lunyspacelord

What do you think it will take to actually kill Jason?

278 posts in this topic

I have had a sneaking suspicion along those exact same lines, IHeartBreakerI. Movie specific kills on specific maps, so long as other requirements are achieved.

I mean...you could not get up to the Higgin's Haven barn upper level in the Beta and they've not said anything at all about it, despite the fact that the videos have shown with a good enough angle that you can see it's modelled up there. May be nothing...may be significant. Or may be nothing. Or... ;)

lHeartBreakerl likes this

57 minutes ago, SexDrugs&Tea said:

I feel like this would be too easy, also everyone that wants to defeat Jason wouldnt help with objectives because they want to stay behind to be the last counselor surviving. And the male counselors wouldnt be able to defeat Jason, Jason is kinda slow but u cant slap a sweater on Brandon and tell him its Pamela xd.

I think the sweater can help in defeating Jason, but I don't think its a necessary step. Im leaning more towards the hurting Pams head somehow, or bringing her back to her grave route

Perhaps it's not the male counselors who can defeat him anyway, it's really tough to figure out what it'll take to defeat him lol. The strongest lead we have is Pamela's sweater at this point :(

39 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

Perhaps it's not the male counselors who can defeat him anyway, it's really tough to figure out what it'll take to defeat him lol. The strongest lead we have is Pamela's sweater at this point :(

I doubt defeating Jason will be gated to certain counselors :/

I think certain steps will have to be followed to make him killable, and then it will be a matter of killing him and maybe "executing him" with the environment wheb his health is low enough.

Of course, one he is killable, having someone distract him with the sweater would be immensely helpful and make killing easier, but I don't think its necessary.

My money's still on the head and the graveyard haha

2 hours ago, Kodiak said:

Theory: Jason can be defeated by the last counsellor alive, once all other possible means of escape have gone.

I seriously hope not. For one, it might encourage people to kill fellow counselors or lead them to death to get the chance to kill Jason. For example, if say, you could chain Jason to a rock in the lake like in Jason Lives, and you and your buddy get the rock in the boat or whatever, but you can't chain it to Jason until one of you is dead, then whoever happens to have a gun on hand is going to win that argument.

It would also mean that the Jason player has nothing to fear up until there's one counselor left and can just plow through the counselors knowing he can't die until there's just one. I think the Jason player needs to feel a sense of urgency and vulnerability to encourage smart tactics.

On 2/15/2017 at 5:49 PM, IronKnight55 said:

Was it like 1 in every 75 matches that the devs were able to kill him?

Yes but that was an earlier build but also remember that at the PAX following the Beta(PAX East? don't remember), Wes said they were surprised how many people escaped Jason. They were surprised that players pulled off tricks that they weren't able to do, like turning at the last second when Jason shifted onto them to avoid his grab. The thing is, the devs play the game pretty casually compared to regular gamers, who by and large play to win by any means, by any cheap trick necessary.

Once the method to killing Jason is out, people are going to be doing it in spades, maybe 1 out of 30 matches instead of 1/75. Then it will get patched to make it harder. Count on it.

Impactedmedal38 likes this

1 minute ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I seriously hope not. For one, it might encourage people to kill fellow counselors or lead them to death to get the chance to kill Jason. For example, if say, you could chain Jason to a rock in the lake like in Jason Lives, and you and your buddy get the rock in the boat or whatever, but you can't chain it to Jason until one of you is dead, then whoever happens to have a gun on hand is going to win that argument.

It would also mean that the Jason player has nothing to fear up until there's one counselor left and can just plow through the counselors knowing he can't die until there's just one. I think the Jason player needs to feel a sense of urgency and vulnerability to encourage smart tactics.

Thats something I fear. But even if all 7 are alive i believe Jason can be killed.

Also, once we know how to kill Jason, every Jason player will intentionally try to avoid certain areas or certain things happening. Like the boat, or the sweater (Just set a trap near Jasons shack). But i guess thats kinda the point. Defeating him isn't really something the devs recommend.

Just now, lHeartBreakerl said:

Thats something I fear. But even if all 7 are alive i believe Jason can be killed.

Also, once we know how to kill Jason, every Jason player will intentionally try to avoid certain areas or certain things happening. Like the boat, or the sweater (Just set a trap near Jasons shack). But i guess thats kinda the point. Defeating him isn't really something the devs recommend.

This is why I hope the method to killing Jason is RNG'd every match so that the Jason player can't predict with absolute certainty how he can be defeated. Or have many methods at once. Perhaps have a boat with a rock AND the "Evil Dead Dagger" AND a convenient barrel of toxic waste on the same map.

3 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

This is why I hope the method to killing Jason is RNG'd every match so that the Jason player can't predict with absolute certainty how he can be defeated. Or have many methods at once. Perhaps have a boat with a rock AND the "Evil Dead Dagger" AND a convenient barrel of toxic waste on the same map.

I wouldn't count on the dagger being in game. I would be shocked.

But hitting him with the trifecta would be a nice touch ;)

Don't get your hopes up killing Jason though. Even the devs said they're able to kill Jason on an average of 1/75 games. And they know how to kill him. We're blind.

Just now, lHeartBreakerl said:

I wouldn't count on the dagger being in game. I would be shocked.

Don't get your hopes up killing Jaosn though. Even the devs said they're able to kill Jason on an average of 1/75 games. And they know how to kill him. We're blind.

The devs also have a much lower skill level than the general populace it seems. They were surprised at how many people survived in the Beta. They didn't anticipate a lot of the survival tactics that players used and discovered because the devs tried to play the game the "right" way instead of the "winning" way. I'm betting that the general populace will kill Jason a hell of a lot more than the devs ever dreamed they could. Then they'll patch it.

