• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

BloodOnTheRocks

BloodOnTheRocks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

I tried DbD for a few hours just to see what everyone was talking about. It wasnt fun. It was completely repetetive, it was very twitchy, and annoying in general. Visibility sucks. seems like every level has high grass so you cannot see players more than a few feet away. It's super fast paced which builds no mood or tension. And I hate the kill system. From what we have seen of gameplay of F13 it seems quite different and I hope Im right.

The devs have said that Jason is OP and he SHOULD be. The killers in DbD are WEAK. The only reason they're even the killers is because the survivors cannot attack them.

Nothingface

Nothingface

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

I tried DbD for a few hours just to see what everyone was talking about. It wasnt fun. It was completely repetetive, it was very twitchy, and annoying in general. Visibility sucks. seems like every level has high grass so you cannot see players more than a few feet away. It's super fast paced which builds no mood or tension. And I hate the kill system. From what we have seen of gameplay of F13 it seems quite different and I hope Im right.

The devs have said that Jason is OP and he SHOULD be. The killers in DbD are WEAK. The only reason they're even the killers is because the survivors cannot attack them.

If you want a slower paced game of the same type try out White Noise 2.

Its the same premise of 4 v 1 Asymmetric horror, But the game has a slower pace and everyone is in first person. It relies on atmosphere and lighting more than twitch controls and meta builds. You can also choose to be the killer pre game.

I understand the allure of always being the hunter. Its my favorite roll, (Far more so than survivor,) But with the amount of players we are talking about with Friday the 13th is 8..  8 player Asymmetric game ?! That's UNHEARD of outside of little indie games like Dead Realm..

Matter of fact I cant think of another one BESIDES Dead Realm. And ya that game had to have random killers to get lobbies to launch as well.

• DamonD7 and The Arrogant Man like this

"He is Jason, the man who came back from hell with the strength of 1,000 retards." - Random Redditor

Sam Savage Cash

Sam Savage Cash

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Jpops, by making me come to this you've completely ruined the point of my post. I specifically asked for a Gun employee to give a clear explanation of how the current system is working. This does not provide that, and makes it much less likely that my request will be seen and answered. Your post in my thread was completely unclear too. Not cool man, not cool.

Also, I specifically asked a question. It wasn't a suggestion or feedback, so you've directed me from the correct forum to an incorrect one. 

I posted in: Friday the 13th: The Game General Discussion

Talk Friday the 13th: The Game with the community about gameplay! Have comments, questions or concerns directly relating to the game? Post here!

This one is: Friday the 13th: The Game -- Suggestions/Feedback

Have ideas about what you want to see in the game? Got a cool thought about something you'd think would be cool for the game? Perhaps you've got feedback from what you've seen so far? Post here!

JPops

JPops

Slasher

• Administrators
  • 1,933 posts
Sam I am sorry you feel that way. We need to manage these threads so they do not get out of control. As I said in my post nothing has been announced. I also referred you here if you want to use this as a reference.

We hear you and know that there's a lot of people that want to be Jason and a lot that don't want to be Jason. We will have more news on a system we believe is going to work well for as many people as possible. It's impossible to please everyone, but we hope to get as many positive aspects in place overall :).

Also it is not less likely to be read. Everything is read here.

Posted Image

Sam Savage Cash

Sam Savage Cash

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

That would be fine if they were the same thing, but they're not. One is a discussion on why a proposed method won't (in one opinion) work. The other is a direct question, done in a specific way as to only really get the required attention, rather than cluttering up someone else's thread needlessly or harassing Gun Media via e-mail/Kickstarter/PS4 messages. This is actually counter-productive! XD

GunMedia_Ben

GunMedia_Ben

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 746 posts
  • LocationLexington, KY

Jpops, by making me come to this you've completely ruined the point of my post. I specifically asked for a Gun employee to give a clear explanation of how the current system is working. This does not provide that, and makes it much less likely that my request will be seen and answered. Your post in my thread was completely unclear too. Not cool man, not cool.

Also, I specifically asked a question. It wasn't a suggestion or feedback, so you've directed me from the correct forum to an incorrect one. 

