Laphin

Laphin's Official Video Thread! - Tune Here for Updated Content!

254 posts in this topic

Alright, let's change back to the topic at hand or I'm closing this. No need to be going back and forth over something that has nothing to do with the original topic. Don't care who started it it ends with me. Let's be courteous of one another here.

My apologies.  I didn't mean for the conversation to get carried away, but I also don't let people try and throw me under the bus.

I enjoy conversation with many of you, on a daily basis for those that go to my streams, and you guys know how I am. 

Thanks for being who you are.  Also Happy New Year!

Ive NEVER seen THIS Laphin. Thats how i knew something happened. I was like...something had to have really got under his skin because Laphin is ALWAYS chill and layed back. My dude was straight going in. But when i saw it was Mark i was like...huh? Mark has never done this either...shrugs.

Ive NEVER seen THIS Laphin. Thats how i knew something happened. I was like...something had to have really got under his skin because Laphin is ALWAYS chill and layed back. My dude was straight going in. But when i saw it was Mark i was like...huh? Mark has never done this either...shrugs.

Sarcasm and conversational humor doesn't work well across the internet, makes normally cool headed guys break out in random arguments.

It just happens, don't let it ruin your experience.

As for the video itself, I never watch these but I ALWAYS listen to them when playing other games. I enjoy listening to Laphin talk while messing around in non sound intensive games like Grim Dawn and Civ 5.

iz gewd!

I know, again, I apologize.  One pet peeve of mine is being thrown under the bus for no reason.  I don't like seeing friends of mine stepped on either.  That kind of thing eats at me.

But it's a New Year, and there's going to be a lot of great things happening for the game and the franchise pushing forward, and that makes me happiest more than anything.

I care about it a bunch.  No time for ridiculous negativity.

Please consider this a verbal warning for both Laphin and Mark K on flame-wars and arguments starting. Considering you both apologized, no action will be taken at this time. 

Sorry guys, but both of you could have handled that better without the jabs or the comments. If you have an issue, please take it to PMs. 

-Ben

Okay, I want to try and start this thread again proper this time.  I want this thread to be where I place and we can talk about ideas cropped up from the folks who enjoy my cabin discussions, as there are some great ideas both from myself and from the scrolling on-screen chat that aren't all talked about here.

Those ideas can be built upon here.

Tonight, the main topics were Muffin (the dog from Part II), Map Talk, and Beta Mechanics.

Highlights to *points-of-interest* can be easily accessed through the video's description timestamps, so you can skip through to listed topics quickly.  Hope everyone enjoys!

2 people like this

Just for the record the flare wasn't really that bad. What it does is mark Jason on the map if he's in it's area of effect. I did find firecrackers less useful though.

Thanks for the timestamps, btw, always helpful when I'm in a rush. Although this time I was able to just watch the whole video.

I loved the mental image of someone being dunked into a barrel but glitch blasting off into outer space instead.

The "Dead" bandannas really would be a fun little unlockable clothing option. Maybe if you get killed, I don't know, in 50 games or something? Accumulated, of course!

Agreed on the Beta, I feel it is a bunch of small changes needed (alongside bug fixes, natch) rather than wholesale ones. There have been a lot of suggestions thrown around, which is great, but I hope the devs continue to evolve rather than make a hard turn on things.

Laphin......just wanted to let you know I really enjoy your little chats.

Love to get a couple matches in with you when the game releases. Youd be a lot of fun. Steam name is Riff14 if you wanna add me.

DEATH:

See, that's something I never found out about the flares, because I never really bothered to use them when Jason was around.

Usually I would just use my ears, or camera to pick up on his location.  But the flare would be helpful if other survivors were around, I suppose, so they can plan their strategy.

I know that the developers don't want to SPOON FEED everything to the players, and players are definitely frustrated, trying to learn this game.  It's a growing pain that players will have to get used to tho, as I think NOT EXPLAINING things to players really helps people to learn the game 'on their own' and creates a sense of reward and "I did that myself" personal achievement when they figure things out on their own.

DamonD7:

That's an AWESOME idea about the "Dead" bandanas (from part 6 paintball).

Earning that after dying repeatedly would be an awesome thing.

BloodOnTheRocks:

Thanks man!  I added ya!

DEATH:

See, that's something I never found out about the flares, because I never really bothered to use them when Jason was around.

Usually I would just use my ears, or camera to pick up on his location. But the flare would be helpful if other survivors were around, I suppose, so they can plan their strategy.

I know that the developers don't want to SPOON FEED everything to the players, and players are definitely frustrated, trying to learn this game. It's a growing pain that players will have to get used to tho, as I think NOT EXPLAINING things to players really helps people to learn the game 'on their own' and creates a sense of reward and "I did that myself" personal achievement when they figure things out on their own.

DamonD7:

That's an AWESOME idea about the "Dead" bandanas (from part 6 paintball).

Earning that after dying repeatedly would be an awesome thing.

BloodOnTheRocks:

Thanks man! I added ya!

