Photo

Will Pamela Be a Playable Character? Ever?

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

The Arrogant Man

The Arrogant Man

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts

yea I was quoting the persone above me. F13 is so full of badass girls and women. I don't understand how the idea of Pamela Voorhees killing a Jock seems so out there to some people when Jason the behemoth has been taking down time and time again by women, sometimes through direct physical confrontation

There's a difference between Final Girls, and the killer. Jason is a freak of nature. Even when he was alive he was pushing superhuman. Pamela is just a normal, well into her late-middle years woman. A bit stronger than the average, but hardly a beast like Jason. Secondly, think about just how much you're asking for. "If we do an entirely new mocap for her, add a bunch of new mechanics for her, adjust the game's balance for her, and spend god knows how much time making sure this all works, than we can play a character significantly less popular than the character we already have." What makes you even think this will work? Let's say she can handle one jock with a baseball bat. I think that's a stretch, but we'll roll with it. It is a game after all. What about two? Or three? Or SEVEN!? It's seven vs one. Seven people who are aware they're being hunted. Not by the all but invincible living Jason. Not by force of nature that is undead Jason. But by a mere, aging woman. A frightening one to be sure, but a normal human woman all the same. On top of that, don't you think making her stealth based would reduce her options? Jason can go full stealth, full tank, or anything in between. Pamela? It's all gonna be stealth.

In regards to the fact that the devs had to reply meaning you aren't the minority. Keep in mind that single player and bots were the most requested features. They were requested by the minority. This message was sent, not because of public outcry, but simply because people who wanted to know why they couldn't play the second most popular killer in the series deserved an answer. Simple as that.

Men called him Thu, and as a god*

in after days beneath his rod

bewildered bowed to him, and made

his ghastly temples in the shade.

Not yet by Men enthralled adored,

now was he Morgoth's mightiest lord,

Master of Wolves, whose shivering howl

for ever echoed in the hills, and foul

enchantments and dark sigaldry

did weave and wield. In glamoury

that necromancer held his hosts

of phantoms and of wandering ghosts,

of misbegotten or spell-wronged

monsters that about him thronged,

working his bidding dark and vile:

the werewolves of the Wizard's Isle.

ResolutionBlaze

ResolutionBlaze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

I mean (adding onto what I said above) you could take it from something like Predator mode in Last Year that they presented.  Pamela can go into a Birds-Eye view of the map (she can't see people obviously) and booby trap various locations and cabins from there.

I mean, she's only featured in one movie.  I could see her being crazy enough to sabotage, booby trap, and all that jazz.  She may also, as someone suggested, disguise as different counselors, which from their end will look like a normal counselor, but from Pamela just look like her wearing the character's shirt.

I could also see her using a shotgun or rifle to give her an automatic advantage (no pun intended) over the counselors.

There are ways to pimp her up, some require exaggeration, and obviously staying true to the movies would be too difficult as they did not know of her killing spree.  But we can set up ways to deny counselors grouping up, so it's easier for her to pick them off one by one.  Imagine her setting up a booby trap in a cabin, rigging a gas leak inside, then flipping off the explosion with a flare gun... I could see her doing that honestly.

I swear I'm not half as angry as I seem to be.

Please give me one star to help cure the new form of cancer called ResolutionBlaze

Check out Unlucky 7, rebooted after three long years of silence!  http://store.steampo...com/app/579120/

The Arrogant Man

The Arrogant Man

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts

I mean (adding onto what I said above) you could take it from something like Predator mode in Last Year that they presented.  Pamela can go into a Birds-Eye view of the map (she can't see people obviously) and booby trap various locations and cabins from there.

I mean, she's only featured in one movie.  I could see her being crazy enough to sabotage, booby trap, and all that jazz.  She may also, as someone suggested, disguise as different counselors, which from their end will look like a normal counselor, but from Pamela just look like her wearing the character's shirt.

I could also see her using a shotgun or rifle to give her an automatic advantage (no pun intended) over the counselors.

