NMErickson

Last Year Delayed to August 2017

74 posts in this topic

@JohannFKNFaust

As it looks  your feelings betrayed you. :D

There is another sign of life from "Last Year" and it looks pretty good. The game is still in development. The release has been delayed a little bit from November 2016 to August 2017 to improve the quality and the gameplay. But what they show right now looks pretty impressive. So it is very possible that we can have both games and then we can decided which one is better or worser.

Predator Mode from "Last Year"

@JohannFKNFaust

There is another sign of life from "Last Year" and it looks pretty good. The game is still in development. The release has been delayed a little bit from November 2016 to August 2017 to improve the quality and the gameplay. But what they show right now looks pretty impressive. So it is very possible that we can have both games and then we can decided which one is better or worser.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skZS-fviHBI

I did see this but thank you, yeah I'm looking forward to this game as well. I'll honestly play both equally depending on which I'm in the mood for.

just watched the footage its looking pretty nice too but I really only play on consoles so F13 still wins in my book but who knows may have to pickup a new PC because this does look pretty nice!! (side bar) kinda wondering who their legendary killer will be F13 has Jason, DBD got Micheal would be kinda cool if they did Chucky with the predator mode I can see him running around laying traps or crashing from the ceiling on top of a victim  

Last Year is set in 1996, so it would be cool if they could get Ghostface, somehow. Chucky probably wouldn't be a good idea. It would be like Odd Job in Goldeneye.

Summer Camp was actually announced a month before Last Year, so technically they had the idea first. Given the short timespan, though, I guess it can be said that it was a coincidence they just both had the same idea. While Dead By Daylight seems to be taking advantage of the idea of asymmetrical multiplayer horror, it doesn't appear to have much in common with either game besides the multiple survivors against one killer. DbD is pretty much just hide and seek with murder (with only two different ways to kill people, though), so it's not very concerning. It'll probably lose a lot of its player base once F13 and Last Year release.

I meant that Last Year was announced before F13. Because it was. Summer Camp was announced first, but again, it was only a concept at the time. And DbD is dead once both these games are out.

I meant that Last Year was announced before F13. Because it was. Summer Camp was announced first, but again, it was only a concept at the time. And DbD is dead once both these games are out.

Since Summer Camp was Friday the 13th: The Game, just without the license, it was the same concept. Again, though, they announced first. Summer Camp just evolved into F13 once they got the license.

Since Summer Camp was Friday the 13th: The Game, just without the license, it was the same concept. Again, though, they announced first. Summer Camp just evolved into F13 once they got the license.

I'm aware! You know exactly what I meant.

Honestly, my history with Last Year has been one of continual disappointment. I backed it, thinking it would be the slasher game I always wanted... than F13 happened.

"No big deal," I thought. "Now I get two great 80's slasher games"

Then the LY devs revealed they moved the setting to the 90s... and made the killers all look boring, looking more like random homeless people than slasher movie villains. I mean, none of them even wear a mask or look intimidating.

And now they've delayed it, meaning F13 is going to come out first? I basically don't have a reason to play it anymore.

While interesting f13 will turn out to be a better game than last year for a few reasons

1 brand recognition

Anyone who is into horror instantly can recognize Jason last year dosnt have this

2 better dev interaction

With the virtual cabin interviews with fans horror conventions livestreams and screenshots every Friday a beta And doing everything they can to please fans (singleplayer and bots and Tommy) the devs are far ahead of those running last year and it shows

3 f13 is coming to consoles

More players equals more cash equals better post launch support

Dev interaction?

I'm just here to tell you 'soon,' and 'more news coming.'

Hahahahahaha. HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHA. HHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAA

I mean, sup.

Sorry Ben, this still counts as interaction. Soon or soon it's all the same lol

Dev interaction? 

I'm just here to tell you 'soon,' and 'more news coming.' 

Hahahahahaha. HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHA. HHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAA

I mean, sup. 

You diabolical son of a... wonderful woman.

Can I has geampley plz?

The Arrogant Man likes this

@JohannFKNFaust

Looks okay.  Though the content, in my opinion, screams "Dead By Daylight Launch"

Three killers?  They better be pretty extensive then.

BUT it seems like F13th has more in terms of variety.  Three maps randomly generated?  Sweet.  Seven Jasons?  Awesome.  10 Counselors/Heroes?  Amazing.

Based on what this looks like we get:  Three killers, idk how many maps, and four "survivors".

I have no doubt it will be fun and it'll probably be nothing like Friday The 13th.  But it screams "White Noise 2" to me.

Looks okay.  Though the content, in my opinion, screams "Dead By Daylight Launch"

Three killers?  They better be pretty extensive then.

BUT it seems like F13th has more in terms of variety.  Three maps randomly generated?  Sweet.  Seven Jasons?  Awesome.  10 Counselors/Heroes?  Amazing.

Based on what this looks like we get:  Three killers, idk how many maps, and four "survivors".

I have no doubt it will be fun and it'll probably be nothing like Friday The 13th.  But it screams "White Noise 2" to me.

Yeah, pretty much. Five survivors? That's not a lot. To be fair, they all have unique abilities and the game apparently has an extensive story. They apparently have a lot of maps, with a lot of variety, which is one thing the game unquestionably has on F13. other than that...

Also, "White Noise 2" is in early access. Not saying it'll turn out great, but it's already decent, and it isn't finished. Give it a chance.

Alright, I'll bite.

Last Year, based on what this told me, sounds like a combination of Dead By Daylight and White Noise 2.

