rowing away on a little two-man canoe.

I mean, I didn't expect the boat to be the SS Lazarus or anything but, y'know, that's my expectation here.

Would also be an area where J7 could be very dangerous, with his superior swimming speed.

If gameplay and game mechanics works fine, i don't care if there's 3 or 2 maps.

Me neither, and there will most definitely be more added in later. Going by how the funding is going, its only a few hundred thousand away from the 'Abandoned Camp' map, considering they added in the single player/offline mode before they reached that goal, hopefully this one will get done too, but most probably until a few months after the game is out.

Quality over quantity to me.

From what I've seen, the map in the beta is so realistic and has the spot on F13 mood. I would rather have 3 original, carefully created maps over 6 bland ones.

That said, I hope they add more maps in the future. 

From what I've seen, the map in the beta is so realistic and has the spot on F13 mood. I would rather have 3 original, carefully created maps over 6 bland ones.

These are exactly my thoughts as well.  

I'm positive more will come. They have said if the game is successful they plan to support the game into the future and I think this game will definitely be successful, if the beta is any indication.

I agree. The map from the beta captured the F13 feel perfectly. I couldn't stop exploring and looking around and listening to all the little sounds, even though Jason could be right around the corner. Quality over quantity.

I Think Extra maps should be available for purchase.doing extra maps for free is nonsense.were going to have to raise the funds just like we did in the Kickstarter and Backer kit.to have a Manhattan map dlc would be almost like another game all togeather.in fact as we are funding more DLC ADD ON MAPS CONTENT.I Wouldnt be suprised if They just ask us to go ahead and fund a whole new game. I Want The Abandoned part of crystal lake called camp blood with creepy run down cabins,basments with sparking electric boxes with tube fuses.The Grocery store from part 3.Id Like To See Jason In The Hospital like the one in the begining of part 4.I Want to see the Small psychiatric care farm thats in part 5.Id Like To see Camp Forest Green from part 6,Manhattan Map. but like i said after the game releases we should just start croud funding The second full game with all the maps mentioned above. that way we could have a year and some time to fund a huge F13TH GAME With all the extras we want to see.

I Think we need to focus on Funding a whole New game after this one releases early 2017.instead of funding dlc maps we just need to fund the heck out of a whole new game project.fund it through the backer campaign for a whole year and a half for a huge game with story mode,carsmanhattan all the extra camp grounds,the town,diner,grocery store,bar etc

I Think Extra maps should be available for purchase.doing extra maps for free is nonsense.were going to have to raise the funds just like we did in the Kickstarter and Backer kit.to have a Manhattan map dlc would be almost like another game all togeather.in fact as we are funding more DLC ADD ON MAPS CONTENT.I Wouldnt be suprised if They just ask us to go ahead and fund a whole new game. I Want The Abandoned part of crystal lake called camp blood with creepy run down cabins,basments with sparking electric boxes with tube fuses.The Grocery store from part 3.Id Like To See Jason In The Hospital like the one in the begining of part 4.I Want to see the Small psychiatric care farm thats in part 5.Id Like To see Camp Forest Green from part 6,Manhattan Map. but like i said after the game releases we should just start croud funding The second full game with all the maps mentioned above. that way we could have a year and some time to fund a huge F13TH GAME With all the extras we want to see.

I'll have to agree with you on the Grocery store and Hospital,i think it would be nice to have a map set in a more village like location,heck there could even be a small police station,a dinner,a drive-in cinema,a bar,a small motel and a fews houses.

About extra maps for free or available by purchase,it might divide the game community in 2 if the additional maps need to be purchased.

Yeah, that's my only possible query. Because, creating new maps is going to take lots of money and given the nature of this small studio, paying for it via DLC would be a massive help. Yet at the same time you are going to split the userbase, to a greater or smaller degree, that way.

It's a difficult situation and I don't think either solution is problem-free.

Though I hadn't considered the idea of another crowd-funding drive as a third option. Not sure how feasible that would be.

Still, gotta see how the game does, first.

Yeah, that's my only possible query. Because, creating new maps is going to take lots of money and given the nature of this small studio, paying for it via DLC would be a massive help. Yet at the same time you are going to split the userbase, to a greater or smaller degree, that way.

It's a difficult situation and I don't think either solution is problem-free.

Though I hadn't considered the idea of another crowd-funding drive as a third option. Not sure how feasible that would be.

Still, gotta see how the game does, first.

All good points.

My hope would be the maps are free, paid for by the DLC they may make but the DLC may have to be more substantial than skins to bring in more cash. I'd pay for maps but like you said, it could split the userbase and that's no fun.

DamonD7 likes this

Right. It's tricky and their hands may be tied as a smaller studio, too.

I keep mulling it over in my head and I don't have a simple answer. I even typed and deleted several attempted replies here before settling on this!

The XP unlock tree is going to be a very important part of this game to keep people playing, as with many multiplayer games. You don't want to screw about with that too much, either.

I know DLC plans aren't something they'll be commenting on for the time being, of course. Future food for thought.

Funding a story mode part2 HUGE GAME Would make more sense.than asking Gunmedia and illfonic to create free extra levels and add ons.after this game releases,why not right awat start funding a HUGE WHOLE ANOTHER GAME WITH A HUGE STORY MODE.WITH THE MANHATTAN MAP AND ALL THE OTHER MAPS MENTIONED.

My question is...why all the yelling though?

sorry about the caps. i try to highlight what im saying.croudfunding a whole new huge game with story mode is a better option.after this game releases,open the backer campaign back up to fund a huge game with story mode and camp blood abandoned camp,hospital manhattan etc.maybe have cars or vehichles you can unlock to venture to diffrent camp grounds. like the camaro in 1986 f13th part 6 movie.trans am etc.

sorry about the caps. i try to highlight what im saying.croudfunding a whole new huge game with story mode is a better option.after this game releases,open the backer campaign back up to fund a huge game with story mode and camp blood abandoned camp,hospital manhattan etc.maybe have cars or vehichles you can unlock to venture to diffrent camp grounds. like the camaro in 1986 f13th part 6 movie.trans am etc.

I disagree. I'd rather they put everything they can into this one and give us something not F13 related next. Why would you start a new game when you have the platform now? I would gladly pay for more maps. I'm also interested to see what their other ideas are too, since I'm sure summer camp was just going to be the first with a name like Slasher Vol. 1. I don't see why after some time they can't do what you want with this game?

I disagree. I'd rather they put everything they can into this one and give us something not F13 related next. Why would you start a new game when you have the platform now. I would gladly pay for more maps. I'm also interested to see what their other ideas are too, since I'm sure summer camp was just going to be the first with a name like Slasher Vol. 1. I don't see why after some time they can't do what you want with this game?

Yes but to do all that stuff with extra maps would be equal to a new game.