wes

Why is the Beta PC only and not consoles?

49 posts in this topic

If its $375 probably not, but if you have a link with specs I am sure someone will take a look.

if anyone can help thanks

System Specs

• Intel Core i7 - 4765T Quad Core
  • nVidia GeForce GTX GPU w/2GB GDDR5
  • 8GB DDR3
  • 1TB 7200RPM HDD
  • 2x2 802.11 Wireless Card
  • Steam Controller

Hey guys, if you read some of my post I'm not a PC gamer I run Xbox & PS4. but I came across the Alienware Alpha Ad, been reading a lot of mixed reviews and before I spend the money would like some 1st hand feedback, any of you own it? have any feedback, will it run this game no problem,would it be a good purchase? thinking about getting it so I can play beta and order PC version too then I'll have game on all 3 systems and at gamestop only $375 

Buddy why?  Most beta's in the industry only run for 3 days...maybe a week if there doing some serious testing.  Save your money.

Buddy why?  Most beta's in the industry only run for 3 days...maybe a week if there doing some serious testing.  Save your money.

well was thinking about this game and seen couple upcoming only PC games that wont be on console so looking for something affordable and good since it does have a control pad

I agree their really isnt any game worth buying a gaming pc. a lot of people told me to just upgrade my labtop to get it to play the beta but i feel that isnt even worth it. $400 plus dollars can be used on other stuff. A true gaming pc is around $2000 so a console is the way to go. I wish they would offer the console guys something other then beta keys that are useless for us.

if anyone can help thanks

System Specs

• Intel Core i7 - 4765T Quad Core
  • nVidia GeForce GTX GPU w/2GB GDDR5
  • 8GB DDR3
  • 1TB 7200RPM HDD
  • 2x2 802.11 Wireless Card
  • Steam Controller

Not enough info on that GPU to make a good determination but any GPU with only 2 gigs of ram is not worth it.

As jason voorhees said if u want top end gaming on pc it will cost u about $2000 ive been looking into it myself lately as i want to upgrade my laptop eventually.

As jason voorhees said if u want top end gaming on pc it will cost u about $2000 ive been looking into it myself lately as i want to upgrade my laptop eventually.

It doesnt have to run that much. Here's some example parts that put together would make a REALLY nice rig for anyone.

A nice motherboard is 120 bucks: https://www.amazon.com/ASRock-DDR3-Motherboards-FATAL1TY-KILLER/dp/B00KFLV594/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1481484265&sr=8-2&keywords=asrock+lga+1150

A good video card can be had for under 300. https://www.amazon.com/MSI-GAMING-RX-480-4G/dp/B01KIZUF7Y/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1481484123&sr=8-2&keywords=radeon+480

16 gigs of RAM. $100 https://www.amazon.com/G-SKILL-Ripjaws-PC4-25600-Platform-F4-3200C16D-16GVK/dp/B0153XBZKW/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1481484196&sr=8-3&keywords=gskill+ripjaws+16gb

A very good CPU can be had for 235. https://www.amazon.com/Intel-Core-i5-4690K-Processor-BX80646I54690K/dp/B00KPRWB9G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1481484244&sr=8-1&keywords=4690k

You'll need a power supply to run it. I usually suggest 750 watt minimum for a gaming PC. You DO NOT SKIMP on a power supply. Get a reputable brand. EVGA is good. Hundred bucks: https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-SuperNOVA-Modular-Warranty-220-G2-0750-XR/dp/B00IKDETOW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1481484518&sr=8-1&keywords=evga+750w

1tb hard drive will run you about $75. Take your pick. No reason to link a suggestion, they're everywhere.

Case will run you as much as you want to spend. Another hundred bucks is generous, though you can spend more. Just get something decent with adequate cooling. 

If you have to buy Windows, that of course will run you $125.

Most people already have a monitor, keyboard and mouse. If you have to buy them then it of course will add more but you dont need a $300 monitor. So everything I listed above totals (with prime shipping, of course, so no extra) to about $1150. Well under the $2k mark. You dont NEED a solid state hard drive. Sure they're nice but it doesnt affect in game performance or framerates.

It's easily upgradeable for when the next gen graphics cards come out but the 8 gig RX 480 I linked will last quite a while. I'm still running an R9 290 myself and since I am  one of those guys that will only use Radeon/AMD video cards there's nothing out there that makes sense for me to upgrade to yet. (I like AMD's image quality better than Nvidia's. Some/mostpeople dont care.)

None of the components I listed above are compromises, they are all excellent quality. I use them as examples but put them together and you have a very competent rig. It's also overclockable to squeeze out some more performance if that's ever something you want to experiment with - and I do suggest it with the Intel "K" processors. MOdern motherboards make it very simple, though you'll want to purchase a cooling upgrade if you want to try it out. My own 4690k doesnt OC very well but that's the luck of the draw. And I'm on stock cooling. 

All that to say, $2000 for a gaming PC is the luxury stuff and it doesnt have to come near that to get good FPS no matter what you throw at it.

Davidt likes this

Just to clarify, I understand the beta is going to be PC only, but if we pre-ordered on a console will we still get PC beta keys? (I pre-ordered digitally on Steam and PS4 because I have friends who play on both and am excited for the game, but it might affect friends pre-orders if they get it on the PS4 and can't get into the beta.)

Just to clarify, I understand the beta is going to be PC only, but if we pre-ordered on a console will we still get PC beta keys? (I pre-ordered digitally on Steam and PS4 because I have friends who play on both and am excited for the game, but it might affect friends pre-orders if they get it on the PS4 and can't get into the beta.)

A pre-order of the game regardless of platform will qualify you for Beta Keys.

Moiren likes this

I know the beta was PC Only my question is has the game even been started on consoles yet has the dev team got PS4 And Xbox one Dev kits to start developing the Game on Current Gen Consoles.

I waited and waited, but my Atari 2600 beta cartridge never came in the mail... :(

Lol would an atari even still be working these days?

Lol would an atari even still be working these days?

Mine does! I hook it up to a 1984 TV and play it as intended.....channel 3 and flip the switch in the back to computer!! Lol. Seriously still works tho as does my original NES! My son, who is a COD beast, struggled to make it thru the 1st level of Mario bros! I whoop his ass at "Combat" too!

Mine does! I hook it up to a 1984 TV and play it as intended.....channel 3 and flip the switch in the back to computer!! Lol. Seriously still works tho as does my original NES! My son, who is a COD beast, struggled to make it thru the 1st level of Mario bros! I whoop his ass at "Combat" too!

I guess the really old shit is made to last stuff these days a couple years and its needing an upgrade