lunyspacelord

What do you think it will take to actually kill Jason?

278 posts in this topic

36 minutes ago, Impactedmedal38 said:

Oh I just found Jason's actual death it's pretty lackluster tbh but whatever. 

Wow.....gotta say, I'm a pretty positive person, but this is pretty much BS.  So disappointing to see collusion to the max.  Not real sure why he is so excited over being "world first" when it wasn't a legit kill.  I don't see a group of random players working together to do this. But, hey....to each their own.  Congrats on accomplishing......nothing pure.  

Tyler659 likes this

3 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

Wow.....gotta say, I'm a pretty positive person, but this is pretty much BS.  So disappointing to see collusion to the max.  Not real sure why he is so excited over being "world first" when it wasn't a legit kill.  I don't see a group of random players working together to do this. But, hey....to each their own.  Congrats on accomplishing......nothing pure.  

I wouldn't even call it an accomplishment. Not hard to kill him if he's just standing there.... lame ass' 

SolidusPrime likes this

It is complete BS, but they'll get what they want out of it:  attention/exposure.  Sites like kotaku or destructoid will pick it up.  Maybe they'll get more sheep, er, subscribers.  My first reaction was disappointment and worry that the dynamic of how to play the game would be ruined as random public players would focus on killing Jason, but I've since backed off the ledge.  If the Jason player is even remotely competent, this will be next to impossible.

SolidusPrime likes this

2 minutes ago, SexDrugs&Tea said:

I love how it was discovered by people who don't even know anything about the game.

First girl thinks everyone playing Chad will stop Jason from entering rage mode because of Luck  and second guy is just discovering you can dash lol

haha

That is seriously the stupidest shit ever. Yeah, the likelihood of it actually happening in any normal match is extremely slim but it's so ridiculously easy to do that pretty much anyone who wants that trophy can do with ZERO EFFORT by getting friends together for it.

I knew the friggin' streamers were gonna figure it out before anyone could even play the friggin' game. The devs made this HUGE fuss about keeping it a secret so we could 'find out for ourselves' and then don't even GIVE US THE OPPORTUNITY to do that.

Was it really that hard to tell your EA streamers that a requirement for getting to play early is NOT to try to kill Jason or upload/stream any videos about it? Did they seriously think everyone would be HAPPY to see EA Streamers kill Jason before the game is even launched and anyone who's been theorizing on it for months could even step in and try it themselves? They just seriously killed a huge fun explorative event that a lot of people would have had on launch weekend, because now there's no point. 

Now all you're gonna see is a SHIT ton of people with the Killed Jason trophy/achievement on day 1 just to get it out of the way.

My hype for this game keeps getting thinner and thinner at this point.

30 minutes ago, Mars816 said:

I wouldn't even call it an accomplishment. Not hard to kill him if he's just standing there.... lame ass' 

Agreed

Mars816 likes this

Love how the streamer threw his hands in the air and yelled like he did something cool.

He just staged the shit. And the kill was lackluster to say the least.

1 hour ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

Such BS !  This is what happens when they release to streamers early. They are spoiling for all that want to be surprised ! I can see them doing this for a few streamers but there are tons of them.  Pretty disappointing. I would say the ball has been dropped on this. Now everyone will be running for pamela's sweater !

Sucks that some hipster millennial clown figured it out.

I did think that was the way... something with his mask being off, the sweater being worn and being in the shack, so no surprise really on that.

So if you're Jason you just don't have to go in the Shack and you can never be killed. Basically you'd have to have a great match with getting his mask off at some point. Then s a girl would have to get the sweater. Then the remaining survivors would all have to go to the shack and huddle in there and he'd be forced to go in there to kill you or let time run out...?

The key is the mask being very tough to knock off I believe.

Also does he have a shack in every level?

SolidusPrime likes this

2 minutes ago, Voorhees Lake Hockey said:

What would make it even more rare is to have it on 1 map only?

I don't know.

Probably.

They haven't confirmed if there's more than one way to kill him. I still wanna re create part 6's ending.

I don't want ONLY female counselors to be able to stun Jason for the win condition. Male counselors need something they can do too. This makes it so that only female counselors are worth playing because only they can wear the sweater.

I know, let's say MEN can find a hair cutting/shaving kit(clippers, razors) and shave themselves bald with some eye shadow to look like Jason, how Tommy did in Part IV. Then they can stun Jason for the win condition in their own way. You'd need to be in a bathroom with a sink, mirror, outlet, etc to do it.