There are ways to pimp her up, some require exaggeration, and obviously staying true to the movies would be too difficult as they did not know of her killing spree.  But we can set up ways to deny counselors grouping up, so it's easier for her to pick them off one by one.  Imagine her setting up a booby trap in a cabin, rigging a gas leak inside, then flipping off the explosion with a flare gun... I could see her doing that honestly.

Then what's the point? "If Pamela acts exactly like not her movie counterpart, she might work" How's about we don't have her? Adding all these new mechanics and FUCKING EXPLOSIONS sounds unreasonably difficult for the devs. And what you described just now? It's not scary. What's even the point if you have to change so much about her to make her work?

TheFinalGay

TheFinalGay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Ok I'm not exactly behind on the guns and explosions, but why are you against more content The Arrogant Man? I mean the devs said it would be complicated but that they might be open to going that road sometime later.

It won't take anything away from the main game, fans of Part 1 and Pamela like me will be overjoyed if it does eventually happen and if the devs do decide to make it happen, you can bet that there gonna make sure it works and it's scary and makes sense.

So if she eventually makes it in, just don't play her! And if you think that she's not scary or believable, then get cut up by her and move on to the next game bro

• Bad News Crews likes this

CrazyRalph

CrazyRalph

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts
What if you called the cops and she came behind you and called them back and said "im sorry officer,no problem here. Just a mistake." and they didnt come to help lol
  • ItzToxiedaToxicAvenger and TheFinalGay like this

ResolutionBlaze

ResolutionBlaze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Then what's the point? "If Pamela acts exactly like not her movie counterpart, she might work" How's about we don't have her? Adding all these new mechanics and FUCKING EXPLOSIONS sounds unreasonably difficult for the devs. And what you described just now? It's not scary. What's even the point if you have to change so much about her to make her work?

So the devs shouldn't try to attempt to implement something like this in the future because it's too hard...

In all seriousness though, what you said is completely subjective.  We can't have exaggeration now?  Is there something the matter with creativity?

Idk about you, but if I'm running through the quiet woods listening for her footsteps, and I step on a small mound and then I get blown the fuck up, I'd jump right out of my seat.  Not knowing whether your next step could be your last would scare me... but those suggestions were mostly in order to deny large groups against Pamela, which she would not be able to handle, thus it would be far more beneficial to split up.

Please give me one star to help cure the new form of cancer called ResolutionBlaze

Check out Unlucky 7, rebooted after three long years of silence!  http://store.steampo...com/app/579120/

CrazyRalph

CrazyRalph

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts
@arrogantman your plight against Pamela's rationality makes about as much sense as us losing when the sun comes up.

The80s

The80s

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

The issue with your idea is simple, beyond being too expensive. If I'm the jock, and I see Pamela, I  should be able TO BEAT HER TO DEATH! That's the problem. In Friday The 13th, no one knows they're being hunted. If they did, Pamela wouldn't stand a chance. She's just a woman. I think the game does a good enough job of respecting her legacy as is. I have no desire to play her. If she was available, I probably still wouldn't play her, and I'd be annoyed as a counselor when other people did. If I was unique in this stance, I'd suck it up. But I'm not. Pamela would be waste of time and money. Like I said, I adore Pamela as a villain. She's integral to what makes Jason so interesting. She's also an unimposing woman. She CAN be made scary with tons of effort, but why bother when it seems like a minority of people care?

I really don't mean to sound dismissive, but this idea sounds ridiculous. First, it would look silly. Second, it would take MORE effort to do. Not less.

It was just an idea for how to bring her in without having to put out the full effort of making an in depth skin. Not sure how it would take more effort. I love the idea of what I posted in the pic representing her. Think of it as a metaphor for what happened in the first film. She was unknown to both the audience and the people she killed. Having her as a shadow is no more ridiculous than Jason literally teleporting in the game. We never directly saw him "teleport" but that's how they're representing it in the game. No big deal. It's the same thing here.

