Photo

What do you think it will take to actually kill Jason?

• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow

VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

No, he gets knocked down and out for a while. As presented by the gif.

I mean i wouldn't completely deny that he can die by overwhelming damage, but it shouldn't be viable to do aside from your example there...

What gif?

• TheFinalGay likes this

Steam User Name: Kakushi Senshi

giphy.gif

TheFinalGay

TheFinalGay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Would be a bad idea. Jason's mask? sure, but accumulating damage or being reliant on an area to get the kill is only going to be effective a few times in the beginning. once players are aware of what needs to be done, nobody would go near the dangerous areas as jason unless they wanted to give the counselors an advantage. Which is just bad.

Cool idea in theory, but if that's the case, then most Jason players will learn pretty fast not to get baited into those certain areas.

The counselors win after a set time limit. Let's say you've knocked Jason's mask off (which i'm going to assume will be insanely hard), then have all the remaining counselors try to converge on either the Lake, Shack or Barn.

It will force a confrontation, because Jason will try to get there too to kill them before they can set up a trap, and even if they do have time to set up a trap, Jason will have to try his luck and confront them or let them hideout in the specialplace until the end of the game

• GeneralOrgana likes this

TheFinalGay

TheFinalGay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts

What gif?

there ya go brochacho :

https://twitter.com/...808255792943104

• GeneralOrgana likes this

FreakyFrank1

FreakyFrank1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • LocationCanada,Quebec

Finalgay is right,while one would think a Jason player will become more aware once learning about a counsellor traps or fight awaiting in a specific location,you will still need to get there anyway to kill them somehow or else they win the game and you dont get as many points as Jason.

Basically...you need to take some risks to get rewarded,that's the point.

Plus,Jason is one tough son of a *****,so taking him down wont be easy at all.

And if you are doubtful when it come to entering a location,there's might be chances that a counselor player has not even finished putting a trap yet,so you might get lucky.

''Thou will dare or thou will chicken out ?''

• TheFinalGay likes this

'Good,Bad,im the guy with the gun'.

Sanetsuken

Sanetsuken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationNorway

The counselors win after a set time limit. Let's say you've knocked Jason's mask off (which i'm going to assume will be insanely hard), then have all the remaining counselors try to converge on either the Lake, Shack or Barn.

It will force a confrontation, because Jason will try to get there too to kill them before they can set up a trap, and even if they do have time to set up a trap, Jason will have to try his luck and confront them or let them hideout in the specialplace until the end of the game

Finalgay is right,while one would think a Jason player will become more aware once learning about a counsellor traps or fight awaiting in a specific location,you will still need to get there anyway to kill them somehow or else they win the game and you dont get as many points as Jason.

Basically...you need to take some risks to get rewarded,that's the point.

Plus,Jason is one tough son of a *****,so taking him down wont be easy at all.

And if you are doubtful when it come to entering a location,there's might be chances that a counselor player has not even finished putting a trap yet,so you might get lucky.

''Thou will dare or thou will chicken out ?''

I refuse to believe this.

So not only will the counselors win by default, they can turtle together in a particular area to win?

Does no one think what i'm worried about here?

Fixing the car, the boat, the phone will all go out the window, because the meta will just immediately shift to "find guns/good weapons and huddle up".

It'll shit on the entire game progression.

Fuck that. I sincerely hope this is not the case, 'cause it's a deal breaker imo.

BETA GONE

RELEASE WHEN

JPops

JPops

Slasher

• Administrators
  • 1,932 posts

I refuse to believe this.

So not only will the counselors win by default, they can turtle together in a particular area to win?
Does no one think what i'm worried about here?

Fixing the car, the boat, the phone will all go out the window, because the meta will just immediately shift to "find guns/good weapons and huddle up".
It'll shit on the entire game progression.

Fuck that. I sincerely hope this is not the case, 'cause it's a deal breaker imo.

Nothing to worry about, Jason is intentionally OP your primary means of survival is escape. Killing Jason will be rare and going toe to toe is a bad idea. Stuff is being worked on but keep in mind all of this is hearsay and ideas floating around amongst members.
  • BlackWidowofLaPorte and Gdain like this

Posted Image

Sanetsuken

Sanetsuken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationNorway

Nothing to worry about, Jason is intentionally OP your primary means of survival is escape. Killing Jason will be rare and going toe to toe is a bad idea. Stuff is being worked on but keep in mind all of this is hearsay and ideas floating around amongst members.

Aye, i realize. 

Hence why i sincerely HOPED that wasn't the case. Just don't want shit to end up like DbD. Killers are a joke in the game, only used for temporary obstacles that MIGHT get a kill.

Hell i saw a few streams just for fun of DbD, and the only people getting kills were those that camped the everloving shit of the hook, 'cause they knew if anyone got away they'd be healed and all good within a minute or two.

BETA GONE

RELEASE WHEN

DEATH

DEATH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts
  • LocationEverywhere.

