Laphin

Laphin's Official Video Thread! - Tune Here for Updated Content!

201 posts in this topic

I get he's a fan but selling his subs here isn't very cool. At the very least this thread should be moved to 'Off-Topic' but I'd personally remove/lock it altogether.

You guys that don't understand what Twitch is, I'd appreciate it if you kept your nose out of other people's business, instead of rolling in here making idiotic comments about something you don't even (obviously) understand.  Watching my stream doesn't cost money, people can drop a "FOLLOW" anytime they want at no cost.  People that want to support my stream by SUBSCRIBING is optional, and is essentially the EXACT same thing as Patreon.  People that like what our community is, support it, and I give them back perks in return.  It's my community, and I support horror and the game, as well as the devs.  If people want to support me back in return for that, awesome sauce.  That supports my channel and keeps me going, just like a radio program.

You obviously have some kind of negativity for this, I couldn't imagine why.

You don't seem to understand the support nor the community that Twitch has for videos games and what streamers create for the community, and the exposure it gives for games.  As soon as you understand how that works, you can come here and drop your sick little troll comments.  Otherwise, take your negativity somewhere else.

Davidt likes this

You guys that don't understand what Twitch is, I'd appreciate it if you kept your nose out of other people's business, instead of rolling in here making idiotic comments about something you don't even (obviously) understand.  Watching my stream doesn't cost money, people can drop a "FOLLOW" anytime they want at no cost.  People that want to support my stream by SUBSCRIBING is optional, and is essentially the EXACT same thing as Patreon.  People that like what our community is, support it, and I give them back perks in return.  It's my community, and I support horror and the game, as well as the devs.  If people want to support me back in return for that, awesome sauce.  That supports my channel and keeps me going, just like a radio program.

You don't seem to understand the support nor the community that Twitch has for videos games and what streamers create for the community, and the exposure it gives for games.  As soon as you understand how that works, you can come here and drop your sick little troll comments.  Otherwise, take your negativity somewhere else.

Don't like people advertising on here or lecturing people. Easy. If you can't deal with criticism..."take your negativity somewhere else".

bewareofbears likes this

You guys that don't understand what Twitch is, I'd appreciate it if you kept your nose out of other people's business, instead of rolling in here making idiotic comments about something you don't even (obviously) understand. Watching my stream doesn't cost money, people can drop a "FOLLOW" anytime they want at no cost. People that want to support my stream by SUBSCRIBING is optional, and is essentially the EXACT same thing as Patreon. People that like what our community is, support it, and I give them back perks in return. It's my community, and I support horror and the game, as well as the devs. If people want to support me back in return for that, awesome sauce. That supports my channel and keeps me going, just like a radio program.

You don't seem to understand the support nor the community that Twitch has for videos games and what streamers create for the community, and the exposure it gives for games. As soon as you understand how that works, you can come here and drop your sick little troll comments. Otherwise, take your negativity somewhere else.

If it's one of your main sources of income then you are advertising your business. Even if it's not, it's still advertising your business.

It's easy to drop in here and call us idiots and trolls but we've made a valid point whether or not you believe we're capable of understanding how Twitch works.

Edit:

http://www.streambig.net/stream-big/streaming-and-taxes

If the government wants a piece then I'd say you're in business. ;)

None of you made any valid point.  All you did is come in here and complain, and whine about nothing.  But nice try living in your delusional space.

You know nothing of Twitch and you're making it so evidently obvious.  You're just kinda digging your own grave.

ResolutionBlaze likes this

It's your patronising tone that rubs people the wrong way.

You only ever post to advertise your Twitch stream or to dismiss other's opinions.

You don't see Charmin on here talking to people like they're fools.

Your reap what you sow.

Please explain what grave I'm digging?

None of you made any valid point.  All you did is come in here and complain, and whine about nothing.  But nice try living in your delusional space.

You know nothing of Twitch and you're making it so evidently obvious.  You're just kinda digging your own grave.

