Photo

What do you think it will take to actually kill Jason?

• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

lunyspacelord

lunyspacelord

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
It's all in the title. Speculate away

ResolutionBlaze

ResolutionBlaze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts
  • LocationMinnesota
Well I think Jason is actually afflicted by a curse that keeps him from dying.

So it's impossible unless the world explodes.

I swear I'm not half as angry as I seem to be.

Please give me one star to help cure the new form of cancer called ResolutionBlaze

Check out Unlucky 7, rebooted after three long years of silence!  http://store.steampo...com/app/579120/

Juez

Juez

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationSpain

Well I think Jason is actually afflicted by a curse that keeps him from dying.

So it's impossible unless the world explodes.

Well, in jason X the world has destroyed and Jason in the final go to other world with your mask xd  ( i mean, jason regenerate from the cells in the mask ) xd

I so sorry for my English !

IkJcsRh.gif

Impactedmedal38

Impactedmedal38

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
I feel like their will be multiple ways to kill. I'm going to guess that you can kill him like in the movies. Ex: Axe to the head in part 3, or maybe "drowning"in part 6 )

Austin.JM

Austin.JM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
I'm sure there will be multiple ways to kill him some easier then others but all difficult but I'm assuming of Jason honestly takes like a shit ton of damage the whole match from counselors doing various things with weapons and traps and whatever else can hurt him he will eventually die and in one of those short vids they had been realising it was only a few seconds long but it was the athletic girl standing injured with a weapon in hand with Jason lying unconscious in the door way the the caption they put on the video was "Guys, I think I got him...FUUUCCKK" and Jason sat up and scared the player and counselor so he must have a health limit maybe the zombie Jason's take less damage and the alive ones can take more but that's why the are weapons it supposed to make u a little but harder for Jason to take down but if u coordinate other ways to injure him and counselors attack him and trap him and etc eventually he will die

CrazyRalph

CrazyRalph

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts
Where is that video you speak of?

Sanetsuken

Sanetsuken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationNorway

Well let's see. I'm going to assume that there's some sort of ritual to it.

The devs stated that it's supposedly a secret how to do, and even if you do know how it should be hard to pull off, borderline impossible, and i'm also assuming that this takes into account all 7 counselors working towards it. So that means once you're wittled down to 1-3 survivors it will be deemed impossible to do, there might even be some sort of mechanic that outright hinders you to do it because of a lack of people, but i digress.

The main mechanic for killing jason (i assume) has something to do with the shrine for pamela.

First up, the potential things you can do to the shrine. Depending on what version they run with, the shrine can contain several things.

• Bodies
  • The shrine itself (obviously)
  • The sweater
  • A particular type of machete
  • The head
  • The body
  • The gravestone

Now, pamela was laid to rest, but maybe in the game one of the requirements to trigger jason's death will be to bury pamela proper. In order to do that you'd have to find the gravestone, the body and the head.

The gravestone and body might require strenght characters, which would in itself promote diverse usage of characters (so the 7 jocks meta would only be used by meme streamers who deserve to fail anyways, BUT I DIGRESS)

So, you find an empty plot in a graveyard, bring the body, head and tombstone there and put it all together. After the body is laid down and all that you have to spend some time filling the grave with dirt, a cumbersome and long task so it fits well with making it a hard thing to do.

Now, the reason i'm thinking along these lines is that it's a common thing to think that a soul will rest once buried properly according to their faith or whatever. So by burying the body proper, pamela's voice will leave jason. This can either be done subtly, so the jason player has to pick up on it by the lack of words, or she has some sort of death scream to alert jason fully to what's going on.

Now, the sweater, shrine and potentially machete i'm more unsure of. Do they get destroyed or used? The machete could be the main kiling weapon, but i don't believe that. The sweater could be used for a temporary distraction until you don't need it (making it the last part to be destroyed) while the shrine itself just needs to get wrecked. Jason as far as i recall brought some bodies to the shrine as well (tribute?) so it fits well within the gameplay goals to need something to burn them as well, or otherwise dispose of.

Now, the act of killing jason i would assume is more a case of  taking away the immortality, then finish off as you see fit. Jason isn't invulnerable during gameplay (as shown by the short gif showing him sitting up after being knocked down, and from adam sessler's gameplay explanation tidbits earlier this year). 

This would also go well with being able to call in tommy jarvis, as he's readily equipped with a shotgun to finish the job almost immediately (where applicable), so there's "suddenly" a reason to wait before using the radio, making it an issue of timing and giving an extra layer to gameplay. This would also sorta work for the cops if they are physical npc's but i wouldn't hold my breath on that part.

