36 replies to this topic

DamonD7

DamonD7

Some kind of goober

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • LocationTavistock, Devon, UK

Mine was also Part VI, probably that very same showing.

A quick check on the BBC Genome Project suggests it was Friday the 13th March 1992. Next showings for VI were July 23rd 1994, then 28th September 1995.

They showed Jason Takes Manhattan on 15th November 1992, 7th April 1995 and 5th October 1996.

Can't find any showings for VII, oddly. I know VI and VIII the first ones I saw, probably those 1992 transmissions.

I strongly feel it was the Part VI in March '92 and Part VIII in November '92 screenings that I saw. I know it was not that long after the films had actually come out and that I saw them pretty close to each other (same calendar year).

Thank you for the information!

DepressedGhost

DepressedGhost

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

My Mom was in her tweens/teens during the Friday glory days(I was born in '90, she was 19) and was a huge horror fan so they were just kind-of always in rotation for as long as I remember. I was 6/7 when she showed my brother and I 'Scream' for the first time and that was our test to see if we were ready for the Friday, Nightmare, Halloween and Hellraiser movies. My brother wasn't really a big fan of them but my Mom and I both loved them so we'd watch them every weekend while I was growing up. Started with the OG and worked our way up.

Aksana

Aksana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationLimestone town, Sweden

it was on my 18th birthday, i was alone in the woods in a tiny 1 room apartment actually built in a insane asylum and it was like, nobody was going to visit me and i was a huge horror nerd (still am)

i went to my local video store and they gave me Part 4 among other movies and i wasnt scared more than 1 time when SPOILER ALERT tina died thrown out the window since i didnt see it coming, thinking he would be behind her or under the bed.

but after that i seen and love them all (EVEN Jason goes to hell!)

Remember it's online but people still get hurt when you are mean

The80s

The80s

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Not sure if anyone made a topic like this yet but I wanted to start one if not!

Anyway the movie that started my interest in the series overall was actually Jason X and I'm wondering if anyone is in the same boat as me or what you guys think of that movie? For some reason I feel like I'm in a small group (if not the only one lol) so I'm wondering where everyone stands with Jason X and where they started.

I was born in the early 80s but I don't think I've ever seen (that I can remember) an actual Friday movie from start to finish (or parts of them even) until Jason X came out. I downloaded it when it came out and fell in love with the Jason/Friday franchise ever since and ended up getting/watching them all a few times. Of course though I knew of and who both Freddy and Jason were and liked em both but didn't really know anything about them besides they were cool looking and scary guys who killed people at the time, when I was a kid lol.

Anyway what started your love for the series?

You fell in love with the F13th franchise after watching Jason X?

the-actual-fuck.jpg

Forum Signature violation

thatdudescott

thatdudescott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationUSA

My father was big on VHS and horror,and he recorded everything off of cable. It had to have been 1992 or 1993 which would put me around 6 or 7 years old when I started sneak-watching those tapes. My earliest Friday memory is Part VI which also turned me into one of the youngest Alice Cooper fans around.

steam: thatdudescott

twitch videos: https://www.twitch.t...13th/videos/all

thatdudescott

thatdudescott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationUSA

Chris Higgins was an awesome final girl and probably the most physical in the series. 

Agreed on that 100%. It kinda blew my mind when she ran outside and hid next to the door.

steam: thatdudescott

twitch videos: https://www.twitch.t...13th/videos/all

Mark K

Mark K

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • LocationMichigan
Well, I was there from the very beginning. Seen part 1 at the drive in opening day, then part 2 the following year or so...again at the drive in. Part 3 in polarized 3D at Flint, Michigans Showcase Cinema...Big, beautiful theater with merchandise sold. Bought the 3D poster and movie book for 3. Part 4 at same theater, and 5,6,7,8 at the drive ins, then 9 at the on post Army theater at Fort Bragg, NC. JASON X and FVJ and Friday 2009 at local small town theaters.

All were great, but the first 4 held a special "magic" I enjoyed with family and friends that will never be duplicated. Very special times.

SCREWNUT

SCREWNUT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • LocationCANADA

The first one.  Been there since day one.

"Friday the 13th would be a lot more frightening if Jason chased you down in a big SUV and made you pay to fill it up with gas."

Chr0niX

Chr0niX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

part 2 was the first one i saw on my birthday friday october 13th! part 4 is the best though

Redcat345

Redcat345

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Jason Goes to Hell, then seeing Friday The 13th Part 1 (1980). Before that, reading descriptions of the movies in the newspaper tv guide section as a kid, before that, seeing "Mason" on the cartoon Bobby's World.

maxresdefault.jpg

16473093_1250243108392793_22852703693095

The Razor's Edge

The Razor's Edge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationTennessee

For me, it was Part II on VHS - this was in 1986(I was 4 yrs old), my mom and aunt rented it. I fell asleep though. So, Part IV is the first film in the series I watched beginning to end, two years later in 1988 on VHS.

PSN: TheRazorsEdge22

f13sig_MM.jpg

Gdain

Gdain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts
It had to be part 7. I was at a sleepover and they had it on VHS. I loved the look of that Jason, and since me seeing it he's always the first image whenever I think of Jason.

bewareofbears

bewareofbears

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
Part 8, it made a big impression on me at the time.
f13sig_BEWARE.png

SHODANFreeman

SHODANFreeman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationUnited States
I was always vaguely interested in the series as a kid, I think my brother was watching part 3 when I was very young and I was scared and fascinated by it, but my first real experience was the NES game, and I loved it. I beat the game a dozen times. When I was old enough to buy movies for myself, I went out and bought all the movies.

Cope29

Cope29

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationBelgrade, Serbia

First F13 movie i watched was part 1 when i was like 12 or 13 years old.I watched with my sister on VHS, and we were so scared, i couldnt sleep few nights properly :D And after that of course i watched the other parts of F13 movies, and my favorite back from those days when i was kid and still on till today is part 2 where Jason appears for first time

lVlatman

lVlatman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationForest Green
Think it was Part 6 but I remember buying an unsheathed VHS of 3 at a yard sale when I was about 7.

Risinggrave

Risinggrave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Part 3. I remember that I was watching it peeking out from behind the recliner. I was so freaked out when during the dream sequence Jason tears the door off of the cabin and comes sprinting out. No mask, broad daylight and the scariest image of the film. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users