Photo

How to stop "looping" or troll behavior against Jason.

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

Bad News Crews

Bad News Crews

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Considering that we know there are two ways to go through a window, climb through or dive through; I'm going to assume that climbing through a broken window is going to hurt you, but maybe diving through won't?

I don't think that is the case because the whole point of the broken window system is to stop the counselor from constantly jumping in and out of the same window to avoid and troll the Jason player.

I think Laphin's idea makes a heck of a lot of sense.  If you use the slow method of crawling out a window, the animation will take a while, but you will avoid hurting yourself or making noise.  This would not really be useful in a chase sequence since Jason would be able to grab and kill you before you are able to make your way out of the window due to the long animation.

Then there is the quick method where you quickly climb or jump out of the window.  The animation is a lot quicker which will allow you to avoid Jason, but if it is a broken window you will take damage from the glass shards.  This will prevent you from constantly jumping in and out of windows.

So I find the idea of having two different window climb animations (slow and fast) to be a good one.  It allows for some flexibility on the counselor's part (slow and stealthy or quick and reckless).  It also prevents counselors from trolling Jason via window hopping, but also prevents Jason from trolling counselors by just breaking every window he sees.

DoctorSlaughter

DoctorSlaughter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationSomeplace, Somewhere

Well as I mentioned the system for going through windows is currently either climb through it or dive through. There's an easy way to close the loop and stop trolls with this system, diving through a broken window doesn't get you cut up, but make it cost a lot of stamina to do it. Maybe even cut off the ability to dive through the window at a certain stamina level, or have the counselor fall to the ground catching their breath for several seconds when their stamina gets low enough after diving through a window. Laphin's system does indeed have promise, but I'm simply working with what the developers have confirmed so far.

Speaking of which, if anyone was interested, here's the link to the tweet where Wes mentioned diving through windows.

PSN: BowBeforeDoctor

steelerfan

steelerfan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Diving through a window comes with the risk of injury (even if it isn't broken) so I think that aspect is covered.

I like what they've done here. The only other fix that I could think of is that after a counselor goes through the same window more than once, Jason could be given a VERY limited use of RAGE (has to be used within 10 seconds, for example). With RAGE, Jason could simply break through the wall and put an end to the looping game. Either that, or let Jason go through windows too.

Of the options, I like the one they've implemented the best.

Davidt

Davidt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Can we dive through windows that are closed like a stuntman and just risk being injured?

PSN - david_tortorici
Steam - charlesleeray2
Posted Image

DoctorSlaughter

DoctorSlaughter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationSomeplace, Somewhere

Can we dive through windows that are closed like a stuntman and just risk being injured?

Yep, you can dive through closed windows.

PSN: BowBeforeDoctor

Davidt

Davidt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Yep, you can dive through closed windows.

Nice i will be doing that for sure then might be risky on health but oh well if jason is nearby got to get out as fast as possible lol

PSN - david_tortorici
Steam - charlesleeray2
Posted Image

Oats

Oats

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Awesome. This really bothered me about a certain other murderer game, glad you're making solutions

Bakesalee

Bakesalee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
What about counselors who run around and around a car? Jason couldn't catch them in a game of tag tonight.

derrickkolba

derrickkolba

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Locationmichigan

What about counselors who run around and around a car? Jason couldn't catch them in a game of tag tonight.

its been suggested in a few ways on how to take care of this problem,question is how do you do it so both sides have a fair chance?

ojthegloveless

ojthegloveless

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

This mainly comes down to Jason's run/walk speed vs some of the counselors jogging speeds, mainly Vanessa's and Tommy's.  He needs to be able to close the gap a lot easier by walking or running to counselors if they're jogging, no matter which counselor.  The only time a counselor should be able to widen the gap between them and Jason is when they're in full sprint.  If Jasons walk/run speed was faster than Vanessa's or Tommy's jog (can't think of any other counselor where this could be an issue, maybe Tiffany) they would have no choice but to be pressured into running to a cabin to gain some time and stamina so they can try to make it to another safe spot.  They also of course need to adjust stamina values for a lot of the counselors so it feels lot more balanced.

Redcat345

Redcat345

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

My thoughts:

1: stop "fence looping, aka ring around the rosie chases" around cars and fences. Add where jason can smash through or climb over fences and climb over guard rails.

2: add where Jason can climb into broken/non broken windows to go after counselors like in Part 3

3: Grab/kill people through windows

226924_full.jpg

• AbsoluteDeicide likes this

16473093_1250243108392793_22852703693095

tyrant666

tyrant666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Add falling to the tripping mechanic.

• SHODANFreeman likes this

tumblr_o7jeo42lTc1u1zib8o1_400.gif

Moriens

Moriens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

They've mentioned in a few other posts that they have some plans to take care of this.  Not entirely sure what they are though.  I like the idea of making counselors fall more if they are exposed to being around Jason for too long, since that would be a mechanic in nature and keep other cheese from happening if they just tried to implement controls around problem areas.  

Guess we'll see soon enough, but glad they are aware of the issue and working on fixing it.

Clueless

Clueless

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
Fences
1. Counselors should be able to hop over fences.
2. However Jason should be able to destroy fences with weapon swings.

Windows
1Jason can already kill a counselor if they're slow climbing out of a window.

2. Jason should NOT be able to grab a counselor while they're climbing out of a window lol.

GinnyvsJason

GinnyvsJason

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Awesome. This really bothered me about a certain other murderer game, glad you're making solutions

I'm guessing you're speaking of Dead by Daylight? If so, yes, the way the players can constantly loop, evade and circle around, and around, and around is tiresome in that game. It makes me feel sick playing it once that begins to happen.  :unsure:

tumblr_n74pbwzzb11rwy386o1_500.gif

Redcat345

Redcat345

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

I'm guessing you're speaking of Dead by Daylight? If so, yes, the way the players can constantly loop, evade and circle around, and around, and around is tiresome in that game. It makes me feel sick playing it once that begins to happen.  :unsure:

Your signature is what needs to be implemented into game.

• GinnyvsJason likes this

16473093_1250243108392793_22852703693095

GunMedia_Ben

GunMedia_Ben

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 745 posts
  • LocationLexington, KY

We have more features we need to add into the game that did not make it into the beta. We also recognize that the car looping and fence looping occurred a bit. 

We have solutions in discussion :D

• Davidt and SHODANFreeman like this

Gun Media Junior Producer and Community Manager

r80PnFy.gif

My Personal Instagram

CrazyRalph

CrazyRalph

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts
Please dont forget, not only did Jason climb through windows in part 3, but he jumped AND smashed through the window and glass in part 7 to get Tina, so its not unheard of that he will do that...

tyrant666

tyrant666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

I'd be ok with Jason going through windows as long as it was a fast process. Too slow and it will create the same problems its trying to solve.

tumblr_o7jeo42lTc1u1zib8o1_400.gif

CrazyRalph

CrazyRalph

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts
If Jasons rage is active undead Jasons should be able to jump/smash into windows for a period.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users