• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

AJ*

AJ*

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

I literally just watched this. One of the MOST scary things about this...in the beginning after the medics take Jason away and all the lights leave...the camera lingers. Just a bit...in the empty crystal lake. In the darkness. All you hear is crickets. It scary to think your alone in the dark...the place where thet just carted off numerous bodies.

This part always makes me smirk because in a real criminal investigation where multiple horrific murders just took place everyone there isn't just going to simultaneously pack up and leave at the same time lol.

Survival

Survival

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

This part always makes me smirk because in a real criminal investigation where multiple horrific murders just took place everyone there isn't just going to simultaneously pack up and leave at the same time lol.

Well F13th is not exactly well known for it's realism.

It's an effective scene, that works and captures exactly what the filmmakers wanted it to capture... no matter if it actually makes sense within the real world logic.

I would say it is one of the movie's least "problematic" scenes. At least it is properly edited and shot.

Horror has many faces.

bewareofbears

bewareofbears

;)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

I think they probably would in a small town in the 1980's.
f13sig_BEWARE.png

Mark K

Mark K

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts
  • LocationMichigan

I think they probably would in a small town in the 1980's.

Actually, living in a small town very, very similar to this during the 80's, I can tell you this...every deer hunter, police officer, and veteran would grab an Ott-6 (30-06), and a .357 or .44 magnum, and 12 gauge and put this problem to rest with the quickness. Loads of pick up trucks filled with crack shooting folks, who wouldn't stop until the whole place was a smoldering pile of ashes.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: part 4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users