Photo

I hope they dont mess up part 6 and 9 Jason's face.

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

The80s

The80s

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

The JGTH look is the only one where they got the wrong eye missing, I believe. All the others got it right.

I'm hoping like hell they switch the eye on that one, it's always been one of my personal most wanted details for the game. One case where keeping faithful to the movie isn't what I'd prefer!

No, Part 8 and Part 7 also got it wrong. Especially if you go by Parts 2-4. It's the right eye that was originally messed up. Then when he became Zombie Jason they seemingly switched it. (Especially in Part 8 where it showed him as a child (flashback) and they totally got it backwards)

Forum Signature violation

CrazyRalph

CrazyRalph

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts
^you got it wrong.part 7 and 8 did not get it wrong. If anything part 7 had the most accurate Jason damage. The director stated he wanted to include all damage fron every past friday film up till then. Part 4s eye loss is evident and "right eye" is gone in 6,7, and 8. Technically onscreen to us it looks like right to us. It is actually his left eye though.

FreakyFrank1

FreakyFrank1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • LocationCanada,Quebec

The thing is that Part 1,2,3 and 4 versions of Jason head/face followed a concept design that Tom Savini created,but when part 6 came out,that concept design was kinda changed,same for part 7 and 8,then changed even more with part 9.

Only Jason X,Freddy VS Jason and 2009 Remake got back to something similar to the design made by Tom Savini.

If we follow Tom concept,Jason is supposed to have a deformed head shape wich is bigger than a normal head shape,a deformed derpy/sloppy right eye wich is a bit lower than his normal left eye,a deformed nose,deformed mouths with mishapen teeths and i think one of the ear is also deformed.

While it's true that zombie Jason (part 6,7,8 and 9) had all the damages he received from Part 2,3 and 4,his facial designs are not the same even tough it's decomposed.

To start off,Part 6,7 and 8 changed his right deformed eye into a normal eye making it like his left eye was his deformed eye all along,part 6,8 and 9 doesnt seem to have the right eye lower than the left eye except part 7 and the kid version in part 8.

The shape of the head on part 6,7 and 8 (except part 8 kid version and part 9) doesnt look deformed,it's true that his skin decomposed but the shape of the top part of his head skull should not be like a normal person.

For the nose and mouth,since part 6,7 and 8 doesnt have a nose it's impossible to know if it was originaly deformed,same thing for part 6 Jason mouth since the lower lip is falling down sideway a bit because of the decomposition and the teeths doesnt look mishapen,part 7 and 8 mouth on the other hand have mishapen teeths,so we have proof that Part 7 and 8 Jason had a deformed mouth with mishapen teeths.

Then finally there is part 9 wich somehow whoever made that 'look' decided to make the right eye the one that he is missing and added back his normal left eye as if he never received a machete on that one.

• The80s likes this

'Good,Bad,im the guy with the gun'.

The80s

The80s

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

^you got it wrong.part 7 and 8 did not get it wrong. If anything part 7 had the most accurate Jason damage. The director stated he wanted to include all damage fron every past friday film up till then. Part 4s eye loss is evident and "right eye" is gone in 6,7, and 8. Technically onscreen to us it looks like right to us. It is actually his left eye though.

No, they definitely got it wrong, see:

Part 1: (Right side is messed up)

ari-lehman-f13-1980.jpg

Part 2: (bad eye is on the right side, lower than the other)

13996_ori1.jpg

Part 4: (bad eye still on right side, still slightly lower)

JasonVoorheesinFridayThe13thTheFina.jpg

Part 7: (Now they're switched, right eye is normal level, bad eye is on the left)

007.jpg

Part 8: (totally backwards)

4F9.jpg

Part 8: (Wrong again)

jason-drowns.jpg?w=620&h=489

CrazyRalph

CrazyRalph

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts
Ok 80s Ill give you that much.Also we have a misunderstanding. In part 4 Jason took a machete to his left eye. This missing eye is accurate in part 6,7, and 8 on the correct side. In JGTH the missing eye switched and in JX he miraculously grew the eye back. Then had it again in FVJ. The droopiness is gone by the time he was resurrected. The eye is not missing due to a deformity or because it is "bad". Tommy cut that sucker out. But...judging by the models Gun has shown the missing eye is accurate. They should take it upon themselves to make JGTH face have the correct missing eye. Not how it is in the film.
  • The Arrogant Man likes this

The Arrogant Man

The Arrogant Man

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts

It's so lame how the films kept screwing up the continuity of Jason's face. Depending on the film you watch, either his right eye or left eye will be the one messed up or not there. But it changes from film to film. Just the two videos you posted here proves they didn't know what they were doing. 