Aye, i realize. 

Hence why i sincerely HOPED that wasn't the case. Just don't want shit to end up like DbD. Killers are a joke in the game, only used for temporary obstacles that MIGHT get a kill.

Hell i saw a few streams just for fun of DbD, and the only people getting kills were those that camped the everloving shit of the hook, 'cause they knew if anyone got away they'd be healed and all good within a minute or two.

So true. I keep trying to like that game, but unless you get into the rare match where you don't just get cheesed the whole match it's just annoying. I think at this point the only reason I fire it up at all is because the wait for this is killing me. Don't get me wrong I don't play it regularly as it's just a small fix until it annoys the shit out of me, but I just can't wait for F13 anymore. The suspense is killing me and my gaming habits. I just want it so bad that none of my other games feel very fun at the moment. "Soon" though. :)

Sanetsuken

Sanetsuken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationNorway

So true. I keep trying to like that game, but unless you get into the rare match where you don't just get cheesed the whole match it's just annoying. I think at this point the only reason I fire it up at all is because the wait for this is killing me. Don't get me wrong I don't play it regularly as it's just a small fix until it annoys the shit out of me, but I just can't wait for F13 anymore. The suspense is killing me and my gaming habits. I just want it so bad that none of my other games feel very fun at the moment. "Soon" though. :)

man "soon" is going to trigger me for the rest of my days.

Yeah i get what you mean about DbD too. The dissappointment will be real if this turns out the same way.

My main concern is the potential inclusion of perks. That's a big red flag imo.

Having medkits and toolboxes is fine, but being able to do the same things WITHOUT those items are just breaking the game into pieces right there and then. If it happens with F13 i'll lose faith in the genre. For real.

BETA GONE

RELEASE WHEN

derrickkolba

derrickkolba

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Locationmichigan

i bet you have to kill jason like it is in the movies for each one of the jasons. there may be other ways that will work on all of them but i guess for the most part their deaths are all movie related. im more then sure i know what will kill all of them but im keeping it to my self.

GunMedia_Ben

GunMedia_Ben

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 745 posts
  • LocationLexington, KY

You gotta be pretty brave to fight Jason. 

Gun Media Junior Producer and Community Manager

r80PnFy.gif

My Personal Instagram

CrazyRalph

CrazyRalph

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts
...or dumb...or suicidal...or...

Davidt

Davidt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts

You gotta be pretty brave to fight Jason. 

Like julious in part 8 and then u get your head punched off

PSN - david_tortorici
Steam - charlesleeray2
Posted Image

Thebest41

Thebest41

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
Has anyone seen Randy's periscope streams in one of them it shows for a little bit Kane hodder on his knees in his mocap suit with the girl who mocaps for the female counselors holding a "weapon" over her head about to hit him

Ja1862

Ja1862

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
When you go into Jasons shack he gets a warning "don't let them get me Jason" from his mum

I have gone to jason shack but you can't interact with the head.

My theory is only Tommy can, maybe he can shotgun it making Jason killable since he spawns in the cemetery near the shack.

Maybe Tommy can do something to his mums head, making Jason killable then anyone can kill him

VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow

VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

I hope Jason gets visible damage on him. You could chop Part 3 Jason in the head if you get it right and Jason would "become" the Part 4 Jason just in looks for the axe mark.

Steam User Name: Kakushi Senshi

giphy.gif

Aksana

Aksana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationLimestone town, Sweden

there are hints here and there from the makers. if we just gathered all info in 1 thread we might figure it out but so far most people speculate.

i dont think we will see jason dying for a very long time

Remember it's online but people still get hurt when you are mean

DEATH

DEATH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts
  • LocationEverywhere.

there are hints here and there from the makers. if we just gathered all info in 1 thread we might figure it out but so far most people speculate.

i dont think we will see jason dying for a very long time

The issue is that there isn't any info related to taking Jason down. Only that he can/could be killed. I don't think they'll ever say anything about how it's done and will just leave it for us to figure out. Not that knowing would change your chances of making it happen since even the people who know how it's done can only make it happen 1 in 75 matches. So I'm with you on the "I don't think we will see dying for a very long period."

When you go into Jasons shack he gets a warning "don't let them get me Jason" from his mum

I have gone to jason shack but you can't interact with the head.

My theory is only Tommy can, maybe he can shotgun it making Jason killable since he spawns in the cemetery near the shack.

Maybe Tommy can do something to his mums head, making Jason killable then anyone can kill him

I don't think Tommy is the only one as being able to take out Jason was talked about before they even reached the goal for Tommy, so I'm banking on that you can do it without Tommy.

SomebodyFancy

SomebodyFancy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
It'll be hard to find games with people working together to take Jason out. Most tend to free for all it.

Alexel

Alexel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

There's always a way.

l3q2vCa7u0C6Dmn8Q.gif

We don't have to talk, we don't have to dance, we don't have to smile, we dont have to make friends.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users