lunyspacelord

What do you think it will take to actually kill Jason?

278 posts in this topic

Geez, it's Friday the 13th "The Game" it's a videogame, it might be fun to play it.

Yes, but they have been very clear that it's stiil a Friday the 13th experience and that they are staying close to the movies. Sorry if that doesn't sound fun, but that's a personal problem.

Yes, but they have been very clear that it's stiil a Friday the 13th experience and that they are staying close to the movies. Sorry if that doesn't sound fun, but that's a personal problem.

Ok every single detail from the movies must be added. Geez...

Think its pretty obvious that Pam's head will play a role in killing Jason..

There needs to be a payoff for entering his shack even though Pam warns hin about it, otherwise whats the point of the shack. I think to much work went into and the mechanic of having Pam warn Jason for it to be a simple easter egg

Pam warns Jason to not let them get her or something to that effect. The head may be an interactable in the actual game, the effect of taking the head if possible could be the start of how to kill him, or the green light in the cemetery.

TWarner and SexDrugs&Tea like this

I like that idea CrazyRalph, maybe we combine both of them!

You need to steal Pam's head and bury it in the cemetary, so she stops telling Jason to get back up and giving him advice. If you accomplish these tasks, he becomes killable without Pam's guidance, so you'd need to hit him till he loses the mask and then till he dies

CrazyRalph likes this

Ok every single detail from the movies must be added. Geez...

I don't think you understand what I'm saying. When the game comes out you try your way all you want even though it's stupid. You will fail because the few clues that have been given indicate that you will fail. Period.
CrazyRalph likes this

I don't think you understand what I'm saying. When the game comes out you try your way all you want even though it's stupid. You will fail because the few clues that have been given indicate that you will fail. Period.

I think you just don't understand gameplay, you are taking this so serious, if you are trying to give an opinion about to kill Jason, try to tell us how to do it into the game not the movie.

This is the thing...the devs KNOW how to kill him, yet they stated in playtests they could only do it 1 time out of like 75...so that leads me to believe that its not some simple do this then that 123 formula. There must bexalot of steps or tasks to do, or something extremely hard to accomplish without getting killed. I do think unmasking is a step involved in it though.

We are talking about the movies here. In the movies there was no item found in bushes to kill Jason. Unless you count that one time the final girl found the sweater in a bush... Oh wait that didn't happen.

My point is that taking down Jason is going to similar to how it was done in the movies. These guys aren't just going to come up with some arbitrary way of beating Jason when they've said they're staying close to the movies.

i know the sweater was on the shrine but they would have to hide it in the woods

One thing to consider is that perhaps they managed to kill Jadon so few times is because they had all become proficient Jasons.

Lets say stealing Pam's head is a step, well a good Jason will morph to the shack as soon as he gets Pams warning and as we saw from the beta, even if he found 7 counselors there trying to achieve this step, he'd still win 1 v 7..

The developers have talked a lot about this game having to do with teamwork. I don't think it's going to have to do with people gathering objects to use to defeat Jason. If it was that easy people would be looking for these items during the match instead of trying to escape. It would turn into a let's kill Jason game instead of survive. Jason is not a bot but an actual player, so you can't really trick him into the lake to get a rock around his neck. It has to have to do with some element of surprising Jason. What about after Jasons mask is knocked off and say he's got a counselor and he's trying to use his finishing move, another player, who would have to be already hurt all bloody and limping, comes out of hiding with a machete or ax and can take down Jason with a blow to the head or something. It's pretty out there but it's a thought. There is also the final girl/guy theory of the last survivor showdown with Jason we talked about before, but that would mean that Jason would be killed possibly 50% of the matches, not really a rarity. I just can't think of anything that wouldn't deter from the survival aspect of gameplay.

i know the sweater was on the shrine but they would have to hide it in the woods

Nah. I do think the sweater is a possibility, but I'm pretty sure it's meant to be in that shack. My theory is this: You will have to knock his mask off, but then you're going to need to be the last counselor alive (and here's where shit gets fuzzy since I'm not sure if it can be done with any counselor or only one that fits the "final girl" trope) I don't know if others can escape or if they have to be dead, but you have to be the last one still on the map, you would then need to interact with the sweater which would sort of stun Jason opening him up to attack. Now even that may be too simple and there are more steps in between, but that's what I think.