They don't really get it wrong until the New Line films. Before that it was pretty consistent. It was his left eye when he was alive, and it switched to his right when Tommy buried a Machete halfway through his skull.

Men called him Thu, and as a god*

in after days beneath his rod

bewildered bowed to him, and made

his ghastly temples in the shade.

Not yet by Men enthralled adored,

now was he Morgoth's mightiest lord,

Master of Wolves, whose shivering howl

for ever echoed in the hills, and foul

enchantments and dark sigaldry

did weave and wield. In glamoury

that necromancer held his hosts

of phantoms and of wandering ghosts,

of misbegotten or spell-wronged

monsters that about him thronged,

working his bidding dark and vile:

the werewolves of the Wizard's Isle.

DamonD7

DamonD7

Some kind of goober

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts
  • LocationTavistock, Devon, UK
I see, right, I was on about the missing eye from Tommy's machete cut in Part IV. That's like the base-level thing to get right, I feel.

Not his actual facial features when he was a little boy or grown because, hell yeah, that's varied a ton!

DEATH

DEATH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts
  • LocationEverywhere.

I see, right, I was on about the missing eye from Tommy's machete cut in Part IV. That's like the base-level thing to get right, I feel.

Not his actual facial features when he was a little boy or grown because, hell yeah, that's varied a ton!

In that respect I think was pretty consistent in 6 and 7. Not sure about 8 since he didn't really get any face time until he was melting. I am pretty sure it was swapped in JGTH though.

DamonD7

DamonD7

Some kind of goober

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts
  • LocationTavistock, Devon, UK

Yeah, it's a little hard to tell in 8. It looks like a gooey blob but whether that was previous film damage, the pen to the eye from Rennie or the toxic waste, or a combination, really can't be sure. But I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say they knew the left eye was the messed up one, even if they showed it differently.

But JGTH is a clear incorrect swap. Kane pointed it out to the SFX guys at the time when he first saw it, but it was too late then to scrap it and make a fresh head piece.

X reverts back to the left eye missing.

I'm happy they're modelling the faces correct to the films, even if that means we're getting these variations. It's just that JGTH swap I'd personally like.

wes

wes

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 114 posts

J6 is nearly complete. Here's first pass textures of face without mask. J9 is still "in the oven".

Attached File  J6Head_textured.jpg   72.77KB   2 downloads

• Splatterhouse, Davidt and The Arrogant Man like this

FreakyFrank1

FreakyFrank1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • LocationCanada,Quebec

J6 is nearly complete. Here's first pass textures of face without mask. J9 is still "in the oven".

attachicon.gifJ6Head_textured.jpg

Um thanks Wes...but we have already seen the face,if you have seen the video by Paul Phoenix on Part 6 jason on the first page of the thread.

I also think the face is great/perfect,but the problem is the colorisation on the hockey mask and the pants,the mask is too yellow compared to the movie (look like someone pissed on it) and the pants shouldnt be 'beige',it's more like somewhere between grey and brown since originaly those pants were grey but got dirty for being underground for so long.

But thanks for the pics anyway.

Splatterhouse

Splatterhouse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

10/10. F**king awesome!!! Really good job. Is J8 almost ready to come out of the oven? ;)

f13sig_SPLATTER.png

The Arrogant Man

The Arrogant Man

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Um thanks Wes...but we have already seen the face,if you have seen the video by Paul Phoenix on Part 6 jason on the first page of the thread.

I also think the face is great/perfect,but the problem is the colorisation on the hockey mask and the pants,the mask is too yellow compared to the movie (look like someone pissed on it) and the pants shouldnt be 'beige',it's more like somewhere between grey and brown since originaly those pants were grey but got dirty for being underground for so long.

I'm sorry, but having re-watched VI multiple times now, I can confirm that the pants are BEIGE!

The Arrogant Man

The Arrogant Man

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts

I'm sorry, but having re-watched VI multiple times now, I can confirm that the pants are BEIGE!