I know enough. ;) We definitely complained- there's a dude hocking his shit on the forum. Whine? Not so much. :)

Don't like people advertising on here or lecturing people. Easy. If you can't deal with criticism..."take your negativity somewhere else".

To be fair.. its kinda his thread. Its in a public forum but it was made with the purpose of promoting his videos. Telling someone to leave their own promotional thread is kind of....

I get he's a fan but selling his subs here isn't very cool. At the very least this thread should be moved to 'Off-Topic' but I'd personally remove/lock it altogether.

Twitch is currently one of, if not the BIGGEST platform for growing strong gaming community's. Having folks with active micro community's be invested in a game helps it grow and maintain a fan base.

An example of how powerful streamer impact is on a game can be seen through dead by daylight. Admiral Bahroo used to be the biggest DBD streamer bar none (pulled in 5000+ viewers a show) in, one day he showed off a little known glitch that had been around for months due to the fact that he was mad they hadn't fixed it yet. The next day the glitch was pandemic, EVERYONE knew about it and was exploiting it. The devs got mad and temporarily suspended him. Bahroo left DBD over it and within 2 weeks DBD had a player base drop of over 20% average.

A lot of folks make there living off of entertaining folks via twitch. But that actually HELPS community's because it serves as free advertising and fun places for others invested in your interests to hang out. Streamers and Games now have symbiotic relationships, whats good for one is generally good for the other.

Should this thread be in off topic? Maybe. But honestly Laphins videos get eyes on this game, it shouldn't be a matter of hostility we all just want this game to do well. If his videos get a larger player base it can do nothing but help this game. If he grows his channel while doing so I don't have a problem with it.

None of you made any valid point. All you did is come in here and complain, and whine about nothing. But nice try living in your delusional space.

You know nothing of Twitch and you're making it so evidently obvious. You're just kinda digging your own grave.

Not trolling,I would honestly like to know why it costs a 4.99 subscription for access to a discord and the ability to organize games with Friday fans. What people do with their money (fools and gold) is none of my business when it comes to supporting your channel via donations. But paying to access the ability to set up games is grimy especially since we're all "family" in the "F13 army."
TWarner likes this

To be fair.. its kinda his thread. Its in a public forum but it was made with the purpose of promoting his videos. Telling someone to leave their own promotional thread is kind of....

Twitch is currently one of, if not the BIGGEST platform for growing strong gaming community's. Having folks with active micro community's be invested in a game helps it grow and maintain a fan base.

An example of how powerful streamer impact is on a game can be seen through dead by daylight. Admiral Bahroo used to be the biggest DBD streamer bar none (pulled in 5000+ viewers a show) in, one day he showed off a little known glitch that had been around for months due to the fact that he was mad they hadn't fixed it yet. The next day the glitch was pandemic, EVERYONE knew about it and was exploiting it. The devs got mad and temporarily suspended him. Bahroo left DBD over it and within 2 weeks DBD had a player base drop of over 20% average.

A lot of folks make there living off of entertaining folks via twitch. But that actually HELPS community's because it serves as free advertising and fun places for others invested in your interests to hang out. Streamers and Games now have symbiotic relationships, whats good for one is generally good for the other.

Should this thread be in off topic? Maybe. But honestly Laphins videos get eyes on this game, it shouldn't be a matter of hostility we all just want this game to do well. If his videos get a larger player base it can do nothing but help this game. If he grows his channel while doing so I don't have a problem with it.

It's definitely off-topic. The benefits of streamers is definitely debatable but regardless of any of that, he's advertising his business here. That's inappropriate. If I had a business related to this game would I be allowed to advertise here? I paint Jason masks, I could paint some Savini ones- it would help advertise the game... so should I start a business thread? Just saying. :)

It's definitely off-topic. The benefits of streamers is definitely debatable but regardless of any of that, he's advertising his business here. That's inappropriate. If I had a business related to this game would I be allowed to advertise here? I paint Jason masks, I could paint some Savini ones- it would help advertise the game... so should I start a business thread? Just saying. :)

In off topic? Sure! A Jason mask painting thread to promote your business would be fine with me. Would probably be entertaining to watch if you have videos of it.