For sure. I figured it out when I fired one of while he was close by figuring the light would at least let people know, but it gives you xp for marking him. So I mainly used them to mark Jason when I knew I was going to die anyway. I figured I could at least mark him for a few seconds so the others would know where he was.
1 person likes this

That's really good thinking DEATH.  See I had no idea you even earned points for that as well... Shows how much I pay attention. :P

You bringing that up as well makes me think.  When Jason RUNS or WALKS FAST (in J7's case)... does he show up on the mini-map...?

This was a question I had myself in regards to Jason's stealth.  Is it beneficial for Jason to move slower to get more of an edge up on the counselor he's hunting.

I had one Jason... I don't remember who was playing.  But I was approaching the egde of a cabin's corner (sneaking around the cabin), and he was waiting for me to get close enough as I slowly inched forward to the corner of the cabin, and he then JUMPED from around the corner and got me... scared the shit out of me, but I had no idea he was there. XD

That's really good thinking DEATH.  See I had no idea you even earned points for that as well... Shows how much I pay attention. :P

You bringing that up as well makes me think.  When Jason RUNS or WALKS FAST (in J7's case)... does he show up on the mini-map...?

This was a question I had myself in regards to Jason's stealth.  Is it beneficial for Jason to move slower to get more of an edge up on the counselor he's hunting.

I had one Jason... I don't remember who was playing.  But I was approaching the egde of a cabin's corner (sneaking around the cabin), and he was waiting for me to get close enough as I slowly inched forward to the corner of the cabin, and he then JUMPED from around the corner and got me... scared the shit out of me, but I had no idea he was there. XD

I'm not 100% sure, but it seemed to me he would show up under other circumstances as well, like if he was in direct chase of someone and I think that's only proximity based and that could be if someone is looking directly at him or for some other reason I didn't have the time to figure out while trying not to be murdered.

I had experiences like that too and I almost shit my pants every time. I think his location is generally unknown to the counselors the whole time and the music only gives you a general idea, so sometimes it was real easy to sneak your way into a grab and die. :)

Update; 

I've gone ahead and combined all of Laphin's content into one super-thread. You can find most (I might have missed some) of his videos in this thread. If you are interested in his content, please continue to check here for updates!

Update; 

I've gone ahead and combined all of Laphin's content into one super-thread. You can find most (I might have missed some) of his videos in this thread. If you are interested in his content, please continue to check here for updates!

Thanks for taking the time to do this. The forum is getting a bit out of hand lately with all the traffic and someone needs to be cleaning it up so its easier to find things.

Handy thing with the bandanas being that it also won't be difficult getting killed 50 times or whatever! Just from playing the game a bunch.

For sure. I figured it out when I fired one of while he was close by figuring the light would at least let people know, but it gives you xp for marking him.

Wow, it does? I never picked up on that.

Update; 

Neat! Now please sticky it so we can check in on it from time to time and it wont need to be bumped!

KILLABLE MUFFIN DLC FTW :P I would actually love Muffin as a "discoverable" companion who could maybe be a Composure buff. Maybe then Jason's grab attack/swing will connect Muffin giving the counselor a second chance ala pocket knife.

I am not for a killable adorable shih tzu xD but references like a dog collar or dog bowls at the lodge would be cool. On the wikia, it's stated that Muffin was likely given to the family of the girl who was killed so I would assume she did not die. 

Also, for anyone that did not know, I will be moving to Twitch for my cabin chats and any future livestreams!

Follow me there.. youtube's copyright claims system has gotten very broken.  https://www.twitch.tv/laphin

1 person likes this

Also, for anyone that did not know, I will be moving to Twitch for my cabin chats and any future livestreams!

Follow me there.. youtube's copyright claims system has gotten very broken. https://www.twitch.tv/laphin

I don't get it, nowadays with the world on their smartphones and social media and streaming you would think that record labels movie companies artists and such would allow more availability to their copyrighted material to boost their sales! Don't you think if everyone started streaming say ... forest grump, its now going to be way more popular? I can see if someone is putting direct links for DL but streaming is basically the same as YouTubes ok guidlines "it is ok to document music or ones copyrighted material" ok well when say Laphin is streaming the film he is documenting it while telling his fans about the film as it plays! Someone fill me in because I'm curious!

Here is tonight's cabin chat.  This one has some great ideas, but ultimately has some really ridiculous moments....and.... ideas.. and McWhoppers.. yeah.

Enjoy you guys!! :D

https://www.twitch.tv/laphin/v/114299100

1 person likes this

Hey everyone!  PAX SOUTH is about to begin.  For anyone that wants to watch Friday the 13th's PAX PANEL stream, and have a place to chat without having to chat over 4,000+ people, then stop by my Twitch stream http://www.twitch.tv/laphin We'll talk before and after the event, and I will not talk or interrupt with commentary *during* the panel.  See you guys there!!

Be sure to let your friends know, and we'll all have a party together!

2 people like this