wes

Confirmed Counselors and Jasons for BETA (w/stats)

182 posts in this topic

My girl Jenny!!! Lol, I don't care if her stats "seem bad" it's what you do with what you got is what counts the most! Lol.

Same for Preppy Guy, I believe I'll be alternating between those two till the game comes out to show off the Jock that I can

play as my 3rd choice lol. ^^*~

They are listed as strenghts and weaknesses.

This should convince you. The 18 minutes gameplay videof rom IGN starred Part 3 Jason right? He teleported and shifted, as the players in the game remarked right? Well look at his strenghts and weaknesses : absolutely no mention of shift or morph.

That's cause he's average at both not because he doesn't have them, we KNOW he has them

Wait I thought Shift was teleport? And that's still confusing if the Jason you go to choose his stats don't show a particular ability that he has?

Wait I thought Shift was teleport? And that's still confusing if the Jason you go to choose his stats don't show a particular ability that he has?

Shift = short range teleport.

Morph = Map wide teleport.

And it's not confusing if they all have the same abilities, which seems to be the case. They only show the strenghts and weaknesses, because all the Jasons all have the same abilities. If you do not see an ability in a Jason page, it is because he is average at it. What is the point of repeating a list of the abilities on each individual Jason page if they all have the same?

Shift = short range teleport.

Morph = Map wide teleport.

And it's not confusing if they all have the same abilities, which seems to be the case. They only show the strenghts and weaknesses, because all the Jasons all have the same abilities. If you do not see an ability in a Jason page, it is because he is average at it. What is the point of repeating a list of the abilities on each individual Jason page if they all have the same?

Ok thanks for clearing up the shift / morph part but now to disagree with you...in my opinion how are we or say a Joe shmo supposed to know what abilities each Jason has if in the stats all it says is his good and bad ones but leaves out a few?

Ok thanks for clearing up the shift / morph part but now to disagree with you...in my opinion how are we or say a Joe shmo supposed to know what abilities each Jason has if in the stats all it says is his good and bad ones but leaves out a few?

Good point, my guess is that the Jason abilities are detailed somewhere else, perhaps in the control.

They don't need to mention the abilities on each different's Jason page since it seems (considering these stat pages and the gameplay video) they all have the same abilities.

People won't visit the Jasons' stat pages to know each Jason's abilities since they all have the same, hence why it makes sense to only mention his strenghts and weaknesses.

I find it weird that Tiffany is stronger than Jenny, when Jenny is supposed to be the quote on quote "Final Girl" material.

I also find it weird that A.J. is supposed to be the "Tough as Nails Rocker", but she's one of the weakest counselors?!

Still a girl that works out (The Athletic girl for example) having below average strenght is laughable

From what I saw in the counselers gameplay video, that was enough strength to knock Jason on the ground xD.

caleb davis likes this

Good point, my guess is that the Jason abilities are detailed somewhere else, perhaps in the control.

They don't need to mention the abilities on each different's Jason page since it seems (considering these stat pages and the gameplay video) they all have the same abilities.

People won't visit the Jasons' stat pages to know each Jason's abilities since they all have the same, hence why it makes sense to only mention his strenghts and weaknesses.

Yeah I hear ya! Me myself ... I will figure it out quick but I'm speaking for a lot of newbie gamers out there that might pick the game up and be confused!

What worries me is again I think you may be wrong I don't think this is a separate "stats" menu I think this is when you choose your character menu so it's in your face telling you each characters abilities and if that's the case they need to display all of his abilities!

I've gotta say i'm lovin' what I see here!!!! :) That RPG element is always a welcome sight to this old gamer. If I get any more excited, i'm going to self combust!!! Wes, your team has SuperBowl of Professionalism caliber fellers, from top to bottom! :D No other company, triple A or otherwise, could have done for this franchise what you all have done. In terms of courtesy, honoring the nostalgia, and just plain "Gettin' it Right". Many developers are going to look toward this work as "the go to source" for inspiration, and quite possibly plageurism, much like Batmans 'Arkham Series' did for the DC legend, you guys are doing for the Horror Legend that is Jason Voorhees. As a bonus, you keep pushing the envelope by delving deeper into the Crystal Lake phenomena, and giving us old schoolers everything we want. Sir, you and yours are true patriots of horror iconistic cinema put to interactivity. Rest easy, your hard work will pay off many times over, and set a new standard, of that, I am completely confident. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to the finest game developing team a horror hound could ask for! ;)

thatdudescott likes this

Still a girl that works out (The Athletic girl for example) having below average strenght is laughable

She'd be below the average strength of a man. She'd have superior stamina by far, but not strength.

