Photo

I hope they dont mess up part 6 and 9 Jason's face.

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

FreakyFrank1

FreakyFrank1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • LocationCanada,Quebec

At Pax West,one of the devs said that it was not an easy process when it came to make the different faces of Jason,especially part 6 since he said there was only 5-6 behind the scene pictures of that movie.

That answer kinda got me worried and i hope they succeed in making a face that is faithful to part 6 Jason and also part 9 since there wasnt really any actual face used for that one.

The thing is that there are already some peoples out there who managed to create faces/head busts of those 2 specific Jasons based on what much we were told,so why not use those as a basis for the in-game models ?

I already posted videos about those in the unmasking Jason topic in hope that the devs would see those to get a better understanding on how all the many Jasons look like,you can go check them out too.

'Good,Bad,im the guy with the gun'.

JPops

JPops

Slasher

• Administrators
  • 1,933 posts

At Pax West,one of the devs said that it was not an easy process when it came to make the different faces of Jason,especially part 6 since he said there was only 5-6 behind the scene pictures of that movie.

That answer kinda got me worried and i hope they succeed in making a face that is faithful to part 6 Jason and also part 9 since there wasnt really any actual face used for that one.

The thing is that there are already some peoples out there who managed to create faces/head busts of those 2 specific Jasons based on what much we were told,so why not use those as a basis for the in-game models ?

I already posted videos about those in the unmasking Jason topic in hope that the devs would see those to get a better understanding on how all the many Jasons look like,you can go check them out too.

Difficult does not mean that it is not achievable, it just means it's an added challenge. It will get done, it's just the transparency that gun is trying to convey with supporters and fans.
  • Juez likes this

Posted Image

Tyler659

Tyler659

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationTennessee

You should still have faith, remember when they showed comparison shots. Of one face, I notice that they added a dent around the forehead where in the original picture of the unmasked mask it didn't have one distinctive dent but it still looked good and VERY similar. You shouldn't worry, if you love how the Jason's are now and how the unmasked look looks. You should have good expectations that they will keep on shugging out Jason's like the other ones that look very similar to the movie faces of Jason. ;-)

Add Me On Steam to Play With me as a Fellow Counselor or enemy : Krilt

siganture_banner_tina_f13p7.png

anthonymorales

anthonymorales

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Locationbrooklyn new york

its going to be fine thats nothing to be worried about

Brando

Brando

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts
  • LocationCanada and Love

It's going to be exactly what you see in the film. They just couldn't get many behind-the-scenes photographs, so any details that might not be evident in the film may not be perfect, but I have a feeling they're going in frame-by-frame and will be able to replicate it at least 95%. And probably better.

FreakyFrank1

FreakyFrank1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • LocationCanada,Quebec

The thing is that it's a bit difficult to see the all of the details since it's pretty dark when we see his face in the movie,and there's is like what 1 picture behind the scene of the actor wearing the makeup tough the picture quality is a bit low.

This here is what the devs should take more attention to since some peoples out there already tried to make a head bust based on what little informations and picture refferences we have.Even the little figurine of part 6 Jason that you can get is also based on that face model.

As for part 9,well there are some variations created by fans on how he could have looked like based on some details and rumors from the peoples who made the film,even tough Kane Hodder didnt wear a full face mask. (only the head and the right eye were covered,the other 3/4 was Kane's natural face tough they did made is left eye lids red.)

here's behind the scenes of Jason goes to hell with one of the picture showing Kane makeup without the hockey mask.

http://www.fridaythe...es-to-hell.html

and some other head busts/masks videos 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgnTCFVUtW4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5y5uKR0I_k

jchelmet

jchelmet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationAustralia

the devs are going all out to make everything look as screen accurate as posssible. I don't think theres much to worry about.

GunMedia_Ben

GunMedia_Ben

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 746 posts
  • LocationLexington, KY

Yeah...shit's looking good. Trust me. 

• Davidt and Mr BadFisH22 like this

Gun Media Junior Producer and Community Manager

r80PnFy.gif

My Personal Instagram

FreakyFrank1

FreakyFrank1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • LocationCanada,Quebec

So now the Jason part 6 model is out here's are my toughts,most of the model look fine and the undead face is perfect,tough there is something off about the hockey mask and the pants,here's a video about Paul Phoenix talking about it,also to see how the zombie face look like...

I'll be fair i also think he is right when it come to the color of the hockey mask and the pants,the mask look too yellowish,when in the movie it look more like white,not exactly pure white but definitely white with a really slight tint of beige.

I also think that the pants are also not the right color,they are not beige,they seem to be more grey (like part 3 and 4) with a bit of muds here and there but in no way they are beige.

Those are pretty much the only problems with the model,tough from what i saw peoples comment and Paul saying the mask seem to have other missing details,like the nose being a bit too round and some scratches missing,but so far everything else about the models is perfect,only the colors on the mask and pants seem to need a fix.

What are your toughts ? Would like to hear the devs toughts on this too,thank you.

Body Boy

Body Boy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

I love the model. I understand that it does look a BIT off, but I can't complain really, with the tassels, bullet holes and wounds, and face looking great as they do. The mask may be slightly more yellow, but it's not really as white as many may remember. Remember when it's in the back of Tommy's truck? That's pretty gold. But I can see it being lightened a little. The pants are probably only that because of the lighting. In the dark, I think it'll look screen accurate. I am most excited to play Part VI Jason of the 4, even if I think the film is so-so. Something about his outfit I always loved.

Compare and contrast with the upper video I guess -

friday_the_13th_part_vi_jason_lives.jpg

PSN: BodyBoyBobby

GunMedia_Ben

GunMedia_Ben

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 746 posts
  • LocationLexington, KY

The lighting we're working on right now makes things look a bit off, but the shape of the mask is good to go. We had access to one of the hero masks. 