I might write some more after my head clears up, work and stuff takes its toll and all that but it's my very loose theory for now anyways. Hopefully the gist is there for you all to grasp well enough to get my point across.

• Aksana likes this

BETA GONE

RELEASE WHEN

The80s

The80s

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

I'm sure nothing in the game will fully or truly kill him, but I'm sure there's going to be several different ways to incapacitate him to win the match. Most of which probably involve trapping him and/or doing something to significantly injure him, giving everyone plenty of time to escape. 

Forum Signature violation

Aksana

Aksana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationLimestone town, Sweden

Well let's see. I'm going to assume that there's some sort of ritual to it.

The devs stated that it's supposedly a secret how to do, and even if you do know how it should be hard to pull off, borderline impossible, and i'm also assuming that this takes into account all 7 counselors working towards it. So that means once you're wittled down to 1-3 survivors it will be deemed impossible to do, there might even be some sort of mechanic that outright hinders you to do it because of a lack of people, but i digress.

The main mechanic for killing jason (i assume) has something to do with the shrine for pamela.

First up, the potential things you can do to the shrine. Depending on what version they run with, the shrine can contain several things.

• Bodies
  • The shrine itself (obviously)
  • The sweater
  • A particular type of machete
  • The head
  • The body
  • The gravestone

Now, pamela was laid to rest, but maybe in the game one of the requirements to trigger jason's death will be to bury pamela proper. In order to do that you'd have to find the gravestone, the body and the head.

The gravestone and body might require strenght characters, which would in itself promote diverse usage of characters (so the 7 jocks meta would only be used by meme streamers who deserve to fail anyways, BUT I DIGRESS)

So, you find an empty plot in a graveyard, bring the body, head and tombstone there and put it all together. After the body is laid down and all that you have to spend some time filling the grave with dirt, a cumbersome and long task so it fits well with making it a hard thing to do.

Now, the reason i'm thinking along these lines is that it's a common thing to think that a soul will rest once buried properly according to their faith or whatever. So by burying the body proper, pamela's voice will leave jason. This can either be done subtly, so the jason player has to pick up on it by the lack of words, or she has some sort of death scream to alert jason fully to what's going on.

Now, the sweater, shrine and potentially machete i'm more unsure of. Do they get destroyed or used? The machete could be the main kiling weapon, but i don't believe that. The sweater could be used for a temporary distraction until you don't need it (making it the last part to be destroyed) while the shrine itself just needs to get wrecked. Jason as far as i recall brought some bodies to the shrine as well (tribute?) so it fits well within the gameplay goals to need something to burn them as well, or otherwise dispose of.

Now, the act of killing jason i would assume is more a case of  taking away the immortality, then finish off as you see fit. Jason isn't invulnerable during gameplay (as shown by the short gif showing him sitting up after being knocked down, and from adam sessler's gameplay explanation tidbits earlier this year). 

This would also go well with being able to call in tommy jarvis, as he's readily equipped with a shotgun to finish the job almost immediately (where applicable), so there's "suddenly" a reason to wait before using the radio, making it an issue of timing and giving an extra layer to gameplay. This would also sorta work for the cops if they are physical npc's but i wouldn't hold my breath on that part.

I might write some more after my head clears up, work and stuff takes its toll and all that but it's my very loose theory for now anyways. Hopefully the gist is there for you all to grasp well enough to get my point across.

hi, you're not all off but go read the Final Girl / Guy thread! 

we got a hint to something there you might find interesting

• TheFinalGay likes this

Remember it's online but people still get hurt when you are mean

TheFinalGay

TheFinalGay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts

I think the main thing missing from this topic is the fact we know from the voice line files that some voice lines (such as "I know you can die Jason" from deborah) are activated by being the person to knock Jason's mask off.

Thats why i think killing Jason will be a 2 part affair :

1) Knocking Jason's mask off. Im guessing this happens when shooting or hitting Jason after he has taken a tremendous amount of damage over the course of the match.

2) A situational map-specific kill. Baiting the weakened unmasked Jason to an area where the kill can happen, and trapping him and executing the kill (packanack Lodge = Jason's shack, and a female counselor putting on Pamela's sweater, another one finishing him off; Crystal Lake = baiting him to the Lake, preparing a boulder, trapping Jason and attaching the boulder to him; Higgins Haven = the Barn, trapping Jason, hanging him and finishing him off)

• The Arrogant Man and Aksana like this

Sikboy1029

Sikboy1029

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

I assume one of the kills is trapping him at the bottom of Crystal Lake

350d47aac6ac46dec6bc882d9075fdf6.jpg

Now hows about the old smash n bash, YEAH!