Nothing like White Noise, from what I've seen. And as far as Dead by Daylight goes, maybe in the sense that you have to repair certain items to escape (in this case, a vehicle). But in Last Year, the characters have more depth to them, each survivor has different stats and different roles to fulfill (assault, support, scout, technician, medic). The maps seem to be more interactive as well; there's a high school, a mall, a suburban neighborhood, a summer camp (reaching back to why people call it a F13 ripoff). Plus, you can actually fight back against the killer instead of just running away or throwing a glowstick at him.

While I'm sure that F13 will be the absolute best of the three, I'm confident that Last Year will at least be better than Dead by Daylight, which is pretty much just hide and seek + murder.

Alright, I'll bite.

Last Year, based on what this told me, sounds like a combination of Dead By Daylight and White Noise 2.

Dead by Daylight is a fast, arcadey, low graphic, high content release slasher game.

F13 is shaping up to a slower, more methodical, good graphic, Feature rich slasher game

Last Year is something in between...

It has better graphics than DBD, But worse than F13

Says its going to have 3 killers at launch like DBD... so I'm assuming an ala cart DLC focused model like DBD... (Huge negative for me)

Uses a de-spawn system for killer mobility and to set up attacks. Survivors can attack the killer like F13, but apparently the killer is going to be a LOT weaker than Jason.

And the killer will have to set up traps to separate survivors to pick off stragglers. (Might be cool)

Over all last year is low on my list of games to keep an eye on... it may be cool but i'm not holding my breath.

Your point. As far as I can tell, Last Year seems to have better graphics than that. Keep in mind, my internet is quite shit, so I'm not watching these videos on HD. I'm just sayin, so far, Last Year looks like it has better graphics. That's not to say F13 looks bad, or that LY looks a lot better, just that it looks a little better. Again, not that it matters much

Your point. As far as I can tell, Last Year seems to have better graphics than that. Keep in mind, my internet is quite shit, so I'm not watching these videos on HD. I'm just sayin, so far, Last Year looks like it has better graphics. That's not to say F13 looks bad, or that LY looks a lot better, just that it looks a little better. Again, not that it matters much

I think it may look better because lighting is more varied in Last Year gameplay... Thus far in F13th we've only had night time settings... we haven't really had light in any recent videos (pre-alpha trailer doesn't count).

I could also be biased because Last Year seems to be set in a school it looks like from the footage I watched, and Friday The 13th has mostly outdoor environments.  Outdoor environments, at least to me, always look better than indoor.

But I am unsure how you can make such a determination considering the very few pieces of footage we've had thus far... It's all been indoors, and F13th has been posting various images on Twitter and also has more outdoor environments.

Simply saying it looks better doesn't cut if for me.  WHY does it look better?

IMO last year has decent graphics, but nothing special. The killer was the best looking texture I saw in the entire trailer, and that makes sense as the killer is the star of the show.

The However if the Digital Cabin is any indicator of what THIS games current graphics look like id say it looks a bit nicer than anything last year has put out.

The worst thing about F13 is there foliage, trees and plants look meh. Everything else has only gotten better with each pass. (and the lighting looks CRAZY good now.)

HOWEVER! The real kicker is everything that I have seen about last year has shown it in a MUCH smaller area than F13. You see similar looking hallways and corridors in every video they release.

It appears to be much more linear than F13. But that's because they haven't really released any outdoors footage OR mentioned how big there map size is. And these 2 factors are HUGELY important when measuring graphics. Its a lot easier to have good graphics on a tiny ass map than it is to have good graphics on something the size of a crystal lake map.

Honestly, I really don't eve consider graphics a major factor when buying a game. As long as things aren't an eyesore, I'll be fine.

Actually, considering how shitty my laptop is, super high graphics can be a bit of a turn off at times, as it means I likely can't play it.

It appears to be much more linear than F13. But that's because they haven't really released any outdoors footage OR mentioned how big there map size is. And these 2 factors are HUGELY important when measuring graphics. Its a lot easier to have good graphics on a tiny ass map than it is to have good graphics on something the size of a crystal lake map.

So? This isn't about why it looks better. Or what the better game is. It has better graphics. Superior lighting, superior character models, superior textures. Simple as that. It's not a huge difference, and it doesn't really matter much, but it's still the case.

So? This isn't about why it looks better. Or what the better game is. It has better graphics. Superior lighting, superior character models, superior textures. Simple as that. It's not a huge difference, and it doesn't really matter much, but it's still the case.

I disagree, I judge a games graphics as part of its feature set containing both quantity and scope as well as polys.

Firstly I think F13 graphically looks better. Not by much but it still looks better. At least when we look at the content in the stills that Ben has been showing off. You cant even get a good look at the character models in the video for Last Year besides the killer so its hard to judge that.

I'm unsure what game has better lighting as I have YET to see any new video footage since F13 got its new lighting tech. The stills look AMAZING.. but I'm going to need video to have an opinion on lighting. But lets be fair nether of these games are Outlast 2..

And of course NONE of this is taking into account things like Animations and total game assets.

Over all its close enough visually that I shouldn't even care. But the odds and ins like Animations/Amount of different assets in a given space and how much space all matter... A LOT.

If your games the size of a closet and the only thing in it is a vase BUT it looks photo realistic.. Id still say its got shittier graphics than a game 1000 times as big with graphics anywhere even remotely close.

But at the end of the day THIS IS ALL IRRELEVANT! As neither game is done, and until the final graphics passes are in everything can change and nothing is set in stone. :D