Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FreakyFrank1

I hope they dont mess up part 6 and 9 Jason's face.

49 posts in this topic

It's so lame how the films kept screwing up the continuity of Jason's face. Depending on the film you watch, either his right eye or left eye will be the one messed up or not there. But it changes from film to film. Just the two videos you posted here proves they didn't know what they were doing. 

They don't really get it wrong until the New Line films. Before that it was pretty consistent. It was his left eye when he was alive, and it switched to his right when Tommy buried a Machete halfway through his skull.

I see, right, I was on about the missing eye from Tommy's machete cut in Part IV. That's like the base-level thing to get right, I feel.

Not his actual facial features when he was a little boy or grown because, hell yeah, that's varied a ton!

I see, right, I was on about the missing eye from Tommy's machete cut in Part IV. That's like the base-level thing to get right, I feel.

Not his actual facial features when he was a little boy or grown because, hell yeah, that's varied a ton!

In that respect I think was pretty consistent in 6 and 7. Not sure about 8 since he didn't really get any face time until he was melting. I am pretty sure it was swapped in JGTH though.

Yeah, it's a little hard to tell in 8. It looks like a gooey blob but whether that was previous film damage, the pen to the eye from Rennie or the toxic waste, or a combination, really can't be sure. But I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say they knew the left eye was the messed up one, even if they showed it differently.

But JGTH is a clear incorrect swap. Kane pointed it out to the SFX guys at the time when he first saw it, but it was too late then to scrap it and make a fresh head piece.

X reverts back to the left eye missing.

I'm happy they're modelling the faces correct to the films, even if that means we're getting these variations. It's just that JGTH swap I'd personally like.

J6 is nearly complete. Here's first pass textures of face without mask. J9 is still "in the oven".

attachicon.gifJ6Head_textured.jpg

Um thanks Wes...but we have already seen the face,if you have seen the video by Paul Phoenix on Part 6 jason on the first page of the thread.

I also think the face is great/perfect,but the problem is the colorisation on the hockey mask and the pants,the mask is too yellow compared to the movie (look like someone pissed on it) and the pants shouldnt be 'beige',it's more like somewhere between grey and brown since originaly those pants were grey but got dirty for being underground for so long.

But thanks for the pics anyway.

Um thanks Wes...but we have already seen the face,if you have seen the video by Paul Phoenix on Part 6 jason on the first page of the thread.

I also think the face is great/perfect,but the problem is the colorisation on the hockey mask and the pants,the mask is too yellow compared to the movie (look like someone pissed on it) and the pants shouldnt be 'beige',it's more like somewhere between grey and brown since originaly those pants were grey but got dirty for being underground for so long.

I'm sorry, but having re-watched VI multiple times now, I can confirm that the pants are BEIGE!

I'm sorry, but having re-watched VI multiple times now, I can confirm that the pants are BEIGE!

J6 is nearly complete. Here's first pass textures of face without mask. J9 is still "in the oven".

attachicon.gifJ6Head_textured.jpg

Looks good. I hope you guys light it similar to how it was lit in the film, where it was dark enough that you couldn't clearly make out his face, you just knew it was ominous looking. Also, you can't see his eyes in the film through the mask under normal circumstances/scenes so I hope it's like that in the game too.

Hopefully you guys make J9's face as freaky looking as the rest of him.

But they are not,Jason was buried with the same green shirt,grey pants and black boots wich he had in Part 3+4.

Wich got dirty over the years being buried under the ground.

Most peoples when making a cosplay/costume or a figurine tend to go with dirty grey pants,tough there are some who somehow go with beige pants,wich is probably how the confusion started.

The thing tough is that the model shown in the virtual cabin as just plain beige pants,wich make it look like is pants were never gray in the first place,there's no tint of gray in there.

Also only the very bottom part of the pants has some dirt,but there's should be dirt all over his pants not just the bottom.

Just to be sure im gonna go check the movie again.

The Arrogant Man likes this

Yes I know that the face was shown via a YT video. I just assumed you'd rather see it properly lit from us. As for the mask, lighting is everything. Both in the films and in the game. The mask, that was used in the film (which we have) actually has a yellow-ish brown hue to it. The lights in the virtual cabin are pretty harsh, and cast a warm light, thus making the yellow stand out more. There were several masks used during the filming of Part 6. We're using the one closer to the end of the movie. Each mask had a slightly different hue to it, which doesn't make our job easy. The mask near the beginning of the film had more white in it. It was also slightly rounder, since the actor (that they fired after a couple days) was a bigger guy. But the mask we modeled and textured is color correct to the mask used towards the latter part of the film. I hope this helps. 

