Photo

Will We See Freddy, or Perhaps Characters From the F13 Films?

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

The Arrogant Man

The Arrogant Man

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts

I want Scooby Doo, He-Man, and maybe 1 female ghostbuster. Oh and definitely a star trek Jason.

Will you please stop with the "star trek" thing. It makes sound like such a pleb.

Men called him Thu, and as a god*

in after days beneath his rod

bewildered bowed to him, and made

his ghastly temples in the shade.

Not yet by Men enthralled adored,

now was he Morgoth's mightiest lord,

Master of Wolves, whose shivering howl

for ever echoed in the hills, and foul

enchantments and dark sigaldry

did weave and wield. In glamoury

that necromancer held his hosts

of phantoms and of wandering ghosts,

of misbegotten or spell-wronged

monsters that about him thronged,

working his bidding dark and vile:

the werewolves of the Wizard's Isle.

ResolutionBlaze

ResolutionBlaze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

This won't happen. As pointed out by others, it doesn't fit the F13 universe. Plus we "tuned" the Jason's to kill counselors, not other Jasons. We would have to rebalance and rethink some abilities to make this even feasible. Sorry if I rained on your parade. But every little nuance, ability, player speed, Jason "cooldowns", the space between cabins (interior vs exterior), item locations, spawn locations, everything...they all affect each other. It's similar to dominoes (the game not the pizza). When you start messing with one, it throws off the whole thing. Game design is an on-going practice of causation. We are always thinking several steps ahead. ;)

-W

Well....

http://vignette4.wik...=20100425185211

;)
  • wes likes this

I swear I'm not half as angry as I seem to be.

Please give me one star to help cure the new form of cancer called ResolutionBlaze

Check out Unlucky 7, rebooted after three long years of silence!  http://store.steampo...com/app/579120/

Bad News Crews

Bad News Crews

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

I definitely wouldn't expect anything crazy like Freddy or Leatherface, as cool as that would be.  It just doesn't seem feasible, not to mention the fact that this is our first Friday the 13th game in forever so I think it's fair that they focus all their efforts on Jason and all his variations to make him as close to perfect as possible.  If there is any other killer besides Jason it should be his mother since she is also from the mainline movies.

As far as other movie characters are concerned, I would definitely love to see that happen, but I understand the difficulties.  Maybe when you guys are looking to develop new counselors for the future you can reach out to certain actors/actresses to see what they would want.  Not sure how that stuff works, personally, but I can't see them asking for that much, lol.  Probably naive of me, I know, but some of them might be cool with the idea of lending their likeness to the game.  For voice acting, I would say that if they can't or won't do it, then I am sure most people would be perfectly fine with some of these skilled voice actors and actresses taking on the role and doing their best job to sound like the characters from the film.

But yeah, for the most part I am expecting most future counselors to be original characters.  Still, it would be cool to have a movie character here or there if the actor or actress isn't asking for a ransom.  Anyway, thanks for the post.  Take care.

tyrant666

tyrant666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

If the game were called Freddy vs Jason Or A Nightmare On Elmstreet: The Game. I'd say why not.

tumblr_o7jeo42lTc1u1zib8o1_400.gif

SurvivalGirl

SurvivalGirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • LocationCamp Crystal Lake, sometimes ELM ST.

Probably "Friday the 13th: the game" is going to be one of the games of the year, I think it's going to have a lot of sales. When they see this, I want to believe that others will be interested in creating similar games with Freddy, Leatherface, or Freddy vs. Jason. I want to believe that it is a matter of time and patience.

• Honkytonkgamer likes this

f13sig5.jpg

JasonVoorhees13

JasonVoorhees13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Locationpanama city beach, florida

nightmare on elm street and texas chainsaw massacre deserved their own game not just a character in someone elses world. also tcm and nmoes need to be open world games as freddy you have both real world and dream world. it would cost probably 10x as much as f13. tmc has great story lines. so i feel it deserves a open world like gta because of all the other characters involved. im impressed with what the guys at gun have done with f13 but jason and micheal are just basic slashers and can be more basic games with no real story line. dont get me wrong jason is my fav horror character. but I feel something like leather face needs to be done with a company like rockstar. we dont really need a mixed fighting game there has already been a few put out their for us.