I posted in: Friday the 13th: The Game General Discussion

Talk Friday the 13th: The Game with the community about gameplay! Have comments, questions or concerns directly relating to the game? Post here!

This one is: Friday the 13th: The Game -- Suggestions/Feedback

Have ideas about what you want to see in the game? Got a cool thought about something you'd think would be cool for the game? Perhaps you've got feedback from what you've seen so far? Post here!

I'm going to agree with JPops here, as this is a thread of discussion already exists. We have yet to talk about the overall specifics as we're testing out the system we want to utilize. When we do come to what we believe will be the best overall solution, we'll go more in depth :)

Please be sure to check on the forum topics before making new ones from here on out. Thanks!

• handzen likes this

Gun Media Junior Producer and Community Manager

r80PnFy.gif

My Personal Instagram

Sam Savage Cash

Sam Savage Cash

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

I'm going to agree with JPops here, as this is a thread of discussion already exists. We have yet to talk about the overall specifics as we're testing out the system we want to utilize. When we do come to what we believe will be the best overall solution, we'll go more in depth :)

Please be sure to check on the forum topics before making new ones from here on out. Thanks!

I did check, 3 times. Could not find anything approaching it, and wanted just someone from Gun to see it anyway. Then it could've been pinned, deleted, locked, anything you liked XD

Joining an active thread and disrupting the conversation, setting off endless notifications from people that can't help, would've been senseless. All I wanted was a statement of where it stood at the moment, the one that you're using, so that I could settle a debate. I would've stated that it's not guaranteed to be the final system. But all this shows is why there's no point even trying to ask a question on this forum... kudos ;)

DEATH

DEATH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • LocationEverywhere.

I did check, 3 times. Could not find anything approaching it, and wanted just someone from Gun to see it anyway. Then it could've been pinned, deleted, locked, anything you liked XD

Joining an active thread and disrupting the conversation, setting off endless notifications from people that can't help, would've been senseless. All I wanted was a statement of where it stood at the moment, the one that you're using, so that I could settle a debate. I would've stated that it's not guaranteed to be the final system. But all this shows is why there's no point even trying to ask a question on this forum... kudos ;)

The thing is though your question did get answered here whether you like it or not. As far as anyone has been told you will pick your preferred counselor and Jason (and perhaps opt out of being in the run for Jason altogether) and then, based on other factors, a random Jason will be picked out of the pool that want to be Jason. While there weren't many direct answers to that effect, the post that Jpop quoted for you tells you that a lot hasn't been completely nailed down. Therefore you may have to do more searching and reading to get the info you seek, as all of the info I've given can be found with a little due diligence.

Sam Savage Cash

Sam Savage Cash

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

The thing is though your question did get answered here whether you like it or not. As far as anyone has been told you will pick your preferred counselor and Jason (and perhaps opt out of being in the run for Jason altogether) and then, based on other factors, a random Jason will be picked out of the pool that want to be Jason. While there weren't many direct answers to that effect, the post that Jpop quoted for you tells you that a lot hasn't been completely nailed down. Therefore you may have to do more searching and reading to get the info you seek, as all of the info I've given can be found with a little due diligence.

Not really, the post is entirely useless for my purposes. Speculation, pieced together info based on old discussions, and no credibility to the sources. Try showing something like that to someone who is dead set on their idea of how something will be, and they'll instantly shrug it off. That's why I made a simple, uncomplicated request, the point of which was clearly lost on everyone. So, hey, never mind. No point replying to this BTW, I'm not wasting my time here again.

TheFinalGay

TheFinalGay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Not really, the post is entirely useless for my purposes. Speculation, pieced together info based on old discussions, and no credibility to the sources. Try showing something like that to someone who is dead set on their idea of how something will be, and they'll instantly shrug it off. That's why I made a simple, uncomplicated request, the point of which was clearly lost on everyone. So, hey, never mind. No point replying to this BTW, I'm not wasting my time here again.