Yes I know that the face was shown via a YT video. I just assumed you'd rather see it properly lit from us. As for the mask, lighting is everything. Both in the films and in the game. The mask, that was used in the film (which we have) actually has a yellow-ish brown hue to it. The lights in the virtual cabin are pretty harsh, and cast a warm light, thus making the yellow stand out more. There were several masks used during the filming of Part 6. We're using the one closer to the end of the movie. Each mask had a slightly different hue to it, which doesn't make our job easy. The mask near the beginning of the film had more white in it. It was also slightly rounder, since the actor (that they fired after a couple days) was a bigger guy. But the mask we modeled and textured is color correct to the mask used towards the latter part of the film. I hope this helps. 

I'm glad to hear that. I never cared for the fatter/rounder Jason and mask. I liked the CJ Graham version of both much better. 

Could the yellowing be due to age? If you look at the Michael Myers mask in Halloween II ('81) it's got a tinge to it that wasn't there just 3 years prior in 1978. The mask used in the second film worn by Dick Warlock is the exact same identical one from the first film worn by Nick Castle. My point is, maybe the mask you have in your possession from Part 6 is more yellowish because of 30 years of age? Have you tried altering its color slightly, like by a single degree or two, to see if it looks better slightly less yellow? Otherwise, you're absolutely right about lighting. It can have a gigantic effect on the look of things.

But they are not,Jason was buried with the same green shirt,grey pants and black boots wich he had in Part 3+4.

Interesting. Were you the Undertaker for Jason's funeral? Why did you redress him in the blood and mud stained clothes he died in for his burial? I think the devs should go the extra mile for realism and have Jason from Part VI walking around camp in a black suit.

Interesting. Were you the Undertaker for Jason's funeral? Why did you redress him in the blood and mud stained clothes he died in for his burial? I think the devs should go the extra mile for realism and have Jason from Part VI walking around camp in a black suit.

Are you serious ? It doesnt take an idiot to know that the clothes Jason is wearing in part 6,then 7 and 8 to be the same from part 3 and 4.

You are the 2nd person to think that. (the other one being 'VoorheesIsAJollyGoodFellow' on page 1')

I dont think the peoples living near Crystal Lake would think a serial killer deserve to have his clothes changed by a undertaker before being buried,are they really that forgiving,i dont think so.

And if these are not the same clothes,then why is it that his shirt is also a green shirt with buttons and it's boots are also black boots just like in part 3+4.

Are you serious ? It doesnt take an idiot to know that the clothes Jason is wearing in part 6,then 7 and 8 to be the same from part 3 and 4.

You are the 2nd person to think that. (the other one being 'VoorheesIsAJollyGoodFellow' on page 1')

I dont think the peoples living near Crystal Lake would think a serial killer deserve to have his clothes changed by a undertaker before being buried,are they really that forgiving,i dont think so.

And if these are not the same clothes,then why is it that his shirt is also a green shirt with buttons and it's boots are also black boots just like in part 3+4.

I was obviously being tongue in cheek.  :lol:

My question is... How does Jasons clothes miraculously mend themselves in part 8? They turn completely black and have nowhere as many rips and cuts as they do in part 7. Then...Jason turns his clothes blue in part 9 with even more difference in cut areas.

My question is... How does Jasons clothes miraculously mend themselves in part 8? They turn completely black and have nowhere as many rips and cuts as they do in part 7. Then...Jason turns his clothes blue in part 9 with even more difference in cut areas.

I think the black is because of lake muck. I would have preferred it if they just went all the way and made him a swamp monster.

Splatterhouse likes this

I know it's been awhile since this topic was responded,but since it was also made for Part 9 Jason,i decided to add in the picture that was revealed recently and give my toughts on it.

https://postimg.org/image/69rmtwt6l/

I would like to say that i am not disapointed,the character modeller who worked on this did a fantastic job,it's exactly what i was hoping the face would be like and the position of the damaged eye got fixed back to it's original canon position. (the left eye)

And yeah,i know that there is a actual topic for Part 9 Jason now,but this one focus more on the face than the whole actual model.

yeah part 9 was really well done and it looks really badass, especially under the mask and how burnt it looks.

Wich got dirty over the years being buried under the ground.

Most peoples when making a cosplay/costume or a figurine tend to go with dirty grey pants,tough there are some who somehow go with beige pants,wich is probably how the confusion started.

The thing tough is that the model shown in the virtual cabin as just plain beige pants,wich make it look like is pants were never gray in the first place,there's no tint of gray in there.

Also only the very bottom part of the pants has some dirt,but there's should be dirt all over his pants not just the bottom.

Just to be sure im gonna go check the movie again.

The reason Jason wears a hunter green shirt and beige pants in part VI is because, he kills the park ranger and takes his clothes.