• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

AnimalShelterAngel

AnimalShelterAngel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Gonna have to hop back on the ball!

Twitter: @ssellers93        PlayStation: Annie_Girl93      twitch.tv: animalshelterangel

mWv9pIb.jpg

(Any Fanfiction.net users out there, feel free to look me up! Rising_From_The_Wreckage)

AnimalShelterAngel

AnimalShelterAngel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

thats already on episode 4 

Well look at me, living under a rock and such... XD

Twitter: @ssellers93        PlayStation: Annie_Girl93      twitch.tv: animalshelterangel

mWv9pIb.jpg

(Any Fanfiction.net users out there, feel free to look me up! Rising_From_The_Wreckage)

DamonD7

DamonD7

Some kind of goober

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • LocationTavistock, Devon, UK

Horror's such a malleable term and there are things that push at the boundaries. I've tended to like the more creepy or psychological or hybrid stuff than outright axe-to-the-skull types.

Jason's been kind of the exception for me, although I do like Halloween 1 & 4 as well. For the F13th series, it's probably between Part IV and Part VI. Haven't seen any of the series for several years now though, need a refresher.

Outside of those, well, I'll just throw names here so forgive the randomness. Evil Dead II, Ringu, Twins of Evil, Plague of the Zombies, The Fog ('81), In The Mouth of Madness, Event Horizon, Night of the Demon ('57) and both the '51 and '82 versions of The Thing (from Another World).

IH8YH

IH8YH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • LocationGermany

Horror's such a malleable term and there are things that push at the boundaries.

absolutely. for example... there is this little pretty unknown movie called THE LIVING AND THE DEAD which is truly an absolut horror though it has no monsters, killers, ghosts, psychopaths or whatsoever. It is about a family of an elderly couple and their mentally handicapped adult son. The wife is very ill and has to be taken care of all day. one weekend the husband HAS to make a trip into the city and hires a nurse for the weekend. the son then gets the idea to proof to his father that he is not useless and capable of doing things. so he manages to look out the nurse and tries to take care of his mother.....

as someone who had a family member in need of constant care myself, this movie was pretty much the most unpleasant and hard to watch movie i have ever seen and an absolute nightmare.

You're all a bunch of fucking pussies

IH8YH

IH8YH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • LocationGermany

by the way... i mentioned that Tom Savinis Night of the Living Dead remake was my zombie movie, to that extent, that i recreated the end credits with screenshots from my THE LAST OF US playthrough, using the music and art style of the films credits. it was also my first test with a new editing software and my first venture in more than just cutting out the part of a video i wanted to use

• DamonD7 likes this

AnimalShelterAngel

AnimalShelterAngel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

by the way... i mentioned that Tom Savinis Night of the Living Dead remake was my zombie movie, to that extent, that i recreated the end credits with screenshots from my THE LAST OF US playthrough, using the music and art style of the films credits. it was also my first test with a new editing software and my first venture in more than just cutting out the part of a video i wanted to use

Wow, great job! I love TLOU. My Service Dog's name is Joel. :P He's my apocalypse partner, haha!

mWv9pIb.jpg

Tony Redgrave

Tony Redgrave

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Mine would have to be the original Dawn of the Dead, will always be a fan of that.

SCREWNUT

SCREWNUT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • LocationCANADA

It's a tie.

Tales from the Crypt presents Demon Knight.

Night of the Creeps.

The Howling.

• GameboySM likes this
"Friday the 13th would be a lot more frightening if Jason chased you down in a big SUV and made you pay to fill it up with gas."

Tommy Jarvis

Tommy Jarvis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 861 posts
  • LocationCamp Crystal Lake

Friday the 13th (All)

Halloween Series (Originals)

Bram Stokers Dracula

Universal Monsters

Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Nightmare On Elm Street

Jaws

Lost Boys

It

Sometimes They Come Back

Sometimes They Come Back Again

Evil Dead 1 & 2

Army Of Darkness

Hatchet 1, 2, and 3

The Exorcist

Poltergeist

and many more.

http://Twitter.com/valo2k5 Twitch.tv - Valo2k5 XBL Gamertag - Valo2012

Posted Image

Subjectivity

Subjectivity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

So a lot of people dig some comedy in their horror? I guess the combination does go back a long way, though I'm not sure how often the comedy was intentional, but I see a lot of Evil Dead, Friday the 13th Part VI (which I think was the very last one I saw all the way through) Hatchet and Brain Dead. Part VI seemed a little out of place, as Kane Hodder mentioned trying to stay serious even in Jason X, Jason's always been a humorless character so I think it's a more difficult fit than it is in other series like Evil Dead, where Bruce Campbell makes it feel completely natural. Thanks for the lists, everyone!

