Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jimmy

Friday the 13th Part 4: The Final Chapter

24 posts in this topic

I remember Ben or one of them mentioning Nobebosco from part 1, but I can't remember if they went there or not.  I would need to be heavily armed to go anywhere near the Jarvis house!

They also used one of the houses again in part 7, I dont remember if it was the Jarvis house or the house the kids stayed in, but its the house that Jason throws the girl out the window in part 7

I looked online and it shows that the Jarvis house and the Shepards house (from part 7) are across the lake from each other.

That's Cool! Never would have guessed in a million. Beautiful location.

Heh. I just watched part IV this morning before heading to sleep. (I work graveyard.) Anyway, I think that the Jarvis house might make for some interesting issues thematically. Child Tommy Jarvis would be a bitch to play as.

I literally just watched this. One of the MOST scary things about this...in the beginning after the medics take Jason away and all the lights leave...the camera lingers. Just a bit...in the empty crystal lake. In the darkness. All you hear is crickets. It scary to think your alone in the dark...the place where thet just carted off numerous bodies.

Mark K, Survival and bewareofbears like this

I liked that in the early films, they'd have those moments and shots of the lake and woodlands with the crickets going and nothing else. Helped give it a sense of atmosphere and character.

Survival and Splatterhouse like this

I liked that in the early films, they'd have those moments and shots of the lake and woodlands with the crickets going and nothing else. Helped give it a sense of atmosphere and character.

Definitely. The shots in the original film (I think of an otter/beaver and the wind on the lake surface) momentarily before the storm begins to kick in... stand out for me.

I'm in Devon also BTW! Well, between Devon and Hampshire! ;) What platform are you going to be playing on?

DamonD7 and Survival like this

It's a small world! :)

I'll be playing it on Xbox One. I do have a PS4, just couldn't afford a second copy of the game. At least, not at the moment.

I literally just watched this. One of the MOST scary things about this...in the beginning after the medics take Jason away and all the lights leave...the camera lingers. Just a bit...in the empty crystal lake. In the darkness. All you hear is crickets. It scary to think your alone in the dark...the place where thet just carted off numerous bodies.

I always felt that unsettling also. Very cool.

It's a small world! :)

I'll be playing it on Xbox One. I do have a PS4, just couldn't afford a second copy of the game. At least, not at the moment.

Ahhh shame. I'll be playing on PS4! Hopefully cross-platform happens! ;) 

DamonD7 likes this

Part IV is one of the better films, but has some "schlock" that I'm not a fan of. I don't like deliberately annoying characters that encourage the audience to want them killed. The first few minutes in the hospital with the annoying doctor and nurse are the worst for me. After that the movie is much better.

I would much rather horror movies start having characters that the audience actually does NOT want to die, you know, the "Game of Thrones" effect. People die so much in that show and everyone loves them for it. I think it would be a great trend to start in new horror movies.

Wish jason would have spent more time in the local crystal lake hospital.it would have been really cool.the part where jasons mask comes off and reveals hes a ghoul is awesome.

Loved that part! It's sad that the cabin and the location was left to ruin.

Part IV is definitely one of my favorites, but it does feel sloppy and rushed. Even more so than Part V.

The editing is off in some instances and the scenes seem to be in an awkward order (Jason jumping between floors for no reason), especially in the 3rd act. The cut out scenes (seen in the TV version) should have been left in the movie too.

This part always makes me smirk because in a real criminal investigation where multiple horrific murders just took place everyone there isn't just going to simultaneously pack up and leave at the same time lol.

This part always makes me smirk because in a real criminal investigation where multiple horrific murders just took place everyone there isn't just going to simultaneously pack up and leave at the same time lol.

Well F13th is not exactly well known for it's realism.

It's an effective scene, that works and captures exactly what the filmmakers wanted it to capture... no matter if it actually makes sense within the real world logic.

I would say it is one of the movie's least "problematic" scenes. At least it is properly edited and shot.

I think they probably would in a small town in the 1980's.

I think they probably would in a small town in the 1980's.

Actually, living in a small town very, very similar to this during the 80's, I can tell you this...every deer hunter, police officer, and veteran would grab an Ott-6 (30-06), and a .357 or .44 magnum, and 12 gauge and put this problem to rest with the quickness. Loads of pick up trucks filled with crack shooting folks, who wouldn't stop until the whole place was a smoldering pile of ashes.