wes

How Will "Leveling Up" Work in the Beta?

45 posts in this topic

Thanks for that info Wes. I won't have access to Beta because I don't have a laptop capable to run the game but I will glued to youtube though. LOL! With that being said, I have some Beta keys I can give away if anyone is interested. :)

This guy right here would be super awesome if I could have a beta key !!

God i don't even care anymore, i just need it so i can burn the files to a disc, make it into a smoothie and inject it in my veins*

Like jesus christ and every other deity of choice, i just want to play it.

Like christ.

God.

Come the fuck on.

*Will not actually do that

Sounds good, definitely something well worth broadcasting loudly when the Beta actually comes out as well.

Make it as plain and clear as possible that, no, this isn't some beta-but-the-game-is-out-next-month deal, it's a proper ol' Beta and getting the feedback is going to be crucial to shaping the game.

I wasn't actually expecting that unlockables can be chosen expenditures; I was thinking more you'd get something by hitting a level, but it's more of a 'shop' approach. Which is fine too.

JAYURBZ, please only post once without conversation in between your posts per the forum rules. If you have to add something please use the edit button and edit your post.

Hoping we get more info about the leveling system soon, namely how matchmaking will factor into it, if it will at all.

While what we unlock isn't spesified, i'm thinking there is a possibility of some advantage to leveling up (aside from figuring out the randomness pattern and the level archetypes by experience)

im interested :( i cant pre order (i just can buy game on steam when this launch, because i don't have a credit card) 

When BETA starts, be ready to "CAMP" the TWITCH streams, be cause a lot of STREAMERS will do Giveaways for the extra Keys. Also i'm sure there will be alot of ppl selling the Keys on Ebay.

Thanks for that info Wes. I won't have access to Beta because I don't have a laptop capable to run the game but I will be glued to youtube though. LOL! With that being said, I have some Beta keys I can give away if anyone is interested. :)

What a coincidence it just so happens im an interested guy :D 

I pre ordered the game and all dlc, but missed the kickstarter all because my pay day fell a few days late :(

What a coincidence it just so happens im an interested guy :D

I pre ordered the game and all dlc, but missed the kickstarter all because my pay day fell a few days late :(

If you preordered you get 5 of your own keys anyway.

I think you only get them if you pre ordered during the kickstarter :( 

Like I say I missed the kickstart by a couple days

Kickstarter = Friends and family beta

ALL pre-orders = 5 beta keys for the closed beta, shortly after the F&F beta

I think you only get them if you pre ordered during the kickstarter :(

Like I say I missed the kickstart by a couple days

Nope, any pre-order qualifies you for the beta.

you guys going to wipe player progress at full release? maybe you could give beta testers a small boost for testing and being pre ordered.

Progress will be sped up during the beta for testing purposes. Since that will occur progress will most likely be wiped for the games release.

handzen and FluttershyMyst like this

What JPops said. The progress will be sped up for testing purposes. To see if people find any ways to glitch the game and speed it up even more. Like what if you get a weapon, drop it, another player gets it, they drop it and you repeat the process? Would it cause both players to gain exp as the weapon is "Newly" Found caused by the other player to drop it? Needs a weapon ID to register as giving that player the exp from it.

you guys going to wipe player progress at full release? maybe you could give beta testers a small boost for testing and being pre ordered.

Pretty sure progress will be wiped its always the case with online games when playing beta its mainly for testing purposes and anything u have done just has to be restarted on launch.