Signature too large, please check rules for correct sizing. 

-management. 

TheFinalGay

TheFinalGay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts

nightmare on elm street and texas chainsaw massacre deserved their own game not just a character in someone elses world. also tcm and nmoes need to be open world games as freddy you have both real world and dream world. it would cost probably 10x as much as f13. tmc has great story lines. so i feel it deserves a open world like gta because of all the other characters involved. im impressed with what the guys at gun have done with f13 but jason and micheal are just basic slashers and can be more basic games with no real story line. dont get me wrong jason is my fav horror character. but I feel something like leather face needs to be done with a company like rockstar. we dont really need a mixed fighting game there has already been a few put out their for us.

Would an open world game like GTA really lend itself to a horror game? I feel like either as Leatherface or as his victime, driving around Texas completing side quests would feel extremely silly xd

MotorcycleUS

MotorcycleUS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Wes, you forgot to mention things that people do will affect voice: Smoking, singing certain ways, harsh liquors, & others.

Yeah this is a Friday the 13th game. Almost all of them have same premise: YAs at a camp ground either setting it up or camping & Jason, not liking invasion of his turf, begins to pick them off 1 by 1. Only way make it more realistic would be to somehow  have the YAs not know Jason is stalking them til they find the 1st body & it go from there. But that's not possible to do sadly. 

• MotorcycleUS likes this

GunMedia_Ben

GunMedia_Ben

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 745 posts
  • LocationLexington, KY

This won't happen. As pointed out by others, it doesn't fit the F13 universe. Plus we "tuned" the Jason's to kill counselors, not other Jasons. We would have to rebalance and rethink some abilities to make this even feasible. Sorry if I rained on your parade. But every little nuance, ability, player speed, Jason "cooldowns", the space between cabins (interior vs exterior), item locations, spawn locations, everything...they all affect each other. It's similar to dominoes (the game not the pizza). When you start messing with one, it throws off the whole thing. Game design is an on-going practice of causation. We are always thinking several steps ahead. ;)

-W

That, and Ronnie would have an aneurysm.

• BlackWidowofLaPorte likes this

Gun Media Junior Producer and Community Manager

r80PnFy.gif

My Personal Instagram

Honkytonkgamer

Honkytonkgamer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

This is a very good post made by Wes.

Total respect.

DEATH

DEATH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts
  • LocationEverywhere.

Awesome post Wes and thanks for posting it. It really does clear up a lot of questions about what is and isn't within the scope of your license. Keep it up. I enjoy reading about the development of the game and why you maybe can or can't do something. I think it helps to keep us all involved and in the know. Thanks again. You guys are awesome.

CrazyRalph

CrazyRalph

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts
@thearrogantman. He will forever and always be star trek Jason. If I choose to refer to him that way, i shall do so. Your the only one who seems to hunt me down about it. Dude, stop being so butthurt about it and get off my nuts.

Cher

Cher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Would Family Guy Jason be available by launch?

I second this.

The Arrogant Man

The Arrogant Man

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts

@thearrogantman. He will forever and always be star trek Jason. If I choose to refer to him that way, i shall do so. Your the only one who seems to hunt me down about it. Dude, stop being so butthurt about it and get off my nuts.

Hey man, there's no hunting at all. You just say it everywhere.

Men called him Thu, and as a god*

in after days beneath his rod

bewildered bowed to him, and made

his ghastly temples in the shade.

Not yet by Men enthralled adored,

now was he Morgoth's mightiest lord,

Master of Wolves, whose shivering howl

for ever echoed in the hills, and foul

enchantments and dark sigaldry

did weave and wield. In glamoury

that necromancer held his hosts

of phantoms and of wandering ghosts,

of misbegotten or spell-wronged

monsters that about him thronged,

working his bidding dark and vile:

the werewolves of the Wizard's Isle.

Absoluttion

Absoluttion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationOregon

Thanks for these weekly posts answering the more 'interesting' questions fans have about this game. It's good to see you on the forums here and interacting 'screen-to-screen' with the people who just want to know the 'whys' of the game. 

Very excited for the beta 'soon' and hope to be able to play a match with you someday!

P.S. Splash screen for the beta looks mighty fine

• The Arrogant Man likes this

CrazyRalph

CrazyRalph

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts
@arrogant nice. You noticed. I feel loved.