It's not a perfect idea, but I figured it'd be better than not having her at all. The POV (while playing as her) fits with the film, from what the audience saw, and the other players seeing her as basically a shadow figure fits with the idea of her being a mystery and completely unknown throughout. It wasn't until the very end that one person recognized her and then she finally revealed herself. My solution to the big reveal is merely a cut scene after the match has ended.

That's one less fully detailed skin they'd have to create. Like the pic I posted, it wouldn't take nearly as much effort as the Jason skins took. So all in all, I don't see what the issue is. Just base her move-set on Jason's, but give her less moves overall, make her smaller in stature, and tweak her stats so they're unique to her. Max stealth and speed. Moderate strength and durability, just not nearly on Jason's level.

I love the idea of the shadowy figure with the only discernible detail being her sweater, pants and shoes with everything else being covered in darkness. Seems spooky to me. Much spookier than seeing a little old lady in full detail running around killing people. 

Forum Signature violation

The Arrogant Man

The Arrogant Man

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts

It was just an idea for how to bring her in without having to put out the full effort of making an in depth skin. Not sure how it would take more effort. I love the idea of what I posted in the pic representing her. Think of it as a metaphor for what happened in the first film. She was unknown to both the audience and the people she killed. Having her as a shadow is no more ridiculous than Jason literally teleporting in the game. We never directly saw him "teleport" but that's how they're representing it in the game. No big deal. It's the same thing here.

It's not a perfect idea, but I figured it'd be better than not having her at all. The POV (while playing as her) fits with the film, from what the audience saw, and the other players seeing her as basically a shadow figure fits with the idea of her being a mystery and completely unknown throughout. It wasn't until the very end that one person recognized her and then she finally revealed herself. My solution to the big reveal is merely a cut scene after the match has ended.

That's one less fully detailed skin they'd have to create. Like the pic I posted, it wouldn't take nearly as much effort as the Jason skins took. So all in all, I don't see what the issue is. Just base her move-set on Jason's, but give her less moves overall, make her smaller in stature, and tweak her stats so they're unique to her. Max stealth and speed. Moderate strength and durability, just not nearly on Jason's level.

I love the idea of the shadowy figure with the only discernible detail being her sweater, pants and shoes with everything else being covered in darkness. Seems spooky to me. Much spookier than seeing a little old lady in full detail running around killing people. 

Here's the issue, when you shine a light right on Pamela's face and look at her up close, you'll be looking at a 3D Mrs. Gamenwatch. It'll look silly. At a distance? Sure. But she won't be killing people at a distance. Here's the other issue. If Pamela is just a tiny Kane Hodder silhouette with a Pamela sweater, what's even the point of having her?

So the devs shouldn't try to attempt to implement something like this in the future because it's too hard...

Too hard, and not a good idea in the first place.

In all seriousness though, what you said is completely subjective.  We can't have exaggeration now?  Is there something the matter with creativity?

Once again I ask, what's the point? If you have to change everything about Pamela, why have her at all? And I'm okay with exaggeration. Look at Jason's size! He's huge! Way bigger than he was in the movies.

Idk about you, but if I'm running through the quiet woods listening for her footsteps, and I step on a small mound and then I get blown the fuck up, I'd jump right out of my seat.  Not knowing whether your next step could be your last would scare me... but those suggestions were mostly in order to deny large groups against Pamela, which she would not be able to handle, thus it would be far more beneficial to split up.

That's absurd. No one except you wants to introduce guns and landmines into a Friday The 13th game. Case and point...

Ok I'm not exactly behind on the guns and explosions, but why are you against more content The Arrogant Man? I mean the devs said it would be complicated but that they might be open to going that road sometime later.

That's actually a solid point. My issue is that I (and many others) want other content. I don't want the devs to spend time and money on something that likely won't work out anyway. Maybe if they had NOTHING else on their pallet. But honestly, I'd rather have Roy.

