cinda

Worst Friday Film in Series?

65 posts in this topic

Jason goes to Hell

Character's act like they are in a horror movie parody.  

They were in a parody, dude. 

Part 1 - 7 is essential to me. They are the complete f13 series in my headcannon. Jason is still at the bottom of the lake, put there by tinas dad. Part 8 is okay but...eh.

I end it with part 6 in my headcannon, but yep. The idea of the curse being broken by sending Jason to the bottom of Crystal lake works

I'd have to say Jason X. Apart from the face crush kill - it has very little redeeming features. It's a horrible cheesefest with terribly cheesy dialogue/one liners - a robot Jason who looks like something from the Power Rangers and even Harry's score is terrible and repetitive (massive Harry fan BTW). 

They dropped the ball....if they'd have created an "Aliens" type atmosphere with dark tunnels, a serious tone  - it could've been better. Instead it was bright, colourful and was like an episode of "Saved by the Bell - The Class of 2500" with Jason shoe-horned into it. Terrible movie.

Farmer's script was originally darker - but I was around during the film's production and I remember hearing from genuine sources that Cunningham insisted on adding all the crappy dialogue etc. 

Who makes a horror movie with bright rainbow colours adourning the set and shots? Poor film making. 

I remember when the space setting was announced, and after Critters IV and the Leprechaun in Space...we all thought..."What the fuck are they thinking?" - and weren't we all proved right!

Risinggrave likes this

The ONLY reason i count part 7 is part 7s epic zombie jason design and kanes original performance here. Epic jason. Epic intro lol

Kane's look and involvement make 7 a strong contender. The MPAA just neutered that movie, though.

In one of my "looser headcanon tmelines" I go to part 7. In my loosest, I watch the whole series including JgtH.

I may be a masochist. 

Kane's look and involvement make 7 a strong contender. The MPAA just neutered that movie, though.

In one of my "looser headcanon tmelines" I go to part 7. In my loosest, I watch the whole series including JgtH.

I may be a masochist. 

7 has grown on me over the years, but I didn't like it too much originally. I didn't even like Kane's portrayal at first (sac-religious I know). Was a big CJ Graham fan and I thought the concept of a walking corpse heavy breathing was ridiculous (Why would something that is dead need oxygen?!). These days I'd say Kane is my favourite Jason. I love JTM - and I think he's at his best in that movie. I also think his 'look' is the best in JTM. It's why Illfonic need to "darken" his clothes for the game. Would make for excellent camouflage. Something freaky about a yellowish/white Hockey mask seemingly floating towards you within the cover of the darkness. 

I never ever ever will count jgth or jason x. Nope.

+1 there. I'm out of positivity as usual. 

I honestly don't know why I bother. I generally watch 2-4 and 6. It's just every so often I watch them all. Maybe I need to pull out those disks and mail them to somebody I dislike. 

7 has grown on me over the years, but I didn't like it too much originally. I didn't even like Kane's portrayal at first (sac-religious I know). Was a big CJ Graham fan and I thought the concept of a walking corpse heavy breathing was ridiculous (Why would something that is dead need oxygen?!). These days I'd say Kane is my favourite Jason. I love JTM - and I think he's at his best in that movie. I also think his 'look' is the best in JTM. It's why Illfonic need to "darken" his clothes for the game. Would make for excellent camouflage. Something freaky about a yellowish/white Hockey mask seemingly floating towards you within the cover of the darkness. 

What is funny is I loved 7 when I was younger. An X-Man type of final girl. Boss looking Jason. What isn't to love? The cutaways. As I grew older I realized how tame the film was. Fuck you, MPAA!! 

I also really liked JTM at the time. (and think it's ok save for some plot points like Crytal lake connecting to the ocean, the Rennie/kid Jason stuff and the ending.) It was the first F13 I saw at the movies. I agree that his look is good there. It has a Micheal Myers Shape element to it. this blankness that is frightening. 

CrazyRalph likes this

Yeah, Roy acting as Jason is a huge factor. However, the film just sucks. The group of teens in V are possibly the most annoying in the series, and as DamonD7 posted earlier in this topic - the movie is tiresome to sit through.

I have never jived with A New Beginning, even when I first watched it.

I like the kids in Part 5, to me they are the most innocent of the entire series. They didn't trespass, they didn't have anything to do with the camp or lake (minus Tommy) and they were all there trying to get their lives back together.

Part 1 - 7 is essential to me. They are the complete f13 series in my headcannon. Jason is still at the bottom of the lake, put there by tinas dad. Part 8 is okay but...eh.

1-8 is the series for me but it really feels like it ends with Part 5. The feel of every movie after 5 is quite a bit different... zombies, occult, psychics, New York/Vancouver.

JGTH is the worst to me, watching a Jason movie where he just jumps from body to body was super weird. Also the kills in the movie weren't that great either. Jason X wasn't great but I atlas had fun watching it and I cant say the same sadly for JGTH.

I cannot pick only one, I consider the 3 movies made in the New Line era to be equally bad for different reasons. Other films in the franchise can be bad for some, but those 3 are the worst imo.