You could show the person who doesn't believe you this quote from Ben :« We have yet to talk about the overall specifics as we're testing out the system we want to utilize. When we do come to what we believe will be the best overall solution, we'll go more in depth  ». Until the beta or a few days before the beta, I'm afraid most features will remain mostly unknown, we will get a lot of surprises! 

JPops

JPops

Slasher

• Administrators
  • 1,933 posts
Sam, Look up on the www.f13game.com or the kickstarter page and find Ben Strauss. He works on the game and is also the community manager. (aka GunMedia_Ben)Your question was answered and is from the source. it might not be the answer you wanted but it's still the answer. There is nothing that is being announced at this time. Anything else said is speculation as there is not an official answer being released at this time since things are still being tested. Again I am sorry you feel the way that you do but that is the answer that can be provided at this moment.
  • handzen likes this

Posted Image

Ralph Wiggum777

Ralph Wiggum777

• Moderators
  • 467 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

It ain't that serious Sam. If your question was that serious, you would've probably included it in any of the FOUR posts you made just now so that one of the devs could see it and respond. Don't play the "I wanna speak to your manager" card though and threaten to leave cause of one mistake. It makes you look really petty, and anything but "savage". 

Sam Savage Cash

Sam Savage Cash

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

You could show the person who doesn't believe you this quote from Ben :« We have yet to talk about the overall specifics as we're testing out the system we want to utilize. When we do come to what we believe will be the best overall solution, we'll go more in depth  ». Until the beta or a few days before the beta, I'm afraid most features will remain mostly unknown, we will get a lot of surprises! 

So far you're the only one who seems to have been moderate and rational. Thank you. The problem is that I believe neither myself or the person disputing me is going to be playing the Beta. Hopefully I can find out somehow once it's open though, so may still be of some use. Thanks for pointing that out. Problem is that this guy started out giving me a ton of abuse just for pointing out that the proposed system before (and I believed was still on the table) was not "choose Jason = get Jason". Anything vague such as this won't stop his imbecilic bleating XD 

Sam, Look up on the www.f13game.com or the kickstarter page and find Ben Strauss. He works on the game and is also the community manager. (aka GunMedia_Ben)Your question was answered and is from the source. it might not be the answer you wanted but it's still the answer. There is nothing that is being announced at this time. Anything else said is speculation as there is not an official answer being released at this time since things are still being tested. Again I am sorry you feel the way that you do but that is the answer that can be provided at this moment.

No problem JPops, sorry if I overreacted. Just really hate going through a load of hassle only to get what amounts to "no comment". I get that Ben works for Gun, there's nothing being announced and all that, but all I needed was something like "currently we've been working with this system *list off a few key points*, though that is subject to change any time". I didn't even get that, so...

Anyways, I'll be leaving you to it, sorry again.

It ain't that serious Sam. If your question was that serious, you would've probably included it in any of the FOUR posts you made just now so that one of the devs could see it and respond. Don't play the "I wanna speak to your manager" card though and threaten to leave cause of one mistake. It makes you look really petty, and anything but "savage". 

Way to also miss the point. I had already asked the question. As stated, asking it here would invite people such as yourself, who I cannot use as a credible source, to join in and give me an endless stream of notifications for no gain.

I'm leaving because to me, a forum is a source of information. This one, however, does not provide any. Even when asked in plain English, the result is a Nothing answer. If you have a saw and it's too blunt to use, you stop using it.

Oh, and really mature, targeting a nickname that others gave me years ago for RL actions, to judge how I react in a forum after getting the run around and deciding it's not worth it. I guess picking at things and calling someone petty is far more savage than dropping it and leaving? You're an infantile disgrace, frankly.

TheFinalGay

TheFinalGay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts

So far you're the only one who seems to have been moderate and rational. Thank you. The problem is that I believe neither myself or the person disputing me is going to be playing the Beta. Hopefully I can find out somehow once it's open though, so may still be of some use. Thanks for pointing that out. Problem is that this guy started out giving me a ton of abuse just for pointing out that the proposed system before (and I believed was still on the table) was not "choose Jason = get Jason". Anything vague such as this won't stop his imbecilic bleating XD

I should have a spare beta key, mssg me when the beta drops! Ill give you one, you can take a screenshot of the lobby and shut him up lol

Nothingface

Nothingface

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

But ya as I said in the other thread, As far as has been revealed to the public... that means it could change. They could change the system, They could go another direction. Hell anything is possible.

