lunyspacelord

What do you think it will take to actually kill Jason?

278 posts in this topic

Edited quote.

^you may be right...BUT if that was possible in the beta someone wouldve found SOMETHING. Hundreds of people played it. Constantly. With that being said people are smart this day and age. Were not as slow and naive as we were in the 80s. We have 2 year olds that can operate ps3s, tablets, and cellphones. So if that was possible in the beta and noone found anything, perhaps the beta showed that killing Jason is TOO HARD. Maybe they should take that into account.

I thought the same thing, but that tells me it's going to be very specific circumstances and you can't rush it. I mean we're talking about something that even those that know how to make it happen could only do it 1 in 75 matches. So even with all of us playing we still have no idea what those specific circumstances are.

One thing to note is that each Jason may have a different kill procedure.

Maybe VI has something to do with Jarvis, II has something to do with Pamela, III has something to do with Jenny?

There are so many things that could be part of the procedure(s) so its easy to believe that no-one was able to get more than 1 or two steps into it, without even noticing.

For instance, as Jenny, I knocked off Jason's mask in my first match and then died when he recovered. Maybe my actions triggered something in the level, or for my character. If it was for my character specifically, I never got a chance to find out. If it was something in level, would anyone have noticed? They were busy getting car parts, looking for the phone or being dead. 

Hypothetically, and I'm just talking out of my ass here, you have to knock off his mask, then bring gasoline to the his shack and are able to interact with the shrine to pour gas on it. Then the same player who knocked off the mask has to use a flare or firecracker to burn it down, which removes the protective aura around Jason and now he needs to be beaten up. This would require way more damage then a survivor could take, but enough to bring him down. 8-10 axe or bat hits and shotgun blasts. You could also run him down with the car now, instead of being stopped, you send him flying and stun him, proceed to beat him up.

Now I know the above is a steaming pile, so just humour me; in that instance you require several good weapons with a couple strong players handy, and wasting good resources that could be used to escape on this plan instead.

This requires someone to stand up to Jason long enough and with enough damage to remove mask (and survive!) then meet with someone else to find Gas and other supplies to run all the way out there to his shack (which is at a randomized location) then spend a decent chunk of time in his shack (where he is alerted to go). Then you need several people organized enough to have good weapons (plus extras as they will probably break)  and awareness to form a sort of hunting party. This also requires Jason to sort of be bumbling about without killing too many people and sort of minding his own business until the hunt is ready, then being a terrible killer and allowing this much damage to land without immediately dispatching anyone with the audacity to stand up to him. 

If that scenario was real, do you see how hard it would be to produce these results? You'd need an elite survivor squad with lucky item finds and bumbling drooling fool of a Jason. 

Maybe its easier to do, maybe its harder, but it probably has seemingly unrelated events tied together that could be easy to miss.

BTW, did anyone ever bring a gas tank or battery to the shack? Did anyone ever fire a shotgun at a gas tank? Love to know if that could be used as an IED.

If it was possible to kill Jason in the beta, then it was too difficult or too cryptic to figure out. Something tells me of all the ways to kill Jason, only ONE of them may have been in the beta and it was so obscure that no one would even think to look for it where it was. They say they could kill Jason 1 out of every 75 matches, but that is with a group of people that knows every nook and cranny and every teeny little line of code in order to make it happen. Without giving us ANY clue at all, no one will kill Jason, ever.

It is important that Jason fear the counselors killing him. Jason needs an option for failure beyond simply letting too many people escape. It will create a sense of urgency if Jason knows that he can die and that anyone can do it.

There is such a thing as making a game TOO difficult. If there is a way to kill Jason, I disagree with locking it to particular counselors or making it so only the last counselor can kill Jason. EVERYONE needs to be able to kill Jason. And if we need to lower Jason's "health" by attacking him and/or knocking his mask off, then they better make combat more viable by letting counselors block Jason's grab. There's no point to combat at all if Jason can grab you no matter what.

Killing Jason is an option but the goal is to escape. If it were easy people would be trying to kill Jason instead of escaping. I think it detracts from the game if the element of fear and hopelessness is removed and makes it kind of dull. Just my opinion.

Gdain, TWarner and RandallFlagg like this

Killing Jason is an option but the goal is to escape. If it were easy people would be trying to kill Jason instead of escaping. I think it detracts from the game if the element of fear and hopelessness is removed and makes it kind of dull. Just my opinion.

