• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

Body Boy

Body Boy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

I love Part 5! It's way more creepy, and has better kills than Jason X. I'll take any of the Paramount films over what came after JTM. 

PSN: BodyBoyBobby

cinda

cinda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

I can watch Part 5 as a comedy. Joey, Vic, the greasers, Ethel and Junior, Psycho Tommy, Reggie and his older brother (can't remember his name) are all over the top and funny in various ways. Definitely more entertaining than the kills.

I think Ethel and Junior make me laugh the most. Her line delivery kills me. I like to see people having fun with their roles. 

Junior: "Say it like you mean it Ma!!"
Ethel: (turns around with that disgusted look) "Would you shut - the - f**k - up?"

Ethel Hubbard: (to the chicken) - I'm gonna chop you into itty, bitty little pieces, my friend. Just like they done to that piggo over at that fu*king crazy farm. Eeeeyah! [Decapitates the chicken]
Junior: Eeeeyah! - (imitates Ethel using spoon) ...Ha-ha-ha-ha.
Ethel Hubbard: You big dildo. Eat your fu*king slop! Ain't I make the best goddamned stew in the whole wide world?
Junior: Best goddamned stew in the whole wide world, Mama.

+1.  Ethel had the best lines. 

• ItzToxiedaToxicAvenger, AJ* and Gdain like this

AJ*

AJ*

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Ethel Hubbard: (to the chicken) - I'm gonna chop you into itty, bitty little pieces, my friend. Just like they done to that piggo over at that fu*king crazy farm. Eeeeyah! [Decapitates the chicken]
Junior: Eeeeyah! - (imitates Ethel using spoon) ...Ha-ha-ha-ha.
Ethel Hubbard: You big dildo. Eat your fu*king slop! Ain't I make the best goddamned stew in the whole wide world?
Junior: Best goddamned stew in the whole wide world, Mama.

+1.  Ethel had the best lines. 

I actually took one of her lines when talking to my dog. When it's feeding time and he gets over-excited I call him a big dildo and tell him to eat his f**king slop lol. Since I've recently became a father and my son mimics everything I say now I've had to watch my mouth. 

• SHODANFreeman and cinda like this

TheCapedBat

TheCapedBat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Jason Goes to Hell without a doubt. Not only did it completely ignore the great Paramount Eight franchise, it added some new ideas that were so terrible. Body jumping? Magic dagger? Fuck you, New Line.

Also, Jason was pretty mistreated in JGTH and FvJ. He wasnt too terrible in Jason X but he didn't compare to the character in the original (and good) eight films. Hodder is always great though but I prefer Brooker.

Freddy vs Jason butchered Jason as a character in so many ways. He doesn't look cool, he is portrayed as a "sympathetic" character, he is put to sleep by tranquilizers even though he is re-animated dead flesh.. Ken Kirzinger also didn't do a very good job and Kane should've done it. It's a shame that they let him go..

Derek Mears in the remake was pretty good. Intimidating as well as badass. Looked cool too. And he's definitely a fan. Win/Win.

Rotting Corpse

Rotting Corpse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

I think Jason has always been a sympathetic villain, but in FVJ they way overdid the sympathy aspect and tried to make him look like a good guy compared with Freddy. The thing with a sympathetic villain is they're still a villain and still someone to be feared. Say what you will about the reboot but I think there they did a much better job of making him tragic but still menacing and sinister.

cinda

cinda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

I think Jason has always been a sympathetic villain, but in FVJ they way overdid the sympathy aspect and tried to make him look like a good guy compared with Freddy. The thing with a sympathetic villain is they're still a villain and still someone to be feared. Say what you will about the reboot but I think there they did a much better job of making him tragic but still menacing and sinister.

The only two enduring things - for me - from FVS were two lines:

Teen who survived Jason's cornfield massacre: "Dude, that goalie was pissed about something."

Freddy getting Jason's attention before throwing spikes at him: "Hey, asshole!" (For some reason, I found that to be hilarious.)

Rotting Corpse

Rotting Corpse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

For me the cabin scene is the only part of FVJ I truly enoy.

AJ*

AJ*

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Jason Goes to Hell without a doubt. Not only did it completely ignore the great Paramount Eight franchise, it added some new ideas that were so terrible. Body jumping? Magic dagger? Fuck you, New Line.

Also, Jason was pretty mistreated in JGTH and FvJ. He wasnt too terrible in Jason X but he didn't compare to the character in the original (and good) eight films. Hodder is always great though but I prefer Brooker.

Freddy vs Jason butchered Jason as a character in so many ways. He doesn't look cool, he is portrayed as a "sympathetic" character, he is put to sleep by tranquilizers even though he is re-animated dead flesh.. Ken Kirzinger also didn't do a very good job and Kane should've done it. It's a shame that they let him go..

Derek Mears in the remake was pretty good. Intimidating as well as badass. Looked cool too. And he's definitely a fan. Win/Win.

I agree they butchered Jason's character in FvJ. As a Godzilla fan I recognized that they kind of ripped off the King Kong vs. Godzilla story and made the characters very similar.... 