Just now, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

The devs also have a much lower skill level than the general populace it seems. They were surprised at how many people survived in the Beta. They didn't anticipate a lot of the survival tactics that players used and discovered because the devs tried to play the game the "right" way instead of the "winning" way. I'm betting that the general populace will kill Jason a hell of a lot more than the devs ever dreamed they could. Then they'll patch it.

You have changed my mind about a particular subject. Congrats. That doesn't happen often.

You're right here. The players will kill Jason eventually, it'll be a lot quicker than the devs anticipate. And once we know how to do it step by step i'm sure it'll happen way more than they anticipated.

.... o mah gawd. This may lead to COUNSELORS OP comments. Actually what am i saying. Those will come anyways. 

We need our own "git gud" sign. With a hockey mask.

1 hour ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

The devs also have a much lower skill level than the general populace it seems. 

Man, not as Jason at least, given the massacres I saw Wes and Ronnie handing out as him in several Beta games :P

I think their general skill is likely very high - it's just good to never underestimate the randomness of the human brain! The player pool got a lot lot bigger with the Beta alone and that means more fresh ideas and crazy-but-it-works moments.

I'm dead certain they'll have more surprises from the players very soon!

7 hours ago, DamonD7 said:

Man, not as Jason at least, given the massacres I saw Wes and Ronnie handing out as him in several Beta games :P

I think their general skill is likely very high - it's just good to never underestimate the randomness of the human brain! The player pool got a lot lot bigger with the Beta alone and that means more fresh ideas and crazy-but-it-works moments.

I'm dead certain they'll have more surprises from the players very soon!

Players in the Beta only had a few days to get acquainted with the game. Let's see how the devs fare against a player base that has had months of practice.

12 hours ago, Kodiak said:

Theory: Jason can be defeated by the last counsellor alive, once all other possible means of escape have gone. If there are no boats, cars or police available, I'm theorising that the last counsellor alive can enter Jason's shack, where Pamela's sweater will become an interactive item. Wearing the sweater will prevent the counsellor from being attacked, allowing the last counsellor alive a short window of time in which Jason can be defeated.

Except that's not what happened in the movie. Jason saw Pamela's head and figured out the ruse, and it was only Paul's attack from behind that distracted Jason enough for Ginny to be able to defeat him. It was a two-person operation, not a sole-survivor winning.

I really doubt that there will be a one-survivor limit on killing Jason. Maybe a 3 person limit (were there any movies with more than 3 survivors? e.g. Jason X had 3 survivors counting KM but not counting the pilot of the shuttle who was an uninvolved outsider. My memory is fuzzy.)

Edit: Also I think that if you manage to kill Jason while sacrificing yourself you should get a really big XP boost to offset the fact that you died. (Maybe by stealing it from Jason's XP -- to deter people from power leveling by Jason intentionally letting himself get killed.)

Again, just a theory using what concrete info I've got so far. It might not be exactly right, or hey it might actually be the case - none of us are gonna know until Friday :) But even if it's not the exact method, I'm sure it might give some incentive for people to start formulating new theories from.

A streamer found out how to kill Jason but there's a bug in the game Wes said that prevents its. 

you can see all the necessary steps. It seems only girls can kill him. 

I knew I was right. Girls wear the sweater, then someone hits him whilst he's stunned to bring him down on one knee. Then a second player with a weapon (might have to be a machete) presses E and that's it, not sure if it has to be Tommy or not. I hope so, because otherwise this is too easy of a win condition. Wear sweater, hit him, press E and game over.

2 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

I knew I was right. Girls wear the sweater, then someone hits him whilst he's stunned to bring him down on one knee. Then a second player with a weapon (might have to be a machete) presses E and that's it, not sure if it has to be Tommy or not. I hope so, because otherwise this is too easy of a win condition. Wear sweater, hit him, press E and game over.

Seems pretty simple to me idk why they made it seems like this grand event. I see killing Jason pretty easy.

Is it really something to brag about though? World first, sure but you did by cheating, actually finding it out in a real game without collaborating with jason would be an achievement. I was never fussed to be honest knowing about it but I understand why people are upset that streamers have gotten the chance to do it before backers and now may have ruined it for them. 

This is so disappointing. That people found out within the first two fucking days that streamers got in. I didn't want a spoiler but I couldn't resist. Im very disappointed in this. Entire 7 man teams of survivors are going to troll killer... this seems a bit too easy. Granted the Jason was obviously working with them and it was a giant group of them just farming out how to do it but still. It's kinda ridiculous nonetheless. 

1 minute ago, Daveo said:

Any chance they may change how to kill jason with a patch before release or in the future?

Hopefully, they change up where you get this "sweater" that im hearing. Make it only machete and reduce the amount of machetes around. Or maybe each Jason has a different win condition. 

Daveo likes this

2 minutes ago, LordxSesshomaru said:

Hopefully, they change up where you get this "sweater" that im hearing. Make it only machete and reduce the amount of machetes around. Or maybe each Jason has a different win condition. 

Seems like the smart thing to do, hopefully it happens. 

Yep the procedure to kill Jason has been found out, but its pretty irrelevant. Anyone can do it in a coordinated effort with Jason.

The REAL props will go to the first one to pull it off in an actual game. THATS going to be crazy.

I think the best way to kill Jason is by releasing the game early to streamers who don't care about the game and let them cheat by playing the game incorrectly to deliberately figure it out.

Did I say Jason? I mean the game. 

Ja1862 likes this

2 minutes ago, Nothingface said:

Yep the procedure to kill Jason has been found out, but its pretty irrelevant. Anyone can do it in a coordinated effort with Jason.

The REAL props will go to the first one to pull it off in an actual game. THATS going to be crazy.

I would like this post but I ran out of likes ;)