Yes, killing Jason should be difficult, but not difficult to the point that it would be so hard to find the "pieces of the puzzle" that it would be nigh impossible/improbable to ever find or use them in a match. Nor should it be that there would be conditions that counselors would "miss out on," to the point that if one "piece of the puzzle" is lost or otherwise unavailable, that the counselors would be screwed and would be better off giving up. I think anyone should be able to kill Jason at any point in the match, whether they are the last counselor or not, and one person should be able to do it by themselves(of course it would be more difficult than if teamwork was used), and of course it should be hard, but not so hard to the point that it would never ever happen unless Jason lets them do it.

This. It would seem to me that a 1 in 75 chance of killing Jason (Again assuming you know how it's done) still isn't a good chance. So that then makes escape a bigger priority than trying to take Jason down. Which is also what they've been saying for while now. You can take Jason down, but escape is your primary objective.
Aksana likes this

I'm thinking that maybe killing Jason is going to be some random match event. Like say at the start of a match there is a message that says, "send Jason to Hell" or "revenge" or something along that line. Maybe Someone spawns as Tommy and that would give the indication Jason is more vulnerable during this match. This could change up gameplay for that one match and make it so that people just don't go running around every match trying to find stuff that may or may not kill Jason and focus on survival. Thoughts?

So they've confirmed you can kill him but until they say how or i've seen it ima assume they're lieing because someone would have been bound to find it by now unless it's super specific and complicated

But i decided to have some theroies/theorize anyways...

I think it has something to do with his mother's head considering for some reason she tells jason when theyre with her but that isnt a victory condition to do something to her head so there might be a way to kill him that has to do with the head or else why would they record her requesting him to stop them from messing with her considering it has no functional purpose and there's no other reason to say they're there anyways considering they can just hide anywhere else instead of in there so if they did it because they didnt want them to hide somewhere why not just have the mom say when someones hiding somewhere just sitting there for to long so there is no reason for her to mention the fact that they are in there with the head unless it has some sort of signifigant purpose like being involved in jason being killed which seems like the logical one considering thats the only victory we havent found that's in game yet

thats just my thoughts i personally just dont believe them anymore about the killing jason thing

Stop theories please, Jason can die, YES, but it just that him is able to deal a lot of damage that is nearly impossible to kill him, ok?

Stop theories please, Jason can die, YES, but it just that him is able to deal a lot of damage that is nearly impossible to kill him, ok?

Forums are for discussion and theorising. ???? You have zero idea how Jason will be dispatched.

Forums are for discussion and theorising. ???? You have zero idea how Jason will be dispatched.

Uh huh. You trap him in a bear trap and shoot him in his unmasked face. Or did you miss that little theory of theirs.

I don't think it was possible to kill Jason in the beta of it was they would have said so lol

Once the game comes out I will be playing on my Xbox One I will try to kill him in a private match who wants to try killing him with me?

RandallFlagg likes this

All I know is that they won't make it that easy to kill Jason as it would just ruin the game for everyone and completely fold their entire design...

The conditions and method to kill him are going to be so obtuse and difficult it won't even be a viable option in a random match as it will require too much team work to accomplish. The only way people are going to ever get to kill him is by boosting it in a private match for an achievement... as lame as that's going to be.

I bet people will have it figured out in a matter of days after release. The tutorial videos will be flying up all over Youtube and the mystique behind the entire thing will be crushed by internet geeks.

It's almost not even worth making him killable honestly... maybe back 20 years ago I'd say go for it but in today's age, nothing is sacred any more.

I assume it can only be done as Tommy whatever the steps are, just to make it more difficult.

I'm hoping all of the counselor's will be able to kill Jason. Imagine how awesome it would be to take Jason out using Deborah! xD  

I'm hoping all of the counselor's will be able to kill Jason. Imagine how awesome it would be to take Jason out using Deborah! xD  

When you call for Tommy, you can hear the dialogue of the counselors. They say that they are calling for someone to come kill Jason and stop him. So I think it's definitely going to be something that Tommy can do to kill Jason.

When you call for Tommy, you can hear the dialogue of the counselors. They say that they are calling for someone to come kill Jason and stop him. So I think it's definitely going to be something that Tommy can do to kill Jason.

You're probably right.  

I don't think it was possible to kill Jason in the beta of it was they would have said so lol

Once the game comes out I will be playing on my Xbox One I will try to kill him in a private match who wants to try killing him with me?

While they heven't come right out and said it, they have implied heavily that he could be killed in the beta. In a tweet they said their server analytics showed that nobody killed him. Why would they track something that wasn't possible? If it isn't in then of course nobody did it and there would be no reason to even bring that info up.