Laphin

Laphin's Official Video Thread! - Tune Here for Updated Content!

201 posts in this topic

Actually I'm on the discord right now bro, its free.

It was made a LONG time ago by community member's. Ben and Wes are mods there.

Laphin may have his own PERSONAL discord if thats what your talking about. But the community Discord for arranging games and such has ALWAYS been free.

Is this the same Discord channel that has been called uptight and ban happy?

Ugh,tried to edit my old post and just made a new one.

DOUBLE POSTER!!

Maybe? Ive never seen it if that's the case. I talk in the big group channels when new stuff gets reveled, but that's about it.

I'm talking about the one advertised in Laphins twitch subscription video.

Yes you can if you are on (PC), there's a #fridaythe13th general chat and players can collab there, additionally, until the console chats get flooded and aggravating for people, those will be open as well, but those will get closed off if it starts getting busier. This is all perks. It's not to make a clique. It's if someone wants to sub, and their 'buy in' is because they want to hang out in a less crowded room, and play with folks they know. THAT'S IT. Yes, it benefits me, but it's because said person's are supporting the benefits -I- am giving them. It's a mutual thing. GIVE, GET BACK. It's not a "Pay to Play".

I wouldn't make someone have to pay to play with me. It's not like I'm just going to be logging on and playing with ONLY my subs everyday all the time, 24/7. I don't want that. I would never want that. It's just an optional service for subs, if they so happen to choose that themselves.

I've never had to ban anyone on my Discord, so no.

It's your patronising tone that rubs people the wrong way.

You only ever post to advertise your Twitch stream or to dismiss other's opinions.

You don't see Charmin on here talking to people like they're fools.

Your reap what you sow.

Please explain what grave I'm digging?

This isn't the first time you three have also targeted others on the forum for personal reasons.

"You dismiss my opinions"

Nobody on this forum attacks other users as much as you three have for the silliest reasons.

This isn't the first time you three have also targeted others on the forum for personal reasons.

Nobody on this forum attacks other users as much as you three have for the silliest reasons.

Laphin is a big boy and I'd say he's done an okay job of clearing things up,Officer.

I've never had to ban anyone on my Discord, so no. 

Sorry dude, I didn't mean your channel. It seems that the dev's hang out on a Discord and that channel has been getting info that we've been learning here on the forum second hand (check counselor clothing pack thread for example). I'm trying to narrow down just where all they are doling out info at. They've been silent the last few days here. 

Maybe? Ive never seen it if that's the case. I talk in the big group channels when new stuff gets reveled, but that's about it.

You may get the job of discord courier. Just be careful not to take that job in New Vegas.  

You may get the job of discord courier. Just be careful not to take that job in New Vegas.  

Thanks,now I can't decide if I want to finish Telltale Game's Batman or start a new save in F:NV.

Also,I second the notion that Nothingface is now the official liaison between discord and the board.

Thanks,now I can't decide if I want to finish Telltale Game's Batman or start a new save in F:NV.

Also,I second the notion that Nothingface is now the official liaison between discord and the board.

Both great games. Do Batman first. It's a quicky. Then slaughter all the Legionnaires you want until Early 2017 hits.

All you do is incite arguments on here. ???? It's all you've ever done.

What do you mean 'personal reasons'? You have a wild imagination.

Yes, the devs do frequent the Friday the 13th discord a ton.. that is their place to speak live with fans, which I think is fantastic.

This is a great thing that the devs are willing to be close to their community and talk with people MORE than just through a forum.

I don't know how much this is going to be abused by the public when the game releases.  But for right now while it lasts..  it's a really cool thing.

I apologize if there was miscommunication.  I deleted that video.  I didn't know that people were getting the wrong message from it.  I just thought everyone was being an asshole.  

I'm in this community to support it for sure.  My main form of income is from doing voice overs daily.  Secondary is from streaming.  But if I could support and do this full-time?  Why not.  If I didn't care about this game or the community, I wouldn't have put the amount of effort into what I have done so far... 

I believe in this game, like no other game before it.  You'd be surprised at how many people, even close friends do not believe in this game, and I just tell'em... if the game tanks, I don't mind going down with the ship.. I'll still play it, even if it means I won't be able to stream as much, but that's just how I feel.

if the game tanks, I don't mind going down with the ship.. I'll still play it, even if it means I won't be able to stream as much, but that's just how I feel.

I hear ya. Even if they released the beta,as it was,I'd still be playing it as much as possible. Worst case scenario,we are the core group dedicated to keeping it alive.

OK a few things.

1) Laphin and Thatdudescott, please be mindful not to double post. I have merged your posts.

2) This thread was created as a source to keep Laphins videos to one thread.

3) The content provided within this thread is free to watch, I have yet to see Laphin advertise for paid subscriptions to his channel on this forum.

Let's keep the conversation civil. The topic of this thread is directly related to videos contained within and not about optional paid subscriptions on an external outlet. You can feel free to watch the videos contained within the post, if you decide you want no part of it then you are free to take no action.

ResolutionBlaze and Mark K like this

OK a few things.

1) Laphin and Thatdudescott, please be mindful not to double post. I have merged your posts.

proyodaadvice-the-balance-has-been-resto

EDIT: Quoted the wrong thing, Fixed.

OK a few things.

3) The content provided within this thread is free to watch, I have yet to see Laphin advertise for paid subscriptions to his channel on this forum.

Let's keep the conversation civil. The topic of this thread is directly related to videos contained within and not about optional paid subscriptions on an external outlet. You can feel free to watch the videos contained within the post, if you decide you want no part of it then you are free to take no action.

