FlashFrame

Progressive Weather?

100 posts in this topic

Rain is not a priority, use common sense.

I agree although it would be a nice touch. On a side note I can't help but add "jinkies"to everything you post! Velma overload! Lol

Rain and thunder would be awesome if it was possible down the road! Imagine it also gets muddy in certain terrain and it becomes harder for the councelors to run while mud gets all over their legs!!!

I'm hoping they make a ton of money from the game and release storm and rain effects into the game on October 31st. Snow at Xmas would send the community into overdrive also! :) Would be nice dates to drop it in as patch, would rather they spent their energies on those all important Lazarus and Manhattan maps first though! :) 

bewareofbears likes this

The movie series is littered with rain sequences; the only ones I cant recall having a rain bit are 3, 9 and 10.  

The last two may be because I haven't seen either in a few years. If I recall correctly 7 had lightning during the later parts of the movie, but no rain, like a storm in the distance.

Therefore I would love to see weather implemented at some point.

It doesn't even have to be ready on launch, they can patch it in later!

But if we can select a 'rainy' or 'stormy' version of one of the 3 maps in a couple months, I don't think anyone would mind. 

CrazyRalph likes this

I'm not trying to beat a dead horse here but I was looking at the trailer for last year and as the killer is walking in the hallways you can see the lightning flashes coming through the windows. I know it is about money but just wondering how much would this really cost to add a little something. someone want to create a poll to see if there is interest in having at least a little effect.

Progressive weather would be cool, but i feel like it would be REALLY hard to do, and would probably push the games release back another 6 months.

I'm not trying to beat a dead horse here but I was looking at the trailer for last year and as the killer is walking in the hallways you can see the lightning flashes coming through the windows. I know it is about money but just wondering how much would this really cost to add a little something. someone want to create a poll to see if there is interest in having at least a little effect.

No need for that. The desire for it is well known. a poll is not necessary.

I have a great idea and very cheap! What if gun media just put water proof PS4 bag / sleeve in the game packaging and we could play outside in a rainstorm that way we are fully immersed? ????????????????????????????

Sorry Jpops  & Devs I'm not trying to start problems I just think that it would add so much. I understand what has been said about the wet affect on buildings ect and how much work and $ it would take but how bad would it look if the buildings didn't look wet from outside and I know there are some games out there that have rain falling without the appearance of the ground getting soaked and since this won't be  a first person perspective I would think it might not take much.  I don't know I'm not a game developer and I know nothing about codeing or programming so I could be wrong and probably am.  I know they want to stay as true to the franchise as possible and they will do their best to accomplish all they can for us. I am very excited to play when the time comes and if we got nothing else I would be satisfied. :)  

He has the ability to see them already anyways...

only after the fear meter starts to fill though right? And if you run straight to a bed or closet to hide he wouldn't have to guess he could just see what one ( muddy shoes )

Rain would be awesome, but I think it´s not that important.

But it would be cool to add those 1980's lightning sound effects just to give an extra touch.

I'm just planning on emptying cups of water over my head while I'm playing. I'll willing to make the sacrifice of my own personal well-being!