Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cinda

Friday Game '89

23 posts in this topic

An idea I thought of, recalling Donkey Kong 64, was the in game arcade where you could play the original DK. It would be pretty cool if you the cabin contained an arcade where the player can play the 1989 NES game.

I don't know how/if copyrights would factor into such an addition. Just a thought.

You guys are doing a terrific job!

An idea I thought of, recalling Donkey Kong 64, was the in game arcade where you could play the original DK. It would be pretty cool if you the cabin contained an arcade where the player can play the 1989 NES game.

I don't know how/if copyrights would factor into such an addition. Just a thought.

You guys are doing a terrific job!

If this was ever a possibility, it would be freaking AWESOME! Great idea. I hope someday it's possible. Maybe if they ever get permission they could include it as future DLC.

Copyright and licensing are definitely a major hurdle to make that happen. 

What would the process be for getting approval to put this idea into the game? How much would it bite out of your profits to have to pay them to get the ok for it? Do you think it would be worth it for DLC down the road or is this one of those things you can pretty much put the kibosh on right now?

What would the process be for getting approval to put this idea into the game? How much would it bite out of your profits to have to pay them to get the ok for it? Do you think it would be worth it for DLC down the road or is this one of those things you can pretty much put the kibosh on right now?

Licensing rights often are tricky, expensive and lined with all sorts of legal red tape. It would depend on what the holders of the license were looking for in terms of monetary compensation then a lot of legal stuff. This is my sole opinion but the cost of obtaining the license for a mini game would not warrant the cost. I feel money should be poured into the core game opposed to deferring funds from that to get something small and out of the core game. Keep in mind while this game looks of AAA quality at the end of the day it is an indie title. This would not have been a F13 game if Sean Cunningham did not so graciously gift the license to gun media. That goes to show how expensive licenses can cost.

You may say well mortal kombat has Jason and terrordome has a bunch of horror icons. Netherrealm studios is partnered with WB which has money to toss around. Terrordome is an unlicensed game which can not gain profit and can be pulled at anytime by the licenses holders of that IP.

Licenses are tricky business and while this is something that would be cool I personally do not see it as a necessity.

They should pay to be in this game! ;)

I wonder who even owns the rights? You'd think whoever did would be long out of business. If it was LJN, I don't think they've made a game in decades. So I wonder who would have to be contacted?

I wonder who even owns the rights? You'd think whoever did would be long out of business. If it was LJN, I don't think they've made a game in decades. So I wonder who would have to be contacted?

Acclaim absolved them

Could you do it if it was a non-profit portion of the game like free dlc with credit given (just thinking of loop holes)

I don't think non-profit portions can exist in a for-profit game.

I love the idea though and somebody should take an afternoon to make some calls and look into it. The game file is ridiculously small due to being an NES game. A lot of times, you don't know until you've asked.

Edit:

The folks at NECA must know who owns the rights- a good place to start...

Geez, why people would like to play that old NES game?

I played it before because I saw the AVGN play it and I wanted to experience it myself.

Its kinda like a bad horror movie, there's just this charm to it for me.

Some of us were actually kids then and just want to replay it

This. There's a lot of nostalgia attached to it, plus we could play it on whatever console instead of with an emulator or an actual Nintendo.

i liked the creepy mysterious feel with the music in the original NES Game. but i would like to see an unlockable NES Type 8 bit game in this game.i always liked the part in the cave when miss voorhees head attacked.you had to fight her floating head.the sweater was in the game.machetes,meat clevers,

Plox likes this

Wonder who owns the rights to it, if it is still in fact, Acclaim. If it were Sean Cunningham, he could have it ported to mobile devices and sell it for a dollar to coincide with the release of this game. I personally never understood all the hate the NES game got. I always found it fun, and I'd pay 1.00 to have it on mobile.

I disliked the game as it had very little to do with Friday the 13th.

I preferred the Commodore 64 F13 game. Jason had took the form of a counselor but I thought it felt more like a slasher movie.

F13 was the first game my dad got me with my NES. I played it even before mario. It blew my mind that there was actually a Jason game. I kept staring at the iconic image of Jason from part 7 on the cover.

Cool Dad! :)

CrazyRalph likes this

Yeah lol he got me started in the horrorlife. Ive passed the tradition on. Both my kids (2 and 5) have seen every friday, nightmare, walking dead thing it is to watch.lol weve run out of horror to watch. We just watched train to busan. My 5 yr old said" dad this is a sad zombie movie, i feel sorry for that kid" lol

F13 was the first game my dad got me with my NES. I played it even before mario. It blew my mind that there was actually a Jason game. I kept staring at the iconic image of Jason from part 7 on the cover.

It was either the first, or second game I got after I got my Nintendo. I can't remember if I got it before, or after Rad Racer, but those were the first two! Later on I'd eventually get NOES and Jaws. Love me some bad LJN games!

CrazyRalph likes this