Photo

Confirmed Counselors and Jasons for BETA (w/stats)

• Please log in to reply
177 replies to this topic

wes

wes

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 114 posts

Hey campers! I hope you guys are getting excited for the Beta! We sure are (and are kinda nervous too)! I thought it would be cool if you guys got a sneak peek at what counselors you will be able to play as well as what Jason's are available for the Beta. I also thought it would be nice for you understand the stats per counselor. These stats still need some balancing, but we want to see how you guys play and what gripes you might have from each counselor. Our goal was to create characters that really felt unique when you play with them. So if you really love playing as Tiffany and you just wish she had higher intelligence so you can fix stuff faster...well tough. That's kinda the point, right?

So give these all a look and drop us some comments. IT'S HAPPENING!

I2Gv2CE.jpg

1mbUEXT.jpg

vufaQwg.jpg

SZYBCTZ.jpg

wi1F8km.jpg

ONqEHR8.jpg

lkpSSvV.jpg

MUVGGB8.jpg

hnFdq48.jpg

nATgRuk.jpg

• GameboySM, Davidt, DamonD7 and 18 others like this

IllegallyMike

IllegallyMike

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

AWESOME!

BloodOnTheRocks

BloodOnTheRocks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

So where it says weaknesses - does that mean that Part 2 Jason CANNOT shift, or just that he cannot do it as often? It's cool to see some info about the characters revealed like this. We will of course have to experience this for ourselves to really get a feel. Even the video doesnt give a true sense of what it's like or how certain things will work.

FluttershyMyst

FluttershyMyst

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationCanada

Preppy guy pure luck. Love it!

Marvinpstanford

Marvinpstanford

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Oh this is gonna be so cool. I'm definitely using original Jason with original klan mask lmao smh

Quizzle

Quizzle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Looks interesting! 

wes

wes

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 114 posts

So where it says weaknesses - does that mean that Part 2 Jason CANNOT shift, or just that he cannot do it as often? It's cool to see some info about the characters revealed like this. We will of course have to experience this for ourselves to really get a feel. Even the video doesnt give a true sense of what it's like or how certain things will work.

It means he has a longer cool down before he can use that ability again. -W

• Dromar420, Carrilla, Nothingface and 2 others like this

Nothingface

Nothingface

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Very Interesting.

So Kenny Riedell is medium at everything? By that metric we can see what the mediums are by watching the 17 gameplay video.

With the stats as presented I expect a lot of folks to be playing Vanessa.. that speed/Stamina is fucking nuts.

AJ also seems really solid for new players with high composure and stealth stats.

"He is Jason, the man who came back from hell with the strength of 1,000 retards." - Random Redditor

EternalChow

EternalChow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Thanks for showing each stat description

BlackWidowofLaPorte

BlackWidowofLaPorte

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Cool!

Absoluttion

Absoluttion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationOregon

This looks absolutely amazing. Great UI work Wes please pass on my thanks to whomever worked on the art for the UI.

• wes and Twil like this

CrazyRalph

CrazyRalph

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts
Lol Kenny looks like he's related to Prince.
  • caleb davis likes this

Nothingface

Nothingface

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

It means he has a longer cool down before he can use that ability again. -W

So..

Part 3 Jason is good and catching and killing folks but bad at finding them.

Part 2 has good mobility and tracking but cant shift as often and is more fragile than the others.

Part 7 .. has REALLY bad mobility but can move around underwater/track easier?

I'm curious how often his ability to swim fast will come in handy?

Also @Wes so Jason cant slot perks but he can slot kills?

"He is Jason, the man who came back from hell with the strength of 1,000 retards." - Random Redditor

The Phanthom Nico

The Phanthom Nico

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationChile

Awesome! 3 Jasons? nice. but, where are Tommy Jarvis stats? :( i want to know how OP is he ;)

PS: Also, reading Jason stats, i'd imagine that Part 8 will have +shift than any other jason

TheFinalGay

TheFinalGay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Stoked that we get to play so many counselors in the beta!! Very generous to have so many of them to test.

All 5 confirmed female counselors also made it in which is cool, and the stats and how they work all seem to make the characters very unique.

My only meh about this information is that none of the female counselors has high strenght? The highest is Vanessa with a 4/10. The five of them average a 2/10 in the strenght stat. :/ I was expecting at least one of the girls to have a high strenght stat, it seems weird to me that none of them have a higher strenght stat than for example Kenny, who is average at everything. Did not expect them to ALL be below average, especially Jenny (the Final girl archetype). Would prefer to see her luck points shifted to the strenght stat.

Other than that, I am beyond excited, everything looks amazing, suspenseful, creepy, immersive, fun, beautiful and weel thought-out. I'm finally going to upgrade my PC because this game deserves it lol

Sanetsuken

Sanetsuken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • LocationNorway

I CAN SELECT WHAT KILLS TO USE WHEN I GRAB SOMEONE?

I am SO turned on right now

Also i see that the individual stats are explained more as they are moused over, i assume this is the same for jason's strenght and weaknesses?

SO there's no room left for doubt

EDIT:

Shit. i see perks. This just shot up to my nr 1 worry :/

EDIT 2:

Alright so let's analyze the abilities.

Kenny / A.J - Looks like a lion (similar to norwegian coat of arms, but more buff)

Lions are commonly referred to as a symbol of courage and/or fierce strenght. Maybe it gives a buff when close to jason? Either ups your strenght a bit and/or makes it longer for fear to take you completely?

Jenny - A hand over a bear trap

Easier to disable/set up traps i would imagine. Just overall better at handling traps.

Vanessa - A running hare

Not sure about what their general habits are, but hares run hell when chased by something sooooo....sprint burst when jason is on your ass? Maybe a certain amount of fear is needed to trigger it?

Tiffany / Chad  - A briefcase with a symbol in the middle

Maybe better at handling key items than the rest. Runs faster, completes the action faster etc.

Deborah - A wrench and a screwdriver in a cross.

Seems obvious. Better at fixing stuff. Faster, more effective and so forth.

• Aksana likes this

BETA GONE

RELEASE WHEN

PowellCampsNAKED

PowellCampsNAKED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts
  • LocationKingston, RI
What is "Shift"?

And I kinda wish the Jason's had all the abilities listed with their graphs like the councelors do! I noticed you only put their weakness points but not the rest of them? Like some Jason's say "shift as a weakness but some don't say it st all does that mean they still have shift even though it's not a weakness?
Add me on PSN - Campfacer

Aksana

Aksana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationLimestone town, Sweden

NERDGASM! NERDGASM!

• Sam Savage Cash and AZATIONIE like this

Remember it's online but people still get hurt when you are mean

Twil

Twil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Nice, thanks for sharing Wes!

Kalopsia

Kalopsia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Part 7 has less stun resistance? Wouldn't have thought that. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users