I like watching neat shit like that! In the end its semi related and entertaining so no harm no foul, IMO anyway.

He has the tact and self-discipline of Oscar the Grouch from Sesame Street flying out of a trashcan at 100mph and surprising forum members with an over the top self serving monologue.

It's your patronising tone that rubs people the wrong way.

You only ever post to advertise your Twitch stream or to dismiss other's opinions.

You don't see Charmin on here talking to people like they're fools.

Your reap what you sow.

Plenty, I praise many people for their ideas on here,  some are great, others not so much. and I criticize others equally the same when people post bad ideas.  I'm not going to sit on here and agree with everything everyone says.  I don't work like that.  What person do you know that candy coats every idea they see??  Do YOU agree with every person's opinion in the world?  Probably not.

Charmin and myself are good friends, and he's a cool dude.. everyone in this F13 community is awesome, and I'm here to support the community, the devs, the game.  See, I don't know what kind of issue you have with that, or even if you expect me to just kiss YOUR ass in my replies back to you, but that's just not how it works.

You sit here and talk about "Reaping what you Sow" when YOU are the one sitting here initiating conflict with me for no apparent reason out of the blue other than to attack the way in which I run my Twitch channel, with my subscribers who are ALREADY subscribed to me upon their own free will, and you are CRITICIZING me about announcing how my perks for them will work on discord.

It's not some kind of HOT SHOT clique club.  It's simply a PERK for people that subscribe so that when I want to play with my subscribers, which wouldn't even be everyday, I can pull out of the waiting room and they get in.  I'm not understanding what you can't comprehend about this.  I'm still going to be playing with everyone... it's not a clique, it's another option for those that want to jump into my stream when I'm playing.  

Yes, Subscribers pay... but that's the way it's been on Twitch for YEARS.  You're carrying on about it like I just shot someone's mom dude.

I don't know if you see how ass backwards this is... but it's pretty damn messed up.

You're just kinda digging your own grave.

With bloodied shovels of dark occult mystic power?

Not mine, I'd hope. It's a wasted effort. I keep coming back.

Humor aside Laphin is why I'm here now. I couldn't play the beta on my comp and he plugged the forums during his F13 playthrough. I came here and things have been good ever since. I'd say as long as the mods are not giving him special privileges (locking other's threads for self promotion etc) to just live and let live. 

I'm with Nothingface on this one. 

Some forum rules for review:

Avatar / Signature: Avatars have a set sizing, so that will take care of itself, but we ask that you keep signatures to one image per account. We ask you try to keep the signature image size to around 550x200. Anything deemed 'too large' at the discretion of the staff will be removed and a note will be left asking to change signature. You may add up to three lines of text on your signature as well. Shameless self-promotion of any product/service that you make money off of is asked to gain approval from the mod staff. NOTE: Admins/Mods will have specific avatars; no other user may use these, or a close approximation of these avatars as it helps with quicker identification.

Illegal Software / Programs / Files: No Warez, no hosting, no links to pirated content, no links to content meant for For-Profit gain. Do not discuss illegally obtained material, do not recommend it. This content includes, but is not limited to: Programs, CD-Keys, key gens, cracks, music files (.mp3, .wav, etc

Splatterhouse likes this

I realize I'm late to the party, but when does the sexy granny DLC go on preorder? Will she come out after Savini Jason but before Pamela?

It worries me that you called it SEXY granny.

Nothingface likes this

Everyone take a chill. We're all friends here and can all horribly murder each other on the livestream later. :)

And as for you.

It worries me that you called it SEXY granny.

Do ya know what happens when ya make me cringe while reading? Do ya know what happens...when my eyes have to spasm from your words? Do ya?!! HUH?!