• Tommy Jarvis likes this

Davidt

Davidt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

So a lot of people dig some comedy in their horror? I guess the combination does go back a long way, though I'm not sure how often the comedy was intentional, but I see a lot of Evil Dead, Friday the 13th Part VI (which I think was the very last one I saw all the way through) Hatchet and Brain Dead. Part VI seemed a little out of place, as Kane Hodder mentioned trying to stay serious even in Jason X, Jason's always been a humorless character so I think it's a more difficult fit than it is in other series like Evil Dead, where Bruce Campbell makes it feel completely natural. Thanks for the lists, everyone!

I just watched hatchet for the first time. Marcus has some of the funniest lines i'm glad him being the black guy wasn't the first one to be killed.

• final_guy likes this
PSN - david_tortorici
Steam - charlesleeray2
Posted Image

Bird_7_8

Bird_7_8

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, NY
Jaws, Halloween 3 (just kidding) 1+2, f13 pt.1,2,6,7...remake I liked the updated feel. This is really hard I guess it depends on my mood...sometimes Hellraiser series or Phantasm movies....Nightmare on Elm street 3 is my favorite of that series and I think it's because the crazy scenes of tongue beds, marionettes, wizards and punk chicks... just depends but def. First 7 are faves I could watch over and over.

IH8YH

IH8YH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • LocationGermany

after re-reading all the posts here and being reminded of so many great horror movies... i still have to go with the original EVIL DEAD

DeusArtMachina

DeusArtMachina

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Choosing a favourite horror film... now THAT'S a hard commitment... It's a toss up between The Evil Dead and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

"This is Sussudio, a great, great song. A personal favourite"

Michael Myers

Michael Myers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationHaddonfield
Halloween 6 Curse of Michael Myers has always been my favorite. The last Halloween with the late great Donald Pleasence. If you want me to get specific as to which version I prefer I'd say the TV or Director's cut. TV version cause it was like a hybrid cut of both the theatrical and producers cuts. The director's just had that dark and gritty grunge like score to the film. Growing up in the 1990's grunge was king.

Super Ty

Super Ty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • LocationHaddonfield, Illinois
John Carpenter's Halloween would have to be my all time favorite horror movie. I always kind of viewed Jason as the "cool" slasher, and Michael was the one that really scared me. F13 Part 6 would probably be my all time favorite from the series, but Part 2, then 3 scared me the most as a child!

f13sig1.jpg

e.txcountryboy

e.txcountryboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • LocationAt my computer... duh

Here i will just copy and paste this from my profile, as i said i can't list a straight favorite since there are so many great horror movies that cross many subgenres so here is my list of a few and their subgenre catagory...

Favorite Horror Films (by sub genre)

Slasher - Halloween (original)

Classic Monster Movie - Bride of Frankenstein

Werewolf Movie - American Werewolf in London

Vampire Movie - Spanish Dracula

Alien Movie - Alien

Horror Comedy - Evil Dead 2

Ghost Movie - Poltergeist (original)

Demonic Possession Movie - The Exorcist

Zombie Movie - Dawn of the Dead (original)

Found Footage - Cannibal Holocaust

Horror Remake - David Cronenberg's The Fly

Creature Feature - Gremlins

Guilty Pleasure - Manos: The Hands of Fate

Again thats far from a difinitive list, there are still a few subgenres i didnt even list but that will give yall the gist of it.

1zqbotk.png

CrazyRalph

CrazyRalph

Doomsayer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts
  • LocationUmm...dead since part 2?

Favorite Horror Films (by sub genre)

Favorite Slasher Film: Friday the 13th Jason Lives

Favorite Werewolf Film: An American Werewolf in London

Favorite Vampire Film:  Interview with A Vampire

Favorite Alien Film: Predator

Favorite Demon Possession Film: The Exorcist

Favorite Classic Horror: Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things

Favorite Demon Film: HellRaiser

Horror Comedy - The Lost Boys

Ghost Movie - The Conjuring

Zombie Movie - The Walking Dead (I'm Sorry, that's just Top Shelf there!)

Horror Remake - David Cronenberg's The Fly

Creature Feature - Cabin In the Woods

Guilty Pleasure - ? When I think of it I'll edit it in lol

f13sig_MC.png

e.txcountryboy

e.txcountryboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • LocationAt my computer... duh

Good Choices Ralph, many similarities to my list and the ones that are different are definately up there on my list.

1zqbotk.png

shaderaygun

shaderaygun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

In terms of quality, either The Shining or Silence of the Lambs, though the latter is only horror in certain scenes

In terms of what horror film I like watching the most... Friday the 13th Part VI. To me, Jason Lives is the epitome of Friday the 13th as a franchise. It's campy, it's fun, it's spooky, it's got a nice gothic feel to it, has great deaths and an over all sense of fun to it. It's the perfect slasher movie. Just a shame the other zombie Jason movies couldn't deliver on Jason Lives' promise.

"There's a legend around here. A killer buried, but not dead. A curse on Crystal Lake, a death curse. Jason Voorhees' curse. They say he died as a boy, but he keeps coming back. Few have seen him and lived. Some have even tried to stop him... No one can. People forget he's down there, waiting..."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users