Godzilla/Freddy = villain
Jason/Kong = "good" guys

Kong = on an island not doing anything until he's disturbed.
Jason = resting/dead at Crystal Lake until he's disturbed.

Freddy = evil bastard who wants nothing more than to kill and cause destruction
Godzilla = wants nothing more than to cause destruction

1st battle between superpowers...

Godzilla kicks Kong's ass and fries him with radioactive breath (characters in movie sympathize with Kong)
Freddy kicks Jason's ass and turns him into a little kid and psychologically tortures him (characters in movie sympathize with Jason)

Characters in both movies figure out..."hey, let's get these two monsters together and maybe the lesser of the two evils (Jason/Kong) will kill the more evil monster (Freddy/Godzilla).

Characters drug and transport Jason/Kong to get rid of more evil nemesis (Freddy/Godzilla)

2nd battle between superpowers...

Characters cheer/help the good guys (Jason, Kong) and dispatch of more evil monster. 

Jason "the good guy" comes out the water as the victor and he's back home on Crystal Lake.
Kong "the good guy" comes out the water as the victor and he's heading back home to his island.

And the last similarity. Kong did as much damage as Godzilla but he was still the good guy in the movie similar to the way Jason killed people just like Freddy but he was still the good guy when it was all said and done. There were too many similarities in both movies to ignore. 

• cinda likes this

Jimmy

Jimmy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

After 4 where it should of ended it all goes to shit

SCREWNUT

SCREWNUT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • LocationCANADA

The Remake.  

"Friday the 13th would be a lot more frightening if Jason chased you down in a big SUV and made you pay to fill it up with gas."

JBSLICK33

JBSLICK33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

After 4 where it should of ended it all goes to shit

I agree.  6 is not too bad, but the cheese in it is really bad...imo.  If I had to pick one to throw out and never watch again it would be JGTH.  The movie was great...right up to when Jason gets blown to bits by the feds.

PS4: JBSLICK33

bewareofbears

bewareofbears

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
Another vote for Jason Goes to Hell here.
f13sig_BEWARE.png

CrazyRalph

CrazyRalph

Doomsayer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts
  • LocationUmm...dead since part 2?
Jason X again.

f13sig_MC.png

The Phanthom Nico

The Phanthom Nico

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • LocationChile

Jason Goes To Hell, Jason X and Jason Takes Manhattan. Nuff said

BloodOnTheRocks

BloodOnTheRocks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Jason Goes To Hell, Jason X and Jason Takes Manhattan. Nuff said

I didnt think Jason Takes Manhattan was THAT bad. It was bad but not on the level of JGTH. I mean, Jason looked good in it, there were some great kills, and it still had a little classic Friday feel. I like JTM better than Part 6. Go figure. 6 was TOO cheesy for me.

DamonD7

DamonD7

Some kind of goober

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • LocationTavistock, Devon, UK

Manhattan just feels rather lacklustre, to me.

Not aggressively irritating like Part V or muddled and dumb like JGTH.

VI is about my favourite, though, although I really rate II and III as well. All just my opinion, of course.

• DialM likes this

Risinggrave

Risinggrave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • LocationU.S.

JGTH for me. It was the first time my friends and I got to go to a F13 movie at the theater and after a cool first five minutes turned into something much different then what we wanted or expected. 

Sure, some people may have liked the new status quo, but with an F13 movie there are certain expectations that we wanted. Jason taking out teens in various ways. This was a bait and switch and didn't make me happy at all. 

And while some may complain about Jason X, at least that one let you go into the theater knowing what to expect. With JGTH we got duped. 

The80s

The80s

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

JX is absolutely the worst piece of shit in the entire franchise, but JGTH is not far behind. They're the only two films I don't own and refuse to own. I would never watch them. They are too horrible.

That's saying a lot considering how bad Part 7 and 8 are. (But compared to JX and JGTH, they are solid gold)

Forum Signature violation

CrazyRalph

CrazyRalph

Doomsayer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts
  • LocationUmm...dead since part 2?
Part 7 is decent to me, with the jason look and tina being the savibg grace. I like the rundown crystal lake in part 8. And the slimy aspect of jason in 8. But @80s concerning part x and jgth, you took the words right out of my mouth. Those are the only 2 films I WILL NEVER OWN. I dont even watch them when theyre on free tv and nothing else is on. Id rather turn the tv off.

f13sig_MC.png

TheReaper666

TheReaper666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
I think 6 was the last great Friday film. I love 1-6, even 5 yes. 7 had an awesome opening scene, the flashbacks and voiceover were great, Jasons resurrection was cool, Tina was awesome. Jason looked amazing and was badass as hell. Something about the movie just seemed lacking to me... Idk what it was. Seemed kind of straight to video quality. I dont know. I still liked it though. I feel the same with 8. 9 was weird, probably my least favorite. Jason X is entertaining to me, so was FVSJ and the "remake" which I dont see why the remake gets so much hate? I thought it was the best one since part 6.
  • AJ* likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users