wes

F&F/Closed Beta Update

22 posts in this topic

Hey campers!

We've ran into some server issues on the backend that are causing the first day of our Friends & Family Beta to be delayed. We know...it sucks. We're pretty bummed about it too. But the entire team is working around the clock to fix the issue. We want you guys to have the best experience possible...and staring at a load screen watching a little wheel spin while you try to match to a server, ain't a good experience. 

We also have a bug related to players with very slow internet connections, that basically make some scenarios unplayable. Again, not good. But we have our best guys on the case working on a fix. I don't want to make you guys any promises we can't keep, so I don't want to say "At 'X' time all will be well." But we do feel pretty confident that we can fix this and HOPEFULLY we're able to start sending out F&F codes tonight. Worst case, tomorrow. 

Again, we're sorry. I know how frustrating it is. You guys really want to play this and we want you to. Probably more than you know. But when it comes to real beta's these snags happen. It's kind of the point. Stay tuned to our social feeds, join us in on discord or lurk here for more updates. 

-W

nFNiJnZ.jpg

PhoenixFury, DamonD7, Twil and 5 others like this

Hey campers!

We've ran into some server issues on the backend that are causing the first day of our Friends & Family Beta to be delayed. We know...it sucks. We're pretty bummed about it too. But the entire team is working around the clock to fix the issue. We want you guys to have the best experience possible...and staring at a load screen watching a little wheel spin while you try to match to a server, ain't a good experience. 

We also have a bug related to players with very slow internet connections, that basically make some scenarios unplayable. Again, not good. But we have our best guys on the case working on a fix. I don't want to make you guys any promises we can't keep, so I don't want to say "At 'X' time all will be well." But we do feel pretty confident that we can fix this and HOPEFULLY we're able to start sending out F&F codes tonight. Worst case, tomorrow. 

Again, we're sorry. I know how frustrating it is. You guys really want to play this and we want you to. Probably more than you know. But when it comes to real beta's these snags happen. It's kind of the point. Stay tuned to our social feeds, join us in on discord or lurk here for more updates. 

-W

nFNiJnZ.jpg

DAMNIT WES WHY SO MUCH GOOD NEWS TODAY!? IM OUT OF LIKES AND CANT LIKE THIS POST EITHER!

Aksana, The Chosen One, wes and 2 others like this

Hey man!

Michael here. Don't worry about it whatsoever. These things happen. Fun of beta right :D?!

You're all putting out something very near and dear after a long while and it's gonna have issues and problems when it comes to transitioning that over to the real-world out-of-local-network scenario.

Don't sweat it at all. Even if the beta is delayed by a whole week - I'm sure many of us die-hard Friday 13th fans can wait.

You guys been working nonstop from what I've been seeing on Twitter. Hope Jersey Mikes keeps you going m8 :)

People may be sad, but I think once you realize a good product takes time...and problems always unexpectedly arise and must be overcome in due time...(keyword: TIME) - it will just make the end result that much better and more smooth.

wes, Riskman2982 and DamonD7 like this

I'm as eager as anyone to play this game but like they said, F&F is PURE, UNADULTERATED BETA. Stuff happens. Things break. We cannot play. That is part of what being in a beta is about. More so considering this is a smaller studio and not some faceless corperate giant of a software corp.

Wes, we, the fans, know that you, the crew at Gun Media, and Illfonic, want the best for us. Do what you guys gotta do. We'll be waiting for you.

Peace.

Mark K and wes like this

Thanks for the update, Wes.

As always, getting it right is better than getting it rushed. Fingers crossed things get smoothed out soon.

wes likes this

Thanks for the good work.

It's kinda hard to stay awake here in France.

I might get some sleep before the beta begins.

Everyone have a nice day / night ! 

''Sorry, boss.  I have explosive diarrhea...''  :huh:

Yes. No one questions the diarrhea. Also? Try claiming "Figherman's Mouth". NO ONE wants anything to do with a illness like that.

With all of that Coffee that will be your result ..LOL  No I couldn't get anything done at my desk anyway knowing that the beta was live and I can't play it at work...Hmm I could vpn to my home PC and play it over lunch I guess.

JBSLICK33 likes this

@Wes   Did you guys check to make sure everything is plugged in? :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Turn it off and back on again.

If only networking was so easy. :( < Network Major

''Sorry, boss.  I have explosive diarrhea...''  :huh:

I have actually used this one with a job that liked to ask a lot of questions when I'd call in sick. One time I told them I had explosive diarrhea and from then on when I called in sick they just said get feeling better. :)