wes

Will Pamela Be a Playable Character? Ever?

138 posts in this topic

What are your ideas on how she would play? it wouldn't look or feel right if she just ran around like Jason does.

Stalk and slash,picking up weapons from the camp,hiding In places for stealth kills,sabotaging radios and generators.
Mark K likes this

My two cents:

I think she should have some sort of Slenderman-style invisibility to let her set up ambushes. I know it's not realistic in a literal sense, but it would help explain how in the movie she can just show up in places. Sort of the same reason Jason can morph.

During invisibility you would be unable to attack.  You can *not* "decloak" when a counselor is within line of sight (it would not depend on whether or not someone is looking, this is to prevent cheap attacks, not just immersion-breaking). You also would be unable to interact with objects when others are in line of sight (so no weird self-opening windows -- this would also be immersion breaking). You also could not "cloak" in line of sight, also to avoid immersion-break.

Pamela would also have the morph ability, but only would be able to use it while already invisible. i.e. to morph you would have to not be in line of sight, then go invisible, *then* use morph, then once you reached your destination you would still be invisible, and have to move out of sight to perform actions again.

Pamela would start the match already-invisible so she could set up first kill or first morph. All invisible movement would be silent, morphs would be silent, with *maybe* out-of-sight object interactions like doors and windows being audible.

i.e. the invisibility would not be "real" invisibility in the in-game lore sense, she's not actually meant to be invisible, it's just a tool to create situations for the narrative.

I think zombie-Pamela from the end of Part III is the best way to proceed. She can perform the same type of kills as Jason etc.

That would be the only easy way to do it. Only problem is, since she'll be smaller than Jason you can expect the animations to be out of synch. As an example, here's a gameplay clip in Assassins Creed Unity where the disguise skill is used to play as a kid.

Splatterhouse likes this

I would just have a timer whenever a player is in water. If they are in water for so long then zombie Pamela rises from the water and grabs your counselor and drowns them.

I had some Ideas about how to make Pamela work in the game. Since she has no real powers instead use what she had in the movies. Heres some idea's.

She is a all stealth / intelligent killer... This means NO Video tape scratches and NO Ominous music when shes near.

#1 Ability she can show up on the HUD as a friendly player allowing her to get close without alarming the players, when this ability is activated in game walkie talkies become disabled "Because She has one herself and is holding down the transmit button"  ;)

#2 Costumes, she can temporarily disguise herself as a counselor, in combination with #1 this would make her a serious threat. "Maybe make it so she wears the same clothing as a counselor and a wig but keep her face appearance as her own, so that a counselor with a sharp eye can tell its not who they appear to be.

#3 Plant Boobie Traps, Jason gets tripped up by bear traps because hes stupid. But Pamela is smart allow her to have a CD ability where she can place bear traps the same as counselors can, maybe even trip wires that are barely visible but when activated by a counselor going through a door way triggers an axe that swings from overhead.

#4 A Mothers Rage, her last ability unlock like Jasons rage, instead this allows her to have faster movement speed and reduces cooldowns.

Some environmental Abilities, Where she cannot teleport like Jason instead give her the ability to cancel progress made by counselors. For example if the counselors are able to call the police, allow Pamela to  be able to call the police back and say it was a prank call by some punk kids no need to come, all is well. She can only do this once, this will give Pamela the ability to extend the round a little longer. 

Some more Environmental Abilities, sabotage the car undue what has been done to fix the car. This might sound a little over powered but it will cause the counselors to rethink their strategy when facing Pamela versus fighting Jason, Counselors would instead have to collect and stash items, maybe hidden in a bush or a house till all items "keys, Gas, and Battery" are all collected then the counselors would have to work together and fix all 3 components at the same time, as to not risk Sabotage, by Pamela.

And last but not least, Pamela CAN Die, She has a health pool like the counselors, but hers because she is driven by a mothers rage is considerable higher and can regenerate.

Pamela would create a new type of a fear amongst the counselors... Eachother. Instead of Ominous music and the crashing down of doors like the kind of fear Jason envokes, instead it will be is that person entering the house a friend or foe, Do I now work alone since working as a team is more risky.

Pamela will be of course a little harder to play then Jason, but this will give the try hard players looking for a challenge someone to play as, and it really wouldn't require any re map design or counselor changes, its basically just adding in Pamela's Abilities as stated above, and making some changes to the escape system. Pamela wouldn't change the core game mechanics, she instead would just change the Meta, which TBH would significantly increase the longevity of the game.

Well said.

For a lot of these characters that require dramatically different playstyles, you could make it work if you attached them to a new additional map, and then you could have the new character exclusively played on the new map. Then you can design a map around a new character design without taking away from he general balance of the game.

For a lot of these characters that require dramatically different playstyles, you could make it work if you attached them to a new additional map, and then you could have the new character exclusively played on the new map. Then you can design a map around a new character design without taking away from he general balance of the game.

That makes sense for UberJason, but canonically Pamela, Roy, et al are operating around the same Crystal Lake area. Should the layout of Camp Crystal Lake, Packanack, Higgins be *that* different?

Stalk and slash,picking up weapons from the camp,hiding In places for stealth kills,sabotaging radios and generators.

I would definitely like to see her as playable at some point, probably in single player, as a directly stealthy game mode. The reliance of stealth would be paramount for her playability, and survival. It could be real fun, maybe some new abilities involved like a Jason water attack.

You could make it so that a dead counselor can come back into the game as Pamela and help Jason out, but she would be limited compared to Jason.

Nothingface likes this

To be honest i want to play as Pamela, maybe like in a sort of prequel dlc.

She would be more human than Jason so that means more weaker and no supernatural powers. Just good old stealth and killing.

You could make it so that a dead counselor can come back into the game as Pamela and help Jason out, but she would be limited compared to Jason.

This is a super cool idea. Not sure how it would work but the idea of her creeping into camp and helping out Jason for some reason makes me super happy.