The80s

The80s

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Looks good. I hope you guys light it similar to how it was lit in the film, where it was dark enough that you couldn't clearly make out his face, you just knew it was ominous looking. Also, you can't see his eyes in the film through the mask under normal circumstances/scenes so I hope it's like that in the game too.

Hopefully you guys make J9's face as freaky looking as the rest of him.

FreakyFrank1

FreakyFrank1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • LocationCanada,Quebec

But they are not,Jason was buried with the same green shirt,grey pants and black boots wich he had in Part 3+4.

Wich got dirty over the years being buried under the ground.

Most peoples when making a cosplay/costume or a figurine tend to go with dirty grey pants,tough there are some who somehow go with beige pants,wich is probably how the confusion started.

The thing tough is that the model shown in the virtual cabin as just plain beige pants,wich make it look like is pants were never gray in the first place,there's no tint of gray in there.

Also only the very bottom part of the pants has some dirt,but there's should be dirt all over his pants not just the bottom.

Just to be sure im gonna go check the movie again.

• The Arrogant Man likes this

wes

wes

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 114 posts

Yes I know that the face was shown via a YT video. I just assumed you'd rather see it properly lit from us. As for the mask, lighting is everything. Both in the films and in the game. The mask, that was used in the film (which we have) actually has a yellow-ish brown hue to it. The lights in the virtual cabin are pretty harsh, and cast a warm light, thus making the yellow stand out more. There were several masks used during the filming of Part 6. We're using the one closer to the end of the movie. Each mask had a slightly different hue to it, which doesn't make our job easy. The mask near the beginning of the film had more white in it. It was also slightly rounder, since the actor (that they fired after a couple days) was a bigger guy. But the mask we modeled and textured is color correct to the mask used towards the latter part of the film. I hope this helps. 

• IronKnight55 and The Arrogant Man like this

The80s

The80s

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Yes I know that the face was shown via a YT video. I just assumed you'd rather see it properly lit from us. As for the mask, lighting is everything. Both in the films and in the game. The mask, that was used in the film (which we have) actually has a yellow-ish brown hue to it. The lights in the virtual cabin are pretty harsh, and cast a warm light, thus making the yellow stand out more. There were several masks used during the filming of Part 6. We're using the one closer to the end of the movie. Each mask had a slightly different hue to it, which doesn't make our job easy. The mask near the beginning of the film had more white in it. It was also slightly rounder, since the actor (that they fired after a couple days) was a bigger guy. But the mask we modeled and textured is color correct to the mask used towards the latter part of the film. I hope this helps. 

I'm glad to hear that. I never cared for the fatter/rounder Jason and mask. I liked the CJ Graham version of both much better. 

Could the yellowing be due to age? If you look at the Michael Myers mask in Halloween II ('81) it's got a tinge to it that wasn't there just 3 years prior in 1978. The mask used in the second film worn by Dick Warlock is the exact same identical one from the first film worn by Nick Castle. My point is, maybe the mask you have in your possession from Part 6 is more yellowish because of 30 years of age? Have you tried altering its color slightly, like by a single degree or two, to see if it looks better slightly less yellow? Otherwise, you're absolutely right about lighting. It can have a gigantic effect on the look of things.

Splatterhouse

Splatterhouse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

But they are not,Jason was buried with the same green shirt,grey pants and black boots wich he had in Part 3+4.

Interesting. Were you the Undertaker for Jason's funeral? Why did you redress him in the blood and mud stained clothes he died in for his burial? I think the devs should go the extra mile for realism and have Jason from Part VI walking around camp in a black suit.

f13sig_SPLATTER.png

FreakyFrank1

FreakyFrank1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • LocationCanada,Quebec

Interesting. Were you the Undertaker for Jason's funeral? Why did you redress him in the blood and mud stained clothes he died in for his burial? I think the devs should go the extra mile for realism and have Jason from Part VI walking around camp in a black suit.

Are you serious ? It doesnt take an idiot to know that the clothes Jason is wearing in part 6,then 7 and 8 to be the same from part 3 and 4.

You are the 2nd person to think that. (the other one being 'VoorheesIsAJollyGoodFellow' on page 1')

I dont think the peoples living near Crystal Lake would think a serial killer deserve to have his clothes changed by a undertaker before being buried,are they really that forgiving,i dont think so.

And if these are not the same clothes,then why is it that his shirt is also a green shirt with buttons and it's boots are also black boots just like in part 3+4.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users