Photo

Will Pamela Be a Playable Character? Ever?

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

bewareofbears

bewareofbears

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

I think the Pamela voice over did a Fantastic job!, Maybe the same actress as in the remake?, sounds like her.

I agree, I'm not sure who does the voice but she did an excellent job.

Davidt

Davidt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

I agree, I'm not sure who does the voice but she did an excellent job.

Jennifer Ann Burton according to the IMDB page

PSN - david_tortorici
Steam - charlesleeray2
Posted Image

hellspawnxxx

hellspawnxxx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I had some Ideas about how to make Pamela work in the game. Since she has no real powers instead use what she had in the movies. Heres some idea's.

She is a all stealth / intelligent killer... This means NO Video tape scratches and NO Ominous music when shes near.

#1 Ability she can show up on the HUD as a friendly player allowing her to get close without alarming the players, when this ability is activated in game walkie talkies become disabled "Because She has one herself and is holding down the transmit button"  ;)

#2 Costumes, she can temporarily disguise herself as a counselor, in combination with #1 this would make her a serious threat. "Maybe make it so she wears the same clothing as a counselor and a wig but keep her face appearance as her own, so that a counselor with a sharp eye can tell its not who they appear to be.

#3 Plant Boobie Traps, Jason gets tripped up by bear traps because hes stupid. But Pamela is smart allow her to have a CD ability where she can place bear traps the same as counselors can, maybe even trip wires that are barely visible but when activated by a counselor going through a door way triggers an axe that swings from overhead.

#4 A Mothers Rage, her last ability unlock like Jasons rage, instead this allows her to have faster movement speed and reduces cooldowns.

Some environmental Abilities, Where she cannot teleport like Jason instead give her the ability to cancel progress made by counselors. For example if the counselors are able to call the police, allow Pamela to  be able to call the police back and say it was a prank call by some punk kids no need to come, all is well. She can only do this once, this will give Pamela the ability to extend the round a little longer. 

Some more Environmental Abilities, sabotage the car undue what has been done to fix the car. This might sound a little over powered but it will cause the counselors to rethink their strategy when facing Pamela versus fighting Jason, Counselors would instead have to collect and stash items, maybe hidden in a bush or a house till all items "keys, Gas, and Battery" are all collected then the counselors would have to work together and fix all 3 components at the same time, as to not risk Sabotage, by Pamela.

And last but not least, Pamela CAN Die, She has a health pool like the counselors, but hers because she is driven by a mothers rage is considerable higher and can regenerate.

Pamela would create a new type of a fear amongst the counselors... Eachother. Instead of Ominous music and the crashing down of doors like the kind of fear Jason envokes, instead it will be is that person entering the house a friend or foe, Do I now work alone since working as a team is more risky.

Pamela will be of course a little harder to play then Jason, but this will give the try hard players looking for a challenge someone to play as, and it really wouldn't require any re map design or counselor changes, its basically just adding in Pamela's Abilities as stated above, and making some changes to the escape system. Pamela wouldn't change the core game mechanics, she instead would just change the Meta, which TBH would significantly increase the longevity of the game.