Its friggen schrodinger's matchmaking at this point.

"He is Jason, the man who came back from hell with the strength of 1,000 retards." - Random Redditor

Ralph Wiggum777

Ralph Wiggum777

• Moderators
  • 467 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Oh, and really mature, targeting a nickname that others gave me years ago for RL actions, to judge how I react in a forum after getting the run around and deciding it's not worth it. I guess picking at things and calling someone petty is far more savage than dropping it and leaving? You're an infantile disgrace, frankly.

Ummm, you openly admitted you were being an a-hole, dude."No problem JPops, sorry if I overreacted. Just really hate going through a load of hassle only to get what amounts to "no comment"." All I did was make a comment calling you out on your over-the-top behavior, while using your name for humorous effect. It's a video game forum bro. No matter what your question was, it ain't four overly aggressive posts serious.

Micheal Myers

Micheal Myers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

That still sucks for me. If I get Jason and you ragequit....you get penalized which ticks you off. I have one less person I get to kill. The rest of the counselors have one less person to either help them or lure me away from them. So EVERYONE gets penalized. Everyone gets negative effects. Which are easily avoidable if they simply allow people to queue up for Jason as I have suggested multiple times. There IS a good way around it.

If that really happens that after i quit, cuz i dont wanna play as Jason. If the game penalize me, in any way. Locking out from entering the que for 1,2,3 5 min, whatever now. i 'm definitly going to cancel my preorder

The Arrogant Man

The Arrogant Man

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts

If that really happens that after i quit, cuz i dont wanna play as Jason. If the game penalize me, in any way. Locking out from entering the que for 1,2,3 5 min, whatever now. i 'm definitly going to cancel my preorder

If you're not a troll, I'd recommend posting your introduction in the introduction thread.

Men called him Thu, and as a god*

in after days beneath his rod

bewildered bowed to him, and made

his ghastly temples in the shade.

Not yet by Men enthralled adored,

now was he Morgoth's mightiest lord,

Master of Wolves, whose shivering howl

for ever echoed in the hills, and foul

enchantments and dark sigaldry

did weave and wield. In glamoury

that necromancer held his hosts

of phantoms and of wandering ghosts,

of misbegotten or spell-wronged

monsters that about him thronged,

working his bidding dark and vile:

the werewolves of the Wizard's Isle.

BloodOnTheRocks

BloodOnTheRocks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

This is exactly the reaction I expect from a great many players and one of my greatest concerns about a random system.

That said - you SHOULD be penalized for a ragequit. Because it detracts from everyone's experience. Yes it is going to piss you off and probably turn you into a troll. Which even further detracts from everyone's enjoyment. You wont be the only one. Which is why I hope the devs allow us to queue up to play Jason.

Still not cool to expect to be able to quit and ruin a game for everyone else and not expect to be penalized.

Nothingface

Nothingface

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

This is exactly the reaction I expect from a great many players and one of my greatest concerns about a random system.

That said - you SHOULD be penalized for a ragequit. Because it detracts from everyone's experience. Yes it is going to piss you off and probably turn you into a troll. Which even further detracts from everyone's enjoyment. You wont be the only one. Which is why I hope the devs allow us to queue up to play Jason.

Still not cool to expect to be able to quit and ruin a game for everyone else and not expect to be penalized.

Assuming that if Jason quits/DC's, A new Player gets Jason. And that players will be able to opt out of playing Jason all together if they don't want too... The players that only want to play Jason will have a higher chance than previously thought.

The problem comes down to players trying to dodge games until they get Jason. This can be solved by making it so that every time a player dodges a game they get a stacking penalty reducing there chance to get Jason. This would effectively make dodging for Jason pointless, as after one dodge your the lowest priority to get him.

If players are willing to quit or cancel pre-orders because they don't get what they want or are punished for trying to be a scum bag... let them. The game cant revolve around one player.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users