Not enough Maps   82 members have voted

1. 1. Need more then 3 maps

• yes
    • no

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

177 posts in this topic

I'm going under the assumption that this game will have free DLC, not paid DLC.

I mean...one way or another. All the maps from every film aren't going to be there on launch. I'd settle for free DLC.

The Phanthom Nico likes this

I'm going under the assumption that this game will have free DLC, not paid DLC.

I mean...one way or another. All the maps from every film aren't going to be there on launch. I'd settle for free DLC.

Haha I assumed you were referring to paid dlcs :( I'm not against paid dlc, but in the case of maps, if you have to pay for them, it will bring a lot of problems / division in the community. Also, I understand that at the launch there will not be many and that over time we will have more, but I wanted to emphasize paying for maps, which is what I thought they were referring to. Misunderstanding of mine, I usually associate DLC with paying for extra content.

The spaceship from jason x was a map on the stretch goals i really hope they can get enough money to make that happen when they do plan to add some DLC

i would like to see for total amount of maps  part 2, part 3, part 4, part 6, part 7, I would also like to see something offered for part 8 and 9 since their in the game. trying to figure out how to make a map for 9 would be hard since it was all over the place maybe add the voorhees house close to the lake with begging cabin and a few other things. Like someone said before cruse ship would be cool for part 8 since 80% of the movie took place on it then again the begging scene was cool and easy to build. they might be able to use the begging scene camp and on the other side of the map ad the voorhees house and the begging scene of part 9 all on one map. but since they have a new jason kinda make a new map with their own camp/style of what toms jason would have hunted. but hell if they could make another 3 or 4 maps i would be happy just as long as it will be f13 related.

Darrin Howard likes this

I imagine the game will do what DbD does.

*Maps are added to the game for free alongside their respective DLCs.

I.E. A Part 7/8 DLCs will release Sheperd's Home/The Yacht so everyone can play on it but we will have to buy the DLC Bundle to obtain the new Jasons/Heroes/Counselors/Clothing/Perks/Etc that comes with the DLC.

JasonVoorhees13 likes this

We definitely plan to support the game with more content, maps included. We have a lot on our minds on what we want to get done. 

Ben, I hope you guys dont take all the clamor to be negative.

We're all just excited about our new toy and want to have fun with it.

I disagree.

It won't be the biggest fall. The maps are big enough that it takes a few weeks to explore it all and a couple months to get sick of just one map.

I disagree.

It won't be the biggest fall. The maps are big enough that it takes a few weeks to explore it all and a couple months to get sick of just one map.

Agreed! Three Maps are good enough for now.

Making an entire map take place on the boat would be freaking AWESOME! That would be a definite DLC buy from me. Absolutely 100%. Depending on how they lit it and how claustrophobic it was, it'd be by far the creepiest map of the whole game. 

i could see one of the kills being Jason throwing you overboard

2 Words; Randomly Generated. At the start of every match the game will randomly generate stuff like: How many cabins are in one area, how many doors and windows those cabins have, where the cars are, where the boat is, where the phone and CB radio are. Since this is the case i'm perfectly fine with 3 maps, however more would be NICE i do not NEED them in order to keep intrest, as long as some point they add a 4th map i'm fine, 3 maps is fine.

Who in their right mind would vote "No" on this?

Tired, overworked and emotional games designers who need a long overdue break! haha j/k

In regards to a Lazarus boat map - I wholeheartedly agree. It would be awesome. Wes seemed to infer on Twitter that although they would love to do this, it would be difficult due to the vastly different environment of the ship in contrast to the Camp setting. A lot will depend on how well the game does.

