Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wes

Let's Take a Peek at A.J. Mason - The Rocker Girl

19 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

Just wanted to get you an update on AJ. We've had a horrible time trying to get her hair to cooperate. It's still not where we want it, as there's a shader thing that's bothering me. But we'll get there. But here's your peek. Enjoy!

http://imgur.com/a/Dat7O

It's good to know you guys are still working on her hair. Honestly the hair dye kind of looks odd trying to match with her look.

In the final concept art of her everything blends well. The brown hair looked a bit lighter but I believe the problem is with

the purple hair dye. It's not covering her whole bangs, I feel if you can do that and keep the light from making it look odd

and making it disappear in certain places, the purple hair dye, then she will look on par like the art.

I do believe the colors on the model blend well, it's just where you are putting the colors where I think is the problem at.

When I reference something I want to stay true to the original picture, of course you guys don't have to go by how the

picture is colored but I do prefer the color placements in the concept art then how the model is looking.

Also I see layers of white and purple for dye on her brown hair. I feel it would be good doing the colors side by side going

towards the back of her hair, like in the final art piece of her.

Purple dye - Full bangs and hair strands near her cheeks/face.

White dye- The mid back of her hair, right beside the purple dye. Pretty much her profile side.

An the rest is the original hair color she has.

I love art an drew and colored as a kid, I'm 22 yrs old now.

I rather give a honest opinion I have and not seem like I'm band wagoning, but everything about her is really good though. ^^*~

It's good to know you guys are still working on her hair. Honestly the hair dye kind of looks odd trying to match with her look.

In the final concept art of her everything blends well. The brown hair looked a bit lighter but I believe the problem is with

the purple hair dye. It's not covering her whole bangs, I feel if you can do that and keep the light from making it look odd

and making it disappear in certain places, the purple hair dye, then she will look on par like the art.

I do believe the colors on the model blend well, it's just where you are putting the colors where I think is the problem at.

When I reference something I want to stay true to the original picture, of course you guys don't have to go by how the

picture is colored but I do prefer the color placements in the concept art then how the model is looking.

Also I see layers of white and purple for dye on her brown hair. I feel it would be good doing the colors side by side going

towards the back of her hair, like in the final art piece of her.

Purple dye - Full bangs and hair strands near her cheeks/face.

White dye- The mid back of her hair, right beside the purple dye. Pretty much her profile side.

An the rest is the original hair color she has.

I love art an drew and colored as a kid, I'm 22 yrs old now.

I rather give a honest opinion I have and not seem like I'm band wagoning, but everything about her is really good though. ^^*~

I agree. The placement of the highlights make her hair look weird.