ResolutionBlaze

Speculation: Beta Release

25 posts in this topic

I honestly think the beta will release when the virtual cabin is fully complete... or we get information on the beta release date.

Think about it. EVERYTHING in the cabin is bring used in the game. Meaning once the cabin is complete, so is the game...

Coincidence? I think NOT!

I'm on to your game, Wes.

Well.....I dont know that it'll release when the cabin is finished, but I sure think the cabin is a good indication that beta is a while out, since there are 2 Jasons and 4 counselors NOT available yet and we know those have to be complete before beta. I'd guess it'll still take a while after those are put in before they're OK with opening up the beta.

Well.....I dont know that it'll release when the cabin is finished, but I sure think the cabin is a good indication that beta is a while out, since there are 2 Jasons and 4 counselors NOT available yet and we know those have to be complete before beta. I'd guess it'll still take a while after those are put in before they're OK with opening up the beta.

Well the next few Jasons should almost be done.

They only need The Jock and The Edgy Guy along with one more counselor.

Jarvis may come in later while the beta is still in progress.

I'd say end of the month?

That's an interesting thought, but having those completely finished aren't really necessary for beta. Most betas will restrict certain content anyway. Like some will give you a couple of characters to play with just to get some stress testing and seeing how the mechanics play balance out. So really, if they gave us just what is done to this point it would be a perfectly acceptable beta. They don't need all the Jasons or all of the counselors to get the information they're looking for.

That's an interesting thought, but having those completely finished aren't really necessary for beta. Most betas will restrict certain content anyway. Like some will give you a couple of characters to play with just to get some stress testing and seeing how the mechanics play balance out. So really, if they gave us just what is done to this point it would be a perfectly acceptable beta. They don't need all the Jasons or all of the counselors to get the information they're looking for.

Well it would depend on how special each Jason is to each other. They are said to have different strengths and weaknesses.

I'm all for that. It just doesnt seem to be Gun's MO to put it out before it's all there. They are perfectionists and have said time and time again they want everything to be amazing before they let us see it.

Juez likes this

I'm all for that. It just doesnt seem to be Gun's MO to put it out before it's all there. They are perfectionists and have said time and time again they want everything to be amazing before they let us see it.

I think there is a misunderstanding here.

I don't see them as perfectionists... the only thing they have shown themselves perfectionists on is the accuracy and representation of the F13th franchise.  That means getting every detail, musical note, and setting right.

However, that doesn't mean they won't launch the game without a few characters.

I think there is a misunderstanding here.

I don't see them as perfectionists... the only thing they have shown themselves perfectionists on is the accuracy and representation of the F13th franchise.  That means getting every detail, musical note, and setting right.

However, that doesn't mean they won't launch the game without a few characters.

I hope you're right and hope they do. Cant wait to try it out.

Some friends and I re-watched the movies in order and then fired up the cabin again to look around and spot the references. The attention to detail and working in items or references to most of the movies is pretty amazing! I can't wait to see what they do with full blown maps.

Juez likes this

There will limited access to items in the beta. Afterall it is a beta test. Tommy Jarvis will not be in the beta, he will arrive with the launch of the multiplayer game in early 2017.

Just to throw my contribution into the "what we're getting in the beta, and what we're not" conversation; Wes confirmed in a tweet a couple of weeks ago that we're not getting all of the Jasons in the beta.

Stress-testing the servers, seeing if there are any game-breaking faults and analysing how the balancing works is the real priority for the beta, if it's anything like others.

So I won't be surprised if there are some skins/features not finished off yet for it.

It's incredibly valuable, though; this really is going to be something that will help polish and shape the game, through actual players getting to go hands-on and mess about in the sandpit. There are a huge amount of variables in a game like this and it's real gold dust to get the players involved at a testing stage.

The Arrogant Man likes this

There will limited access to items in the beta. Afterall it is a beta test. Tommy Jarvis will not be in the beta, he will arrive with the launch of the single player game in early 2017.

did someone just give away a secret? if i read between the lines its play as jason vs AI tommy jarvis or vise versa.

The way things are going so far, i'd say we'll get notice late december that the beta is pushed back to early 2017, and will release sometime in february, after the other announcement that online is pushed back into late spring 2017.

I might sound slightly salty about the initial delays. I dunno. It irks me a bit. So little info for a game i'm hyped for does that i guess.

Don't convince me this doesn't fit their M.O so far :P

The way things are going so far, i'd say we'll get notice late december that the beta is pushed back to early 2017, and will release sometime in february, after the other announcement that online is pushed back into late spring 2017.

I might sound slightly salty about the initial delays. I dunno. It irks me a bit. So little info for a game i'm hyped for does that i guess.

This is their first delay. IT'S not like a rep thing.

did someone just give away a secret? if i read between the lines its play as jason vs AI tommy jarvis or vise versa.

Whoops my bad I meant to write multi-player. Damn Friday's! However no secrets here just reporting the news.

100% confirmed...there will be a beta in 2016. 

DamonD7, Juez and ResolutionBlaze like this

I reckon before Christmas. No inside info or anything, just feel strongly that way.

Releasing it at christmas would be a severe mistake. I cannot imagine a developer doing such a thing, since it's a family time and whatnot.

Now you might counter with "not everyone does a big christmas thing" and that's fair, but it's safe to say that the ones who do come together at christmas are more than enough to constitute a big chunk of playerbase.

It'd be goddamn suicide.

I really do not believe the devs know exactly when beta will open. They've said before they have a lot of approvals needed before anything is made public. I'm sure we all wish they'd just let us in NOW, but I'm betting even they do not know exactly when it will drop.

I would say fairly soon, I mean it's about half way through fall. I would think sometime this month or very early December. I am so hyped though, I just look everyday hoping the beta started XD