• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

Subjectivity

Subjectivity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Just because nobody's asked yet, what's your favorite horror movie? And if it's not a Friday the 13th, which is your favorite Friday the 13th? I think I'd probably go Part VII, because I think it had the best Jason costume (the first done by Kane Hodder!) and the very unusual addition of telekinesis into the story, which I'm sure bothered some people but it definitely made the movie stand out from the rest of the series. It was almost like a superhero fighting Jason, which combines everything I love into one movie.

Outside the series, I think the first movie that comes to mind was an interesting horror film called Creep from 2004, about a woman accidentally locked inside the London subway system overnight. It was really well done, and combined a creepy atmosphere with a cool "forgotten evil" concept.

If I haven't heard of your favorites, I'd love to check them out, so also share any horror movies you think people may not have seen, and are worth a watch!

IH8YH

IH8YH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • LocationGermany

recently or "of all times" !?

You're all a bunch of fucking pussies

anthonymorales

anthonymorales

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Locationbrooklyn new york
A nightmare on elm street 3 dream warriors

Subjectivity

Subjectivity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

recently or "of all times" !?

All time, I guess. I'm more likely to enjoy recent stuff, as gore depends on tech, but I do like some of the older stuff.

I think I've seen Nightmare 3 more than any of the others, for some reason. Maybe they play it on TV more because it's the most popular. I've had a strangely difficult time finding Nightmare 4, actually, though I think that might have been my favorite from what I can remember. Nobody ever seems to talk about 2. They went in a strangely different direction with that one, which is usually a bad idea for iconic horror series.

e.txcountryboy

e.txcountryboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • LocationAt my computer... duh

yea i can't come up with an all time favorite. there are just too many great horror films that now i just list favorites into sub genres. (ex. Favorite Classic Monster Film - Bride of Frankenstein, Favorite Demonic Possession Movie - Exorcist, Favorite Slasher - Halloween)

1zqbotk.png

IH8YH

IH8YH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • LocationGermany

gore depending on tech isnt true at all.

and all time.... i think i gotta say Evil Dead

lgb1235

lgb1235

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

I think I have to go with Scream. It was my first horror film so it brought me into the genre and once I actually knew the references it got better for me. 

Urbansaraquael

Urbansaraquael

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationLaredo, TX

I was always a fan of the Friday series but what has quickly become one of my "favorites" was the Hatchet series. Great kills and build up in terms of pacing. 

• MagnusMKI likes this

IH8YH

IH8YH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • LocationGermany

...Scream. It was my first horror film ...

i feel so damn old now :/

PowellCampsNAKED

PowellCampsNAKED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,601 posts
  • LocationKingston, RI
i really enjoyed April Fools Day where they go to the friends house on an island and get picked off 1 by 1.
Add me on PSN - Campfacer

TheMountainThatRoars

TheMountainThatRoars

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Pumpkinhead was my first horror movie...that I remember anyway...so it has always held a special place with me.

SkySlasher13

SkySlasher13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Wow that is a tough one for me I can't pick a single overall favorite but by sub genre

Favorite Slasher Film Friday the 13th The Final Chapter

Favorite Werewolf Film An American Werewolf in London

Favorite Vampire Film Fright Night (Original)

Favorite Alien Film John Carpenter's The Thing

Favorite Demon Film Evil Dead (Original)

Favorite Classic Horror Creature from The Black Lagoon

• allsaintsday2099 likes this

GameboySM

GameboySM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

John Carpenter's "The Thing"

• Subjectivity and allsaintsday2099 like this

IH8YH

IH8YH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • LocationGermany

my favorite Vampire Movie would be Bram Stokers Dracula. its a masterpiece if you ask me. on the "low budget" front it would be STAKE LAND. but damn so many good vampire movies! NEAR DARK, LOST BOYS, WHAT WE DO IN THE SHADOWS....

Davidt

Davidt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

Friday the 13th has always been my favourite franchise. Part 5 would be my favourite although its not Jason as the killer i really enjoy it, Id say part 6 would be a close 2nd. Besides F13 movies i really enjoy the movie Valentine.

PSN - david_tortorici
Steam - charlesleeray2
Posted Image

10ofSwords

10ofSwords

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts
  • LocationAlaska 907

Wow a tough question and everyone's answers are Home Runs . 

Se7en and Silence of the Lambs - really that whole series Manhunter aka Red Dragon and Hannibal 

Near dark , Fright Night and John Carpenter's Vampires 

American Werewolf in London , Dog Soldiers and Ginger Snaps

Dawn of the Dead , 28 Days later , and for it's gore Brain Dead/Dead Alive

Jaws ,The Exorcist , The Conjuring 

The Evil Dead / Evil Dead 2 / Army of Darkness

The Shinning , John Carpenter's The Thing , Dead Silence 

Ringu , Audition and Battle Royale .

Friday the 13th , Halloween , A Nightmare on Elm Street , The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 

and a few others .... :D 

• allsaintsday2099 likes this

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

AnimalShelterAngel

AnimalShelterAngel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Ugh... it's so hard to narrow it down, much less pick one! But I suppose if I had to choose just a few of my favorites...

Friday the 13th Part VI has to be my top favorite just because it's the first horror movie I can remember actually watching as a kid, and it's what got me interested in the horror genre and the FT13th fandom. (I think I was four or five when I saw it, and I begged my mom for a Friday the 13th movie when I turned six.)

I absolutely adore the Stephen King classics - Cujo and The Shining and Pet Semetary. (Didn't much care for the second PS, actually.)

Both Evil Dead movies (The original and the remake) were really good. (Looking forward to Ash vs. The Evil Dead coming out soon!)

Oh and I really like Zombieland as a Horror/Comedy. :D

Candyman and Trick'r'Treat are also some classics I enjoy watching every now and then, along with the Hannibal Lector series. ("Fly fly, little Starling..."  :wub: )

As far as newer horror movies go, I definitely enjoyed Dead Silence, Mama, and that new gothic romance Crimson Peak.

And personally, I did like the 2009 FT13th reboot. Obviously the classics are the classics for a reason, and they are all totally awesome in their own way, but I really liked the way Marcus Nispel re-imagined the series and the way he kind of portrayed Jason as just a man (albeit an enormously muscley one) who maliciously planned out his traps and very literally hunted those kids down. I know Jason's done it before in some of the originals, but I did like the rebooted version. More athletic and sneaky and overall bad@ss. 

But hey! That's just me! :P

Twitter: @ssellers93        PlayStation: Annie_Girl93      twitch.tv: animalshelterangel

mWv9pIb.jpg

(Any Fanfiction.net users out there, feel free to look me up! Rising_From_The_Wreckage)

IH8YH

IH8YH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • LocationGermany

...Looking forward to Ash vs. The Evil Dead coming out soon....

thats already on episode 4 

lgb1235

lgb1235

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

thats already on episode 4 

And it's absolutely amazeballs so far

IH8YH

IH8YH