I imagine a Manhattan level would be a lot easier to implement. A series of alleyways, a dock, and some buildings. The environmental kills could be lifted from the existing game... i.e. the mechanics of counselors bolting doors and exiting windows can be transferred from a cabin to an abandoned NY dwelling. Counselors can find pick ups in stores that have been closed for the night. The lake swimming mechanics can be transferred into an area of the Atlantic ocean/Hudson River on the map instead of Lake Crystal. The gun mechanics are already in...it's NYC in the 80's - a gun could be lying around anywhere. :) Then as far as kills go - Jason can put someone's head into a street bonfire instead of a fireplace etc etc. The survivors could repair a Police car and escape in that, instead of a car at camp (maybe Jason kills a police officer who arrives on scene to help the counselors/"survivors" in the beginning cut scene). It's the same game, the same mechanics - you're just in a Manhattan map instead of camp.

Obviously new things could be added, tweaked, changed etc etc - but you know what I mean? Just brainstorming! :)

Not to say I wouldn't want to see a Lazarus boat map, it truly would be awesome. But the more I've thought about it - I totally get why Wes say it would be difficult. It took the characters in Part VIII long enough (more than 18 mins) to get into Time Square, meeting only one Police Officer and two street punks in that time, there was nobody else around - so I'm not at all worried about the "Manhattan" map not having any NPCs etc.

Who in their right mind would vote "No" on this?

Oh I vote no because I think there are enough maps. Honestly even one map would have been cool by me with the amount of detail that went into, I just couldn<t see myself get tired of Higgins.

That doesn<t mean I<m against more maps though, the more the better, I was just saying that more maps wasn<t a necessity

Oh I vote no because I think there are enough maps. Honestly even one map would have been cool by me with the amount of detail that went into, I just couldn<t see myself get tired of Higgins.

That doesn<t mean I<m against more maps though, the more the better, I was just saying that more maps wasn<t a necessity

Really? I was getting pretty bored of the one map during beta

Really? I was getting pretty bored of the one map during beta

DbD did fine with three maps at launch (technically tilesets but I count them as maps they're tiny).

Davidt likes this

I didn't get bored with the map at all. It wasn't until the end that I even started to get an idea of how it was laid out. Most of my time was spent in a panic lol. I think the size of the map was perfect as well. No matter where I went I never felt safe.

There will be more than three maps as it goes but three is fine to start. I think when the game is finlly released it's going to be a much different game than what was seen in beta- customization, more characters, alternate escapes, etc. So with that, and two more maps than the beta, it should be fairly varied and hopefully by the time you're sick of the three maps another one is released.

You should've made a poll asking whether or not you're being ungrateful. Maybe that's why the majority of votes are yes.

I voted no because I think 3 will be fine for launch.

More maps will be nice but are unnecessary for launch.. especially with how they said Crystal lake was an even more MASSIVE map.

I believe they said it was something like..

Packanack Lodge = Slightly smaller than Higgins.

Higgins Haven = Medium Sized Map

Camp Crystal Lake = FUCKING HUGE.. Like a battlefield conquest large map, so about 25-30% bigger than Higgins.

over all I wouldn't be opposed to more maps. But I don't feel they need them at launch.

But I DO feel that they will need a content update with a new map sometime soonish after.

However they are also working on single player so im not sure how that will play out...

If I where them tho I would have some folks dedicated to Multiplayer content working around the clock. The Multiplayer is what this game will live and die by.

im fine with starting with only 3 maps. they said they will add more at a later date im fine with that. i wish their was more to start with but will be fine knowing their is more on its way.

Certainly the Jarvis house location, and a Manhattan themed map would be cool!

Like mentioned previously, it would be great if the map you chose to play had added ways to dispatch counsellors and Jason.

In a Final Chapter/Jarvis House Map: Jason could utilize more of the throwing players through windows (or have a further range to do it) like he did with Tina & Rob, or have the ability to nail a dead counsellor to an exit door. For the counsellor, I'd like to see the player be able to grab a computer monitor and smash it over Jason's head much like Trish did.

In a Part VIII map: A Jason kill could be using those alleyway sludge barrels to drown a counsellor. For the counsellor, they could perform a task that allows the toxic waste to flow from the sewers and either kill or affect Jason badly, like when he begins stumbling around after that little bit splashed in his face by Rennie.