19 replies to this topic

AZATIONIE

AZATIONIE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationPhoenix az

I remember dev team mentioned was looking into this awhile back been swamped at work so havent been on as much lately I tried looking at different post I just couldnt find answer if it is there. But I love my Xbox and my wife is a PS4 gamer but we really want to play together has cross platform been comfirmed yet or is that even still a thought at this time

You can dig 1 hole 6 ft deep or you can dig 6 holes 1 ft deep, that's just murder math LOL

JPops

JPops

Slasher

• Administrators
  • 1,938 posts
No news on that right now unless Ben wants to elaborate on the subject.

Posted Image

PowellCampsNAKED

PowellCampsNAKED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts
  • LocationKingston, RI
Hey Azatione! Long time no see :) I take it you guys have Xbox in one room ps4 in another? We do that also only 2 ps4s so we can play online together!
Add me on PSN - Campfacer

Davidt

Davidt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,769 posts

I dont think cross platform play is available for any games yet. But i think xbox and pc can play together.

PSN - david_tortorici
Steam - charlesleeray2
Posted Image

AZATIONIE

AZATIONIE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationPhoenix az

Hey Azatione! Long time no see :) I take it you guys have Xbox in one room ps4 in another? We do that also only 2 ps4s so we can play online together!

yea gotta have my Xbox closest to me in my room PS4 living room  lol 

You can dig 1 hole 6 ft deep or you can dig 6 holes 1 ft deep, that's just murder math LOL

Ralph Wiggum777

Ralph Wiggum777

• Moderators
  • 467 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Even if cross-platform was created there would be major roadblocks for you two to consistently join up and play together. The party systems for both consoles and Steam aren't cross compatible so there would be no easy way to find each other or join a match the other is already in. For example, Rocket League allows for cross-plat play, but all that does is create more opponents and teammates for quicker matchmaking. There's no way to search for my friends on Steam that are playing, and Xbox players aren't able to squad up with PS4 or PC players and vice versa. The only real solution I could think of to rectify this would be if the game allows you to search for a user name to join their game or send a game invite to. You'd have to do that whole process over again every time either of you wants to leave the game and connect to a different game room though, so it's a rather inelegant solution.

Kinkoman1337

Kinkoman1337

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
I think rocket league has cross platform play with all 3, and I think another game does as well, I can remember it right now. I could be wrong though.

ResolutionBlaze

ResolutionBlaze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts
  • LocationMinnesota
Keep in mind that this game is lower in budget. They may release with a good and fun product but that doesn't mean it will have all the capabilities of most AAA games out there now like most commenter on Youtube seem to forget. We aren't going to get the most fluid animation, the most polished graphics (they still look pretty damn good though I mean come on), or even cross platform gameplay.

I swear I'm not half as angry as I seem to be.

Please give me one star to help cure the new form of cancer called ResolutionBlaze

Check out Unlucky 7, rebooted after three long years of silence!  http://store.steampo...com/app/579120/

JPops

JPops

Slasher

• Administrators
  • 1,938 posts

Keep in mind that this game is lower in budget. They may release with a good and fun product but that doesn't mean it will have all the capabilities of most AAA games out there now like most commenter on Youtube seem to forget. We aren't going to get the most fluid animation, the most polished graphics (they still look pretty damn good though I mean come on), or even cross platform gameplay.

Cross platform play is not out of reach with an indie game it is a prospect that has been looked into. I do not have details on the outcome but we shall see what will happen.

Posted Image

ResolutionBlaze

ResolutionBlaze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Cross platform play is not out of reach with an indie game it is a prospect that has been looked into. I do not have details on the outcome but we shall see what will happen.

Good to know. Still we should keep that in mind when we judge the game on release.

I swear I'm not half as angry as I seem to be.

Please give me one star to help cure the new form of cancer called ResolutionBlaze

Check out Unlucky 7, rebooted after three long years of silence!  http://store.steampo...com/app/579120/

lunyspacelord

lunyspacelord

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
Possibly through Windows 10 though I know that is only for ms titles so far it would be awesome!

JPops

JPops

Slasher

• Administrators
  • 1,938 posts
Luny this isn't the first time I've asked you about searching for topics prior to creating a new one. Usually if it is old I just merge it but this was posted pretty recently. So again please make sure you are searching for topics. Thank you!

Posted Image

lunyspacelord

lunyspacelord

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Luny this isn't the first time I've asked you about searching for topics prior to creating a new one. Usually if it is old I just merge it but this was posted pretty recently. So again please make sure you are searching for topics. Thank you!

I did search for this topic but couldn't find anything

JPops

JPops

Slasher

• Administrators
  • 1,938 posts

I did search for this topic but couldn't find anything

No worries, I appreciate the contributions everyone makes on these forums. We just need to try and be mindful of extra topics so we do not get all cluttered up and going across multiple threads looking for info.

Posted Image

Patches822

Patches822

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hello everyone!,

I was just wondering if anyone had an idea on if there will be cross platform play between the XBOX and the PC? My girlfriend was talking about getting this game for the Xbox when it comes out and I think it would be awesome if I could get it for PC and still be able to play with her. 

Have a good one!,

Patches822

JPops

JPops

Slasher

• Administrators
  • 1,938 posts
Hello Patches822, welcome to the forums! Please ensure there is not already a topic made before you post. I have merged your inquiry with an existing tread.

Posted Image

bigmoco

bigmoco

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Even if cross-platform was created there would be major roadblocks for you two to consistently join up and play together. The party systems for both consoles and Steam aren't cross compatible so there would be no easy way to find each other or join a match the other is already in. For example, Rocket League allows for cross-plat play, but all that does is create more opponents and teammates for quicker matchmaking. There's no way to search for my friends on Steam that are playing, and Xbox players aren't able to squad up with PS4 or PC players and vice versa. The only real solution I could think of to rectify this would be if the game allows you to search for a user name to join their game or send a game invite to. You'd have to do that whole process over again every time either of you wants to leave the game and connect to a different game room though, so it's a rather inelegant solution.

Connecting with friends may be a problem. One way to solve this is to integrate some sort of free account feature like Ubisoft does with UPlay. This way you can add friends that are independent from your Xbox, PlayStation and PC friends list. Then you can easily check if they're online, in a match or in another party. After you've done this you can send a message, an invite or just join them. I really hope this is a feature but wouldn't want them to take time from actually making the game. In the end if the game isn't solid there won't be anyone to play with anyways.

IllegallyMike

IllegallyMike

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

I was hoping they'd have something like that, a system for friends just in Friday the 13th no matter what console.

AZATIONIE

AZATIONIE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationPhoenix az
I think if this was added would bring even more players together that would normally never meet or play together, Jason bringing the world together one victim at a time

DamonD7

DamonD7

Some kind of goober

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,060 posts
  • LocationTavistock, Devon, UK

It'd be awesome if it happens, but I'm not banking on it as I know it'll take a lot of factors to work and it's a big thing outside of what this game's development can handle itself.

The fact you have Sony and Microsoft even making noises about this is very encouraging to me, though.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cross, platform, play, pc, xbox

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users