:D

Some forum rules for review:

Avatar / Signature: Avatars have a set sizing, so that will take care of itself, but we ask that you keep signatures to one image per account. We ask you try to keep the signature image size to around 550x200. Anything deemed 'too large' at the discretion of the staff will be removed and a note will be left asking to change signature. You may add up to three lines of text on your signature as well. Shameless self-promotion of any product/service that you make money off of is asked to gain approval from the mod staff. NOTE: Admins/Mods will have specific avatars; no other user may use these, or a close approximation of these avatars as it helps with quicker identification.

Illegal Software / Programs / Files: No Warez, no hosting, no links to pirated content, no links to content meant for For-Profit gain. Do not discuss illegally obtained material, do not recommend it. This content includes, but is not limited to: Programs, CD-Keys, key gens, cracks, music files (.mp3, .wav, etc

Look, if it pleases you, and makes you happier inside (and everyone else that's being negative).  I removed the link.

Instead of making all these really craptastic comments, why not be more appropriate about the whole thing?

If you guys think I'm hurting the community, fantastic. 

There's no need to be foul about it.  Whether you agree with what I'm doing or not.  I'm not going to stop supporting the game.  ... If you have a problem with me trying to support myself in the process of this, well, I can't help you with that, because I'm not about to stop.  It's just kinda how Twitch works.  Not just for myself, but for MANY streamers.  If you'd understand this, I don't think the attitudes would have been AS shitty here.

Again,my view is that if people are going to give you tips or pay for a subscription,that's on them. But advertising a discord channel that's behind a pay wall is grimy. It wasn't just like "PLAY WITH LAPHIN and OTHER streamers!", it was about TRUE fans of the game having a place to organize matches. It borders on fan exploitation,IMO. But,get that $$$.

Again,my view is that if people are going to give you tips or pay for a subscription,that's on them. But advertising a discord channel that's behind a pay wall is grimy. It wasn't just like "PLAY WITH LAPHIN and OTHER streamers!", it was about fans of the game having a place to organize matches. It borders on fan exploitation,IMO. But,get that $$$.

The Discord is not behind a pay wall.  There are currently 302 members on my Discord,.... Charmin's one of them... he's not paying me anything.  100s of people are not subscribed.. but they still go in there and chat, and everyone has a great time.  There are only 4 places for subscribers in there.  And they are simply for those that don't want to try and OVER TALK the 100s of people that will eventually end up in there.  Would YOU want to try and out talk a flooded chatroom?  No.  There's a place for subs to dodge that if they choose to.  These are all PERKS, nothing is closed off from anyone.

You guys are all just making stuff up and creating a delusion of what my discord and Twitch channel are.  Everything is open to PUBLIC.  Subscribers get perks, the SAME AS PATREON SUPPORTERS.  I don't know how this is so hard to figure out what I'm saying.  

You guys are all just making stuff up and creating a delusion of what my discord and Twitch channel are.

Honestly,your video did that. But if you are saying that I can just hop on your twitch,go into your discord,go to the room with PC players,and set up a game,without needing to pay 4.99,then that clears my issues up. But the video makes it seem like those rooms are behind a paywall.

Again,my view is that if people are going to give you tips or pay for a subscription,that's on them. But advertising a discord channel that's behind a pay wall is grimy. It wasn't just like "PLAY WITH LAPHIN and OTHER streamers!", it was about TRUE fans of the game having a place to organize matches. It borders on fan exploitation,IMO. But,get that $$$.

Actually I'm on the discord right now bro, its free.

It was made a LONG time ago by community member's. Ben and Wes are mods there.

Laphin may have his own PERSONAL discord if thats what your talking about. But the community Discord for arranging games and such has ALWAYS been free.

But the community Discord for arranging games and such has ALWAYS been free.

I'm talking about the one advertised in Laphins twitch subscription video.

Not the F13th community discord...