Photo

Will Pamela Be a Playable Character? Ever?

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

ToneEnthrall

ToneEnthrall

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

What confuses me is that they were confident enough to confirm she would be done as a stretch goal if the money was right, but this post then states how difficult it would be to implement her?

I fully respect the team and this is of no malice, but why would they essentially advertise the prospect of creating Pamela as a killer, if it is to be such a monumental undertaking? What would the story have been if her stretch goal had been met?

If you think logically, once the game is live, the sales from the 3 platforms will go way over every stretch goal also, it's going to be a surefire hit - Will they then honour the entire stretch goal list as they will then be rolling in it? 

Gdain

Gdain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts
Hmmm never thought about that. But I guess with more money means more possibilities. Or it would just be easier to to with more funds?

Davidt

Davidt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Its most likely cause they have to do all the mocap stuff again for pamela they cant really use kane hodders mocap for pamelas kills she isnt strong like jason is

PSN - david_tortorici
Steam - charlesleeray2
Posted Image

JPops

JPops

Slasher

• Administrators
  • 1,929 posts

What confuses me is that they were confident enough to confirm she would be done as a stretch goal if the money was right, but this post then states how difficult it would be to implement her?

I fully respect the team and this is of no malice, but why would they essentially advertise the prospect of creating Pamela as a killer, if it is to be such a monumental undertaking? What would the story have been if her stretch goal had been met?

If you think logically, once the game is live, the sales from the 3 platforms will go way over every stretch goal also, it's going to be a surefire hit - Will they then honour the entire stretch goal list as they will then be rolling in it?

The intention of these posts by Wes are to give some background on the work that must go on to make Pamela happen. The campaign got no where near the Pamela stretch goal as it was near 5 million. This is the explaintion of why it is a difficult feat. If the goal was hit during kickstarter the goal would have for sure happened. Now since we are closing in on launch. The notion are that more maps is something that may be more beneficial to the game post launch verses a new killer is not a far fetched idea.

Posted Image

Risinggrave

Risinggrave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • LocationU.S.

I don't think hitting a stretch goal after the Kickstarter is long over matters much. 

That is like me saying If you guys give me lunch money today, I'll pick your stuff up for you when I go get mine. Then calling me six months later telling me you have money. At that point, it's moot. 

• CrazyRalph likes this

Gdain

Gdain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts
What if the game does well? Will they use the money for more content? Any idea on how many people have already pre ordered?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users