Bayer or Tylenol JPOPS? ;)

Yes, the devs do frequent the Friday the 13th discord a ton.. that is their place to speak live with fans, which I think is fantastic.

This is a great thing that the devs are willing to be close to their community and talk with people MORE than just through a forum.

I don't know how much this is going to be abused by the public when the game releases.  But for right now while it lasts..  it's a really cool thing.

I apologize if there was miscommunication.  I deleted that video.  I didn't know that people were getting the wrong message from it.  I just thought everyone was being an asshole.  

I'm in this community to support it for sure.  My main form of income is from doing voice overs daily.  Secondary is from streaming.  But if I could support and do this full-time?  Why not.  If I didn't care about this game or the community, I wouldn't have put the amount of effort into what I have done so far... 

I believe in this game, like no other game before it.  You'd be surprised at how many people, even close friends do not believe in this game, and I just tell'em... if the game tanks, I don't mind going down with the ship.. I'll still play it, even if it means I won't be able to stream as much, but that's just how I feel.

Eh...this game could be the next Goldeneye. A movie to game adaptation that transcends a genre. Or it could be the next movie to game adaptation that's run of the mill. You certainly can't make the claim that this game is being used to hype a new Friday the 13th film because guess what...the next Friday the 13th film is nowhere in sight. Other movie to game adaptations tend to do that.

There is definitely heart and soul put into this game. The level of detail a AAA company wouldn't bother to utilize with the license. There is also risk if this tanks because this isn't a AAA company.

This game should have a good 10 year lifecycle if the devs stick with it. Its all going to depend how much content/patches they continue to deliver post launch. There will no doubt be sections of the fandom who will want a fast sequel, like what happens with other fandoms in gaming. Especially if they feel they aren't going to get what they want in this game.

Things like Part 4 Jason, Jason X/Uber or Pamela/Roy are all things that should be DLC content for THIS game.

Friday the 13th: The Game Part 2 SHOULD NOT be a game where you take out Part 2, Part 3, Part 7, Part 6, Part 8, Savini and the counselors and replace them with brand new counselors and only have Part 4 Jason, Pamela, Uber Jason and then new DLC from there.

That's way too gimmicky and a bait and switch really.

This game should be the definitive Friday the 13th game.

The NES game has a core set of fans and I don't mind the NES game, but this game should be the game that defines the film series.

I'm hoping we don't get too many trolls or this will be monitored so those can be weeded out.

OK a few things.

Ok so how is this done ? If you don't have to pay. I'm already following Laphin on Twitch so how do I set this up. I was never trying to cause an issue but I thought you had to pay $4.99 a month to play with Laphin on this discord. I guess I really don't understand how it works. Please explain.

Thanks in advance.

TWarner, do no double post. I am not familiar with what a donation to his channel entails. This thread is to showcase videos, which to my knowledge do not require you to pay money to view. Anything else outside of this forum, well that is beyond my control.

There will be plenty of opportunities to play with one another. I would suggest sending Laphin a DM for information on what a subscription is for.

TWarner, do no double post. I am not familiar with what a donation to his channel entails. This thread is to showcase videos, which to my knowledge do not require you to pay money to view. Anything else outside of this forum, well that is beyond my control.

There will be plenty of opportunities to play with one another. I would suggest sending Laphin a DM for information on what a subscription is for.

What's being lost here is his last video was just a cabin chat but the previous video was more or less an advertisement for a subscription thing. That's what all the hubbub is about.

I'm hoping we don't get too many trolls or this will be monitored so those can be weeded out.

Ok so how is this done ? If you don't have to pay. I'm already following Laphin on Twitch so how do I set this up. I was never trying to cause an issue but I thought you had to pay $4.99 a month to play with Laphin on this discord. I guess I really don't understand how it works. Please explain.

Thanks in advance.

Hey TWarner, I will explain it.

People can join my Twitch AND my Discord for free.  You don't have to pay to chat in the majority of the chat channels.  There are some chat channels reserved for subs.

Subscribers that subscribe get PERKS.  I will list the Perks.

1. Ad-Free Streams, no more annoying commercials.

2. Emotes & Badges, that I have specifically made for the channel (some of them Friday the 13th themed.  (These are designed as cool visual elements for subs)

3.  Subs are not affected by slow mode, if the chat ever gets chaotic with too many people, Slow mode keeps people from chatting for so many seconds after each message. 

4.  I can set the chatroom to "SUBS ONLY" this is for later when the channel is actually filled with too many people, only subs will be able to chat (This won't be enabled for awhile).

5.  Discord privileges.  Subs can hang out in their own channels, and collaborate games together.

6.  First dibs on Giveaways.  I rarely do giveaways, because I don't want my channel to feel like a gameshow, where people arrive just for FREE STUFF, but there will be some for F13 for sure.

The discord is designed so people don't have to chat over 1,000 other people, or when the discord gets really hard to organize a match with friends, they can jump into a less crowded chat and do it.

Simply perks, that people can sub for..  Bur a majority of my subscribers do not subscribe because they WANT something.   They subscribe because they just legit want to support what I'm doing.  The perks are just bonus.

When you go to my Discord server, you integrate it with your Twitch account (takes like 5 secs).  Discord will then notice you as a "Subscriber" and it will enable the perks and list you in the chat as a sub.

That's how it works.

People may subscribe because they want the bonuses/perks.  MOST subscribe because they like my channel, they enjoy my streams, and they want to support.  It's all completely optional.  If people don't want to sub, awesome.  They STILL can play with me, and talk in the chats... just not the extra ones that are there for when things get pretty damned hectic.  Which everything will get hectic, especially in the chats, in time.

TWarner likes this