wes

How to stop "looping" or troll behavior against Jason.

96 posts in this topic

Risinggrave, on 01 Apr 2017 - 08:09 AM, said:snapback.png

Hahahahah. You're so smart, Blaze. I love you.

Aww thanks <3

Now if that isn't the biggest April fools joke on the site...

Fixed it for you.

It wasn't an April Fool's Joke. If that kind of spamming is allowed,then what's the point of playing if that can be done non-stop? It's a penalty system for trying to spam the anatagonist. once...ok,twice? ok being cute now...third time definitely won't be the charm and Jason makes the player pay the price for it. 

It wasn't an April Fool's Joke. If that kind of spamming is allowed,then what's the point of playing if that can be done non-stop? It's a penalty system for trying to spam the anatagonist. once...ok,twice? ok being cute now...third time definitely won't be the charm and Jason makes the player pay the price for it. 

While I think Jason needs ways to make looping a disincentive to survival I don't think instant rage or auto kills is the answer. 

I'd prefer breakable terrain, and it seems throwing knives (and possibly traps, depending on set up time) will also help deter looping. 

While I think Jason needs ways to make looping a disincentive to survival I don't think instant rage or auto kills is the answer. 

I'd prefer breakable terrain, and it seems throwing knives (and possibly traps, depending on set up time) will also help deter looping. 

Breakable terrain? so then he would have auto rage on the fence and break thru it. You can't throw knives while a character is running back and forth on one side of a fence like it's a relay race. I only said those ideas as a penalty if you do it more than twice. You can use it twice and then make a break for it in the opposite direction,not troll Jason.

Also setting a trap to stop a trolling behavior is a waste of a game mechanic when their are more important needs for setting up traps for.

Breakable terrain? so then he would have auto rage on the fence and break thru it. You can't throw knives while a character is running back and forth on one side of a fence like it's a relay race. I only said those ideas as a penalty if you do it more than twice. You can use it twice and then make a break for it in the opposite direction,not troll Jason.

Also setting a trap to stop a trolling behavior is a waste of a game mechanic when their are more important needs for setting up traps for.

Or the fence could be destructable without rage, or Jason could swing through it? There are other options. Rage pretty much starts making winning for counselors extremely hard. Jason isn't going into rage because somebody is at the fence looping. 

Shodan's idea of tripping, assuming tripping slowed you enough would be simple and not take advantage of abilities Jason isn't supposed to have from the get go. 

Tripping definitely seems like it makes the most sense, depending on what else they decide to do. Plenty of the counselors/victims tripped while trying to get away from Jason in the movies.

Destructible fences would make the most sense. Just because you now have knives doesn't mean you're going to stop a group from doing it. And who's to say how the knives would effect a counselor, does it stun? Is your aim even good enough to hit them? How many knife hits does it take to bring down a counselor? So many questions.

Once the looping behavior begins,

Car troll - at some point after looping Jason, interaction with the car unlocks and Jason can flip the car over onto the looping counselor, killing the counselor or trapping the counselor for a nice context kill and disabling the car at the same time. This is true to the nature of the series and would deter the behavior. The car can later be interactively righted if 2 or more counselors simultaneously at the side of the car, returning the car escape option to fruition.

Fence troll - after looping begins, at some point, Jason can kick through the fence. Additionally, Jason's reach could be extended during the loop behavior to enable a greater chance of grabbing the counselor. Lastly, enable a context kill once the loop behavior begins that uses the fence; perhaps a reach across the fence, grab and context kill, perhaps use a piece of the broken fence for a throw kill.

Window troll - Jason becomes enraged when he is toyed with. Window trolling would certainly piss him off. When this behavior begins, at some point a context kill unlocks allowing Jason to throw his weapon (part of the window, or another item, at the counsellor. A window kill is still a desire of mine. When this behavior begins and is recognized, increase Jason's grab range and allow him to reach through and grab the counselor, pulling them back through the window for a cinematic death.

Of course, a single context kill that involves throwing an item could be utilized for any trolling behavior.

This would be an effective deterrent to the offending counselor that wouldn't undermine a sound escape stratety while adequately dealing With and eliminating the troll behavior. It might actually add a sense of Jason WANTING to be trolled for the cool context kills that could be implimented.

Haven't read every single post in this thread, but it seems that the most effective ways of stopping loopers in the full release will be with throwing knives. I assume that 2 knives will probably be enough to put a counselor into the injured state, which will remove their ability to run. 

I don't think the devs will be able to make any of the terrain or terrain assets destructible for a good while, so the best we can do is use traps and knives smartly :)

Haven't read every single post in this thread, but it seems that the most effective ways of stopping loopers in the full release will be with throwing knives. I assume that 2 knives will probably be enough to put a counselor into the injured state, which will remove their ability to run.

I don't think the devs will be able to make any of the terrain or terrain assets destructible for a good while, so the best we can do is use traps and knives smartly :)

I do a little dabbling in animation myself. "Destructible props" exist in raw form already. Slap a texture on it, add a proper physics setting, done and done. It's really not that hard to do and the physics environment for it already exists with the door. It's really as simple as replacing a scene asset.

Considering stumbling was already in the beta, all they'd really have to do is scale it a bit higher with higher levels of fear, which you automatically get by being near Jason, and he'll eventually catch up if you keep stumbling, making looping impossible.