FlashFrame

Progressive Weather?

100 posts in this topic

Weather is doable, sure. Is it doable for our team with our budget? We're looking into it still. We want to get that all in there, but its not something we're saying yes or no to just yet. 

It wold be cool, But if its that much of a pain I would rather you skip it all together.

Weather is one of those things that's a novelty unless its implemented in a way that directly effects the game.

I would rather have more of that bad ass lighting you guys have been showing off ;D

I have a simple idea that could be put in, that would not be hard to develop and implement. I like the idea that the more people get killed the more intense a storm grew. So the idea involves no rain...BUT, as the storm approached, these things would happen and intensify...

1-wind picks up (sound effect)

2-leaves begin to blow with varying intensity (seems easy to develop)

3-random flashes of lightning (lighting only..random and easy)

4-thunder claps grow more intense and nearer..first starting in distance (audio sound) if the devs cant do this..its not a development issue, they just dont want to include it.

Would love to see the match start at twilight time, with the sun disappearing below the treeline in reddish orange hues, then a moonlit night replaces, possibly with cloud cover intermittently, making the woods darker and lighter, followed by a storm blowing in, with heavy rain towards the end.

The immersion for the players would be fantastic, and the limited visibility would really add to the scare factor. :)

I have a simple idea that could be put in, that would not be hard to develop and implement. I like the idea that the more people get killed the more intense a storm grew. So the idea involves no rain...BUT, as the storm approached, these things would happen and intensify...

1-wind picks up (sound effect)

2-leaves begin to blow with varying intensity (seems easy to develop)

3-random flashes of lightning (lighting only..random and easy)

4-thunder claps grow more intense and nearer..first starting in distance (audio sound) if the devs cant do this..its not a development issue, they just dont want to include it.

Well some of those are not expensive however with leaves you are now involving particle systems which are sometimes expensive.

The problem probably REALLY is, the dont have the money to pay someone talented enough to pull it off.

True. Sad it comes down to $ as it would add so much more to the game. 

No one ever said it was impossible. It is a tricky thing yes, but it comes down to cost. Thinking beyond an overlay effect if it was raining you would expect to see wetness. That applies to cabins, clothes, hair, everything needs to be worked on for a wet effect. As you can clearly see in the demo it is nothing but an overlay and lacks depth it's not within the playing field and as it has been treated with all aspects of the game, if it can't be done right it Will not be done at all. Everything boils down to cost and to get things to look good it unfortunately costs a good amount of money to pull it off. As everyone is aware of this is an indie game. Funds are limited, giving a great experience and making sure the game is fun would take priority over all is something I think we can all agree on.

^ What the hell do u mean? Rain is a STAPLE of the F13 series. Not only does it rain in damn near every movie, but it rains when Jason shows up.

You said "every movie" I say What bring rain to gameplay? Geez, remember, this is just a game, not a movie.

@Alexel by that logic, what difference do ANY details matter? Might as well make Jason pink and pokadot since things concerning the movie doesnt matter huh? Hey, why not just put "floating heads" and crying and moaning sound effects in also? This is JUST a game right? It doesnt matter if that was in the films or not.

bewareofbears likes this

@Alexel by that logic, what difference do ANY details matter? Might as well make Jason pink and pokadot since things concerning the movie doesnt matter huh? Hey, why not just put "floating heads" and crying and moaning sound effects in also? This is JUST a game right? It doesnt matter if that was in the films or not.

Killing me! This^^^ is funny on so many levels!

CrazyRalph likes this

There are priorities, i just think rain isn't one

Sure your right. Also if that's the case, this game is basically complete. The bugs are what need to be hammered out now. So also, lets just stop suggesting things altogether as this forum is irrelevent to the further development of the game. Nothing more is really a "priority".

The Phanthom Nico likes this

Okaaay and?...

....and at the end when Shaggy pulls Jason's mask off to reveal Crazy Ralph was trying to scare everyone away from his inheritance the whole time! And he would have gotten away with it too...if it wasn't for you meddling kids!