57 replies to this topic

PowellCampsNAKED

PowellCampsNAKED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,601 posts
  • LocationKingston, RI
Ok so I was watching dead by daylight on YouTube and hate to say one thing that makes that game somewhat scary is we can hear a chainsaw in the distance telling our minds "oh f..k he's coming close" and the louder it is the closer he is getting which is scary fun!
Now I know most of f13 will be scary with silence and the wonder where Jason is but man it would be scary to hear him reving that part 7 weed wacker saw loud! Imagine your hiding behind a tent and heard that saw in the distance and then you hear a counselor screaming getting cut by it and then you hear the saw get louder and louder as if he is coming towards you but then he walks by the tent but doesn't see you? Man that would be epic!!!!!!!!
  • Honkytonkgamer and ItzToxiedaToxicAvenger like this
Add me on PSN - Campfacer

The Arrogant Man

The Arrogant Man

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts

I'd like it a lot. But I think it might be a bit late for that. Maybe DLC?

Men called him Thu, and as a god*

in after days beneath his rod

bewildered bowed to him, and made

his ghastly temples in the shade.

Not yet by Men enthralled adored,

now was he Morgoth's mightiest lord,

Master of Wolves, whose shivering howl

for ever echoed in the hills, and foul

enchantments and dark sigaldry

did weave and wield. In glamoury

that necromancer held his hosts

of phantoms and of wandering ghosts,

of misbegotten or spell-wronged

monsters that about him thronged,

working his bidding dark and vile:

the werewolves of the Wizard's Isle.

Nothingface

Nothingface

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Whirling death dealing mechanical devices are my favorite :3

Chainsaws, Wood chippers, Shredders, Saws and other implements like that tend to be my favorite kills.

The problem with these is they are LOUD! And in a sense Jason is a stealthy killer. So giving away his position like that would probably be detrimental to the game.

"He is Jason, the man who came back from hell with the strength of 1,000 retards." - Random Redditor

ResolutionBlaze

ResolutionBlaze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Chainsaws, Wood chippers, Shredders, Saws and other implements like that tend to be my favorite kills.

The problem with these is they are LOUD! And in a sense Jason is a stealthy killer. So giving away his position like that would probably be detrimental to the game.

I though Jason can play in any play type the player so chooses. Stealthy or just loud.

I swear I'm not half as angry as I seem to be.

Please give me one star to help cure the new form of cancer called ResolutionBlaze

Check out Unlucky 7, rebooted after three long years of silence!  http://store.steampo...com/app/579120/

PowellCampsNAKED

PowellCampsNAKED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,601 posts
  • LocationKingston, RI

We know he's stealthy to a degree but I'm talking 1 weapon and it's the players choice if he wants to come at you with a loud scary approach or silent! ;)

Nothingface

Nothingface

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

I though Jason can play in any play type the player so chooses. Stealthy or just loud.

We know he's stealthy to a degree but I'm talking 1 weapon and it's the players choice if he wants to come at you with a loud scary approach or silent! ;)

If its more of a gimmick weapon maybe it should be an environmental kill? Like if you catch a counselor you can drag them to a wood chipper/chainsaw and Jason goes ape shit with it.

The problem with him caring it around is it would be REALLY LOUD when your actually trying to use it. This would let other survivors besides the one your killing that your off in the distance and distracted. (Basically let them know go run and do shit now!)

But if they are environmental kills(controllable/non-exploitable) you could just make the noise add a fear bonus or something to the other survivors who heard the grizzly death noises. Basically they know you are busy... but they know what those noises mean just happened.

"He is Jason, the man who came back from hell with the strength of 1,000 retards." - Random Redditor

ResolutionBlaze

ResolutionBlaze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

If its more of a gimmick weapon maybe it should be an environmental kill? Like if you catch a counselor you can drag them to a wood chipper/chainsaw and Jason goes ape shit with it.

The problem with him caring it around is it would be REALLY LOUD when your actually trying to use it. This would let other survivors besides the one your killing that your off in the distance and distracted. (Basically let them know go run and do shit now!)

But if they are environmental kills(controllable/non-exploitable) you could just make the noise add a fear bonus or something to the other survivors who heard the grizzly death noises. Basically they know you are busy... but they know what those noises mean just happened.

The noise can cause fear then, to make up for it. The closer you are the more fear it produces.

We still don't know how Jason plays. I doubt he's a stealth killer all through.

I swear I'm not half as angry as I seem to be.