• Bad News Crews, tyrant666, Aderko and 1 other like this

Keke_Voorhees

Keke_Voorhees

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
In my opinion I would LOVE for Jason's mother to be included somewhere in the SINGLE player release. But I am not sure how she could be in the multiplayer. She is beyond stealthy and in the movie her identity was only known after the fact. Plus she is not invincible like Jason.🤔🤔🤔🤔 so here is my idea: have it set just like the movie were the camp has been shut down but now they are trying to reopen the camp. So at the camp the counselors will have things to get done so that the camp will open again. Like going to clean a cabin or starting generators, etc. Pamela will be killing counselors during this entire period. Her job is to punish the counselors for what happened to her baby boy. Her kills will all be about stealth and remaining unseen until she punishes you. The map should be pretty big with the task at different locations. There should also be a time limit so counselors don't try to stay together while doing the task. The counselors job is to stay alive and finish the tasks before morning. Pamela's job is to kill all the counselors before morning comes.
Her abilities and kills: well like I was thinking you only saw Pamela when she wanted you to and constantly was catching the counselors off guard. Sure you guys can come up with some amazing kills for us!😁 she should be able to heal herself and be able to teleport. She should have a ability where she can sneak up on counselors without making noise to kill them. IF one of her victims escapes her grasp before she can kill them. She can only be hurt once the counselor has been made aware she is trying to kill him/her. She can disable cars and phones. To stop the car from leaving she could like through a dead body in front of it or something.
Counselors: should have perks were it is more easy to detect when someone is near whether it be Pamela or one of the counselors (with a cool down) if Pamela tries to kill the person but they get away they can then get a weapon and try to kill her. However, if they face Pamela and are killed then the other counselors are not aware and won't know where that's there's something wrong UNLESS they see the dead body. If a person escapes from Pamela then
That person can worn the others but not by radio or phone they must go to the other counselors and tell them. The player themselves can not even talk to players unless they are in close proximity. Now I order for the other counselors to be aware and pick up weapon to fight Pamela the character, not player themselves, must get to another counselor and tell them. Having to press "a" or something for a while to let the other character know. Once the counselors know what's going on they can try to call police or leave by boat or car or something.
Idk just an idea 😁😁😁 I hope I made sense!😁

Splatterhouse

Splatterhouse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

In my opinion I would LOVE for Jason's mother to be included somewhere in the SINGLE player release. But I am not sure how she could be in the multiplayer. She is beyond stealthy and in the movie her identity was only known after the fact. Plus she is not invincible like Jason. so here is my idea: have it set just like the movie were the camp has been shut down but now they are trying to reopen the camp. So at the camp the counselors will have things to get done so that the camp will open again. Like going to clean a cabin or starting generators, etc. Pamela will be killing counselors during this entire period. Her job is to punish the counselors for what happened to her baby boy. Her kills will all be about stealth and remaining unseen until she punishes you. The map should be pretty big with the task at different locations. There should also be a time limit so counselors don't try to stay together while doing the task. The counselors job is to stay alive and finish the tasks before morning. Pamela's job is to kill all the counselors before morning comes.
Her abilities and kills: well like I was thinking you only saw Pamela when she wanted you to and constantly was catching the counselors off guard. Sure you guys can come up with some amazing kills for us! she should be able to heal herself and be able to teleport. She should have a ability where she can sneak up on counselors without making noise to kill them. IF one of her victims escapes her grasp before she can kill them. She can only be hurt once the counselor has been made aware she is trying to kill him/her. She can disable cars and phones. To stop the car from leaving she could like through a dead body in front of it or something.
Counselors: should have perks were it is more easy to detect when someone is near whether it be Pamela or one of the counselors (with a cool down) if Pamela tries to kill the person but they get away they can then get a weapon and try to kill her. However, if they face Pamela and are killed then the other counselors are not aware and won't know where that's there's something wrong UNLESS they see the dead body. If a person escapes from Pamela then
That person can worn the others but not by radio or phone they must go to the other counselors and tell them. The player themselves can not even talk to players unless they are in close proximity. Now I order for the other counselors to be aware and pick up weapon to fight Pamela the character, not player themselves, must get to another counselor and tell them. Having to press "a" or something for a while to let the other character know. Once the counselors know what's going on they can try to call police or leave by boat or car or something.

Idk just an idea I hope I made sense!

Yes! Stop the press! This is it! I've always wanted to do jobs like cleaning cabins, doing the dishes, and maybe even some ironing in a Friday the 13th game!  

The thing is, it would ruin my experience of the game if I was suddenly killed by Mrs Voorhees when I was just about to earn big XP for wiping down all the kitchen surfaces and cleaning the cabin windows.  

I do really like the last idea about being able warn other players that there's a mad serial killer on the loose, in a game they bought about a mad serial killer on the loose though, that could come in useful. 

I genuinely do admire your enthusiasm though.  :)

Daneasaur

Daneasaur

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

I'm okay with that as it would indeed be weird to simply overlap Jason's movements onto a Pamela model and wouldn't really feel right.

However, I have one thing I want to see concerning her.

At the end of the single player game, after you do all your killing for your mother and Jason returns to the lake, I wanna see Jason (whichever one you are) walk up to the spirit of Pamela and give her a good, simple, hug. 

