BloodOnTheRocks

Why random Jason will break the game.

131 posts in this topic

Random Jason is ok by me, probably most time i would play as counselor, but that time when i am chosen to be Jason its my showtime :)

Mr_Trapper likes this

I hope you would be able to "opt out" of playing as Jason in games, I don't know why, but I find councilors way more fun than Jason :9 Being forced in that role (even though there's so many others who likes it) is something I could live without.  :D

I believe they've said they have some kind of a "preference" system, where you can choose which you prefer and it will give you better chances of rolling that, but I don't think they'll let us choose permanently which side to play, and I wouldn't really want them to, honestly.

bewareofbears likes this

Honestly, I think a random mode would be a fun thing in general. Not only random Jason but random counselors. I figure at least people may set up something similar in their Private/Custom matches.

Overwatch's Mystery Heroes mode has often got people trying out character they've otherwise never got round to.

I always subscribe to the 'mile in their shoes' approach with multiplayers; I try to get some solid time in with everyone, so I know better how the whole group works.

SHODANFreeman likes this

I loved the randomness of who was going to play as Jason. In most of the matches I just would assume I was going to be a counselor, and I was fine with that. The few times I was picked as Jason it felt exciting. I guess I'm just lost as to why all the complaining. Eventually you will play as Jason.

Austin.JM likes this

I loved the randomness of who was going to play as Jason. In most of the matches I just would assume I was going to be a counselor, and I was fine with that. The few times I was picked as Jason it felt exciting. I guess I'm just lost as to why all the complaining. Eventually you will play as Jason.

Yep I enjoyed it. Of course I still died really fast as a counselor most matches and both times I played Jason the match crashed but I had some fun!

I thought they handled the Jason well in the Beta.

The ones who stay in the same match longer are more likely to be Jason, and you can opt in or out to be Jason that round.  It's not a perfect system but it's fair and it keeps the game balance economically without disturbing equilibrium in population.

It isn't exactly a competitive game anyway.  It's easier for them to get away with it.

I liked the randomness because it made playing as Jason so much more exciting and if you really only want to play as Jason wait for singleplayer nobody wants to sit in a game lobby for an hour it is a complete waste of time and discourages people from wanting to even try to at multiplayer. I think it's very smart what they have done because it completely fixes having two wait forever the second you get enough peple a match starts and boom your Jason or not but either way the game seems great no matter who you play as

Sure let me wait about 2 hours in a lobby waiting to play as Jason but what will happen if I gotta go do something when I'm about to be Jason damn it I got picked to be Jason but the game is over now

Now I gotta wait 2 more hours you know what fuck this game I don't wanna wait 2 hours every time I wanna be Jason

If I was smart I would have just got a Party going to go play in a Private Match and that way I can play as Jason 24/7 if I wanted

So if you really wanna play as Jason that badly just go play in a private match if they keep it the same as they did in Beta you can earn XP in Private Matches

Sure let me wait about 2 hours in a lobby waiting to play as Jason but what will happen if I gotta go do something when I'm about to be Jason damn it I got picked to be Jason but the game is over now

Now I gotta wait 2 more hours you know what fuck this game I don't wanna wait 2 hours every time I wanna be Jason

If I was smart I would have just got a Party going to go play in a Private Match and that way I can play as Jason 24/7 if I wanted

So if you really wanna play as Jason that badly just go play in a private match if they keep it the same as they did in Beta you can earn XP in Private Matches

Considering I have no friends this is not an option.

In all seriousness though, more often than not you're gonna be playing this game online with other people.  Unless you have 6 jobless twenty year olds who can play with you whenever you feel it convenient and won't say no if you do or won't be doing other stuff, you're stuck with online.

You're taking a exceedingly complex issue and reducing it to its uttermost simplicity and using that empty answer to support your point and it isn't working.

Playing as Jason is supposed to be special, and a rarity.  I get that some people would prefer to only play Jason, and some would prefer not to play him, which is why they have the preference option, to raise or lower your chances of that, but I don't really want to play against Jason players who do nothing but play Jason 20 hours a day.

Playing as Jason is supposed to be special, and a rarity.  I get that some people would prefer to only play Jason, and some would prefer not to play him, which is why they have the preference option, to raise or lower your chances of that, but I don't really want to play against Jason players who do nothing but play Jason 20 hours a day.

Agreed, not only is the game richer from having two vastly different gameplay styles, but you can be a better overall player from seeing both sides and experimenting with different strategies and playstyles.

I feel like full time Jason players would be great at certain aspects of play, but terrible at others, from not having equal experience on both sides of the coin. 

Even if they are evenly matched, I don't ever want to run into a scenario where username 4evaJason kills me a few times, or at least tries to, and I never get a chance for revenge. 

That's part of whats special in this game, most of the time you are the tiny mouse, and you will be scared and run for your life and sweat and cry. But every now and then, you get to sharpen your kitty claws. 