I don't want people to ONLY be able to kill Jason inside his shack because that means Jason players will just trap it and avoid entering it when they know counselors are trying to kill him in it. If this method is the only method at launch, I'm ok with it, but there needs to be more ways to kill Jason in the future. We need the rock drowning from part 6, toxic waste barrel from part 8, hanging and stuff like that. Even new methods, like do the stun to get him on his knees and then hit him with an axe or something to make him fall in his empty grave and bury him.

None of the female characters are physically strong though so they have difficulty getting his mask off.

Win condition: Mask off, wear sweater, stun with sweater, drop him to his knees, counselor finishes him off with a weapon (looks like the machete might be the only thing that'll work). Doesn't necessarily have to be in the shack I don't think.

I think it's the male counselor's job to get his mask off, and the female counselors job to deliver the stun.

Even then, it's not permanently killing him. Thankfully for us, Jason can't ever die :) This win condition is going to be difficult to pull off in a full game I'm sure. I'm gonna always put 1 trap at the shack entrance and I always listen carefully, so as soon as I hear the trap snap I'm gonna be right back at the shack killing whoever went near it. That's if they even make it there in the first place before I find them.

Dr B DDS likes this

Now i'm just waiting for some assholes to "stage" a match where they pretend like it's legit but are all in on it and get Jason killed so they can claim "World First" on killing him "legit" and get views.

Promise it's gonna happen. 

26 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I don't want ONLY female counselors to be able to stun Jason for the win condition. Male counselors need something they can do too. This makes it so that only female counselors are worth playing because only they can wear the sweater.

I don't want people to ONLY be able to kill Jason inside his shack because that means Jason players will just trap it and avoid entering it when they know counselors are trying to kill him in it. 

13 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

None of the female characters are physically strong though so they have difficulty getting his mask off.

Win condition: Mask off, wear sweater, stun with sweater, drop him to his knees, counselor finishes him off with a weapon (looks like the machete might be the only thing that'll work). Doesn't necessarily have to be in the shack I don't think.

If these are actually the case then all you would need are a mix of Bugsys and Jennys.  All the other counselors would be unnecessary.  Bugsy to wear him down and Jenny to finish him off.  Im trying to look on the positive side of maybe the sweater won't spawn all the time.  I feel like if that's the case more people will play the game how it was intended, survival horror.  Actually that would work out great I think.  have it be a rare spawn or something so it's not in every single match. 

Ive been avoiding the videos and details on how to do it so sorry if this sounds dumb.  

To be honest it seems difficult to defeat him even knowing the conditions. You gotta get in the shack unnoticed (which isn't really that easy, as Jason's mother tells him when someone goes in there), you gotta get his mask off before using the sweater, and you gotta get the perfect timing with the right combination of players. If I see someone wearing the sweater, I'm just gonna throwing knife them to death, or ambush them when they're alone and take it out of play. Aint no way nobody's using that thing on me unless it's by surprise.

4 minutes ago, Gdain said:

If these are actually the case then all you would need are a mix of Bugsys and Jennys.  All the other counselors would be unnecessary.  Bugsy to wear him down and Jenny to finish him off.  Im trying to look on the positive side of maybe the sweater won't spawn all the time.  I feel like if that's the case more people will play the game how it was intended, survival horror.  Actually that would work out great I think.  have it be a rare spawn or something so it's not in every single match. 

Ive been avoiding the videos and details on how to do it so sorry if this sounds dumb.  

Me too... But I've been thinking about how I might be at a disadvantage if I don't know...

I do find it weird that male counselors cant pull off a key step to killing Jason. Especially since I'm pretty sure Chad wearing the sweater would look more like Mrs. Voorhees than Vanessa wearing the sweater.

Also when Tiffany wears the sweater she looks like she's cosplaying Sexy Mrs. voorhees and I find that hilarious

8 minutes ago, SexDrugs&Tea said:

I do find it weird that male counselors cant pull off a key step to killing Jason. Especially since I'm pretty sure Chad wearing the sweater would look more like Mrs. Voorhees than Vanessa wearing the sweater

Thats a mixed bag right there... People may either always play as girls or they don't so Jason ends up being killed less.

Well, theres nothing saying this is the ONLY way to kill him, is there? So perhaps there is another way that male counselors can do it