It's all quite relative for the specific tasks; the Girl Next Door having such a low Intelligence doesn't mean she's dim, it just means she's not good at fixes and repairs.

MutantTaco likes this

Part 7 has less stun resistance? Wouldn't have thought that.

I think he was quite susceptible to being stunned. Was knocked through a flight of stairs by a swinging light bulb on a cord to the head during the climax of Part VII.

I'm sure he'll be more stun resistant than the human Jason's...but don't think he was as badass as Part VI or Part VIII Jason.

Part VI Jason was like a force of nature, so I imagine he'll be the most durable of them all.

I have to agree, her strength should increase we know its not gonna be as high as the Jock but should be up there
TheFinalGay likes this

Not really. I've taken a weight lifting class. I've seen how girls do. No offense but it's evident that they require much more effort to produce the same result as men. And I never worked out before.

Just biology.

Not really. I've taken a weight lifting class. I've seen how girls do. No offense but it's evident that they require much more effort to produce the same result as men. And I never worked out before.

Just biology.

So its physically impossible for a strong girl to be stronger than than the average guy? Gee i hope its nice and cozy in your bubble mate.

And forgetting that side of the issue, from a gameplay standpoint it sucks that not a single female counselor is a hard hitter

Aksana and BlackWidowofLaPorte like this

So its physically impossible for a strong girl to be stronger than than the average guy? Gee i hope its nice and cozy in your bubble mate.

And forgetting that side of the issue, from a gameplay standpoint it sucks that not a single female counselor is a hard hitter

I have yet to meet one who is, but please don't put words in my mouth. Never said a girl working out can't be stronger than a man. Thing is why is this such an issue to you?

I mean, that's the whole reason why female standards in gym and other activities are lower than males, or that females aren't competing in sports the way males are. Not because they are incapable but because it requires twice the effort and they are immediately disadvantaged.

Santi_Lee likes this

Also note that just because one works out doesn't mean they are working all their muscle groups. Vannessa and everything about her screams "runner" not heavy lifter. So her strength is not "laughable" in fact it makes perfect sense.

I have yet to meet one who is, but please don't put words in my mouth. Never said a girl working out can't be stronger than a man. Thing is why is this such an issue to you?

I mean, that's the whole reason why female standards in gym and other activities are lower than males, or that females aren't competing in sports the way males are. Not because they are incapable but because it requires twice the effort and they are immediately disadvantaged.

Also note that just because one works out doesn't mean they are working all their muscle groups. Vannessa and everything about her screams "runner" not heavy lifter. So her strength is not "laughable" in fact it makes perfect sense.

Why is it an issue :

1) As I recall, Survivorgirl made a thread discussing how she would like to see female counselors depicted in the game, and a lot of other female gamers in the thread said that they also didn't like always having to play sneaky, or fast, or smart characters and would like to see a physically strong female character. So from the sample of female members of the forum, it seems that it was important to them not to be canned in stereotypically female playstyles just because they're girls ( http://forum.f13game.com/index.php?/topic/2044-stereotypes-sexism-female-public/?hl=representation )

2) Also, as I said, from a gameplay standpoint, it's disappointing that no female counselor is a hard hitter. Let's say some people prefer to play as guys, and some prefer to play as females : it would have been fun if variety was present both in the male and female counselors. How hard would it have been to make strenght a good stat on one of the female counselors? Because as of now, 4 female counselors have very good stealth, with  their other strong stats admittedly being well pretty well distributed, but stealth is clearly the common denominator among the girls. It is disappointing that with so many stats that influence gameplay, people that play girls will pretty much have to rely on stealth no matter which girl they play.