Yeah, I'm disappointed I can't have my instant Jason fix.

But at the same time I agree with the top two; sure it sounds like an excuse but it's true; scarcity brings value.  And playing as Jason you are unstoppable (unlike other slasher games where you are fairly vulnerable so the value is cheapened).

Yeah, I'm disappointed I can't have my instant Jason fix.

But at the same time I agree with the top two; sure it sounds like an excuse but it's true; scarcity brings value.  And playing as Jason you are unstoppable (unlike other slasher games where you are fairly vulnerable so the value is cheapened).

Well when single player comes out you can get your instant Jason fix then since it's only Jason you can play as

Well when single player comes out you can get your instant Jason fix then since it's only Jason you can play as

They said there will be counselor challenges where you have to avoid Jason too, I thought.

They said there will be counselor challenges where you have to avoid Jason too, I thought.

No.

They said they COULDN'T do that.  For one, Jason AI would be far more complex than Counselor AI.  Jason AI would probably cost as much as its own game if we want competent AI.

No.

They said they COULDN'T do that.  For one, Jason AI would be far more complex than Counselor AI.  Jason AI would probably cost as much as its own game if we want competent AI.

"To that end, the proposed single player portion will give you the Jason experience you’ve never had; direct through his eyes. We’ll be offering several ‘scenarios’ based off classic movie scenes from the franchise as you stalk and kill each and every counselor from a first person perspective. Not to leave the counselors out, we’ll be adding several counselor scenarios where you’ll have to confront your fears and take on Jason directly, especially in compromising situations!"

From the Kickstarter page.

I do hope that first person view is changed to 3rd with the rest of the game and the Kickstarter comment is disregarded. 

"To that end, the proposed single player portion will give you the Jason experience you’ve never had; direct through his eyes. We’ll be offering several ‘scenarios’ based off classic movie scenes from the franchise as you stalk and kill each and every counselor from a first person perspective. Not to leave the counselors out, we’ll be adding several counselor scenarios where you’ll have to confront your fears and take on Jason directly, especially in compromising situations!"

From the Kickstarter page.

I believe this is what would of been implemented if the single player goal was reached. But i think its been confirmed that what they are adding is bots and missions where in both modes u will play as jason only.

They didn't hit the Kickstater goal for Single Player but they did themselves manages to secure additional funding to do some of the Single Player elements.

Meaning, yup, there are single player special challenges where you play as Jason to do specific tasks in a specific area (they've mentioned in passing it's a bit Hitman-esque) and the ability to play the standard game as Jason vs up to seven AI counselor bots.

Programming an A.I. Jason for that mode would've cost far more money than they could put towards it. Just not possible without severely impacting on everything else. Have to see how things go in the future if the game is indeed successful.

As for the topic at hand, we'll have to see how the game is when we all get at it. Just judging from the Beta, it seemed fine and counselors were more than entertaining to play by themselves that I didn't miss seeing Jason being played.

Considering I have no friends this is not an option.

In all seriousness though, more often than not you're gonna be playing this game online with other people. Unless you have 6 jobless twenty year olds who can play with you whenever you feel it convenient and won't say no if you do or won't be doing other stuff, you're stuck with online.

You're taking a exceedingly complex issue and reducing it to its uttermost simplicity and using that empty answer to support your point and it isn't working.

well for Xbox you have a thing called Clubs so when the game comes out you can set it up to where you tell people that your looking for a group to play with

PS4 I'm not sure on that but play some matches and get people who have Mics and ask if they wanna play a private match

Samething with Steam can play matches and ask for people to join

You could ask people on here if they would like to play with you in a private match when the game comes out

You have so many options all you need to do is put a lil effort in and you can get people to play with you

Before they added Clubs to Xbox I found this website http://www.destinylfg.net I found a lot of people to play Destiny with

My friends played it but some of us weren't on when others were so I put in the effort to find people

That's all you need is effort

Just think of ways that you can find people and you can play as Jason 24/7 once you get a group of people

Thats your solution to every damn thing. Go play a private match. Just make that your signature already. We got it.

Na I'm good I can give my opinion if I want to I'm not in Nazi Germany unlike you

I don't think having to wait 2 hours just to be able to play Jason is crazy so many games that you could have played while you wait for your turn to be Jason

I would sooner get a group of people to play in a Private Match so anybody can be Jason as long as they want

I just assumed it'd be something simple like Jason is patrolling an area and you have to avoid him while completing objectives, or something.  Just like, stealth challenges more than emergent gameplay.

The random is ok, but i would like an option to say "I want to play Counselor" and "I want to play Jason" which one increase the chance to play what you want.

For example 3 peoples wanna play as Jason, so one of them will play Jason randomly, but not the players which one takes Counselor.  If nobody wanna play Jason so it will be completly random, the same if everyone wanna be Jason.

But this makes the chance a bit higher for players to playing Jason, makes it less frustrating if you never get him.