Jason-and-his-mom-jason-vorhees-10872638

After all, you've been such a good boy for your mom, it'd only make sense that she'd welcome her boy home after he's done such a good job for her.

Or maybe the above sort of image could be for he "best" ending (achieving a score of X number of points).

Maybe the number of points/ranking will net you different end screens and the hug from mother would be the best one?

I find her role as the narrator for Jason to be the most fitting since Jason is silent.

-

On another note, apparently one of the ways they were gonna distract Uber jason in Jason X was to have a VR pamela show up and he'd "kill her" because "that is how evil he's become", but that was pretty stupid.

I think it would have been more interesting if the idea was that she, at first, is telling him to calm down and just "come to mama", so he hugs her, but then her program 'corrupts" and then the VR pamela tells him he's got unfinished work and he goes right back on the rampage.

"He took your girl, Rick. He took your dreams, and he took your life. Dr. Henry West MD. Only thing you got left is your soul, and that belongs to me. Who am I? Lets just say I'm God. Your God. 'Least the only God who's listening right now. What do I want? Oh, Same as any God; a little faith, "for without faith, I am nothing", and without me, you're f***ed. She doesn't have to die. I can help you. I can heal your wounds. We can save her, if you show me some faith, if you trust me, if you PUT. ME. ON."

Redcat345

Redcat345

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

I think this could be done. She could be added in game and would be more terrifying than Jason because she can climb into windows/open doors to get at the counselors. Add in her rain slicker/plaid shirt/sweater from Part 1 with stealth abilities and ambush perks/abilities and you will have a terrifying match. Give her the Sabotage perk to allow her to undo car repairs and cut phone lines.

• Clueless likes this

Signature violation. Please review the rules :). 

Keke_Voorhees

Keke_Voorhees

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Yes! Stop the press! This is it! I've always wanted to do jobs like cleaning cabins, doing the dishes, and maybe even some ironing in a Friday the 13th game!  

The thing is, it would ruin my experience of the game if I was suddenly killed by Mrs Voorhees when I was just about to earn big XP for wiping down all the kitchen surfaces and cleaning the cabin windows.  

I do really like the last idea about being able warn other players that there's a mad serial killer on the loose, in a game they bought about a mad serial killer on the loose though, that could come in useful. 

I genuinely do admire your enthusiasm though.  :)

I liked my idea lol didn't say it was the best

SomebodyFancy

SomebodyFancy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
Would LOVE Pamela as a Killer! The first one is a classic!

Riskman2982

Riskman2982

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

I am by no means a software developer but I do work in the field of IT. I fear much of what I would have to add has already been voiced so I will just say this.

Thank you for focusing more on getting Jason right before even considering adding Pamela. While I would positively enjoy the chance to play as her sometime down the line, I am in agreement with your decisions to improve the Jason experience first with more maps, more Jasons, and more gruesome kills.

That said, I'll keep my dreams of playing as a regular human stealth-based killer for this game in the realm of dreams until such a time as I hear otherwise.

Steam User Name: Riskman2982

Splatterhouse

Splatterhouse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
Would love to see Panela in the game. But would rather see Manhattan and Lazarus maps first.

It's looking like this game is going to make a ton of money on a very small budget, so I'm positive it will be very well supported.
  • bewareofbears likes this

CrazyRalph

CrazyRalph

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,278 posts
  • Location***
The more I think about it, the more id rather have wormy corpse pamela from part 3.
  • Splatterhouse and bewareofbears like this

Alexel

Alexel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
I hate Mrs. Voorhees.
  • JasonVoorhees13 likes this

l3q2vCa7u0C6Dmn8Q.gif

Splatterhouse

Splatterhouse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

The more I think about it, the more id rather have wormy corpse pamela from part 3.

Good shout!! Allows for the supernatural aspect!

Camp Counselor Will

Camp Counselor Will

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

I hate Mrs. Voorhees.

Ahh she's alright, just a bit freaky and I think seeing her run around with that huge freaky grin would freak me out a bit, but it would still be great to see her in the game.

hUZ3iqw.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users