I like that idea CrazyRalph, maybe we combine both of them!

You need to steal Pam's head and bury it in the cemetary, so she stops telling Jason to get back up and giving him advice. If you accomplish these tasks, he becomes killable without Pam's guidance, so you'd need to hit him till he loses the mask and then till he dies

I like this idea! But you also need to find a shovel but if you all work as a team and finally kill him the stats reward is huge!
SexDrugs&Tea likes this

Hey Sanetsuken,your comment look interesting but i feel like you are putting too much toughts into this.

Killing Jason will probably be much simpler,like either damaging him to a certain point or using a specific kind of trap.

I don't think it will be quite that simple. The devs have hinted at it being a bit complicated. Besides, if it was simple that would be where everyone would head starting the game; car and cops be damned.

I know during the beta some guys tried to kill Jason by mass damage and it never worked. So I expect there's much more to it than that.

Gdain likes this

They said it wasnt possible to kill Jason in the beta.

No they didn't. They said their server analytics said that nobody did it. Why would they track something that wasn't possible?

Taking down his health is one step, there's something in his shack since his mother warns Jason when a counselor is nearby, whether it's Jason's mother herself or the axe that's always in it I couldn't find out. There's always an axe in the graveyard too, but I couldn't interact with Pamela's tombstone in any way, or destroy it. Devs hinted there's something on the island but other than the shack that spawns there sometimes there's nothing I could find. 

It's not like even fighting Jason was easy, not because of his high health, but because the combat mechanics were incredibly exploitable as Jason since he could grab you no matter what, and he could avoid swings by simply doing a quick 360 and then doing whatever to the counselor when they're in that animation period. 

So...if nothing was interactable in Jasons shack, there was no sweater,there was nothing you could do in the cemetery, but killing Jason in the beta was possible, than NONE of those things have anything to do with killing him.

So...if nothing was interactable in Jasons shack, there was no sweater,there was nothing you could do in the cemetery, but killing Jason in the beta was possible, than NONE of those things have anything to do with killing him.

Someone has finally understand how gameplay is.

Well, not necessarily. There could be a chain of events that have to be performed in a certain order to make objects interactable. That way you don't just have people cutting a b-line for them at the start like car parts.

So say maybe you need to knock off the mask to get a certain thingy to spawn. Then you get the certain thingy to make the sweater interactable, then something, something, something else. So it becomes a sequenced chain of events. Total speculation of course.

^you may be right...BUT if that was possible in the beta someone wouldve found SOMETHING. Hundreds of people played it. Constantly. With that being said people are smart this day and age. Were not as slow and naive as we were in the 80s. We have 2 year olds that can operate ps3s, tablets, and cellphones. So if that was possible in the beta and noone found anything, perhaps the beta showed that killing Jason is TOO HARD. Maybe they should take that into account.

^you may be right...BUT if that was possible in the beta someone wouldve found SOMETHING. Hundreds of people played it. Constantly. With that being said people are smart this day and age. Were not as slow and naive as we were in the 80s. We have 2 year olds that can operate ps3s, tablets, and cellphones. So if that was possible in the beta and noone found anything, perhaps the beta showed that killing Jason is TOO HARD. Maybe they should take that into account.

Not sure if it was there or not but yeah, it should be pretty damn hard to pull off a kill. But I wouldn't sweat it too much either way. Like you said, these days people are crafty. It won't be out of release for a week before somebody crawls through the game files and finds what they need to do it. I give it a week or less before someone pulls it off. On that part I think the devs  might be severely underestimating what players will do to pull something off, and those kill rates will probably be much higher than they intended them to be.

I like how I got this thread going again today lol but no really it's fun all the ideas but who will crack the code? Will it be "crazyRalph" or "Death" or will it be "David" or perhaps "Jpops"

I like how I got this thread going again today lol but no really it's fun all the ideas but who will crack the code? Will it be "crazyRalph" or "Death" or will it be "David" or perhaps "Jpops"

Not me only way i will find out how to kill jason is when someone posts a video on youtube lol

RandallFlagg and CrazyRalph like this