It won't take anything away from the main game, fans of Part 1 and Pamela like me will be overjoyed if it does eventually happen and if the devs do decide to make it happen, you can bet that there gonna make sure it works and it's scary and makes sense.

Unless it sucks. That's the problem. I don't think they CAN put it in, in a way that's scary and makes sense.

So if she eventually makes it in, just don't play her! And if you think that she's not scary or believable, then get cut up by her and move on to the next game bro

I don't wanna be that guy!

What if you called the cops and she came behind you and called them back and said "im sorry officer,no problem here. Just a mistake." and they didnt come to help lol

The only thing I've heard that actually makes Pamela seem like a half decent idea :lol:

@arrogantman your plight against Pamela's rationality makes about as much sense as us losing when the sun comes up.

Okay man, you need to understand something. When they say "survive the night" they don't literally mean that Jason goes away when the sun comes up. It's just a less gamey way of saying "this game has a time limit". That's all. The sun probably doesn't even come up. It's likely just a message that says "you survived the night" boom.

CrazyRalph

CrazyRalph

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts
And you need to understand that it still will not make sense. Surviving the night will never make sense. Yeah you got an unspoken time limit. Why? No reason. The sun came up. What happened? Who knows. Id rather something really happened that said you win or lose because ________. Not, hey its morning. You win.

The Arrogant Man

The Arrogant Man

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts

And you need to understand that it still will not make sense. Surviving the night will never make sense. Yeah you got an unspoken time limit. Why? No reason. The sun came up. What happened? Who knows. Id rather something really happened that said you win or lose because ________. Not, hey its morning. You win.

The time limit is solely for gameplay reasons. That's all. Nothing else.

The80s

The80s

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Here's the issue, when you shine a light right on Pamela's face and look at her up close, you'll be looking at a 3D Mrs. Gamenwatch. It'll look silly. At a distance? Sure. But she won't be killing people at a distance. Here's the other issue. If Pamela is just a tiny Kane Hodder silhouette with a Pamela sweater, what's even the point of having her?

No, she would have the shape/look of Pamela, not Jason. As for moves, of course I would love for them to add more moves specifically for her, but I'm just saying if they didn't want to go to all that extra work and expense, I would be totally fine if they just gave her a handful of Jason's moves (not the more defining ones) just maybe some choking and stabbing and certain environmental kills. Perhaps they could tweak it in a way that made it look slightly different from how Jason looks doing it, IDK.

As for the silhouette, just look at the pic I posted. That's basically how I'd expect it to look, even right up close. May be a little corny, but to me it works. I think it'd be more weird to be running from a fully detailed Pamela, especially if you were the Jock or the Badass. It would just be silly. But running from a mysterious dark shape, now that would actually be pretty cool. 

All in all though I'm just trying to think of a way they can include her without having to go all out by completely creating an all new character from scratch (at least a fully detailed one). I'd rather have a version of her than not at all. And doing it in first person would be a cool alteration from doing it in Third Person as Jason. It'd be a good way to differentiate the two. Plus, the silhouette thing wouldn't be as prevalent as it sounds. It's not like all others players are going to gather around when she's killing someone else. Even if they do, seeing the dark shadow of her would be pretty cool. You could look at it as going along with the more supernatural elements of the series (even though she directly was not supernatural). It's more metaphor than anything for what we witnessed in the original film. 

Forum Signature violation

ResolutionBlaze

ResolutionBlaze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Too hard, and not a good idea in the first place.

Once again I ask, what's the point? If you have to change everything about Pamela, why have her at all? And I'm okay with exaggeration. Look at Jason's size! He's huge! Way bigger than he was in the movies.

That's absurd. No one except you wants to introduce guns and landmines into a Friday The 13th game. Case and point...

That's actually a solid point. My issue is that I (and many others) want other content. I don't want the devs to spend time and money on something that likely won't work out anyway. Maybe if they had NOTHING else on their pallet. But honestly, I'd rather have Roy.

