• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

Tim Krueger

Tim Krueger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Oh a little ground fog over the lake or in the woods would be  so cool. I don't think that somebody would complain about this. :)

• TWarner likes this

PowellCampsNAKED

PowellCampsNAKED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,601 posts
  • LocationKingston, RI

Ah weather is too risky. nighttime is really enough for the weather stuff. adding progressive weather would take a direct hit on things like performance, framerate, lag, etc. plus a lot of people in open world games and stuff really complain about stormy weather, rain, even fog. people might as well be more concerned if nighttime will be realistic dark enough. maybe with the procedural map stuff, and different modes, there could be a more hardcore dark nighttime version of the map, though yeah who knows.

Why would people complain? If it was a non stop event it could be annoying but occasional storms would be realistic;)
Add me on PSN - Campfacer

JPops

JPops

Slasher

• Administrators
  • 1,920 posts

Why would people complain? If it was a non stop event it could be annoying but occasional storms would be realistic;)

Some people only care about a few things in games and I would not call them gamers I consider them more techies. They are only happy with highly polished graphics, 60 FPS, 4K output and if something affects it then it's the end of the world.

I like to consider myself a gamer, of course I am always impressed with really polished graphics but give me a fun 2d side scroller and if it's good I'm a fan.

It's a matter of tastes.
  • Mark K likes this

Posted Image

IllegallyMike

IllegallyMike

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Same, I've played this one game called Duck Game for about almost 1,000 hours, can't get enough of it!

RoboSpongie

RoboSpongie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

I was gonna suggest snow but that's more of a future weather idea ( maybe yes maybe no )

I'm sticking to rain at this point

podula8dc49.png

Twitter: Spongefan12

Steam: RoboSpongie

GeneralOrgana

GeneralOrgana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
This thread makes me think how much I'd like to see a snow level. :)

ResolutionBlaze

ResolutionBlaze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts
  • LocationMinnesota
Will high winds be a thing?

I swear I'm not half as angry as I seem to be.

Please give me one star to help cure the new form of cancer called ResolutionBlaze

Check out Unlucky 7, rebooted after three long years of silence!  http://store.steampo...com/app/579120/

Nothingface

Nothingface

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Weather is doable, sure. Is it doable for our team with our budget? We're looking into it still. We want to get that all in there, but its not something we're saying yes or no to just yet. 

It wold be cool, But if its that much of a pain I would rather you skip it all together.

Weather is one of those things that's a novelty unless its implemented in a way that directly effects the game.

I would rather have more of that bad ass lighting you guys have been showing off ;D

"He is Jason, the man who came back from hell with the strength of 1,000 retards." - Random Redditor

CrazyRalph

CrazyRalph

Doomsayer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts
  • LocationUmm...dead since part 2?
I have a simple idea that could be put in, that would not be hard to develop and implement. I like the idea that the more people get killed the more intense a storm grew. So the idea involves no rain...BUT, as the storm approached, these things would happen and intensify...
1-wind picks up (sound effect)
2-leaves begin to blow with varying intensity (seems easy to develop)
3-random flashes of lightning (lighting only..random and easy)
4-thunder claps grow more intense and nearer..first starting in distance (audio sound) if the devs cant do this..its not a development issue, they just dont want to include it.

f13sig_MC.png

Mark K

Mark K

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • LocationMichigan
Would love to see the match start at twilight time, with the sun disappearing below the treeline in reddish orange hues, then a moonlit night replaces, possibly with cloud cover intermittently, making the woods darker and lighter, followed by a storm blowing in, with heavy rain towards the end.

The immersion for the players would be fantastic, and the limited visibility would really add to the scare factor. :)

JPops

JPops

Slasher

• Administrators
  • 1,920 posts

I have a simple idea that could be put in, that would not be hard to develop and implement. I like the idea that the more people get killed the more intense a storm grew. So the idea involves no rain...BUT, as the storm approached, these things would happen and intensify...
1-wind picks up (sound effect)
2-leaves begin to blow with varying intensity (seems easy to develop)
3-random flashes of lightning (lighting only..random and easy)
4-thunder claps grow more intense and nearer..first starting in distance (audio sound) if the devs cant do this..its not a development issue, they just dont want to include it.

Well some of those are not expensive however with leaves you are now involving particle systems which are sometimes expensive.

Posted Image

PowellCampsNAKED

PowellCampsNAKED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,601 posts
  • LocationKingston, RI
Also guys think about it if it's raining heavy and windy how the f..k are we supposed to fix the car when the preppy guy is bitching about getting his Italian shoes muddy??? Lol
  • Tim Krueger and ResolutionBlaze like this
Add me on PSN - Campfacer

TWarner

TWarner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • LocationLincoln , Ne

This guy did it with U4 Engine 

Lightning and Rain.

• Venger likes this

CrazyRalph

CrazyRalph

Doomsayer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts
The problem probably REALLY is, the dont have the money to pay someone talented enough to pull it off.

f13sig_MC.png

TWarner

TWarner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • LocationLincoln , Ne

The problem probably REALLY is, the dont have the money to pay someone talented enough to pull it off.

True. Sad it comes down to $ as it would add so much more to the game. 

JPops

JPops

Slasher

• Administrators
  • 1,920 posts
No one ever said it was impossible. It is a tricky thing yes, but it comes down to cost. Thinking beyond an overlay effect if it was raining you would expect to see wetness. That applies to cabins, clothes, hair, everything needs to be worked on for a wet effect. As you can clearly see in the demo it is nothing but an overlay and lacks depth it's not within the playing field and as it has been treated with all aspects of the game, if it can't be done right it Will not be done at all. Everything boils down to cost and to get things to look good it unfortunately costs a good amount of money to pull it off. As everyone is aware of this is an indie game. Funds are limited, giving a great experience and making sure the game is fun would take priority over all is something I think we can all agree on.

Posted Image

Alexel

Alexel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
IMO, rain would extinguish any horror atmosphere.

l3q2vCa7u0C6Dmn8Q.gif

We don't have to talk, we don't have to dance, we don't have to smile, we dont have to make friends.

CrazyRalph

CrazyRalph

Doomsayer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts
^ What the hell do u mean? Rain is a STAPLE of the F13 series. Not only does it rain in damn near every movie, but it rains when Jason shows up.
  • TWarner likes this

f13sig_MC.png

Alexel

Alexel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

^ What the hell do u mean? Rain is a STAPLE of the F13 series. Not only does it rain in damn near every movie, but it rains when Jason shows up.

You said "every movie" I say What bring rain to gameplay? Geez, remember, this is just a game, not a movie.

l3q2vCa7u0C6Dmn8Q.gif

We don't have to talk, we don't have to dance, we don't have to smile, we dont have to make friends.

JBSLICK33

JBSLICK33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts
Sharknado gonna happen? I think Randy is going to confirm it at PAX South...

Rain with thunder lightening could be cool!
PS4: JBSLICK33

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users