F&F Beta Servers - What to Expect

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

wes

wes

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 124 posts

OK just to help set expectations and let you guys know what's going on with our servers on the backend. We have regional and global match making, but we don't have lobby migration in place. That would have taken a month+ to do well. We also wanted to see how lobbies front and back fill. Here's some details on what to expect.

QUICKPLAY - This will be your primary way to connect to server to play the beta. You will see this in the main menu as your first choice. Upon clicking you may have to wait upwards of 5 mins before connecting to a server. It is checking where you are in the world, then narrowing down to country, region, city, to assure you connect to players that are in your area. This keeps ping low. If you've been waiting for 5 mins and you are not connecting, back out and try again. If you connect to a lobby and you're the only player sitting in a lobby...(forever alone) Just hang tight. You should start to see others connect in. Don't ready up until you at least have 5 players as that will make for a better match. If you sit in a lobby for several minutes alone, back out and try again. Another option you may try is to go into quickplay and then invite your friends to that lobby. This works perfectly.

PRIVATE MATCH - This option runs flawlessly as it is a 100% Peer-to-Peer. Which means the person that sets up the private match is the host. So you need to have a speedy connection for the match to run smoothly. Once you have a private match setup, use INVITE FRIENDS button built into the lobby to get your friends in.

PARTY - The beta supports parties. You can set this up in the menu. Just click parties and send out invites. Once you have a party banded together you can start either a QUICKPLAY session (dedicated servers) OR a PRIVATE MATCH.

Will update with more soon. Thanks guys and we appreciate your patience. 

-W

• JohannFKNFaust, Jay, BlackWidowofLaPorte and 10 others like this

BloodOnTheRocks

BloodOnTheRocks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Cool info. Awesome we can play private matches in beta!!!

Any update on the matchmaking glitch? I saw you tweeted that out.

• JohannFKNFaust likes this

Corydan

Corydan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Awesome to have private match during the beta.

Ty guys...as always!! ;)

Sanetsuken

Sanetsuken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationNorway

Will parties prioritize running as counselors?

Is the prioritization system in place at all? SO you can select what you prefer?

BETA GONE

RELEASE WHEN

Juez

Juez

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • LocationSpain

I have a 50 mb donwload and 5 upload. ( Its 6,2 Mb download and more or lesss 600 kbps upload ).  ¿ Its good for private match ?

I so sorry for my English !

IkJcsRh.gif

PharaohSteve

PharaohSteve

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationTowson, Maryland

Awesome, thanks for the steady communication!

I'm a partnered YouTube creator, mediocre Twitch streamer, active Twitter user & my Steam profile is pretty cool! TEST GAMING!

Posted Image

Aksana

Aksana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationLimestone town, Sweden

will we be able to boot people we dont want on the match?

Remember it's online but people still get hurt when you are mean

Deeeth

Deeeth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationOhio

Cannot wait!!! Hype!!

Steam: Deeeth

Nothingface

Nothingface

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

F&F beta is starting, Closed beta soon to follow....

Only one thing left to do why us plebs wait...

HIT THE MUSIC!

• Juez and Deeeth like this

"He is Jason, the man who came back from hell with the strength of 1,000 retards." - Random Redditor

MotorcycleUS

MotorcycleUS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Seriously? I thought that was for people that backed the kickstarter. I did & I have not yet gotten my keys.

JohannFKNFaust

JohannFKNFaust

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationAlaska
Holy crap! Private matches in beta? Party mode in game. AND BETA?! This is PRENOMINAL!!! :D I think many of us expected ONLY quick play in beta. Thank you so much for this, everyone who's bringing this to life! You are amazing human beings with just the right blood lust we all seem to have xD

F13%20Thing.jpg

If you add me on Steam or PSN just please let me know you plan on

playing this game otherwise I probably won't add. Thank you.  :) 

JPops

JPops

Slasher

• Administrators
  • 1,939 posts

Seriously? I thought that was for people that backed the kickstarter. I did & I have not yet gotten my keys.

You would have had to back a tier on kickstarter that Contained the F&F beta to get access. All other orders of the game are eligible for the closed beta starting 12/20. Beta is not yet live and keys will be e-mailed to the e-mail associated with your kickstarter account. For more info on what kickstarter tiers qualified please see this thread.

http://forum.f13game...his-time/page-1

Posted Image

MotorcycleUS

MotorcycleUS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

The tier I selected did qualify. However, I had thought people were already playin from their posts. That's why got a bit annoyed. Turns out they aren't. & they haven't sent out the keys yet.

Deeeth

Deeeth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationOhio

The keys have not been sent out yet. 

Steam: Deeeth

TWarner

TWarner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • LocationLincoln , Ne

Just curious because I am a Console player but I have the PC to run the beta and will be in on both Beta's . I don't have a game pad for my PC so will the keyboard controls be pretty much like most PC games ?  I think there is a patch out somewhere that would allow me to use my PS 4 Controller but not sure. Hope the beta drops soon . Thanks !

JPops

JPops

Slasher

• Administrators
  • 1,939 posts

Just curious because I am a Console player but I have the PC to run the beta and will be in on both Beta's . I don't have a game pad for my PC so will the keyboard controls be pretty much like most PC games ? I think there is a patch out somewhere that would allow me to use my PS 4 Controller but not sure. Hope the beta drops soon . Thanks !

Hope this helps. http://www.techradar...on-a-pc-1309014
  • JBSLICK33 and TWarner like this

Posted Image

TWarner

TWarner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • LocationLincoln , Ne

Thanks

Davidt

Davidt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,769 posts

"You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day" damn i cant like wes post

PSN - david_tortorici
Steam - charlesleeray2
Posted Image

Nothingface

Nothingface

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

"You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day" damn i cant like wes post

I would like this post because I had the same problem.. but... well

:(

• Big_crazy_ape likes this

"He is Jason, the man who came back from hell with the strength of 1,000 retards." - Random Redditor

Davidt

Davidt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,769 posts

I would like this post because I had the same problem.. but... well

:(

First time ive actually reached the daily limit i guess theres so much traffic on here lately ive been liking things like crazy

• Big_crazy_ape likes this
PSN - david_tortorici
Steam - charlesleeray2
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users