Unless it sucks. That's the problem. I don't think they CAN put it in, in a way that's scary and makes sense.

I don't wanna be that guy!

The only thing I've heard that actually makes Pamela seem like a half decent idea :lol:

Okay man, you need to understand something. When they say "survive the night" they don't literally mean that Jason goes away when the sun comes up. It's just a less gamey way of saying "this game has a time limit". That's all. The sun probably doesn't even come up. It's likely just a message that says "you survived the night" boom.

You haven't brought up any other ppints except "don't add her cuz it's dumb"

Again, do you have something against being creative with a killer that only got one movie?

All you've done thus far is just get angry and scream subjective, biased nonsense.

But my point was that Pamela would be a trap killer mostly.

Bad News Crews

Bad News Crews

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

I like the idea of traps and disguises, but I think the traps would be better if they were non-lethal.  If someone gets caught in a trap (say a bear trap or a rope trap) they will be highlighted for the Mrs. Voorhees player on her screen or map, no matter how far away they are.  In addition, the trapped counselor will call for help and will be highlighted for any other counselor's in the general vicinity.  This way, the Mrs. Voorhees player could lie in wait and use the trapped counselor as bait.  At any point in time, Mrs. Voorhees can go up to the trapped counselor and kill them.  I guess a trap can be escaped from after a certain amount of time passes.

I also think that Pamela should be able to use any weapons or traps a counselor can use.  If she kills a counselor who is carrying a weapon then she can pick it up and use it herself.  Or if she finds a weapon lying around she can pick it up as well.  Pamela with a shotgun would be crazy, lol. 

She should probably get something that improves her stealth, as well.  I do like the whole disguise thing where she would look like another counselor from far away, but as she gets close you will notice something is off.  That could make things pretty intense.

But yeah, I would say if they did decide to go through with a Mrs. Voorhees update that they should go the full nine yards and update the animations to suit her properly.  A lot of work, yes, but if they decided to actually implement her then it should be done right.  I am pretty sure Wes and company would agree with that.

Now is this pretty much a pipe dream?  Yeah, lol.  I wish somebody would drop a million bucks on Wes' doorstep and be like, "Get Pam in the game, bruh" but I don't think that's going to happen, heh. 

But it's still fun to shoot ideas about how she would play if she ever did get added.  And I don't really get the hate against Mrs. Voorhees as she would add some variety to the game.  Jason is awesome and everything, but Pam seemed to get shit done as well.  But a lot of mechanics would have to be added to the game to make it work properly since she is a lot different from Jason.  Still, I would love to see it happen, but the chances do seem pretty low, unfortunately. 

Take care.

Thebest41

Thebest41

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
Honestly I would much rather have mark than Pamela I'm not saying I don't want her in but I've always felt bad for mark and I think Pamela should come later

Also CrazyRalph I like to think that someone's coming to get the counselors in the morning

CrazyRalph

CrazyRalph

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts
@thebest, now....if there was a cutscene that showed a bus or something come to pick them up when the time limit expired that would be ok. Lets hope for a sensible end.

ResolutionBlaze

ResolutionBlaze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

@thebest, now....if there was a cutscene that showed a bus or something come to pick them up when the time limit expired that would be ok. Lets hope for a sensible end.

It is sensible.

It's called "I don't want the game to last forever"

CrazyRalph

CrazyRalph

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts
Morning ending everything in of itself is not sensible. Despite what you say.

DEATH

DEATH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts
  • LocationEverywhere.

Honestly I would much rather have mark than Pamela I'm not saying I don't want her in but I've always felt bad for mark and I think Pamela should come later

Also CrazyRalph I like to think that someone's coming to get the counselors in the morning

Who the hell is Mark? Do you mean Roy? If that's the case then I'd want Pamela more. I never liked Roy and always thought that little twist was a huge disappointment.

Culp

Culp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
He is talking about the paraplegic counselor in Part II.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users