Why it's not about realism :

I disagree with you that a strong girl will not be stronger than the average guy, but let's throw all that the window. The devs have distributed stats not according to what makes sense but to how stats would affect the gameplay. Take the Bookish girl for example, of course it makes sense for her to have 10/10 intelligence, but does it make sense for a smart girl who reads a lot of books to be the fastest at fixing car? No, but they wanted her to play that way so they gave her this stat. I think the same should apply to other stats. Does it make sense for the Girl next door to have 10/10 strenght and be as physically strong as the jock? No it does not, but considering her archetype and how this stat translates to being able to take down Jason easier, to make her feel like a Final girl archetype she should have 10/10 strenght regardless of realism.

I am pretty limited in english, so I hope I explained how I think it is an issue, albeit a very fixable one. As I said, it is my one and only complaint, the game is gonna be amazing regardless. What do you think, and why is it an issue to you that a female counselor might have above average strenght?

BlackWidowofLaPorte likes this

Why is it an issue :

1) As I recall, Survivorgirl made a thread discussing how she would like to see female counselors depicted in the game, and a lot of other female gamers in the thread said that they also didn't like always having to play sneaky, or fast, or smart characters and would like to see a physically strong female character. So from the sample of female members of the forum, it seems that it was important to them not to be canned in stereotypically female playstyles just because they're girls ( http://forum.f13game.com/index.php?/topic/2044-stereotypes-sexism-female-public/?hl=representation )

2) Also, as I said, from a gameplay standpoint, it's disappointing that no female counselor is a hard hitter. Let's say some people prefer to play as guys, and some prefer to play as females : it would have been fun if variety was present both in the male and female counselors. How hard would it have been to make strenght a good stat on one of the female counselors? Because as of now, 4 female counselors have very good stealth, with  their other strong stats admittedly being well pretty well distributed, but stealth is clearly the common denominator among the girls. It is disappointing that with so many stats that influence gameplay, people that play girls will pretty much have to rely on stealth no matter which girl they play.

Why it's not about realism :

I disagree with you that a strong girl will not be stronger than the average guy, but let's throw all that the window. The devs have distributed stats not according to what makes sense but to how stats would affect the gameplay. Take the Bookish girl for example, of course it makes sense for her to have 10/10 intelligence, but does it make sense for a smart girl who reads a lot of books to be the fastest at fixing car? No, but they wanted her to play that way so they gave her this stat. I think the same should apply to other stats. Does it make sense for the Girl next door to have 10/10 strenght and be as physically strong as the jock? No it does not, but considering her archetype and how this stat translates to being able to take down Jason easier, to make her feel like a Final girl archetype she should have 10/10 strenght regardless of realism.

I am pretty limited in english, so I hope I explained how I think it is an issue, albeit a very fixable one. As I said, it is my one and only complaint, the game is gonna be amazing regardless. What do you think, and why is it an issue to you that a female counselor might have above average strenght?

Again, stop putting words in my mouth. Never saI'd that I had a problem with a girl having above average strength. You're the one who said it was "laughable" that the athletic girl has average strength. I rebuttaled with that it makes perfect sense. Now you're saying it's not about realism.

Furthermore, Wes already addressed the "gameplay issue"

He said, "If you wished a character had a particular stat, tough titties"

Again, stop putting words in my mouth. Never saI'd that I had a problem with a girl having above average strength. You're the one who said it was "laughable" that the athletic girl has average strength. I rebuttaled with that it makes perfect sense. Now you're saying it's not about realism.

Furthermore, Wes already addressed the "gameplay issue"

He said, "If you wished a character had a particular stat, tough titties"

I said that it was laughable that the athletic girl had below average strenght, not average.

I also said that it realistically made sense for at least one of the female counselors to have high strenght, but that even if it didnt, it made sense thematically, like for the Bookish girl whose high intelligence somehow translates into being really into cars.

As for what Wes said, he was saying like if you want a super stealthy character, dont whine about the athletic girl not being stealthy, play the Flirty girl for example. I still think that feedback is justified here since what if you want to play a girl with high strenght? The game makes it impossible when realistically and thematically, it would make sense in the case of Athletic girl, Girl next door or even Rocker chick to have some stat points shifted to the strenght stat.

I do not know why you are angry, i don't have a personal stake in this, Im gonna play the flirty girl and i dont care that she has low strenght, all i know is that it was a concern for some people on thw forum and that i think the female counselors lack a little gameplay diversity with 4 of them having above average stealth and 3 of them having perfect or almost perfect stealth scores.

Turtle likes this