• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

wes

wes

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 124 posts

Hey campers!

We've ran into some server issues on the backend that are causing the first day of our Friends & Family Beta to be delayed. We know...it sucks. We're pretty bummed about it too. But the entire team is working around the clock to fix the issue. We want you guys to have the best experience possible...and staring at a load screen watching a little wheel spin while you try to match to a server, ain't a good experience. 

We also have a bug related to players with very slow internet connections, that basically make some scenarios unplayable. Again, not good. But we have our best guys on the case working on a fix. I don't want to make you guys any promises we can't keep, so I don't want to say "At 'X' time all will be well." But we do feel pretty confident that we can fix this and HOPEFULLY we're able to start sending out F&F codes tonight. Worst case, tomorrow. 

Again, we're sorry. I know how frustrating it is. You guys really want to play this and we want you to. Probably more than you know. But when it comes to real beta's these snags happen. It's kind of the point. Stay tuned to our social feeds, join us in on discord or lurk here for more updates. 

-W

nFNiJnZ.jpg

• DamonD7, Danny Darkcore, Mark K and 5 others like this

Nothingface

Nothingface

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Hey campers!

We've ran into some server issues on the backend that are causing the first day of our Friends & Family Beta to be delayed. We know...it sucks. We're pretty bummed about it too. But the entire team is working around the clock to fix the issue. We want you guys to have the best experience possible...and staring at a load screen watching a little wheel spin while you try to match to a server, ain't a good experience. 

We also have a bug related to players with very slow internet connections, that basically make some scenarios unplayable. Again, not good. But we have our best guys on the case working on a fix. I don't want to make you guys any promises we can't keep, so I don't want to say "At 'X' time all will be well." But we do feel pretty confident that we can fix this and HOPEFULLY we're able to start sending out F&F codes tonight. Worst case, tomorrow. 

Again, we're sorry. I know how frustrating it is. You guys really want to play this and we want you to. Probably more than you know. But when it comes to real beta's these snags happen. It's kind of the point. Stay tuned to our social feeds, join us in on discord or lurk here for more updates. 

-W

nFNiJnZ.jpg

DAMNIT WES WHY SO MUCH GOOD NEWS TODAY!? IM OUT OF LIKES AND CANT LIKE THIS POST EITHER!

• brapped, wes, uesc and 2 others like this

"He is Jason, the man who came back from hell with the strength of 1,000 retards." - Random Redditor

TheGameCritic

TheGameCritic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hey man!

Michael here. Don't worry about it whatsoever. These things happen. Fun of beta right :D?!

You're all putting out something very near and dear after a long while and it's gonna have issues and problems when it comes to transitioning that over to the real-world out-of-local-network scenario.

Don't sweat it at all. Even if the beta is delayed by a whole week - I'm sure many of us die-hard Friday 13th fans can wait.

You guys been working nonstop from what I've been seeing on Twitter. Hope Jersey Mikes keeps you going m8 :)

People may be sad, but I think once you realize a good product takes time...and problems always unexpectedly arise and must be overcome in due time...(keyword: TIME) - it will just make the end result that much better and more smooth.

• DamonD7, wes and Riskman2982 like this

JohannFKNFaust

JohannFKNFaust

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationAlaska
Take your guys' time. Even for a beta for us you want it to set least work for us, that means a lot! Thank you Wes!
  • wes likes this

F13%20Thing.jpg

If you add me on Steam or PSN just please let me know you plan on

playing this game otherwise I probably won't add. Thank you.  :) 

Nothingface

Nothingface

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

My face when 5 days of Closed Beta now.

7894dce0-1363-11e5-aefb-917e478154c2_joh

• wes and Twil like this

"He is Jason, the man who came back from hell with the strength of 1,000 retards." - Random Redditor

Deeeth

Deeeth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationOhio

We appreciate your communication! Still super excited to both kill and be killed! We believe in you.

• wes and handzen like this

Steam: Deeeth

Riskman2982

Riskman2982

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts
I'm as eager as anyone to play this game but like they said, F&F is PURE, UNADULTERATED BETA. Stuff happens. Things break. We cannot play. That is part of what being in a beta is about. More so considering this is a smaller studio and not some faceless corperate giant of a software corp.

Wes, we, the fans, know that you, the crew at Gun Media, and Illfonic, want the best for us. Do what you guys gotta do. We'll be waiting for you.

Peace.
  • wes and Mark K like this
Steam User Name: Riskman2982

Belz

Belz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationGermany

YOu do a great job ... but i have to sleep now ^^ gn8

• wes likes this
PSN: Bareknuckle_Belz
Steam: gerBelz

BloodOnTheRocks

BloodOnTheRocks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Thanks for the update. Shame you guys have to work on Christmas eve now. But we appreciate you hooking us up with the extra day.

• wes likes this

Jen the Strange

Jen the Strange

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Much love to you guys. This game will happen, and when it does, we'll be there.

• wes likes this

JBSLICK33

JBSLICK33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

me to wife:  ''Honey, you better put on another pot of coffee..''

• wes and TWarner like this
PS4: JBSLICK33

DamonD7

DamonD7

Some kind of goober

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts
  • LocationTavistock, Devon, UK
Thanks for the update, Wes.

As always, getting it right is better than getting it rushed. Fingers crossed things get smoothed out soon.
  • wes likes this

TWarner

TWarner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
  • LocationLincoln , Ne

Ok, Well I'm taking off Work Tomorrow Now !

JBSLICK33

JBSLICK33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Ok, Well I'm taking off Work Tomorrow Now !

''Sorry, boss.  I have explosive diarrhea...''  :huh:

• handzen likes this

Lewyren

Lewyren

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Thanks for the good work.

It's kinda hard to stay awake here in France.

I might get some sleep before the beta begins.

Everyone have a nice day / night ! 

dmack621

dmack621

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationNJ

Thank you guys for the updates. Take your time, these things happen. I am very confident that the wait will be well worth it.

Posted Image

Riskman2982

Riskman2982

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

''Sorry, boss.  I have explosive diarrhea...''  :huh:

Yes. No one questions the diarrhea. Also? Try claiming "Figherman's Mouth". NO ONE wants anything to do with a illness like that.
Steam User Name: Riskman2982

TWarner

TWarner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
  • LocationLincoln , Ne

With all of that Coffee that will be your result ..LOL  No I couldn't get anything done at my desk anyway knowing that the beta was live and I can't play it at work...Hmm I could vpn to my home PC and play it over lunch I guess.

• JBSLICK33 likes this

JBSLICK33

JBSLICK33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

@Wes   Did you guys check to make sure everything is plugged in? :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

• Twil likes this

Nothingface

Nothingface

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

@Wes   Did you guys check to make sure everything is plugged in? :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Turn it off and back on again.

If only networking was so easy. :( < Network Major

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users