Please give me one star to help cure the new form of cancer called ResolutionBlaze

Check out Unlucky 7, rebooted after three long years of silence!  http://store.steampo...com/app/579120/

PowellCampsNAKED

PowellCampsNAKED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,601 posts
  • LocationKingston, RI
@nothingface, again it would be a player choice to choose that particular loud saw and would scare the crap out of players when they hear that saw in the distance! in my opinion it would be better to not be just an environmental kill but be in hand in play and could cause people to run out from their hiding spots ... I just experienced watching it happen last night on dead by daylight I myself just watching it caused me as a viewer to yell "crap crap it's getting closer f..k RUN!!!!"

derrickkolba

derrickkolba

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Locationmichigan

you guys forget they could always be turned off to be quiet yet risk not starting when the time comes, just like the movies.

• Camp Counselor Will likes this

BloodOnTheRocks

BloodOnTheRocks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

The noise can cause fear then, to make up for it. The closer you are the more fear it produces.

We still don't know how Jason plays. I doubt he's a stealth killer all through.

One of the devs (cannot remember who) said that they themselves have different play styles as Jason. One of them is very stealthy and one of them is brute force and in your face. So obviously the game allows for both. Both sound like a blast.

• The Arrogant Man likes this

PowellCampsNAKED

PowellCampsNAKED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,601 posts
  • LocationKingston, RI
Any word on this saw coming to the game? Also an idea to use it while being stealthy is just add a on off switch to the weed wacker saw! ;)
It would be scary as hell being chased by this and the closer it gets the louder!!!

Camp Counselor Will

Camp Counselor Will

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

you guys forget they could always be turned off to be quiet yet risk not starting when the time comes, just like the movies.

Then it suddenly starts up right near you and scares the shit out of you.

This would be a great weapon to add to the game, will need new motion capture done though, if it were to be added.

hUZ3iqw.jpg

VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow

VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Have the chainsaw be a weapon for counselors. They need gas for it though, and using it on Jason triggers a QTE battle where both players try to counter the other(Jason must guess the same button that the counselor chooses to counter). Consecutive successes for the counselor will ultimately cause heavy damage to Jason and make him more vulnerable. If Jason counters back and he succeeds, it ends with an automatic grab for Jason to choose hot to finish them off.

Steam User Name: Kakushi Senshi

giphy.gif

SexDrugs&Tea

SexDrugs&Tea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

I heard the weed wacker is rumored as a weapon. Supposedly its coming in a DLC bundle with a flamethrowe for Jason, but since these weapons are gonna be so strong, the counselors get as a rare drop on the map an attack helicopter to fight back against Jason

CrazyRalph

CrazyRalph

Doomsayer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts
  • LocationUmm...dead since part 2?
^ THAT is one hell of a rumor! PLEASE dont spread it. Also...you know all that is straight bunk...oh wait...you kid right?! Ha ha I get it!

f13sig_MC.png

VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow

VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts

I heard a rumor that killstreaks will be coming.

Steam User Name: Kakushi Senshi

giphy.gif

Davidt

Davidt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

I heard a rumor that killstreaks will be coming.

Who made up this bullshit? this aint call of duty

PSN - david_tortorici
Steam - charlesleeray2
Posted Image

bewareofbears

bewareofbears

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

I heard the weed wacker is rumored as a weapon. Supposedly its coming in a DLC bundle with a flamethrowe for Jason, but since these weapons are gonna be so strong, the counselors get as a rare drop on the map an attack helicopter to fight back against Jason

I can't tell if this is sarcasm...
  • Honkytonkgamer and CrazyRalph like this
f13sig_BEWARE.png

Honkytonkgamer

Honkytonkgamer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

The weed wacker would be an awesome weapon, actually.

But unlikely. That means that they have to do more mocap.

Sound like DLC material, perhaps.

PowellCampsNAKED

PowellCampsNAKED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,601 posts
  • LocationKingston, RI

The weed wacker would be an awesome weapon, actually.
But unlikely. That means that they have to do more mocap.
Sound like DLC material, perhaps.

Not necessarily I'm sure they can animate Kane's arms an hands to walk with it but maybe your right!
It could be used as a quick attack either damaging the councelor or a quick brutal bloody spray kill but then possibly environmental kill with it as well where the player gets knocked off his feet then Jason slowly starts to cut open the players stomach VERY loud and blood everywhere!
  • Honkytonkgamer likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users