The Phanthom Nico

The Phanthom Nico

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • LocationChile

"...But even then we couldn’t touch JvF or reboot Jason..."

455eb16e93d685b1a529b1eee949d8a90c09fede

well, im happy with all the classics jasons but... I will miss the new ones. They also deserve to come out in this game, hopefully in the future :)

FreakyFrank1

FreakyFrank1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • LocationCanada,Quebec

First let’s talk Freddy, Leatherface, etc. These icons of slasher films are IP, or “Intellectual Property”. The easiest way to define this is to just think about them as “brands”. Like Coca Cola and Pepsi for example. The name and likeness of other film icons, like Freddy, are owned by companies. Why do you think it took so long for us to get a FvJ film?

Think of it this way. Have you ever seen Coke and Pepsi packaged together? Nope. Never. Wait, I know what you’re thinking...what about Mortal Kombat? They had Jason, Leatherface, etc, all in one game. Yes, that’s true. But it’s an MK game, not a Texas Chainsaw game featuring Jason. So MK becomes neutral ground in that case. It’s just licensed characters, which still has some legal red tape, but easier by comparison.

Now that you’ve had a very brief crash course in IP, I’m thinking I know your next question. “OK, Fine. I get it. But what about the characters from the F13 films! Will we see characters like Reggie, Shelly, Chrissy, etc, in the game? You guys already announced Tommy Jarvis, maybe there will be more? Yes?”

This one is more of a “maybe”. Let me explain. When we got the license to work with F13, the only thing that came with it was the ability to use Jason’s name and likeness. But even then we couldn’t touch JvF or reboot Jason. They simply were not included. Also not included were the characters from the film. Now, could we just make up a generic female character and call her “Chrissy”? Sure. But that feels kinda phony don’t you think? Shouldn’t it look just like her? We think it should. Which then leads to another authenticity question...Shouldn’t she sound like Chrissy too!? Yes, she should. That’s a problem.

First we would need to find the actor/actresses that were in the films. Some have passed away, so securing their likeness would be very difficult. Some however, are very much alive and still very much involved with horror cons. So first we would need to pay them for their likeness. This gives us the legal ability to replicate how they look in-game. The actor/actress would go through our iterations and requests changes here and there to make sure they look as close to real life as possible. This takes time. Months usually. Next comes their voice.

As people age, so do their voice boxes. Meaning regardless if you are male or female, your voice gets a little deeper as you get older. Vocal cords stretch and you sound deeper and a little raspier. So a 50 year old version of you, doesn’t sound like the 20 year old version did. Think about that. Most of the actors/actresses from the films were around 20 when they filmed. Which means most of them are in their 50’s by now. So putting them in the recording studio doesn’t always get you the result you’re after. Imagine your dad, trying to sound 20. Yeah.

So in theory, it sounds awesome to put Freddy in the game, or try to get your favorite character from the films into the game. But there’s so much more to it than just having the idea. It’s not impossible, it’s just a major time-sync that more often than not, doesn’t pay off in the end. You either get something that feels shoe-horned into the game, or just leaves you feeling underwhelmed.

-W

And what about the likeness of specific 'items',where is the line between what is permitted and what isnt.

For exemple,an item related to a character from the F13 films or another horror series,i know that some of the counselors have clothes similar to some of the characters in the F13 series,but what about something like Freddy's glove or sweater ?

While the chance of having another horror icon is pretty slim,would an item from one of them can still be used ? (As an easter egg hidden in the maps of course)

Edit: i dont think something like a red/black stripped sweater would cause copyright problem isnt ?

'Good,Bad,im the guy with the gun'.

CrazyRalph

CrazyRalph

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts
Man could we keep all that other shit out of Jason's game?! .... And...red and black sweater? Dude...really? Did you just say that.

FlashFrame

FlashFrame

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationCrystal Lake, Equestria

#ShellyHype     ..  ;)

Totally not going to lie, I wish Shelly was in game just to off him.

He's worse than Shinji Ikari on the whine-o-meter.

• TheFinalGay likes this

14202536_1156214894417311_95027679530550

There's a legend around here, a killer buried, but not dead.

Equestria Girls: Legend of the Everfree better have a Jason Cameo in the background somewhere.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users