CrazyRalph

CrazyRalph

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts
I get what they were trying to do but im sorry, trapping Jason with a beartrap is one of the most ludicrous things Ive heard.

FreakyFrank1

FreakyFrank1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • LocationCanada,Quebec

Hey Sanetsuken,your comment look interesting but i feel like you are putting too much toughts into this.

Killing Jason will probably be much simpler,like either damaging him to a certain point or using a specific kind of trap.

'Good,Bad,im the guy with the gun'.

DamonD7

DamonD7

Some kind of goober

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts
  • LocationTavistock, Devon, UK

I'm feeling accumulation, like it'll have to be from him having taken a lot of hits and incapacitation damage to gradually wear him down to the point where some big stunt (or two) can take him out.

For nearly all the films this is the case, where Jason isn't taken out by one thing out of the blue and it's a wearing down process.

What makes it difficult is that you need the luck for the counselors to get good weapons/traps early on, to be able to use them on him right, to be in the right places and all that jazz. I feel random luck will be an element of this, so that you don't end up with the boring scenario of "game starts, everyone run here, everyone hit Jason in this order, win".

BlackWidowofLaPorte

BlackWidowofLaPorte

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

I think the main thing missing from this topic is the fact we know from the voice line files that some voice lines (such as "I know you can die Jason" from deborah) are activated by being the person to knock Jason's mask off.

1) Knocking Jason's mask off. Im guessing this happens when shooting or hitting Jason after he has taken a tremendous amount of damage over the course of the match.

2) A situational map-specific kill. Baiting the weakened unmasked Jason to an area where the kill can happen, and trapping him and executing the kill (packanack Lodge = Jason's shack, and a female counselor putting on Pamela's sweater, another one finishing him off; Crystal Lake = baiting him to the Lake, preparing a boulder, trapping Jason and attaching the boulder to him; Higgins Haven = the Barn, trapping Jason, hanging him and finishing him off)

Cool idea in theory, but if that's the case, then most Jason players will learn pretty fast not to get baited into those certain areas.

JBSLICK33

JBSLICK33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts
Atleast 1 honey badger. ;)
PS4: JBSLICK33

DemonKoopa

DemonKoopa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

I think it depends on which Jason 

like the humans and the undeads...

200.gif

Watch me Swooce right in

Sanetsuken

Sanetsuken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationNorway

hi, you're not all off but go read the Final Girl / Guy thread! 

we got a hint to something there you might find interesting

Atleast link me the relevant parts...

edit: so i read the thread, and i don't know what your point is. All i could gather from it was that some people want diversity for the sake of diversity and no other reason that actually improves gameplay,.

Would be a bad idea. Jason's mask? sure, but accumulating damage or being reliant on an area to get the kill is only going to be effective a few times in the beginning. once players are aware of what needs to be done, nobody would go near the dangerous areas as jason unless they wanted to give the counselors an advantage. Which is just bad.

Hey Sanetsuken,your comment look interesting but i feel like you are putting too much toughts into this.

Killing Jason will probably be much simpler,like either damaging him to a certain point or using a specific kind of trap.

Accumulating damage is the worst kind of idea. The worst.

I'm feeling accumulation, like it'll have to be from him having taken a lot of hits and incapacitation damage to gradually wear him down to the point where some big stunt (or two) can take him out.

For nearly all the films this is the case, where Jason isn't taken out by one thing out of the blue and it's a wearing down process.

What makes it difficult is that you need the luck for the counselors to get good weapons/traps early on, to be able to use them on him right, to be in the right places and all that jazz. I feel random luck will be an element of this, so that you don't end up with the boring scenario of "game starts, everyone run here, everyone hit Jason in this order, win".

See above. Also when the devs  state that it's supposed to be difficult, i can't even imagine it's that simple. That's not difficulty, and it turns the matches into "get armed, get aggressive". That's not the spirit of the series at all imo.

BETA GONE

RELEASE WHEN

VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow

VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

I seriously hope that Jason is not completely invulnerable outside of "kill moves" done by counselors. I mean, if Jason is idle and all the counselors are hitting him with axes, crowbars, hammers, etc, is he just going to stand there unfazed?

Steam User Name: Kakushi Senshi

giphy.gif

Sanetsuken

Sanetsuken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationNorway

I seriously hope that Jason is not completely invulnerable outside of "kill moves" done by counselors. I mean, if Jason is idle and all the counselors are hitting him with axes, crowbars, hammers, etc, is he just going to stand there unfazed?

No, he gets knocked down and out for a while. As presented by the gif.

I mean i wouldn't completely deny that he can die by overwhelming damage, but it shouldn't be viable to do aside from your example there...

BETA GONE

RELEASE WHEN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users