Remember, there's several masks from that movie, and two different people played Jason (Dan Bradley and C.J Graham). Dan was a bit bigger in the gut and face and his mask is different. A lot of people look at Dan's Jason as 'Fat Jason,' and his mask reflects as such. Our mask is modeled on the one used the most in the movie, with the additional bullet hole. 

This mask is one of our best, besides the color issue which we're working on. Same with the overall costume. 

• ResolutionBlaze likes this

Gun Media Junior Producer and Community Manager

r80PnFy.gif

My Personal Instagram

FreakyFrank1

FreakyFrank1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • LocationCanada,Quebec

The picture shown by Body Boy,you can clearly see that the mask isnt has yellow like on the model shown in the virtual cabin.

It definitely look more like a pale beige with bits of white here and there,as if it was basicaly a white mask wich got a bit dirty.

The mask right now look like the part 8 mask colorwise,like Body Boy suggested it would be considerable to make it paler like in the film.

I dont mind the shape of the mask,as long as the color of both mask and pants get a fix.

• DamonD7 likes this

CrazyRalph

CrazyRalph

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts
I know my 2 cents probably doesn't amount to a hill of skulls, but I can deal with the yellowish mask. I can deal with off-color pants.

HOWEVER, regardless of what they say, hero-mask or not... you'd have to be blind to stubbornly say, when looking at that film screengrab against the model in Paul Pheonix's video, that the mask is accurate.
That damn nose area on the mask is WAY OFF.
No matter what jason mask you use from the film (Dan Bradley or C.J Graham) you can hold up side by side a screengrab against the model they have and see it is not right. They may indeed have had access to a hero mask, but the modeler or digital artist on the sculpt got it wrong.
  • CrazyRalph likes this

FreakyFrank1

FreakyFrank1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • LocationCanada,Quebec

So i've been looking around again,checking everything related to part 6 Jason to make sure,by looking at the movie,figurines and cosplays.

So yeah,the mask does seem to be kinda a light 'cream' when it come to the color,not too yellow and not too white.

As for the pants,they seem to be somewhere between grey and kaki brown,but not beige that i am sure of.

Everything else is alright,the gloves are ok,the shirt is ok,the boots are ok and the skin is ok.

VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow

VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts

I guess the pants were supposed to be khaki when the coroner was dressing him for burial, and time turned them more grey while he was in the ground. The shirt seems to have been green, like forest green(lol), like the Part 3 & 4 shirt, and time in the ground turned that almost black.

Forum signature violation. Please review the rules. 

The80s

The80s

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

The thing is that it's a bit difficult to see the all of the details since it's pretty dark when we see his face in the movie,and there's is like what 1 picture behind the scene of the actor wearing the makeup tough the picture quality is a bit low.

This here is what the devs should take more attention to since some peoples out there already tried to make a head bust based on what little informations and picture refferences we have.Even the little figurine of part 6 Jason that you can get is also based on that face model.

As for part 9,well there are some variations created by fans on how he could have looked like based on some details and rumors from the peoples who made the film,even tough Kane Hodder didnt wear a full face mask. (only the head and the right eye were covered,the other 3/4 was Kane's natural face tough they did made is left eye lids red.)

here's behind the scenes of Jason goes to hell with one of the picture showing Kane makeup without the hockey mask.

http://www.fridaythe...es-to-hell.html

and some other head busts/masks videos 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgnTCFVUtW4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5y5uKR0I_k

It's so lame how the films kept screwing up the continuity of Jason's face. Depending on the film you watch, either his right eye or left eye will be the one messed up or not there. But it changes from film to film. Just the two videos you posted here proves they didn't know what they were doing. 

Forum Signature violation

DEATH

DEATH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • LocationEverywhere.

It's so lame how the films kept screwing up the continuity of Jason's face. Depending on the film you watch, either his right eye or left eye will be the one messed up or not there. But it changes from film to film. Just the two videos you posted here proves they didn't know what they were doing.

This is true and I wonder if the devs of the game will rectify that and make them uniform in that area or if they're just going to go film accurate with the discrepancies and all.

The80s

The80s

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

This is true and I wonder if the devs of the game will rectify that and make them uniform in that area or if they're just going to go film accurate with the discrepancies and all.

Something tells me they're going to go movie accurate for each one, so depending on which Jason you are, the eyes will alter from which one is the messed up one and which one isn't. 

I hope though that the eyes are more generally shadowed through the mask. Especially all the Zombie Jasons eyes. You don't have to play the video below, but just look at the shot of Part 6 Jason and how clearly you can see his eye through the mask. I don't recall being able to see his eyes that clearly in the film. I hope they fix it. 

Forum Signature violation

DEATH

DEATH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • LocationEverywhere.

Something tells me they're going to go movie accurate for each one, so depending on which Jason you are, the eyes will alter from which one is the messed up one and which one isn't.

I hope though that the eyes are more generally shadowed through the mask. Especially all the Zombie Jasons eyes. You don't have to play the video below, but just look at the shot of Part 6 Jason and how clearly you can see his eye through the mask. I don't recall being able to see his eyes that clearly in the film. I hope they fix it.

https://www.youtube....h?v=UDAKpNgyv24

I think the dark lighting will solve that issue for the most part though.

DamonD7

DamonD7

Some kind of goober

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts
  • LocationTavistock, Devon, UK
The JGTH look is the only one where they got the wrong eye missing, I believe. All the others got it right.

I'm hoping like hell they switch the eye on that one, it's always been one of my personal most wanted details for the game. One case where keeping faithful to the movie isn't what I'd prefer!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users